Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1581751 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1072002 Jan 30, 2014
GOP R Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
GOP loses and FOX wins!!!!
winning by losing.

literally. check the ratings pre-Obama,

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1072003 Jan 30, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
Record-low ratings for Obama's State of the Union address:
http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2014/01/r...
I wondered why they weren't passing out Pom Pom's and mini-skirtsto the Democrats that night.
Lcn

United States

#1072004 Jan 30, 2014
GOP R Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Holder is no Alberto Gonzales....you seem confused.
Troll for shutting down the government seems often confused

NASHVILLE — President Obama sought on Thursday to comfort a high school community devastated by the death of a 15-year-old student who was killed with a handgun less than 48 hours before the president’s arrival here.

Calling the shooting “heartbreaking,” Mr. Obama urged teachers, parents and students at the school, McGavock High, to “keep being there for each other” in the weeks and months ahead.“Some of you lost a good friend, so I wanted you to know that Michelle and I have been praying for all of you,” he said.

Mr. Obama, who made gun control a priority last year, did not mention the issue in his formal speech, instead moving on to his planned comments about education. Aides said he met privately before his speech with the family of the student who was killed, Kevin Barbee, a sophomore.

Kevin was shot to death in an apartment on Tuesday night, about an hour before Mr. Obama delivered his State of the Union address in Washington. The police arrested a friend and classmate, Kaemon Robinson, 17, and charged him with criminal homicide hours later. According to local news reports, Kaemon was playing with the pistol when it went off, striking Kevin in the face. Kaemon’s lawyer was quoted as saying that Kaemon did not know the gun was loaded.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1072005 Jan 30, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
You're obsessed with Fox, that shows me you find them relevant.
seems i was replying to a post that was a bit more than obsessive. and after seeing the average age of the FOX viewer i'm sure my 'obsession' will wear off in the next 5 years.

Lapeer, MI

#1072006 Jan 30, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
How many solar panels and windmills would it take to supply enough energy to New York? Or Los Vegas? Or Hollywood? Or Miami? That's just four cities in just four states..
Where would you put that many windmills? And how much would that many solar panels cost? In just those four cities?
How do those statistics go again....?????

It would take nine tenths of the U.S. land mass full of solar panels to supply the energy needs of the remaining one tenth?

And that's not to mention the storage facilities needed to still supply at night.

woodtick is full of it.

...and I don't mean solar energy, either:)

Lapeer, MI

#1072007 Jan 30, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democrat way!
harmonious wrote:

Good for him. a single female parent is the surest way for a child to grow up a criminal and poor.

The Democrat way!

Like the one inside the Oval Office.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1072008 Jan 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so you're another who thinks FOX has some relevance beyond being a Republican propaganda channel?
still waiting for someone to show me something that says otherwise. i would think after all the BS that they threw out in the run up to the 2012 election that failed to get any traction it would be a big enough clue that you FOXbots would quit trying to defend the infotainers.
FOX is not journalism. FOX is emphatic assertion based solely on opinion. someone who thinks that everything that rolls out of the mouth of a FOX talking head is undeniable truth is going to very disappointed when the prognostications of said heads fall flat on their face. but as a mentioned....you should already be there.
btw...only.4.6% of the republicans who voted for Romney watch FOX. i will not be impressed with a rundown of their ratings. far from it.
"sonic"
Not impressed? I doubt it. Pissed off because Fox News dominates? For sure. I realize you like BS better than facts a few numbers to upset you, the numbers from 1/29/14;
- Coverage of nobama's State of the Union Address - Fox more than competition combined
- Total prime time, FOX News more than twice total competition
Peace
KMA

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1072009 Jan 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Fox Apologizes for Poll Asking Whether Jews Killed Jesus Christ
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2011/12/...
very classy.
"sonic"
Kinda like hilarious clinton, throwing up her hands hen referring to Benghazi, get over it, it is done, 4 American's are dead. Of course she never apologized for her assine statement and she did nothing to bring the killers to justice.
Peace
KMA

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1072011 Jan 30, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer, Turdbreath, when did a lack of funds ever stop the dems?
Never
U.S. ADD'S 238,000 JOBS, MORE PROOF OF REBOUND....Construction lifted employment growth to highest rate in year....AP(1-9-14).........

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1072012 Jan 30, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not self hatred you moran; it's disgust at white supremacist racists like you dummy.
Why do racists object to be called what they are?
Child can't buy snacks.....

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1072013 Jan 30, 2014
Lcn wrote:
<quoted text>
U.S. House Republican leaders backed a broad outline for legislation that would legalize undocumented immigrants and stop short of granting citizenship.
“There will be no special path to citizenship for individuals who broke our nation’s immigration laws,” according to the document obtained by Bloomberg News.“Rather, these persons could live legally and without fear in the U.S.”
The guidelines, distributed to Republican lawmakers today at a private policy retreat in Cambridge, Maryland, stipulate that legislation should ensure U.S. visas and green-card allocations “reflect the needs of employers.” Temporary job programs should help the agricultural industry, and not displace U.S. workers, according to the document.
Blog: Obama's Shame Offensive on Unemployment Insurance
“It’s time to deal with it, but how you deal with it is critically important,” House Speaker John Boehner told reporters today.“It’s one thing to pass a law, it’s another thing to have the confidence of the American people behind that law.”
I
Boehner’s push on immigration changes risks further dividing House Republicans, who have splintered on votes to pass a budget, the appropriations bill and the farm bill.
Immigration reform is at the bottom of the list of Americans concerns, at the top? Jobs, and Hussein has failed miserably at that.

Immigration reform is not needed , what is needed is to stop the invaders at the border and deport more of them.

“you know i know”

denver

#1072014 Jan 30, 2014
This is liberalism:

$2 million dollars spent to defend the admitted murderer Jody Arias.

You must be so proud.

Lapeer, MI

#1072015 Jan 30, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
The Department of Justice is aiming to cut short the prison terms of some offenders who were handed sentences 100 times more severe because of an outdated racially discriminatory drug disparity, Deputy Attorney General James Cole announced Thursday.
Last month, President Obama shortened the sentences of eight crack offenders punished under the discriminatory regime, using his power under the Constitution to issue pardons (which erase the sentence) and commutations (which cut the sentences short). Cole said Thursday before a New York gathering of lawyers that those commutations were just a “first step” and that it is the Justice Department’s goal to “find additional candidates” and recommend them to the president for clemency.
z
“There are more low-level, nonviolent drug offenders who remain in prison, and who would likely have received a substantially lower sentence if convicted of precisely the same offenses today,” Cole said.“This is not fair, and it harms our criminal justice system.”
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/01/30/3...
thinkprogress hails black racism!

thinkretrograde

“you know i know”

denver

#1072016 Jan 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
seems i was replying to a post that was a bit more than obsessive. and after seeing the average age of the FOX viewer i'm sure my 'obsession' will wear off in the next 5 years.
What does anyone's age have to do with anything? You're too ignorant and uninformed to know most of the young never watch any news. Take the idiots who chuckle at Jon Stewarts stupidity. Ever watch
Jay Walking"? Every one of them he shows is clearly an uneducated ignoramus, in short your typical liberal.

Kimmel showed some of the dummies, commenting on Husseins SOTU blather, the night before he even gave it!

“you know i know”

denver

#1072017 Jan 30, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> U.S. ADD'S 238,000 JOBS, MORE PROOF OF REBOUND....Construction lifted employment growth to highest rate in year....AP(1-9-14).........
non responsive, now GFY

“you know i know”

denver

#1072021 Jan 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Fox host apologizes for reporting fake news
http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/10/f...
seems to me that would be an ongoing thing.
One unintentional mistake, that meant nothing BTW, compared to the daily dishonesty from the rest of the LSM.
NucuurVodkaOptio n

Satellite Beach, FL

#1072022 Jan 30, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying the old racist retards are dying off?
Not at all, Lily Boca Raton FL is still alive, and apparently well-preserved (it's the vodka).

“you know i know”

denver

#1072023 Jan 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Fox Apologizes for Poll Asking Whether Jews Killed Jesus Christ
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2011/12/...
very classy.
An obsession bordering on psy4259chosis, from a guy who never watches it. And who seems to be on here 24/7, when do you sleep?

Lapeer, MI

#1072024 Jan 30, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Renewables are buried ion a fog of intentional obfuscation. Do their listed costs and ROI reflect Federal subsidies, State subsidies, Utility Subsidies or can they stand on their own in the marketplace? If they *can't* then we are all paying through the nose for them in our taxes and phooey on you for lying about how cheap they are.
Changing weather patterns can leave Wind Turbines standing as monuments to stupidity. Put 'em on wheels, maybe?
What happens to a sailing ship when caught in the doldrums?
We constantly hear about a New! Improved Solar Panel that is cheaper!
But how about it's efficiency? Lifespan? Environmental damage from production?
A good comedian could make a living telling Renewable Jokes.
There are plenty to go around.
The Federal government pays farmers to grow corn for ethanol production. Everyone involved with corn ethanol production gets a tax break and so we are all paying for corn ethanol production.

But then when you fuel your vehicle at the pump, you are once again paying for the ethanol you just paid for in your taxes.

And because so much corn has gone into ethanol production, little is left for the food industry which then drives up prices of baked goods. You pay a third time for the ethanol you already paid for in your taxes and at the fuel pump.

And because ethanol is far less energy dense than gasoline, you are getting screwed even further.

Now....tell me again about how renewables are the wave of the future.

If an energy source cannot stand on its own in the marketplace without subsidies then it doesn't belong in the marketplace in the first place. Period.

“you know i know”

denver

#1072025 Jan 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
this is where you'll find today's anti-war crowd. and real conservatives.
The themes that run through the works of the first prominent figures to call themselves conservatives–thinkers such as Russell Kirk, Peter Viereck, and Robert Nisbet–are peace, community (self-government as well as civil society), and fiscal restraint. Today, of course, many politicians and pundits who call themselves conservatives seem to stand for something else: war, every man for himself, and endless deficits and debt.
What wrecked the good name of conservatism? Success. The conservative critique of the liberal welfare-warfare state was so powerful that special interests (such as those Eisenhower called the Military-Industrial Complex) and opportunistic politicians began to adopt the label and offer fame, money, and power to conservatives who would admit them to the fellowship. As well, there was another reaction against the new age of ideology and bigness, a populist reaction. Combining populist anger with the name of conservatism proved a winning formula for fundraisers and office-seekers. But instead of making the populist uprising more conservative, the effect was to remake conservatism as populism. Thus the principle conservative values of peace, community, and economic responsibility came to be lost amid wars and rumors of wars, Keynesianism and promises of perpetual, debt-fueled growth.
The original conservatives (and some of their libertarian and even liberal friends, those who were more conservative than they knew) had it right. Today the country pays the price for the left-wing ideologies that ran rampant in the 20th century and the right-wing, but not conservative, reaction that has only exacerbated the destruction wrought by the left. To solve the country’s seemingly intractable–and, in the long-term, lethal–strategic, economic, and socio-cultural problems requires a rediscovery of traditional conservatism.
That’s the mission of The American Conservative.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/who-we...
non responsive, care to try again?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's the real story about Charlottsville? 15 min ThomasA 23
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 38 min Chicagoan by Birth 242,540
The Party of Racism. 2 hr Its The Democrats 2
Only Mother Fu__ers would destroy our statues. 2 hr Out of Potty Expe... 3
TRUTH will be revealed, someday, maybe. 3 hr Muslims Did IT 42
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Agents of Corruption 63,946
Chicago is much worse since Obama was elected 9 hr check please 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages