Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1580794 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1073494 Feb 3, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure must be convenient to have Fox around to accuse who might just, perhaps, be the only ones telling the truth. Probably why Obama hates them too. They just won't fall in line and stay in his back pocket like the rest of the media.
And speaking of falling in line, it's why he demonizes and disrespects Republicans, the elected officials of half the country, who he refuses to recognize as such because they actually want to be part of the governing process instead of giving in to everything he wants carte blanche.
Now he's whining about the gridlock in Congress when he - and he alone - created it by his obstinate and arrogance. He just doesn't know how it works. Even Clinton knew how it works. Obama just thinks he won - and that's how it works - just him and his elite inner circle calling all of the shots.
He's a loner who even WH aides have said doesn't seem to like anyone. He thought the presidency would give him the kind of isolation he desires by not having to deal with his colleagues on the Senate floor and would give him the kind of bully pulpit he craves. He's simply in over his head. He's too self-centered. And he doesn't know how it works.
But go ahead and blame Fox for that too.
HEY STUPID! The gridlock in Congress was created on January 21, 2009 At the Caucus Room restaurant.
Attending the dinner were House members Eric Cantor, Jeb Hensarling, Pete Hoekstra, Dan Lungren, Kevin McCarthy, Paul Ryan and Pete Sessions. From the Senate were Tom Coburn, Bob Corker, Jim DeMint, John Ensign and Jon Kyle. Others present were former House Speaker and future and failed presidential candidate Newt Gingrich and the Republican strategist Frank Luntz, who organized the dinner and sent out the invitations.
During a lengthy discussion, the senior GOP members worked out a plan to repeatedly block Obama over the coming four years to try to ensure he would not be re-elected.
You're living in a bubble of hate warped delusion Carol.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1073495 Feb 3, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather have a bell... so I could ring out warning and danger.
I WOULD ring out the love between my brothers and my sisters too but I don't know half of them anymore. They be hatin' too much.
You're one of the biggest haters on this thread Carol.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1073496 Feb 3, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
<cognitive dissonance>
The only thing I hate is violations of the Constitution.(Of course, there's a lot of that going on right now, isn't there?)
I'm going to address one thing. Put any statement I made that backs up your propaganda bullshit about supporting revolution against the American government. Let's start by defining the American government.
Give us your definition of the American government.
Here's mine:
http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html
By the way, you never posted any text from the Constitution that you cannot understand and need someone to interpret for you. Looks like even an idiot like you can easily read and understand the Constitution.
You're an idiot displaying cognitive dissonance.
A new entry for Lie of the Year, "The only thing I hate is violations of the Constitution.". Are you now claiming to love everything on the list? Or are you claiming these things all violate the Constitution?
You may also win with your lie about denying support for a revolution against the government. You said NUMEROUS times that a revolution may be necessary to protect the Constitution. I used to mock you about building a bunker, remember that?
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1073497 Feb 3, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
And don't be fooled or, worse yet, remain a fool when this president uses language that sounds like he's just been waiting around for the Republicans to come to him with all the solutions which he would have gladly accepted if they only had offered them.
They have. Many...many...times. It was Obama who refused to negotiate every single time and Harry Reid who refused to bring up their many proposed solutions for a vote in the Senate every single time.
This president is as crafty as a Fox guarding the hen house. Don't be one of the hens.
Only in your hate warped delusional mind Carol.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1073498 Feb 3, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY STUPID! The gridlock in Congress was created on January 21, 2009 At the Caucus Room restaurant.
Attending the dinner were House members Eric Cantor, Jeb Hensarling, Pete Hoekstra, Dan Lungren, Kevin McCarthy, Paul Ryan and Pete Sessions. From the Senate were Tom Coburn, Bob Corker, Jim DeMint, John Ensign and Jon Kyle. Others present were former House Speaker and future and failed presidential candidate Newt Gingrich and the Republican strategist Frank Luntz, who organized the dinner and sent out the invitations.
During a lengthy discussion, the senior GOP members worked out a plan to repeatedly block Obama over the coming four years to try to ensure he would not be re-elected.
You're living in a bubble of hate warped delusion Carol.
<cognitive dissonance>

HEY STUPID. The Democrats had a super majority in the Senate and a dominant majority in the House beginnin in January, 2009. Gridlock would have been impossible if not caused by the Democrats, moron.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1073499 Feb 3, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey STUPID!

That would be you. The hater that calls other people names like:

You are a LIAR and an IDIOT!

sicko...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1073500 Feb 3, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
<projection>

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1073501 Feb 3, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually nitwit, the most recent Gallup Poll shows that the majority of Americans are in favor of marriage equality 52% to 43%. Even Catholics are in favor 60% to 36%. In two states Maryland and Maine voters approved same sex marriage.
Proposition 8 that was passed in California was based on distortions and outright lies. This was borne out in the court arguments that eventually overturned it.
Also a majority of Americans think marijuana should be legalized. Enforcing laws against pot are a waste of police time and resources and cases unnecessarily clog up the courts.
Let's see...
A man joining with a woman is different than a woman joining with a woman or a man joining with a man.
How is that statement based on distortions and lies?

Let's start with the genetically programmed instinct among normal humans to propagate the species.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1073502 Feb 3, 2014
angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Its the Radical Right thats been neutered pinhead.
Eunich Teabaggers who roll over on their backs and lick the feet of the Corporate Rich.
Spineless Fox Slaves who lap up whatever toxic propaganda the Koch's are ladling out that week without question.
Repub Castratos cast out of power and judged unfit to lead twice probably never to be trusted again by the American electorate in our lifetimes.
Rascists,Bigots,Fools,Sexists, Neo Nazis,the Ignorant,Bullies....essentiall y the Repub base...no credibilty with the growing demographics of Americans you need to win Nationally.
Steer Cottled son!!LMAO!.
Sounds like you're about to introduce the keynote speaker for the gathering of slaves on the gubmint plantation.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1073503 Feb 3, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
A new entry for Lie of the Year, "The only thing I hate is violations of the Constitution.". Are you now claiming to love everything on the list? Or are you claiming these things all violate the Constitution?
You may also win with your lie about denying support for a revolution against the government. You said NUMEROUS times that a revolution may be necessary to protect the Constitution. I used to mock you about building a bunker, remember that?
You must have been taking notes yesterday when Obama was slithering around the questions from O'Reilly.
Here's that post you're running away from again:

<cognitive dissonance>
The only thing I hate is violations of the Constitution.(Of course, there's a lot of that going on right now, isn't there?)
I'm going to address one thing. Put any statement I made that backs up your propaganda bullshit about supporting revolution against the American government. Let's start by defining the American government.
Here's mine:
By the way, you never posted any text from the Constitution that you cannot understand and need someone to interpret for you. Looks like even an idiot like you can easily read and understand the Constitution.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1073504 Feb 3, 2014
A Super Bowl Of Fox's Phony Scandals: The Obama-O'Reilly Pregame Interview

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/02/02/a-sup...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1073505 Feb 3, 2014
angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Its the Radical Right thats been neutered pinhead.
Eunich Teabaggers who roll over on their backs and lick the feet of the Corporate Rich.
Spineless Fox Slaves who lap up whatever toxic propaganda the Koch's are ladling out that week without question.
Repub Castratos cast out of power and judged unfit to lead twice probably never to be trusted again by the American electorate in our lifetimes.
Rascists,Bigots,Fools,Sexists, Neo Nazis,the Ignorant,Bullies....essentiall y the Repub base...no credibilty with the growing demographics of Americans you need to win Nationally.
Steer Cottled son!!LMAO!.
Since when is the Constitution radical?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1073506 Feb 3, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's correct you use of the English language.
Because the Constitution is the definition of the government of the United States, it is impossible for a "revolution" to be what saves the country.

Now, let's get back to working on your reading and comprehension of the written English language.

We were defining the government of the United States. Here's my definition:

What is your definition of the government of the United States?

You never posted that text from the Constitution you cannot understand and need someone to interpret for you.

You are displaying idiocy due to cognitive dissonance.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1073507 Feb 3, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
A Super Bowl Of Fox's Phony Scandals: The Obama-O'Reilly Pregame Interview
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/02/02/a-sup...
Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?

Since: May 11

New Oxford, PA

#1073508 Feb 3, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
<cognitive dissonance>
Let's go over your 3rd grade arithmetic again.
(debt)+(deficit)=(new debt)
5+3=8
8+2=10
Note, lowering the deficit did not lower the debt, you moron.
Now, back to reality. The deficit will again be 1.5 trillion just for the day-to-day existence of the government, even if your hippy pipe dream ObamaKare achieves your fantasy prognosis.
Because ObamaKare will cost trillions bailing out the insurance companies participating in the exchanges, it is likely the deficit could exceed 2 trillion dollars, instead of the projected 1.5 trillion.
Dumbwaiter saw that as of Jan 1, his cable bill increased from $60 to $90 dollars a month.
He shopped around & signed up with Direct TV & the same coverage is only $70.00 a month.
Did Direct TV save money & did it lower his monthly bills?
Dumbwaiter is arguing it didn't because his monthly bills went up $10.00. But they would have gone up $30 if he did not change. So yes, the change saved him money & lowered his bills.
Dumbwaiter is just dumber than sh*t.

By the way, dumbass, the costs of the ACA go up as does the revenue generation. The ACA does not add to the deficit or the debt.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1073509 Feb 3, 2014
Times Are A-Changin': Republicans Now The Key To Gay Marriage Fight

The rationale behind this evolution is pretty simple, Gregory T. Angelo, executive director of Log Cabin Republicans, a conservative group that advocates for marriage equality, told TPM. It's a recognition of the growing American acceptance of same-sex marriages -- 54 percent supported it in a July 2013 Gallup poll, a new record high -- and that opposition will not be a tenable position for the GOP over the long term. There's plenty of evidence to suggest that: A March 2013 Washington Post/ABC poll found that 52 percent of Republicans ages 18 to 49 supported marriage equality.

"What you're seeing is a shift in the Republican Party, where Republicans are no longer walking in lockstep in opposition to marriage equality," Angelo said. "In fact, supporters are not silent, but very involved in declaring their support. I think there is an understanding by some of the braver Republicans out there that the time is now to step up in support of marriage equality. It will impact their legacy and how they go down in history."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/republicans-g...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1073510 Feb 3, 2014
Let's see...
A man joining with a woman is different than a woman joining with a woman or a man joining with a man.
How is that statement based on distortions and lies?

Let's start with the genetically programmed instinct among normal humans to propagate the species.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1073511 Feb 3, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have been taking notes yesterday when Obama was slithering around the questions from O'Reilly.
Here's that post you're running away from again:
<cognitive dissonance>
Here's mine:
You must have been taking notes yesterday while Bill O was asking dumbass irrelevant questions that have been answered numerous times.
Now back to business. Certainly you remember people here joking about you building a bunker, right? You're not that fcking dense are you? What do you think that was in reference to if it wasn't about your revolution threat?
angel

Boise, ID

#1073512 Feb 3, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you're about to introduce the keynote speaker for the gathering of slaves on the gubmint plantation.
....I AM the keynote speaker thank you very much.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1073513 Feb 3, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?
im not going to try to answer questions that you can't answer.

and most 'normal' people wouldn't be stupid enough to show the world how ignorant they are. kinda like what BillO did to himself last night.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Avoid Chicago city data forum, it's full of bs (Oct '10) 1 hr city data forum 193
George Norcross featured on American Greed 2 hr Tom 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Lincoln Square 4 hr Patricia B 3
last post wins! (Dec '10) 5 hr honeymylove 3,204
Trump Just Sux 5 hr Vince McTrump 127
News Herea s where to watch the eclipse in Chicago 5 hr Ricardo montobomb 3
News Noise from new O'Hare runway angers Park Ridge ... (Dec '08) 7 hr Penny 198

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages