Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1782545 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

TSM

United States

#1074280 Feb 4, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually Reagan has the record for tripling our public debt...
and then Cheney told us that"Reagan proved that deficits don't matter."
history is fun!
When Cheney made his remarks we had a strong economy, the deficit was around 27% of GDP, unemployment at 5.5%, and the GDP annual growth rate around 3 to 4%! Strong economic growth, low unemployment, equals revenues!

So Cheney is correct if you have a strong economy the deficit has less of an impact on the overall picture!!

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1074281 Feb 4, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Could it be the same man who gave us washed "African Balls"? Would that be the one? Funny how these right whiners get the most important part of their story wrong.
Exactly!! They even referred to it as "Obama African Ball Washing Program" after it was disclosed it was funded by the 2009 economic stimulus law. They are so eager to find fault with Obama, they miss the details.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#1074282 Feb 4, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>run along, stupid little coward... run from your own words...
No need to continue to demonstrate your hypocritical nature. It can be seen by all in your posts. But again .... the name calling really hits home and adds additional credibility to your positions. LMAO!
Lnc

United States

#1074283 Feb 4, 2014
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
When Cheney made his remarks we had a strong economy, the deficit was around 27% of GDP, unemployment at 5.5%, and the GDP annual growth rate around 3 to 4%! Strong economic growth, low unemployment, equals revenues!
So Cheney is correct if you have a strong economy the deficit has less of an impact on the overall picture!!
President Bush Speaks on Ailing Economy
Oct. 10, 2008

President Bush tried to reassure the nation today that the economy is strong enough to weather the current crisis, but by the time Bush stopped speaking nine minutes later, the market had dropped another 107 points.

The president's encouraging words have historically been able to boost the market, but in the current economic crisis, Bush's ability to instill confidence has been mixed at best.
Speaking after the Dow opened down 200 points this morning and as the numbers continued to drop, this morning's address marked the 10th time the president has spoken on the issue since news of the bailout plan first surfaced.

Following the previous nine times the president specifically addressed the economic crisis, the market ended the day on an upturn on five occasions and closed down the other four.
This morning the president told Americans that "the United States government is acting; we will continue to act to resolve this crisis and restore stability to our markets."
"We are a prosperous nation with immense resources and a wide range of tools at our disposal," he said. "We're using these tools aggressively."

Despite repeated assurances to Americans that they should be confident and that economic officials are aggressively taking action to stabilize the financial system, things haven't been improving.

Friday morning began on a gloomy note, and immediately following the president's speech, negative patterns were apparent. The Dow was down 78.70 at the beginning of the president's statement but dropped to 185.66 by the end of his address.
The Dow dipped Friday morning below the 8000 mark for the first time since March 2003, and overnight global markets in Asia and Europe experienced mor

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1074284 Feb 4, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to continue to demonstrate your hypocritical nature. It can be seen by all in your posts. But again .... the name calling really hits home and adds additional credibility to your positions. LMAO!
what have i ever posted that was hypocritical? just another of your lies...

unless of course you can prove it...which we both know you can't.

you should be the bigger man here and let me get the last word...i dare you....

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1074285 Feb 4, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i didn't mind the bullying so much ...i have friends from joisey.
if he was stupid enough to play political games with his constituents lives, then he is done....as he should be.
IMO, even if they don't provide any real tangible proof that connects Christie to the actual closure, he's past history if no other reason than he created the atmosphere that led to the retaliatory nature of the lane closures. Good riddance.

St. Croix valley

#1074286 Feb 4, 2014
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
in fact. when ht dollar is weak and Us interest rates on our t notes are low, then the deficit matters least. when the economy and the dollar are strong and interest rates are high, then we pay more on our debt.

facts are fun!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1074287 Feb 4, 2014
Here we go AGAIN...

I post my blurb on a story I read...

"Looks like we won't see Al Sharpton talking about this...."

"Spike Lee Sued Over George Zimmerman Tweets"
http://variety.com/2013/digital/news/spike-le...

Now Liberals call me names and tell me I am racist, or I am lying...

Which is it?

St. Croix valley

#1074288 Feb 4, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Lookie here,
I post a comment like this....
"Who needs a doctor....?"
and then I post a blurb and the link supporting my asinine comment...
"...For example, a systematic review of 26 studies published since 2000 found that health status, treatment practices, and prescribing behavior were consistent between nurse practitioners and physicians."
http://www.healthaffairs.org/healthpolicybrie...
Now the idiot liberals attack and call me names....
still nothing on why you have many, many times linked people living in food deserts with gov't spending?

just more posts of yours that you really do not understand?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1074289 Feb 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Galt, Christie has been out of the running since Hurricane Sandy. LMAO
Personally, I think all those videos of him bullying people was the nail in his coffin.
I notice he's trying to come across as a 'kinder, gentler" Christie now.

All his appointees are jumping ship. So the only one left will be the elected one.

And he'll have no one to go to lunch with!

St. Croix valley

#1074290 Feb 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO, even if they don't provide any real tangible proof that connects Christie to the actual closure, he's past history if no other reason than he created the atmosphere that led to the retaliatory nature of the lane closures. Good riddance.
yeaaaaahhhhh...mayyyyybeeee... that is a tough nut to tighten

and of course...several governors, even very conservative ones have stated it would be hard for a gov to NOT know that something like that was happening..

but still, one needs some real proof...or at least ratioanl people do...otherewise the idiots claiming no help was sent to the people in benghazi win, regardless of the falsness of their claims...you don't want to be one of those people do you...

stick with the facts. your life will be far, far better.
Lnc

United States

#1074291 Feb 4, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Here we go AGAIN...
Which is it?
We assume you are a waxm*n sock puppet?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1074292 Feb 4, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i didn't mind the bullying so much ...i have friends from joisey.
if he was stupid enough to play political games with his constituents lives, then he is done....as he should be.
I think that's the point... and by extension how the GOP really doesn't care about the people and are more than willing to make their political point against the constituents.

If they find Christie knew about the lane closures, he'll be a lame duck the rest of his term.

And it only gets worse if people start to believe he with held reconstruction money...

... and tried to buy a development!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1074293 Feb 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
News Flash: No one votes on the Presidents proposed budget. It doesn't work that way.
lol! She can't help it.

Things in America don't work the same way as in her homeland!
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#1074294 Feb 4, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what have i ever posted that was hypocritical? just another of your lies...
unless of course you can prove it...which we both know you can't.
you should be the bigger man here and let me get the last word...i dare you....
Do I really need to dig that post out again. Already posted it for you twice but in your typical liberal nature you ignore it and demand the proof again.

You would have to be a "man" for you to be the bigger one. LOL
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1074295 Feb 4, 2014
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheney... isn't he the guy that pushed the idea to have the military used to arrest American citizens on American soil son?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1074296 Feb 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the thing.

Christie can claim he had a single renegade on his staff.

But now it looks like it IS his staff.

And that's a direct refection on who put them there....
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1074297 Feb 4, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Here we go AGAIN...
Which is it?
lol! Seriously?

You didn't know about this until NOW?

Really..........
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1074298 Feb 4, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
1990 PA electric prices 9.22
2012 PA electric prices 12.75
$9.22 in 1990 would be $16.20 in 2012.
Sounds like prices are less?
I guess they didn't consider that at " Ihateclimatechange dot com
Careful now, power bills are tricky__extremely tricky. First off you've got residential, commercial, outdoor lighting and much more all billed at different rates for non-fuel charge, fuel-charge, storm charge etc etc.

So__it's possible that one of the costs could increase by twenty percent__or double or possibly triple without effecting the "power bill total" to a similar degree or greatly.

It's safe to say that in New England "power bills" have spiked, some 20% or even more. Twenty percent of $65 is $13.00 which is not exactly the end of the world.

In Florida, where most homes are total electric a twenty percent spike could mean an extra $60 per month during peak season.

Point is that the topic is much to complicated to toss % around willy nilly without providing a reliable billing site.

CNS news is L. Brent Bozell III and not worthy of the time. It's bullsht__just sayin.

Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1074299 Feb 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Using your "logic" (speaking generously):

IMO, even if they don't provide any real tangible proof that connects Obama to the actual IRS Scandal, he's past history if no other reason than he created the atmosphere that led to the retaliatory nature of IRS scandal. Good riddance

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr MPMMB 2,667
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr MPMMB 1,148
Change one letter in the word (Apr '12) 2 hr MPMMB 138
Booby DeNiro guarantees Donald's 2020 election ... 4 hr Guest 18
last post wins! (Apr '13) 4 hr The real Rudy 2,872
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 4 hr The real Rudy 3,922
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr The real Rudy 12,417

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages