Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1072021 Jan 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Fox host apologizes for reporting fake news
http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/10/f...
seems to me that would be an ongoing thing.
One unintentional mistake, that meant nothing BTW, compared to the daily dishonesty from the rest of the LSM.
NucuurVodkaOptio n

Palm Coast, FL

#1072022 Jan 30, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying the old racist retards are dying off?
Not at all, Lily Boca Raton FL is still alive, and apparently well-preserved (it's the vodka).

“you know i know”

denver

#1072023 Jan 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Fox Apologizes for Poll Asking Whether Jews Killed Jesus Christ
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2011/12/...
very classy.
An obsession bordering on psy4259chosis, from a guy who never watches it. And who seems to be on here 24/7, when do you sleep?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1072024 Jan 30, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Renewables are buried ion a fog of intentional obfuscation. Do their listed costs and ROI reflect Federal subsidies, State subsidies, Utility Subsidies or can they stand on their own in the marketplace? If they *can't* then we are all paying through the nose for them in our taxes and phooey on you for lying about how cheap they are.
Changing weather patterns can leave Wind Turbines standing as monuments to stupidity. Put 'em on wheels, maybe?
What happens to a sailing ship when caught in the doldrums?
We constantly hear about a New! Improved Solar Panel that is cheaper!
But how about it's efficiency? Lifespan? Environmental damage from production?
A good comedian could make a living telling Renewable Jokes.
There are plenty to go around.
The Federal government pays farmers to grow corn for ethanol production. Everyone involved with corn ethanol production gets a tax break and so we are all paying for corn ethanol production.

But then when you fuel your vehicle at the pump, you are once again paying for the ethanol you just paid for in your taxes.

And because so much corn has gone into ethanol production, little is left for the food industry which then drives up prices of baked goods. You pay a third time for the ethanol you already paid for in your taxes and at the fuel pump.

And because ethanol is far less energy dense than gasoline, you are getting screwed even further.

Now....tell me again about how renewables are the wave of the future.

If an energy source cannot stand on its own in the marketplace without subsidies then it doesn't belong in the marketplace in the first place. Period.

“you know i know”

denver

#1072025 Jan 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
this is where you'll find today's anti-war crowd. and real conservatives.
The themes that run through the works of the first prominent figures to call themselves conservatives–thinkers such as Russell Kirk, Peter Viereck, and Robert Nisbet–are peace, community (self-government as well as civil society), and fiscal restraint. Today, of course, many politicians and pundits who call themselves conservatives seem to stand for something else: war, every man for himself, and endless deficits and debt.
What wrecked the good name of conservatism? Success. The conservative critique of the liberal welfare-warfare state was so powerful that special interests (such as those Eisenhower called the Military-Industrial Complex) and opportunistic politicians began to adopt the label and offer fame, money, and power to conservatives who would admit them to the fellowship. As well, there was another reaction against the new age of ideology and bigness, a populist reaction. Combining populist anger with the name of conservatism proved a winning formula for fundraisers and office-seekers. But instead of making the populist uprising more conservative, the effect was to remake conservatism as populism. Thus the principle conservative values of peace, community, and economic responsibility came to be lost amid wars and rumors of wars, Keynesianism and promises of perpetual, debt-fueled growth.
The original conservatives (and some of their libertarian and even liberal friends, those who were more conservative than they knew) had it right. Today the country pays the price for the left-wing ideologies that ran rampant in the 20th century and the right-wing, but not conservative, reaction that has only exacerbated the destruction wrought by the left. To solve the country’s seemingly intractable–and, in the long-term, lethal–strategic, economic, and socio-cultural problems requires a rediscovery of traditional conservatism.
That’s the mission of The American Conservative.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/who-we...
non responsive, care to try again?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1072026 Jan 30, 2014
OBAMANATION wrote:
More fear mongering from the dept of injustice...
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/...
How about Eric Racist Holder releasing mutilation photos of whites killed by Trayvons?

How about his releasing ANY photos of dead people who were killed by Trayvons?

Two Saginaw, MI black males were just sentenced for a heinous crime where they firebombed all sides of a house and when the inhabitants began running out, they began shooting them down - including women and children.

How long before the Magic Negro gives another one of his "search your soul...about..black boys" speeches and releases these monsters?

FU Holder and the horse that rode in on you.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1072027 Jan 30, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Should your husband ever get in a bad car accident that leaves him in a coma, let us know how not having health insurance works out for you.
Well if he is in a coma then I will have to pull the plug-that's all. So why would health insurance help him get out of the coma? you are so stupid.

Prevented this

#1072028 Jan 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
The White Ghetto
....This isn’t the Kentucky of Elmore Leonard’s imagination, and there is nothing romantic about it. These are no sons and daughters of Andrew Jackson, no fiercely independent remnants of the old America clinging to their homes and their traditional ways. Having once been downwind of a plate of biscuits and squirrel gravy does not make you Daniel Boone. This is not the land of moonshine and hill lore, but that of families of four clutching $40 worth of lotto scratchers and crushing the springs on their beaten-down Camry while getting dinner from a Phillips 66 station.
This is about “the draw.”
“The draw,” the monthly welfare checks that supplement dependents’ earnings in the black-market Pepsi economy, is poison. It’s a potent enough poison to catch the attention even of such people as those who write for the New York Times. Nicholas Kristof, visiting nearby Jackson, Ky., last year, was shocked by parents who were taking their children out of literacy classes because the possibility of improved academic performance would threaten $700-a-month Social Security disability benefits, which increasingly are paid out for nebulous afflictions such as loosely defined learning disorders.“This is painful for a liberal to admit,” Kristof wrote,“but conservatives have a point when they suggest that America’s safety net can sometimes entangle people in a soul-crushing dependency.”
There is much here to confound conservatives, too. Jim DeMint likes to say that marriage is our best anti-poverty program, and he also has a point. But a 2004 study found that the majority of impoverished households in Appalachia were headed by married couples, not single mothers.
....“The government gives people checks, but nobody teaches them how to live,” says Teresa Barrett, a former high-school principal who now publishes the Owsley County newspaper.“You have people on the draw getting $3,000 a month, and they still can’t live. When I was at the school, we’d see kids come in from a long weekend just starved to death. But you’ll see those parents at the grocery store with their 15 cases of Pepsi, and that’s all they’ve got in the buggy — you know what they’re doing. Everybody knows, nobody does anything. And when you have that many people on the draw, that’s a big majority of voters.”
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/367903/...
and just like Galt keeps telling us...those people need to get a job. never mind that the GOP cares that there are none, they need to get up off of their fat white asses and start contributing to society. i'm sick and tired of paying taxes so some guy can own a "$50,000 Ram pickup truck with an exterior as shiny as a silver ingot and a camouflage interior, the usefulness of which is non-obvious" while he's on the draw.
though i will say the crime rate isn't that bad. though probably has something to do with most being stoned on oxy all the time.
So you are saying that government health care is causing all this? that is what I have been trying to tell you--take the pharma away-take away their insurance-get rid of the food stamps-they will work or starve-what difference at this point does it make? the pharma is going to dry up Sonic and they will die. Oh wait the democrats gave them O'bamacare and expanded Medicare. Stop it all and see what happens.
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1072030 Jan 30, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Immigration reform is at the bottom of the list of Americans concerns, at the top? Jobs, and Hussein has failed miserably at that.
Immigration reform is not needed , what is needed is to stop the invaders at the border and deport more of them.
But you' re a dupe! An idiot that believes the GOO!
You vote for the "small government" Party that votes for a budget with a deficit bigger than last year's, is going to vote for a bill that raises the debt celing, and soon will be passing a bill regardibg immigration reform!
You may as well vote Dem!

Prevented this

#1072031 Jan 30, 2014
*correction Sonic expanded Medicaid, I am still cold from my outing today--the Democrat running for Governor of Wisconsin wouldn't show her ugly face along side O'bama -ROTFLMAO.

Prevented this

#1072032 Jan 30, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying the old racist retards are dying off?
Waxman, democrat, California finally quite -he didn't die. I hear Sandra Flukey is looking to run for his seat--or anyones seat can screw--that's the kinda slut she is.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1072033 Jan 30, 2014
Big government kills another business

Health Department Shuts Down 11-Year-Old's Cupcake Business

Zenon Evans|Jan. 29, 2014 3:57 pm

The Health Department of Madison County, Illinois on Sunday shut down a baking operation run by an 11-year-old girl.

Chloe Stirling may be young, but she's already developed serious culinary and small business skills. She began an enterprise, called “Hey, Cupcake!,” out of her family's kitchen two years ago. According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the sixth grader earns around $200 a month selling her baked goods. Stirling hopes to use her income to one day open her own bakery. Her mother, Heather, also offered to match the money Stirling makes to buy a car when she turns 16. Additionally,“she has donated many to charitable events, including a fundraiser for a student with cancer and, most recently, taking some to residents at a senior care center,” writes the Belleville News-Democrat.

The desserts didn't sit well with the local government, though. The health department called Stirling's parents and demanded that the girl cease operations, because she was violating the Illinois State Food Service Code. Stirling lacked the necessary permit and the kitchen wasn't properly licensed.

"The guy told me I either had to buy her a bakery or put in a second kitchen (in the house),” Stirling's mother said.

How did the sleuths at the health department discover this renegade baker? She was on the front page of the local news. The News-Democrat wanted to highlight Stirling's entrepreneurship, so they wrote a feature about her.

Health Promotion Manager Amy Yeager told the Post-Dispatch,“The rules are the rules. It’s for the protection of the public health. The guidelines apply to everyone.” When asked whether it was worth the potential poor public relations, she said,“People will react how they choose to react. But it is our job.”

The sixth grade scofflaw doesn't blame the department for finally catching up with her code-violating behavior. She told KSDK, "Well, I think it's just the rules are rules and they kind of need to be followed. I really don't blame the health department because it's not really their fault.”

This isn't the first time law enforcement has tackled little criminals. Reason has covered numerous regulation-dodging lemonade runners, one of which had cancer, and even a zucchini black marketeer.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#1072034 Jan 30, 2014
Nostrils Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Again? Look old retard... Take the text below, print it out and tape it up next you your pill reminders:
I don't need to as it is evident.
You said you were a "conservative".
You are a liar.
Any other questions, lying old fossil "liberal"?
still no proof, huh? why are you still running from your own words? what a coward you are...and a stupid one to boot. hard to bget any more pathetic than that, huh...no wonder you run from yourself....
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1072035 Jan 30, 2014
harmonious wrote:
This is liberalism:
$2 million dollars spent to defend the admitted murderer Jody Arias.
You must be so proud.
Drop in the bucket compared to the legal bills NJ residents will be stuck with defending fatso!
He's lawyered up!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1072036 Jan 30, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text> Well if he is in a coma then I will have to pull the plug-that's all. So why would health insurance help him get out of the coma? you are so stupid.
You are dumber than I thought. That's all I have to say

Minnesota's North Coast

#1072037 Jan 30, 2014
Nostrils Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
facts are fun!
Your words...
is that like your facts where you find "one" claim on "one single" liberal blog and post it as a fact?
Liar?
when have i ever done that?

just one more lie to add to the growing list you have to run from...

Prevented this

#1072038 Jan 30, 2014
Obama’s Brother Wears Kaffiyeh Declaring Muslims Will Destroy Israel -
- President Obama may not be his brother’s keeper, but he certainly has honored his half-brother Malik. When he married Michelle Robinson, his best man was Malik. And the president of the Barack H. Obama Foundation? None other than Malik. And that very foundation was fast-tracked to nonprofit status approval at the same time that Tea Party affiliates were being grilled on the content of their prayers.-

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/01/p...

Minnesota's North Coast

#1072039 Jan 30, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
dismissed
Dismiss - Merriam-Webster Online
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dismiss&am... ;
Merriam&#8209;Webster
to decide not to think about or consider (something or someone).: to send (someone) away : to cause or allow (someone) to leave.: to officially make (someone)...
yes you are dismissed. you can't even begin to talk intelligently on that subject.

i'm surprised you didn't blow an aneurism just typing the crap you parroted but couldn't understand...

but seriously, it would be funny for me if you tried to talk about this subject...c'mon, it'll be fun. this is a direct challenge to you...if you are man enough to accept it...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1072040 Jan 30, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
I have multiple degrees but don't need any of them to understand the word competition. Costco and Sam's Club have stores/gas stations almost directly across from each other where I live. They set the gas rate (competition) for the city and sell virtually the same brand name products in the same bulk quantities for competitive prices.
Are you really so stupid you don't define that as competition?
Costco and Sam's Club rarely locate near each other.....

and their gas prices may be low, but the net cost of gas after supermarket discounts may be lower...

Minnesota's North Coast

#1072041 Jan 30, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text> Well if he is in a coma then I will have to pull the plug-that's all. So why would health insurance help him get out of the coma? you are so stupid.
many people actually do come out of comas. but it takes lots of medical care that is very, very expensive...

you don't seem to know what you are talking about on this issue...why doesn't that surprise me?

can you even function in the real world being this stupid? do you live in some kind of "group home"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min Churchlady 183,853
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 30 min litesong 50,408
FOTUS Michelle Obama frowns while refusing to w... 59 min ChicagOpinion 1
Michelle Obama refuses to wear veil in Saudi Ar... 1 hr ChicagOpinion 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMerde 51,371
Toni Braxton's abortion 2 hr Rogue Scholar 05 1
A New Place For Talent...Australia 3 hr Shoutline 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr andet1987 98,986
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 am PST