Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1457843 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1072793 Feb 1, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Corporate welfare recipients??? Like special taxing districts? Billionaire Gary Morse, who hosted the Mitt Romney party on his Cayman Islands registered yacht Cracker Bay during the Republican Convention in Tampa knows all about CRA's and special taxing districts and who's palms to grease to get em done.
"A penny saved is a penny earned," so they say.
you mean all those evil corporation making all those jobs for you? sure pal...sure...

when you actually know how the real world works and who is driving this economy, you will thank those that busted their asses to earn the money they spread around every single month...

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1072794 Feb 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>we need to do something to get people to fund their own retirement...
My god, you're really desperate to talk to someone.

Dismissed Private Pyle

“you know i know”

denver

#1072795 Feb 1, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Corporate welfare recipients??? Like special taxing districts? Billionaire Gary Morse, who hosted the Mitt Romney party on his Cayman Islands registered yacht Cracker Bay during the Republican Convention in Tampa knows all about CRA's and special taxing districts and who's palms to grease to get em done.
"A penny saved is a penny earned," so they say.
uh huh, what about Jack "cayman islands" Lew, Barry's new controller from the jewish bankers cabal?

"Corporate Welfare" passed by both parties, for good reasons likely, a drop in the bucket compared to the $500 billion yearly in real welfare, producing nothing but slackers, moochers, layabouts, criminals, disintegrating families and ingrates.

“you know i know”

denver

#1072797 Feb 1, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because I don't agree with subsidizing investing doesn't mean I do not invest.
If you invest in the stock market, they you're likely buying stock from a previous stock owner.
To create a loophole where you take your salary as investment income, it is handing money to the wealthy.
Another of your legions of lies, investment money has already been taxed and will be taxed again, the only actual dollars leaving the treasury fo to welfare recipients.

Nice to hear you admit you rely on capitalists and Wall Street to make you money.

Why don't you just put it in your banks savings and get your whopping .75 % interest?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1072798 Feb 1, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
christie is out, jeb bush and his hispanic wife and kids are in, stop beating a dead horse, foolish one. No republican is going to pay for the governor of NJ, however all dems are going to pay for the abortion known as Obamakare and Barry's and Harry's crappy economy.
These 2 douchebags have done nothing for the economy, zero,squat, zip, nada.
Wise up/
from the experts at beating dead horses........

Bill O’Reilly comes to Chris Christie’s defense

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/01/chris-c...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1072799 Feb 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sh...forget the yachts. what about your normal $50,000, speed boat and the dock service and the storage and the maintenance of all that? the 10,000 lakes in Mn are lined with such boats and lake homes and it aint welfare recipients pumping out all that money into the economy every single month...
Don't have to tell me but you will never convince these blockheads.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1072800 Feb 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Salary?!? from walmart? the three people in each store that get a salary? most of the walmart employees are on public assistance!
do your own research, you might actually learn something about your world and quit making a fool of yourself with your posts...
When a moron like you makes an indefensible lie the typical response is "Do your own research.". That doesn't fly here. Cite your source or KMA.

St. Croix valley

#1072801 Feb 1, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
My god, you're really desperate to talk to someone.
Dismissed Private Pyle
you seem desperate to make a fool of yourself..
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1072802 Feb 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Salary?!? from walmart? the three people in each store that get a salary? most of the walmart employees are on public assistance!
do your own research, you might actually learn something about your world and quit making a fool of yourself with your posts...
The government subsidizes Walmart; through Medicaid and foodstamps. The employees probably buy everything they need or eat from Walmart.
If they cut foodstamps, this will directly affect Walmarts sales. Walmart is a welfare recipient.

Odd how so many people can't see that, or refuse too.

The wealthy are not shopping there. Ever go into one? I don't shop there, and refuse to patronize such a business, but, the odd time I have gone in there, you can't help but notice that the customers are poor young families, lots of old people.

Location hidden

#1072803 Feb 1, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
The rich and Wall Street have certainly benefited from Barry and the Feds hundreds of billions of dollars, who else has benefited?
you're a stooge.
This post illustrates how uniquely ignorant you right wing morons are. All the money you whine about benefiting the wealthy is protected by laws your Republican party guards with their political life.
You're a lemming.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1072804 Feb 1, 2014
Fox News’ greatest failure: Roger Ailes, Chris Christie and the quest for a Republican president

Fox honcho Roger Ailes started 2012 dreaming of a Christie presidency. By the end, his dreams had become nightmares

http://www.salon.com/2014/01/15/fox_news_grea...

it's also a great story about how FOX failed to knock Obama out of the WH in 2012. though a one word synopsis would be 'delusion'.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1072805 Feb 1, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Don't have to tell me but you will never convince these blockheads.
Says the guy who goes to Wallyworld daily
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1072806 Feb 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
Most means one more than 50% and I've never seen any statistical proof that didn't include WalMarts part timers who qualify for Social Security MediCare etc. One can easily google what typical WalMart and SuperWalmart managers make but the are many assistant managers in the Superstores__one for pet and animal food and accessories, HBA, pharmacy, etc. In some areas, such as mine, sporting goods (fishing-guns-ammo) managers are paid well.

