Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1417143 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1071687 Jan 30, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
Fox News contributor busted again for pushing fake story about persecution of Christians
Todd Starnes helped promote a story about a California first-grader who allegedly was not allowed to give a one-minute presentation about her family’s Christmas tradition because it included religious references.
As Right Wing Watch has reported, this is not the first time Starnes has been caught pushing poorly sourced stories claiming religious discrimination
The teacher denies telling the girl to sit down, instead allowing her to take one question from another student.
“At no time did I ever tell the student that she could not read the bottom section [of her statement] because it was a Bible verse nor did she ask if she could finish,” said teacher Tammy Williams.“I never told her to ‘Stop right there!’ or ‘Go take your seat!’ or reprimand her in front of the class for sharing from the Bible. It just did not happen.”
Paradise said she met with the following day with the girl’s parents, who were upset because they thought she was unable to finish her presentation because of its biblical content.
The principal said neither parent claimed bullying or humiliation by teachers, which she said was made up by the religious legal group, and she has not heard from the parents since presenting her findings about the incident Dec. 24 to the school board.
Paradise said she stood behind the teacher, and both she and Williams complained that Tyler and his group had misrepresented the incident and damaged their reputations.
What saddens me is that this story was twisted into lies and brought to the media,” Williams said.“I have never sat down and discussed this directly with the family or the student. I am instead being used to push an agenda for the Advocates for Faith and Freedom.”
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/29/fox-new...
not surprising that people who proven lies have to lie to support their cult...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1071688 Jan 30, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you seem to be seriously threatened by democrats. why are you so scared of them?
I am a classically trained Social Scientist...

Marxist by definition....heheheheheh! I have even been to Karls house in Trier back in 1999...

http://www.fes.de/marx/

I fear idiots....and the US is chock full of them....

St. Croix valley

#1071689 Jan 30, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>92% of black teenagers in Chicago are unemployed. 83% Nationwide. An O'bama presidency sure has been kind to the blacks.
http://www.blackyouthproject.com/2014/01/92-o...
and that has what to do with the economy and how much to do a changing nationwide view of teenagers working while in school?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1071690 Jan 30, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You see? I said he wouldn't get it!!!
Galt thought about explaining the comment to dumbass Dave, but what's the point???...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1071691 Jan 30, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
Liberals hate pipelines. They prefer that people freeze.
Obama would rather bypass our overly abundant natural resources and spend millions on his pie-in-the-sky idea of windmills and solar panels providing enough energy to sustain a nation of this size. Windmills can't even get off the ground to provide enough energy for Massachusetts - which is a very small state.

Obama couldn't even succeed investing taxpayer money into Solyndra because solar panels are too costly but, yet, he still doesn't get it.

It's just too hard to believe we have such a detached and uninformed president making these kinds of decisions from the same ivory tower with the same envisioned utopia in these crucial times. What's even harder to believe is this country elected him again.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1071693 Jan 30, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> yes my friend on that site was very clever. far, far smarter than i.
Of course he is, you're a woodtick, my cat is smarter than you. Wait! I didn't mean, I couldn't stop myself. I apologize.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1071694 Jan 30, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
OK, I talked to the first person I know personally that just got Obamacare.
- Didn't get insurance card until 1/21 (basically uninsured for 3 weeks)
- Told his doctor still in network
- Went to doctor and then told out of network
- needs to pay out of pocket $3,000 before coverage starts
- misled completely
- he said he will never vote Democrat again
Obviously this person had never been insured before. All plans have deductibles; he's an idiot.
This is also a case for single payer healthcare and elimination of insurance companies. That dummy should realize that it is the insurance companies that are gouging their customers; not the President. Why are people so stupid?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1071695 Jan 30, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
in the current environment, all government statistics are bogus political manipulation....
I felt that way during the Reagan years and again during the Bush debacle.
M Stein

Jamaica, NY

#1071696 Jan 30, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
tell us of some of the charities you donate to?
show us this compassion you speak of...
we know you have a big mouth....
how big is your wallet...
I'll bet the same libs...:

have double bolt locks on their doors and windows and
alarm systems on their homes
because THEY want to control who comes into their home and how long they will stay
and whether they are safe or have contagious diseases. And don't want a bunch of freeloaders permanently crashing at their house, even if occaisionally they offer to wash a dish or vacuum for lower pay.

But they object to the same being done to our country's borders.

A border is a border. The day the Obama's share their home with millions of illegals, is the day I'll approve of amnesty.
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#1071697 Jan 30, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so s/he is ungrateful that others are paying for any health care at all? obviously if he is on the exchanges, as you stated, she didnt have coverage before. so your BS about having a doctor before is just crap...
it is funny watching the stupid attempt to lie, you aren't smart enough to concoct a story that stands up to logical inspection.
Once again inserting your own delusions as facts in an attempt to support your views. Not all that have had to enroll on the exchanges were without insurance prior to enrolling. Many had their insurance cancelled because it did not meet the requirements of Obamacare.

To use your own words:

"you aren't smart enough to concoct a story that stands up to logical inspection."
M Stein

Jamaica, NY

#1071698 Jan 30, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not surprising that people who proven lies have to lie to support their cult...
Love the laundry list of "lies," that offend you.

When are you going to tackle the many lies in Obama's two "autobiographies?"

Or the gazillion other lies by him and his Chicago-style anti-American regime?

St. Croix valley

#1071699 Jan 30, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Marxist by definition....heheheheheh! I have even been to Karls house in Trier back in 1999...
i'm sorry...what does 'classically trained" mean in the social sciences?

(outside of you obviously bullshitting about it,as you clearly don't know anything about it...)

it's fun watching you make an ass of yourself with your bullshit..
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1071700 Jan 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you're so full of shit.
"the main problem with the slogan "equal pay for equal work" is the inability to define "equal work".... "
as a simple example for a simpleton like you, the checkout personnel at Costco work much harder (faster) than the checkout personnel at Walmart, ring up more value per hour, and earn more money for the company...hence are worth a higher salary...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1071701 Jan 30, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>92% of black teenagers in Chicago are unemployed. 83% Nationwide. An O'bama presidency sure has been kind to the blacks.
http://www.blackyouthproject.com/2014/01/92-o...
The White Ghetto

....This isn’t the Kentucky of Elmore Leonard’s imagination, and there is nothing romantic about it. These are no sons and daughters of Andrew Jackson, no fiercely independent remnants of the old America clinging to their homes and their traditional ways. Having once been downwind of a plate of biscuits and squirrel gravy does not make you Daniel Boone. This is not the land of moonshine and hill lore, but that of families of four clutching $40 worth of lotto scratchers and crushing the springs on their beaten-down Camry while getting dinner from a Phillips 66 station.

This is about “the draw.”

“The draw,” the monthly welfare checks that supplement dependents’ earnings in the black-market Pepsi economy, is poison. It’s a potent enough poison to catch the attention even of such people as those who write for the New York Times. Nicholas Kristof, visiting nearby Jackson, Ky., last year, was shocked by parents who were taking their children out of literacy classes because the possibility of improved academic performance would threaten $700-a-month Social Security disability benefits, which increasingly are paid out for nebulous afflictions such as loosely defined learning disorders.“This is painful for a liberal to admit,” Kristof wrote,“but conservatives have a point when they suggest that America’s safety net can sometimes entangle people in a soul-crushing dependency.”

There is much here to confound conservatives, too. Jim DeMint likes to say that marriage is our best anti-poverty program, and he also has a point. But a 2004 study found that the majority of impoverished households in Appalachia were headed by married couples, not single mothers.

....“The government gives people checks, but nobody teaches them how to live,” says Teresa Barrett, a former high-school principal who now publishes the Owsley County newspaper.“You have people on the draw getting $3,000 a month, and they still can’t live. When I was at the school, we’d see kids come in from a long weekend just starved to death. But you’ll see those parents at the grocery store with their 15 cases of Pepsi, and that’s all they’ve got in the buggy — you know what they’re doing. Everybody knows, nobody does anything. And when you have that many people on the draw, that’s a big majority of voters.”

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/367903/...

and just like Galt keeps telling us...those people need to get a job. never mind that the GOP cares that there are none, they need to get up off of their fat white asses and start contributing to society. i'm sick and tired of paying taxes so some guy can own a "$50,000 Ram pickup truck with an exterior as shiny as a silver ingot and a camouflage interior, the usefulness of which is non-obvious" while he's on the draw.

though i will say the crime rate isn't that bad. though probably has something to do with most being stoned on oxy all the time.

St. Croix valley

#1071702 Jan 30, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
being a "classically trained social scientist" it must really piss you off when people ask for a medium latte instead of a 'grande' huh?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1071703 Jan 30, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this mean you took a pill? "kinder, gentler nation"? from you? the most hateful person on here? Oh this is rich.
It's not hatred, Lily. It's anger, frustration and sadness. My fellow Americans elected a shallow politician and inexperienced leader to be our president in these crucial times not once but twice. Hillary would have been a better choice.

But hatred? That's your reaction to my grief and fighting as hard as I can to restore some common sense in my little corner of the world.

Your hatred stems from intolerance towards anyone who doesn't love your prom king crush as much as you do. So it's people like you who have made me angry, sad and frustrated. But I don't hate you. You only hate me.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1071704 Jan 30, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>a few years ago there was a letter circulating around the net about the red states divorcing the blue states.(funny how a map of those states looked just like the civil war secession...but that's another story...)
anyhoo, a guy i blogged with at the time put together a list of GDP for the blue states vs the red states and federal tax dollars produced by the two and such things.
it seems if they did divorce, the blue states would get the house, the kids, the cabin, the boat and the dog, and the red states would have to rent a room above the garage of their second cousin...
that is a candidate for post of the year.

St. Croix valley

#1071705 Jan 30, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama would rather bypass our overly abundant natural resources and spend millions on his pie-in-the-sky idea of windmills and solar panels providing enough energy to sustain a nation of this size. Windmills can't even get off the ground to provide enough energy for Massachusetts - which is a very small state.
Obama couldn't even succeed investing taxpayer money into Solyndra because solar panels are too costly but, yet, he still doesn't get it.
It's just too hard to believe we have such a detached and uninformed president making these kinds of decisions from the same ivory tower with the same envisioned utopia in these crucial times. What's even harder to believe is this country elected him again.
solar power works just fine for supplying all the electrical power for my winter house...my neighbor uses just wind.

so sad you are stuck in the last century....

so who is it that is detached? seems to be you.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1071706 Jan 30, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not surprising that people who proven lies have to lie to support their cult...
Oh yes, these stories of supposed Christian religious persecution go viral pretty quickly; all of them get the emails and it goes wild. Most of the stories are so far fetched, most sensible people would find them hard to believe. But, they want to advance their agenda against public education and want to infiltrate public schools with religious indoctrination.
They are no different than the Muslims.
If you want your child to go to parochial school, you can send them there and pay for it.
Hence, their additional quest for vouchers, because they want the state to pay for their private parochial schools.
It's sick.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1071707 Jan 30, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
His name is President Obama; and you are a disrespectful person. You think it's cute, but it only makes you look bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Jacques in Orlean... 222,228
last post wins! (Dec '10) 42 min They cannot kill ... 2,403
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 1,924
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 6,684
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 3,017
News Former Mayor Daley responds to question about C... 3 hr grounded in reality 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr OzRitz 60,991
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Go Blue Forever 103,417

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages