Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1236786 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1073025 Feb 1, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
When all else fails create a straw man...
you stated the comment about the colonies....

the colonies had absolutely nothing to do with the founding of the US .

we even had an entirely different nation between the colonies and the founding of the US of A

go back to third grade, little girl...

St. Croix valley

#1073026 Feb 1, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
You are really looking stupid at this point...
Just look at the damn link I have from the first amendment center which proves you are absolutely wrong.
so if it's on the internet it is true? your whack-job religious cult freaks also believe in a proven false god, they don't seem to bothered with facts, do they?

St. Croix valley

#1073027 Feb 1, 2014
well, off to bed for this rational thinker...nice cult dreams to you mindless drones...
ptbw forever

Louisville, KY

#1073028 Feb 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so state laws could overide the constitution? i think not...
It is not overriding the constitution when the 1st amendment was only meant to keep the federal government secular so the country didn't break up on religious grounds.

Official state religions did nothing to help or hurt the country so the 1st Congress made a deal with them to leave them alone.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1073029 Feb 1, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pell grants are not the only form of financial aid but they are tremendously successful at helping people become productive citizens. That is something we should all be supporting.
If Republicans want to cut financial aid, they should start with he billions we give Israel every year and they should stop warmongering. If it wasn't for Republicans, we would not be funneling billions to Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq every year.
GM
ptbw forever

Louisville, KY

#1073030 Feb 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you stated the comment about the colonies....
the colonies had absolutely nothing to do with the founding of the US .
we even had an entirely different nation between the colonies and the founding of the US of A
go back to third grade, little girl...
Actually YOU mentioned the word "colonies". I put up a link that said the colonies kept their religions well into statehood and the formation of the country and then you started with these stupid straw men because you knew I proved you dead wrong right from the start.

You were lied to in history class about the nation as a whole like I was, get over it and learn the real history of this country.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1073031 Feb 1, 2014
Poor Americans...need more of Mitts money so they can buy...

Air Jordan's and Jersey's...

" A study from Global Information, in partnership with Global Industry Analysts, predict that the sports and fitness clothing market will top $180 billion dollars a year by the year 2018."

http://sportsbusinessdigest.com/2013/03/athle...
ptbw forever

Louisville, KY

#1073032 Feb 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so if it's on the internet it is true? your whack-job religious cult freaks also believe in a proven false god, they don't seem to bothered with facts, do they?
Where are your sources for the 1st amendment applying to state governments right away?

The only people who agree with you are historically illiterate Democrats who think "In God We Trust" was the first time the US government got involved with religion.

It is amazing how I have destroyed all of you fools in every argument or debate I engaged in on this thread, and yet you neanderthals still think you are smarter because of your straight up denial of irrefutable evidence and facts.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1073033 Feb 1, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pell grants are not the only form of financial aid but they are tremendously successful at helping people become productive citizens. That is something we should all be supporting.
If Republicans want to cut financial aid, they should start with he billions we give Israel every year and they should stop warmongering. If it wasn't for Republicans, we would not be funneling billions to Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq every year.
Pell grants are just one more welfare program......

there is no meaningful financial aid for middle class students, who are the victims of DemoKKKrat class warfare.....

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1073034 Feb 1, 2014
Lcn wrote:
<quoted text>
The new report on economic growth in the fourth quarter Ė covering October, November, and December Ė was released this morning, and overall the figures arenít bad. Itís worth appreciating, however, why theyíre not even better.
The U.S. economy grew at a 3.2% annual pace in the fourth quarter, fueled by the biggest rise in consumer spending in three years and a snapback in business investment. Strong net exports also boosted growth, the Commerce Department said Thursday. Economists polled by MarketWatch had forecast a 3.3% gain in gross domestic product.[Ö]
Consumer spending jumped 3.3% in the fourth quarter, the best performance since 2010. Business investment also rebounded - companies raised spending on equipment by 6.9% after a measly 0.2% increase in the third quarter.
Note, these preliminary figures, which will be revised twice more in the coming months, come on the heels of 4.1% GDP growth in the third quarter. The back-to-back growth was the best seen in the U.S. in two years.
Overall for the calendar year, the domestic economy grew at just 1.9%Ė down from 2.8% in 2012 Ė but this was largely the result of a sluggish start. The second half of 2013 saw growth of 3.65%, which will hopefully create some momentum for this year.
But itís important to recognize why the latest figures arenít even better.
The congressional Republicansí government shutdown, for example, shaved about 0.3% from the overall total. Thatís a difference, in other words, between 3.2% growth and 3.5% growth. Itís still not clear exactly why GOP lawmakers did this, or what they hoped to accomplish, but thereís evidence now that the gambit took a toll on the economy.
Whatís more, Daniel Gross noted that the report found that spending cuts from Washington shaved about one full percentage point from the GDP. What could have been the second strongest economic growth in the last five years was stunted by spending cuts demanded by congressional Republicans.
Don't talk to yourself lest you die laughing.

Lapeer, MI

#1073035 Feb 1, 2014
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe she took my advice. For a person to have such an obsession with the President seems to a sign of some mental imbalance.
It was a gorgeous day in sunny Florida at he beach!
You feel more comfortable lying alongside other beached whales.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1073036 Feb 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so state laws could overide the constitution? i think not...
The First Amendment applies only to laws passed by the US Congress.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1073037 Feb 1, 2014
killtaker wrote:
Poor Americans...need more of Mitts money so they can buy...
Air Jordan's and Jersey's...
" A study from Global Information, in partnership with Global Industry Analysts, predict that the sports and fitness clothing market will top $180 billion dollars a year by the year 2018."
http://sportsbusinessdigest.com/2013/03/athle...
designer sneakers are essential to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.....

Lapeer, MI

#1073038 Feb 1, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesse Jackson's son went to prison for stealing his constituents money. Best not to point fingers.
It is interesting to note that the Jesse Sharpton's and the Magic Negro's have absolutely no shame level that will shut them up.

Jesse baby was caught funneling money to his L.A. love child momma and it doesn't shut him up. His son and daughter-in-law go to prison for theft and it doesn't shut him up. Jesse baby is caught telling racist jokes and it doesn't shut him up.

Al Sharpton has been repeatedly caught fomenting racist activities, lying his blackazz off and he still plods along hurting people for money.

The Magic Negro blatantly lies repeatedly about Obamacare, his past and his true political bent and shows no shame whatsoever.

"You can't keep a good man down" has been perverted into "You can't keep a racist pig down".
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1073039 Feb 2, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had to watch your daughter starve to death because her ex-husband with kids from a longstanding relationship had determined this is what she wanted after moving on with his own life - and you were denied being given the chance to care for her even after begging for that chance - you might have a different outlook about Terri.
Her ex could have divorced her. But he thought her slow agonizing death was better for him.
Terri Schiavo was already dead Carol, but her body didn't know it. The autopsy showed that her brain had deteriorated to the point where there was no cognitive function left. She was in no pain and there was no "agonizing" death.
I just hope that if the same thing were to happen to me my family would do the right thing and let me go rather than have to linger in a vegetative state.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1073040 Feb 2, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, more into facts and reality than speculation. Just presenting facts and reality.
My only hope is this president is forced to resign sooner than later only because he's proven himself an incompetent president and a liar.
But Michelle coming right out and saying Obama's homeland was Kenya too should at least raise one hair on your uni-eyebrow.
You wouldn't know a fact if it bit you in the butt Carol. You prove this every time you post.
You're a stranger to reality also relying on right wing sources to feed your delusions.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1073041 Feb 2, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. It's not easy finding the right home at the right price in this still shaky market - at least here in Orlando. It's definitely a seller's market and makes negotiating along with home values a little more difficult. Many sellers won't not budge waiting for an investor to pay cash.
Also, the window to home buying in this present interest rate environment is closing according to news reports. Just adds to the stress of it being now or never.
A sellers market means that it's improved nitwit. One of the issues was that homeowners were stuck with homes that were devalued below what they owed. Home prices are going up and thatís not a sign of a fragile economy stupid, it's a sign that it's improving.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1073042 Feb 2, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
... caused by the Democrats' Marxist CRA program.
Actually, there are different ways of dealing with a recession. One way is to take less money out of the economy. The Democrats prefer to take more money out of the economy when the economy needs money.
You're an idiot.
Sure moron, keep pushing that bull crap.
FACT: Only banks chartered under the FDIC were affected by the CRA.
FACT: The originators of the toxic loans that sank the housing market were not chartered under the FDIC and weren't regulated in any way.
FACT: Republicans refused to regulate the mortgage backed securities and debt default swap markets.
FACT: You're an idiot; you always have been and always will be.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1073043 Feb 2, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
not true, they were the result of Barry and Harry's obscene spending.
What is true is that the demorats own the mortgage disaster 100%, it's been proved on her over and over.
No forced subprime mortgages to the unworthy, no crisis.
Deny it.
Sure moron, the GOP held both houses of Congress and the White House when the housing bubble ballooned beyond sustainability and had no oversight over mortgage brokers like Countrywide and Indy Mac and refused to regulate the markets in mortgage backed securities and credit default swaps. So Democrats are 100% responsible?
No one forced anyone to make unsafe loans halfwit. Those that did, did it on purpose to bundle them up and sell them at a profit before they went bad.
You're an idiot!
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1073044 Feb 2, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Which stimulus bill? The one that created no jobs? Or the one that is enriching the already rich?
Where';s the jobs Barry promised?
Where are you getting that doofus? The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act did produce a short-term recovery. We dropped 8.9 percent of GDP in Q4 2008. We lost 800,000 jobs in January 2009. We passed the stimulus. And then the next quarter we saw the biggest jobs improvement in 30 years.
Since then the GOP has blocked any more legislation that would actually put people back to work.
You're an idiot!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min woodtick57 189,927
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 33 min Scientist Fellow PhD 53,609
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 39 min CDC 51,768
"It Takes A Village", Hillary's book was totally 1 hr Rocket Man 6
Amy 6.3.15 1 hr RACE 4
dearabby 6-3-15 1 hr blunt advice 6
amy 6-2 1 hr blunt advice 32
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]