St. Croix valley

#1072807 Feb 1, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Don't have to tell me but you will never convince these blockheads.
if they had aver actually run their own business, they might realize who it was that was paying their mortage, sending their kids to college and paying for their retirement...their customers, and it 'soytenly' ain't welfare check recipients....

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1072808 Feb 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sh...forget the yachts. what about your normal $50,000, speed boat and the dock service and the storage and the maintenance of all that? the 10,000 lakes in Mn are lined with such boats and lake homes and it aint welfare recipients pumping out all that money into the economy every single month...
I live just off the Chesapeake Bay and the inter coastal waterway. The parade of yachts that comes by every spring and fall drives the libtards around here nuts.They are spending billions building high rise bridges and tunnels to keep the traffic flowing. Almost all paid with tolls. No toll booths however. If you don't have easy pass they take a picture of your licence plate and mail you a bill in the mail.

St. Croix valley

#1072809 Feb 1, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
The government subsidizes Walmart; through Medicaid and foodstamps. The employees probably buy everything they need or eat from Walmart.
If they cut foodstamps, this will directly affect Walmarts sales. Walmart is a welfare recipient.
Odd how so many people can't see that, or refuse too.
The wealthy are not shopping there. Ever go into one? I don't shop there, and refuse to patronize such a business, but, the odd time I have gone in there, you can't help but notice that the customers are poor young families, lots of old people.
thapving my point for me...shopping at walmart. like so many welfare money recipients do. does not stimulate the local economy...

Location hidden

#1072810 Feb 1, 2014
We may have finally found something to agree on, Woodtick57 is lost in space.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1072811 Feb 1, 2014
If the rapper The Game has his way, he will "beat the f**k out of" George Zimmerman in the ring come March, TMZ is reporting.

Zimmerman, 30, has officially agreed to participate in a March 1 celebrity-boxing match, though the final decision as to whom will be his opponent remains to be decided and is up to the match’s promoter Damon Feldman. He plans to donate any earnings from the boxing match to charity, according to ABC Action News.

The Game, however, is hoping to fight for a different cause. He's eager to show Zimmerman that altercations can be dealt with sans weapons.

"I would not be boxing for me. I'd be boxing for the legacy of Trayvon Martin and for his family," the rapper, who is 6'5", 240lbs, told TMZ. "I will beat the f**k out of him."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/31/zimm...

i'll pay to see that.

St. Croix valley

#1072812 Feb 1, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Most means one more than 50% and I've never seen any statistical proof that didn't include WalMarts part timers who qualify for Social Security MediCare etc. One can easily google what typical WalMart and SuperWalmart managers make but the are many assistant managers in the Superstores__one for pet and animal food and accessories, HBA, pharmacy, etc. In some areas, such as mine, sporting goods (fishing-guns-ammo) managers are paid well.
Ok...so my comment was a tad hyperbolic...how many salaried people are at your local Wallyworld?

how many are part timers and how many are getting public assistance?

i;m outta here for a while,,, look forward to your research findings. it think they will open your eyes.

then check how much of the stores profits go into your local economy...that will REALLY open your eyes...
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1072813 Feb 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you mean all those evil corporation making all those jobs for you? sure pal...sure...
when you actually know how the real world works and who is driving this economy, you will thank those that busted their asses to earn the money they spread around every single month...
You mean those like myself with rental properties and commercial RE interests?

If I'm not mistaking the subject was taxes and who pays them The answer is, everyone pays taxes of some kind. And some among the nations working poor pay a far higher % of their incomes on the various taxes and government fees than do the wealthiest Americans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min Steve 230,940
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr John Schanahan 104,504
Word (Dec '08) 7 hr PEllen 6,836
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 7 hr PEllen 3,443
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 hr PEllen 9,839
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 7 hr PEllen 2,272
Why does Chicago want to harbor illegal criminals 8 hr ThomasA 10

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages