Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1601227 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1073944 Feb 3, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You speak so often about your being sad that I'm beginning to suspect you are suffering clinical depression.
Low IQ can do that but, sadly, there's no cure.
Can you please suffer in silence?
TIA:>
Ol' Woodenhead is desperate for conversation. Borderline stalker.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1073945 Feb 3, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>tying your indurance to your work was a major major fail..
when i purchased my own insurance...and it really wasn't that much more than what my company takes out of my compensation now... it took me all of ten minutes per year to deal with all the paperwork...
our office manager spends a few weeks per year dealing with our company's health care requirements...and that was pre ACA...the insurance companies are getting the customers to do the work and charging them for the opportunity... why you can't see this is beyond me...normally, you are pretty astute and quite anti-big corporation...
"woodendick"
You are one of a kind. You actually posted that "real dumb" was pretty asstute? He is an ....????
Peace
KMA
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1073946 Feb 3, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously don't!
lol! Fortunately, no one cares what a ruskie like you says son!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1073947 Feb 3, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
the dreaded restaurant phrase..."yeah, pepsi will be OK..."
ol! I don't orer Pepsi in a restaurant.

And no, it's never ok!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1073948 Feb 3, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. I don't believe a word you say.
lol! No one cares about a ruskie like you son!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1073949 Feb 3, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not your sweetie, Hyime.
lol! poor baby. you're so sensitive....
Lnc

United States

#1073950 Feb 3, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
What I meant by graveyard waiting homes is when I'm in my 80s and husband is almost there...if we make it that far.
But wouldn't have a problem with the over 55 crowd or living in one of its communities. But most of them around here are manufactured homes and wouldn't be covered with a VA loan.
We still might consider that a few more years down the road if we put off home buying a little longer. Might actually be the best thing to do.
Seems better to be in a multi generational area....just saying

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1073951 Feb 3, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"uselesssincefo0rever0000 0"
Who was president on 2009? Did he veto the legislation cutting monies allotted to defense of our embassy's and consulates? The senate had nothing to do with the bill?
Peace
KMA
Obama presents his budget proposal to Congress and they tear it apart. In 2011 and 2012, President Obama sought a total of $5 billion for State Departmentís two main security accounts and the House approved $4.5 billion. Weren't you the people that were complaining that he doesn't reach across the aisle enough? What hypocrites.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1073952 Feb 3, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't give me that "investing in our nation" crapolla. Investors don't invest to support the nation. If that were true, they wouldn't be investing in emerging markets. They invest to feather their pockets. I don't care if people invest in the stock market. Go for it. Just don't try and claim that you are "investing in our nation". Just be honest by saying, "I'm trying to make a quick buck." That's what gambling is all about.
woodtick57 was advocating for Communism and this article explains why people in Northern Minnesota think the way they do which those beliefs are still passed down.

In the days when the Northland was red
In the first few decades of the 20th century, Duluth was a hotbed of labor battles, corporate spying and, gasp, even communism. Richard Hudelson, author and university professor, and Budgeteer editor Jana Peterson tag-team on this brief, but fascinating history of communism in the Twin Ports and the Iron Range.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/articl...

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1073953 Feb 3, 2014
Post#1073875 below by EasyEed who is warming up to Woodtick57 illustrates the danger Woodtick57 poses to progressives:
"...I do enjoy some of what you post. But, you should not get an inflated ego, you are not the only intelligent poster on this thread. For you to demean all those you disagree with subtracts from what you have to offer...".

If Woodtick57 pulls these loonies off the wall then they would return to the Republican party instead of tossing their votes away on some 3rd party wacko.
Teabaggers are the best thing to happen to the Democratic party, they split the Republican party and scare away independent voters. Folks like McCain, Kristol, Jindal and Woodtick57 realize that and try to rein them in. They need the votes from these morons to protect the wealthy, destroy unions, merge religion and government, defund public education, eliminate Social Security, ban abortion, abandon the poor, etc.

God bless Ted Cruz.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1073954 Feb 3, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>this article is total bullshit there is nowhere you can get $60/ounce pot that is anything but total ditchweed on this continent.
a quarter ounce of just fair buds will go over a $100 these days...
leave it to you to find an article not even close to true...did you write it yourself?
You sure don't sound like the intellectual you claim to be in this post...

almost gangsta...

And why does a ice fisherman from 'menAsoda' know so much about marijuana prices?

Location hidden

#1073955 Feb 3, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama presents his budget proposal to Congress and they tear it apart. In 2011 and 2012, President Obama sought a total of $5 billion for State Departmentís two main security accounts and the House approved $4.5 billion. Weren't you the people that were complaining that he doesn't reach across the aisle enough? What hypocrites.
Was 2011 the year we spent $900k to watch a shrimp run on a treadmill? I cannot remember?
Emeemammy

Satellite Beach, FL

#1073956 Feb 3, 2014
Emeem wrote:
Post#1073875 below by EasyEed who is warming up to Woodtick57 illustrates the danger Woodtick57 poses to progressives:
"...I do enjoy some of what you post. But, you should not get an inflated ego, you are not the only intelligent poster on this thread. For you to demean all those you disagree with subtracts from what you have to offer...".
If Woodtick57 pulls these loonies off the wall then they would return to the Republican party instead of tossing their votes away on some 3rd party wacko.
Teabaggers are the best thing to happen to the Democratic party, they split the Republican party and scare away independent voters. Folks like McCain, Kristol, Jindal and Woodtick57 realize that and try to rein them in. They need the votes from these morons to protect the wealthy, destroy unions, merge religion and government, defund public education, eliminate Social Security, ban abortion, abandon the poor, etc.
God bless Ted Cruz.
Barack Hussein Obama: "Lie of the Year"

Location hidden

#1073957 Feb 3, 2014
For our pot head Liberal friends...

Awesome! Poor deadbeats can see how much pot they can buy after they hit the ATM with their EBT card...

http://www.priceofweed.com/

Location hidden

#1073958 Feb 3, 2014
Emeem wrote:
God bless Ted Cruz.
word....

How many times were you knocked out?...

do you sound like Ozzy or Ali when you talk?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1073959 Feb 3, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you concentrate on saving money instead of relying on profits from an over-inflated stock market to fund your retirement?
apparently you have no concept of inflation or the time value of money....particularly when Obama forces interest rates to zero....

what if your inflated government pension was based on your starting salary in 1960???...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1073960 Feb 3, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>From simple minds come simple solutions. The idealistic 50's and 60's existed mainly on TV and in the movies.
I'd just be happy if this president would be honest for a change with the American people.

Or is that too simple?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1073961 Feb 3, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't give me that "investing in our nation" crapolla. Investors don't invest to support the nation. If that were true, they wouldn't be investing in emerging markets. They invest to feather their pockets. I don't care if people invest in the stock market. Go for it. Just don't try and claim that you are "investing in our nation". Just be honest by saying, "I'm trying to make a quick buck." That's what gambling is all about.
easy for you to say when the taxpayers are on the hook for your pension that was never funded....

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1073962 Feb 3, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
are you sure?
if lily is married to Sambo and gets pregnant by Sambo's friend DaQuan, who pays child support when lily and Sambo divorce?
if lily is married to Taneesha and gets pregnant through intercourse with DaQuan, who pays child support when lily and Taneesha divorce?
if lily is married to Taneesha and has a turkey baster baby with DaQuan's sperm, who pays child support when lily and Taneesha divorce?
Can't wait until common sense comes out of its coma. Unless it's too late and somebody already pulled the plug.

Location hidden

#1073963 Feb 3, 2014
Hey dumazz liberals...read this...because I am a racist...

Its from a GOV site...

Quotation mark
"In FY 2013:
ICE conducted a total of 368,644 removals.
ICE conducted 133,551 removals of individuals apprehended in the interior of the U.S. 82 percent of all interior removals had been previously convicted of a crime.

ICE conducted 235,093 removals of individuals apprehended along our borders while attempting to unlawfully enter the U.S.

59 percent of all ICE removals, a total of 216,810, had been previously convicted of a crime.

ICE apprehended and removed 110,115 criminals removed from the interior of the U.S.

ICE removed 106,695 criminals apprehended at the border while attempting to unlawfully enter the U.S.

98 percent of all ICE FY 2013 removals, a total of 360,313, met one or more of ICE's stated civil immigration enforcement priorities.

Of the 151,834 removals of individuals without a criminal conviction, 84 percent, or 128,398, were apprehended at the border while attempting to unlawfully enter the U.S. and 95 percent fell within one of ICE's stated immigration enforcement priorities."

http://www.ice.gov/removal-statistics/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Some in Cicero take issue with flying of Mexica... (Oct '08) 23 min They cannot kill ... 1,580
Insane Popes 34th Hoyne Park (Nov '12) 26 min Long Street 23
dead in a freezer in a freaking hotel man. i sw... 29 min She deserved it 25
Coffee with Jesus. 36 min Pissed postert 6
kenneka jenkins needs justice! 46 min Obumer 4
He Fights. 47 min I fought 5
Whatever became of Vida? 2 hr Still in Area 9

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages