Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1480907 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1072420 Jan 31, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes. Pawlenty..one of the few real conservatives left in the GOP and you fools tossed him aside like you did Huntsmen....
the current iteration of the GOP is running headlong over the far right wing cliffs of insanity...
I thought John Huntsman was one who could have won Democratic votes. But he wasn't far right enough. The Teaparty faction of the Republican party is ruining any chances of winning the White House for a long time to come.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1072421 Jan 31, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"...the average american isn't even close to the top in the world's intellectual strata..."
This means that you are a below-average American.
no, i am clearly above average intelligence. between the two of us intelligence wise...you don't even seem to be the same species as me...

kind of like an ant i might step on and not even notice...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1072422 Jan 31, 2014
Social Science....

GSS survey On Affirmative Action....

"The National Data Program for the Social Sciences has been conducted since 1972 by NORC, A Social Science Research Center at the University of Chicago, with the support of the National Science Foundation."

http://www3.norc.org/GSS+Website/About+GSS/Na...

QUESTION:
'What do you think the chances are these days that a white person won't get a job or promotion while an equally or less qualified black person gets one instead?"

In 1990
RESULTS: "slightly over 40 percent" of whites answered "somewhat likely"

in 2008
RESULTS: "one in five" whites answered "VERY LIKELY"

Marsden, P.(2012). "Social Trends in American Life: Findings From the General Social Survey." Princeton Press : New Jersey. pg 54
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1072425 Jan 31, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox Falls For Tabloid "Science"
Fox News is promoting a report from a British tabloid to claim that new data shows "Global Warming [Is] Over." But the agency that released the data explained that the tabloid report is "misleading" because it is based on a short-term period that obscures the long-term upward trend in global temperatures.
http://mediamatters.org/research/2012/10/15/f...
no they don't.
FOX News? FOX should be taken to task for calling the sht it serves news. Today the focus there is ObamaCare, Keystone with a sprinkle of cruise ship slamming.

It's political entertainment according to former FOX superstar Glenn Beck, designed to pleasure fragile, elderly, white men.

"Who then drag the sht to comment boards everywhere as though it was gospel." LMAO

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1072429 Jan 31, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
Ho Hum - the new weekly Democrat fascist activity from MSNBC - Ministry of leftwing propaganda.
Liberal fascism & intolerance rears its ugly head again at MSNBC!
Democrats pull race card yet again!
"MSNBC has fired the employee who sent out a controversial Tweet involving a Cheerios commercial that features a biracial family."
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/ms...
Self loathing whites always amaze me. I guess their stupidity, ignorance and indoctrination is irreversible.

“you know i know”

denver

#1072430 Jan 31, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
It only took 5 years! If the economy was so good, why are they extending unemployment still after all these years?
"Economy Is Expanding, but Obama’s Legacy May Be Slipping Away"
But even if 2014 turns out to be what the president called a “breakout year” in his State of the Union address Tuesday, the country will still have a lot of catching up to do before the gains recorded under Mr. Obama match those of his two predecessors in the White House.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/31/business/us...
Don't break out the champagne just yet, looney toon.
Economy soars!

Still no jobs!

90 million still out of work!

B. Hussein still has no clue!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1072432 Jan 31, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbass Galt thinks the CBO didn't count the additions to Medicaid that were spelled out in the ACA.
Galt is reasonably certain that the CBO deliberately underestimated the costs of expanded Medicaid, just as they fudged all the other data in order to justify ObamaKKKare.....
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1072433 Jan 31, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone of these tea bag nuts on topix will be dead before another republican holds the White House.
Carol will leave her collection of 8 years of I Hate President Obama posts to her daughter in her will. In the cupboard above the fridge in the new trailer.

“you know i know”

denver

#1072434 Jan 31, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
... idiots.
Decrees and edicts from the President aren't laws, you moron.
How about I teach you some basics about the United States of America. We can start here:
http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html
Let me sum it up for you.
The President can't write his own laws.
So, why do you want to destroy the constitutional republic and replace it with a dictatorship where the president can rule subjects with decrees and edicts?
Because he claims to be a conservative?[snicker]
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1072435 Jan 31, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought John Huntsman was one who could have won Democratic votes. But he wasn't far right enough. The Teaparty faction of the Republican party is ruining any chances of winning the White House for a long time to come.
So is your Vodka party faction.

“you know i know”

denver

#1072437 Jan 31, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The ACA is fully funded.
Why couldn't Part D be?
What is funnier than sh*t is that it is you " OMG OMG the Debt the debt" people today that were the same ones saying "debt doesn't matter" when Bush was spending money.
It makes you all jokes.
Fully funded? Hilarious, who writes your material? Oh ya, B. Hussein, the liar in chief writes it, you regurgitate it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1072438 Jan 31, 2014
<quoted text>
You're so damn dumb; that you're stupid.
Most Floridians come from other states. My daughter is graduation from U of F.
A school that is very hard to get into.
Now, gfy.
yes, we know that you Bocajews are from NYC....

University of Florida is a joke...except as a football factory...

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1072439 Jan 31, 2014
Another bogus Obamacare story: The GOP's 'Bette'

The centerpiece of the Republican party's attack on the Affordable Care Act following President Obama's State of the Union address this week was the story of "Bette."

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1072440 Jan 31, 2014
At the beginning of this week, three GOP senators unveiled their alternative to Obamacare — a set of conservative policies that would essentially dismantle the health law’s core consumer protections, and give insurers an opening to deny coverage to people with pre-existing health conditions. And on Thursday, in an interview with one of the primary architects of the proposal, Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT), MSNBC host Chuck Todd exposed another consequence of the GOP measure. It would actually serve to raise premiums for vulnerable Americans, like elderly people with debilitating health issues.
The Republican proposal promises to allow younger Americans to pay lower premiums for their health plans, and loosens some of the regulations that prevent insurance companies from setting their rates based on factors like health or gender. Todd pointed out that could ultimately result in older people, particularly those who are dealing with the health consequences of aging, paying much more for their care.
Hatch didn’t dispute that, acknowledging that “somebody has to pay for these things”:
http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/01/30/32...
imagine that....an approach that charges premiums in according with risk......

“you know i know”

denver

#1072441 Jan 31, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The ACA is fully funded.
Why couldn't Part D be?
What is funnier than sh*t is that it is you " OMG OMG the Debt the debt" people today that were the same ones saying "debt doesn't matter" when Bush was spending money.
It makes you all jokes.
BTW, as usual you didn't answer, when has a lack of funding ever stopped the dems? Barry Bumbles and Harry Douchebag have spent TRILLIONS we didn't have.

2007 FY Budget Deficit $161 Billion
2008 FY Budget Deficit $455 Billion <---- Democrats control Congress
2009 FY Budget Deficit $1.4 Trillion
2010 FY Budget Deficit $1.3 Trillion
2011 FY Budget Deficit $1.6 Trillion
2012 FY budget deficit $1.3 trillion
2013 est. deficit $680 billion
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1072442 Jan 31, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>And it's day after day of the same made up nonsense with these home bound tea party stooges.
Now there's a national TV commercial featuring an ugly blond lady who also got screwed over by ObamaCare for, what else,$6,000 but I wasn't able to see who actually sponsored the ad.
middle class voters are being screwed by ObamaKKKare and will punish you scumbag DemoKKKrats in November....

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1072443 Jan 31, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Self loathing whites always amaze me. I guess their stupidity, ignorance and indoctrination is irreversible.
who in this story is a self-loathing white?

people as ignorant as you amaze me. i point out the ignorance of your posts, and your life, day after day and yet you still show your embarrasses face here...you seem to have no shame about how stupid you are...
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1072444 Jan 31, 2014
<quoted text>
He was a great candidate__would have been a shtty POTUS though IMO. Kinda like Mitt, he's just another good looking Mormon born to wealth.

His daughter Abby (MSNBC) is a knockout!

“you know i know”

denver

#1072445 Jan 31, 2014
Ish Tov wrote:
Anyone still supporting rightists connedservative Reaganomics idiotic policies should be committed to a mental health facility.
The middle class in tatters, wages so low people working fulltime are still on govt aid, jobs outsourced, weak unions, no worker rights... the U$A has been made by Republicans a craphole, a 2nd-tier society, inferior in every way but militarily to every other developed nation.
It's time to start breaking some teacups...
How about "anyone who votes to give one dime to Israel should be hung as a traitor?"
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1072447 Jan 31, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Racst f*ck says the only way a man could possibly graduate from Harvard Law is through Affirmative Action.
the only way for Obama to be admitted to Harvard Law was through affirmative action....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 234,182
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr They cannot kill ... 3,533
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr They cannot kill ... 10,077
last post wins! (Dec '10) 2 hr They cannot kill ... 2,900
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 2,167
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Kevin is Leery - CA 62,935
FRIDAY 1/20/17 PRESIDENT TRUMP. Democrap Tota... 3 hr truth 5
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 hr Clinton Knows Best 104,718

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages