Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1582561 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1072821 Feb 1, 2014

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1072822 Feb 1, 2014
1 7oz. bag Nacho Cheese Doritos, crushed 1 lb. hamburger, browned 1 pkg. taco seasoning, mixed according to directions 1 (8 oz.) pkg. shredded Cheddar cheese 1 (8 oz.) pkg. shredded Mozzarella cheese Shredded Lettuce Sliced tomato Layer ingredients in 9 x 13 pan as listed - crushed chips, meat and seasonings, 2/3 of cheese, lettuce, tomato, and remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1072823 Feb 1, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Or register their yachts there.
only John Kerry, pal....

Location hidden

#1072824 Feb 1, 2014
Obama's Keystone XL Pipeline Dilemma: Running Out Of Reasons To Say No

Obama should approve the damned thing!!

Maybe he's waiting for election season to approve it and get a bump for Democrats.

Maybe it will be his October surprise.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1072825 Feb 1, 2014
harmonious wrote:
Barry's My RA, stupid, half baked scheme to get Americans to buy treasury bonds and finance his massive deficit spending, like you can't just go buy treasury bonds on your own.
This is what passes for progress in this idiots mind.
Fail
if this wasn't a government program, the government would trash it as consumer fraud.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1072826 Feb 1, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because I don't agree with subsidizing investing doesn't mean I do not invest.
If you invest in the stock market, they you're likely buying stock from a previous stock owner.
To create a loophole where you take your salary as investment income, it is handing money to the wealthy.
you are really more clueless than anybody could have imagined.....
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1072827 Feb 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Ok...so my comment was a tad hyperbolic...how many salaried people are at your local Wallyworld?
how many are part timers and how many are getting public assistance?
i;m outta here for a while,,, look forward to your research findings. it think they will open your eyes.
then check how much of the stores profits go into your local economy...that will REALLY open your eyes...
There are easily 30 Wallyworlds and several Sams clubs within a half hours drive from my home. Research? WTF is that? I am however an inquisitive sort so when you posted a link to your Brainard JayCee's ice fishing tourney I clicked on and looked it over real well. Then I checked out your local C.o.C. to learn that you all have a new director that some of the local folk are suspicious of. Hah__just like down here. Of course there are probably 30 C.o.C's within a half hours drive from my home.

At the risk of having fun with words $8.00 per hour is a salary correct? I'm left thinking that all the employee's are salaried__can't think of any that would be on straight commission except perhaps the optometrist.

Should add that my part of the state is a 24/7/365 sort of place.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1072828 Feb 1, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
only John Kerry, pal....
Kerry's yacht is registered and docked in the US. Not sure it's American made though__you seem an expert on the subject__tell me a story.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1072830 Feb 1, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be on illegal drugs, probably meth. The ACA is going to sink the dems.
Tell us meth head where are the doctors going to come from for the 30-40 million newly "insured" going to come from?
Is your own doctor just sitting there playing solitaire waiting for the phone to ring?
Or do you have to wait a week to get in to see him?
Obamakare is an unworkable disaster, billions already wasted, wise up
two people call a doctor's office for an appointment...one has real insurance and the other has ObamaKKKare....

the doctor has one available appointment...

guess what???...

Location hidden

#1072831 Feb 1, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
The government subsidizes Walmart; through Medicaid and foodstamps. The employees probably buy everything they need or eat from Walmart.
If they cut foodstamps, this will directly affect Walmarts sales. Walmart is a welfare recipient.
Odd how so many people can't see that, or refuse too.
The wealthy are not shopping there. Ever go into one? I don't shop there, and refuse to patronize such a business, but, the odd time I have gone in there, you can't help but notice that the customers are poor young families, lots of old people.
Me too. I can't bear shopping at WalMart. Or Dollar Stores.

It makes me feel like there's a whole section of America that we've resigned to living substandard lives so rich aholes like this Perkins moron who compares attacks on the wealthy to Hitler's treatment of the Jews.

----------

>>>>>The Wall Street Journal's editorial page has come out swinging in defense of Tom Perkins, the 82-year-old venture capitalist who compared what he called the persecution of the rich in America to the persecution of the Jews in Nazi Germany.

Perkins, who co-founded the firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers in the 1970s, made his explosive comments in a letter to the WSJ over the weekend. "I would call attention to the parallels of fascist Nazi Germany to its war on its 'one percent,' namely its Jews, to the progressive war on the American one percent, namely the 'rich,' " he wrote.<<<<<

----------

The asshat has it exactly bass ackwards. We treat the poor like Hitler treated the Jews.

Every human who works is entitled to a living wage. I don't care if you're a parking lot attendant, security guard, warehouse worker, whatever.

Human dignity demands that people be treated with respect, not as pawns or labor units without dignity.

All religions agree on this point.

Any person who works hard, and many low wage jobs are really hard work. Every worker deserves to earn enough to survive without Gov't help.

Our whole system is completely out of whack. This happened in the 1930's, and saw an increase in the appeal of communism. If FDR hadn't handled the Depression properly,there might have been a revolution in America. You can only push the poor so far. This has been shown over and over in history.

Marie Antionette learned that lesson the hard way.

Location hidden

#1072832 Feb 1, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the middle class will pun ish the DemoKKKrats in 2014 for screwin g them with ObamaKKKare....
Repugnant Governors like Rick Scott will be thrown out of office for turning down Obamacare.

Obamacare will ensure Democrats take the House this year.

Location hidden

#1072833 Feb 1, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>There are easily 30 Wallyworlds and several Sams clubs within a half hours drive from my home. Research? WTF is that? I am however an inquisitive sort so when you posted a link to your Brainard JayCee's ice fishing tourney I clicked on and looked it over real well. Then I checked out your local C.o.C. to learn that you all have a new director that some of the local folk are suspicious of. Hah__just like down here. Of course there are probably 30 C.o.C's within a half hours drive from my home.
At the risk of having fun with words $8.00 per hour is a salary correct? I'm left thinking that all the employee's are salaried__can't think of any that would be on straight commission except perhaps the optometrist.
Nice work.

Woodtick doesn't use hyperbole, he downright talks thru his ass, like the rest of the 'conservatives'.

At least he's not a Teabagger.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1072834 Feb 1, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Shopping in local stores, stimulates the economy. I don't see a great advantage in buying an imported durable good at Walmart.
many of the people working in your "local stores" are family members working for less than minimum wage, paid in cash, with no taxes paid....

Location hidden

#1072835 Feb 1, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
two people call a doctor's office for an appointment...one has real insurance and the other has ObamaKKKare....
the doctor has one available appointment...
guess what???...
Obamacare is real insurance,so that person will get the appointment.

The other person will get one, too.

You're especially stupid and angry today, aren't you Nobraina??
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1072836 Feb 1, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
from the experts at beating dead horses........
Bill O’Reilly comes to Chris Christie’s defense
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/01/chris-c...
two RINOs...so what???...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1072837 Feb 1, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>There are easily 30 Wallyworlds and several Sams clubs within a half hours drive from my home. Research? WTF is that? I am however an inquisitive sort so when you posted a link to your Brainard JayCee's ice fishing tourney I clicked on and looked it over real well. Then I checked out your local C.o.C. to learn that you all have a new director that some of the local folk are suspicious of. Hah__just like down here. Of course there are probably 30 C.o.C's within a half hours drive from my home.
people paid on an hourly basis are not "salaried", so the discussion is silly....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1072838 Feb 1, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Kerry's yacht is registered and docked in the US. Not sure it's American made though__you seem an expert on the subject__tell me a story.
in Rhode Island, to avoid Massachusetts taxes...and for no other reason....
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1072839 Feb 1, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Woody appears smart about most things, but he fals into the same nitwit trap that his handlers have trained him for.
Keep repeating ad nauseum how the wealthy pay most of the taxes collected.
Which is true but largely besides the point, though he will deny it.
As you said, the poorer Americans pay a higher % of their total income in taxes. Even those who do not pay payroll taxes.
Rich folks can hide much of their income. Poor folks can't.
I'm an investor. I can shield much of my investment income, most is in tax deferred acc'ts (IRA, 401K). Even my taxable income is protected, I invest in things like MLP's, which protect about 80% of the income from taxation.
Example: I made a small fortune on Facebook in 2013, sold half my holdings at over 100% profit. Won't pay a dime in taxes on any of the profits.
This leaves me only paying taxes on my salary income, not exposing my investing income to taxation saves me thousands in taxes each year.
For the truly wealthy, they protect far more of their assets, because they have access to the best tax attorneys, tax shelters, tax favored investments.
Woodtick is basically full of shit on this issue.
Does prove he is a conservative, he buys into the Repugnant favoring extreme wealth.
If the guy's not lying, he lives 29 miles past WBFE where it's so frikken cold during winter that much of the commerce drops by half. My brother lived in Marquette MI after retiring from the Air Force__the weather makes those sorts of places different__very different.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1072840 Feb 1, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>There are easily 30 Wallyworlds and several Sams clubs within a half hours drive from my home..
extremely dubious......prove it....

Location hidden

#1072841 Feb 1, 2014
Emeem wrote:
We may have finally found something to agree on, Woodtick57 is lost in space.
No. Overall, he's a rational conservative. You expect him to agree with you on everything?? He's already said he's a conservative.

He's not even on the same plane as the Nobraina and Flake sort of dumbasses here, much less Dweeb or Carol or Waxman or forks_.

Give it a rest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OVERALL CDST of electric autos. 25 min Bad COP No dognut 22
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr SweLL GirL 11,176
How do people of your city feel about President... 9 hr ThomasA 4
News Uber driver accused of locking female rider ins... 10 hr the real thomas 123 1
Murder rate 11 hr Crazzy 2
TRUTH will be revealed, someday, maybe. 16 hr MuslimsResponsible 43
The Party of Racism. 18 hr Its The Democrats 3

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages