Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1520820 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1071555 Jan 30, 2014
M Stein wrote:
<quoted text>Big government eugenics would be telling women they can't have children. There's nothing wrong with telling someone they won't be rewarded with a bigger monthly check for not practicing the same family planning that responsible citizens practice. But then again Democrats love multi-generational poverty because it keeps their base on the plantation.
If Obama REALLY wanted to do something about Inequality, he'd tell the baby mamas to keep their legs closed unless the "daddy" was going to marry and support this "family."
so you're all for Obamacare birth control mandates?
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Satellite Beach, FL

#1071556 Jan 30, 2014
waxywaxturd wrote:
ATTENTION ALL !!!!
I and most of my sockpuppets will be on board all night making idiotic and mentally deranged comments, the sole purpose being to harass and feebly attempt to insult the legitimate posters who use this forum.
I will also be judging your posts for the entire evening. I plan to be here for the entire day, 24/7, round the clock, with my sockpuppets so get ready for an all out judgit blowout shitshow!!!!
Please JOIN in!! I will give you a head start if needed. I enjoy spending the day here giving out judgits to anyone who doesn't agree with me and I like to think I have full control of this thread!!!
BREAKING NEWS**********
I have been using a new product called "Instant Obama Lie",, while marathoning on TOPIX,,,very effective if I don't say so myself!!! Emeem loves them!!!! Anyone who spends as much time on Topix as I do (though I doubt there is) should look into them. Fabulous!
"I'M DUMB ENOUGH. I'M DRUNK ENOUGH. AND DOGGONE IT, PEOPLE HATE ME.!!!!!!!!! Hugs! NOT SURPRIZED !!!!!!,,,AKA WAXYWAXTURD!!!!!!
I consider it "mine"!!!!!!
Not Surprized! LOL

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1071557 Jan 30, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie of the year??
That’s easy!!
“Waxman only posts as Waxman”
Except when he’s being “Shiningtinfoilhat’!!
HAHAHAHA
Are you still shoving dried beans up your nose?

It shows. You brain's oxygen levels are down.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1071558 Jan 30, 2014
And so it continues....

http://news.yahoo.com/watch-63-years-climate-...

"Watch 63 years of climate change in one horrifying GIF
BGR.com
By Zach Epstein 23 hours ago

Global warming is still the topic of much debate, but a short video posted recently by NASA is fairly convincing. The 15-second animation, which was posted by NASA last week and picked up on Tuesday by Co.Exist, shows a view of the entire globe with an overlay that details climate change. NASA scientists analyzed data collected over the past 63 years by 1,000 meteorological stations from around the world, and the animation they compiled shows just how rapidly the Earth’s climate is changing.

The GIF is a consolidated version of NASA’s full animation that helps illustrate just how drastic the change has been since 1950. Temperatures in some regions have swung by as much as 4 degrees Celsius in the past 60 years alone.

“Long-term trends in surface temperatures are unusual and 2013 adds to the evidence for ongoing climate change,” GISS climatologist Gavin Schmidt said with regard to NASA’s findings.“While one year or one season can be affected by random weather events, this analysis shows the necessity for continued, long-term monitoring.”

According to the report, the average global temperature in 2013 was 58.3 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s 1.1 degrees Fahrenheit warmer than the mid-20th century baseline temperature.

“Last year, when the concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere surpassed levels of 400 parts per million, the amount of atmospheric carbon dioxide reached a higher point than it had at any time in the last 800,000 years,” Co.Exist’s Sydney Brownstone noted."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1071559 Jan 30, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I have had minimum wage jobs. I showed up for work every day. I did what I was paid to do. I became more valuable. I began to earn more than minimum wage.
That's how it's done.
Making a rule that employers have to pay more for the same product regardless of value is Marxist.
Suppose there is a company just teetering on the edge of solvency, maybe working with as little as a 5% profit margin. Forcing them to pay more for the same low-level no-skill work will cause them to go out of business, then nobody has a job.
That is what Marxism does, over and over and over again without exception.
most successful people had minimum wage jobs when they were teenagers....

most welfare bums never had that advantage...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1071560 Jan 30, 2014
President Obama Takes Down Walmart By Giving A Speech at Costco

Peter Deier, an E.P. Clapp Distinguished Professor of Politics, Occidental College, explained why President Obama chose Costco as the venue for his speech,“Why Costco and not Walmart, which is a much bigger and better-known discount retailer? The answer is that Costco’s labor practices help reduce income inequality while Walmart’s labor practices widen it. Yes, Walmart is better-known, but what it’s known for is low wages and abusive labor practices….When Americans think of the phrase “working poor,” they think of Walmart. Many of its employees make so little that they are eligible for food stamps, Medicaid, and housing subsidies. America’s taxpayers are subsidizing Walmart’s poverty-wage labor practices to the tune of billions of dollars. The company’s low-wage business model contributes to its stocking problems, the low customer service ratings, and the retailer’s current decline in sales. Not only do Costco workers earn much more than their Walmart counterparts, but Costco’s CEO makes considerably less than Walmart’s CEO. So while Costco helps narrow the gap between the rich and the rest, Walmart widens it.”

President Obama was sending a not so subtle message to the corporate giant that is most responsible for income inequality in this country. The point of the president’s speech at Costco was that it is more than possible for a company to both pay a living wage and be profitable.

Costco proves both the Republican Party and Walmart wrong. A company can pay its employees well and be successful. Republicans always frame any proposed increase in the minimum wage as a choice between paying employees well and jobs. Even though research shows that increasing the minimum wage does not cause employers to layoff workers, Republicans still stick to this tired old talking point.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/01/29/presid...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1071561 Jan 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Most of NSA’s data collection authorized by order Ronald Reagan issued
The National Security Agency’s collection of information on Americans’ cellphone and Internet usage reaches far beyond the two programs that have received public attention in recent months, to a presidential order that is older than the Internet itself.
Approved by President Ronald Reagan in 1981, Executive Order 12333 (referred to as “twelve-triple-three”) still governs most of what the NSA does. It is a sweeping mandate that outlines the duties and foreign intelligence collection for the nation’s 17 intelligence agencies. It is not governed by Congress, and critics say it has little privacy protection and many loopholes. What changes have been made to it have come through guidelines set by the attorney general or other documents
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/11/21/209167/...
Under its provisions, agencies have the ability to function outside the confines of a warrant or court order, if approved by the attorney general. Its Section 2.5 effectively gives the attorney general the right to authorize intelligence agencies to operate outside the confines of judicial or congressional oversight, so long as it’s in pursuit of foreign intelligence – including collecting information of Americans.
So now you libs are done blaming Bush and are blaming Reagan? did O'bama plagiarize a Reagan speech also?
NuculurNUToption

Satellite Beach, FL

#1071562 Jan 30, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie of the year??
That’s easy!!
“Anything Obama and I Say”
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Not Surprized!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1071563 Jan 30, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
pulled that out of your a$$...
NO link....
A genius liike you should be able to find it easily.

Need help??

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(Hint: It's a Gallup Poll)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You seem a bit more limpdicked than usual today, Killtaker.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1071564 Jan 30, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>See the difference between you and me is I am not a sick old bat on pharma for the rest of my life--I don't need 'health' care as you call it, I am healthy. You and your husband are sick people-cancer-pace makers, heart attacks--truly the type that will experience the death panels. I can hardly wait until the government cuts the pharma off in this country-William Ayers' dream of killing 25 million will be fulfilled. Bill Gates' dream of eugenics and 80 million dying will be fulfilled. No usm I don't go to the doctor at my other residence in Costa Rica--but if I ever did need to -I can afford to pay for it. Many Americans go there for surgeries and pay for it. It is called Medical tourism. Western medicine has enslaved the American people-they are no longer able to move around freely-they have to figure out where and when they are going to get their next fix of pharma.
some people are so busy demanding medical attention and running up unnecessary expenses that they have no time for life.....

and they want others to pay for their obsession with attention...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1071565 Jan 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Obama Has Issued Fewer Executive Orders Than 5 Republican Presidents Before Him
http://www.policymic.com/articles/80393/obama...
Once again it is not the number of exective orders it is the content in them.
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Satellite Beach, FL

#1071566 Jan 30, 2014
waxywaxturd wrote:
BREAKING NEWS**********
I have been using a new product called "Instant Obama Lie",, while marathoning on TOPIX,,,very effective if I don't say so myself!!! Yeah loves them!!!! Anyone who spends as much time on Topix as I do (though I doubt there is) should look into them. Fabulous!
"I'M DUMB ENOUGH. I'M DRUNK ENOUGH. AND DOGGONE IT, PEOPLE HATE ME.!!!!!!!!! Hugs! Not Surprized!!!!!!,,AKA,'waxywaxt urd' to my topix peeps!!!
I consider it "mine"!!!!!!
Hugs xoxoxo NOT SURPRIZED!!!
Not Surprized! LOL
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1071567 Jan 30, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Just 33.3 million people watched that mess. Which means just over 25 million were libtards. Get a clue!!!!
you mean 10 times more people watched than they are people who watch FOX every night?

seems like it should be more liberals.

Location hidden

#1071568 Jan 30, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can find historical speeches, relevant interviews with presidents, Congressmen speaking on the Senate floor, Congressional hearings, press conferences and presidents speaking in public on you tube.
You can find videos of presidential inaugural addresses as well.
Chris Cuomo (ABC News) interviewed Bill Clinton on the financial crisis, and a clip from that interview was posted on you tube. There are at least a dozen more interviews with Bill Clinton by other news sources on you tube discussing other topics as well.
You can see Bill Clinton opening his mouth and saying Democrats resisted the GOP in reining in Fannie and Freddie and hear him say it with your own ears on that ABC News clip. The ABC News logo is quite visible at the bottom.
But, frankly, I can understand your pessimism in not wanting to click on it in your state of denial. I was rather shocked myself. It would probably burst your bubble.
Still waiting on you answer to your OBL craziness, Carol.

Let's review:

Care to answer to your conflicting stories concerning Bin Laden??

Or are you trying to avoid the fact that you have two completely contradictory bs lines about hunting him down.

Let's review what Carol has said in regards to OBL:

1./ Any President would have given the order that Obama gave.

2./ Bush couldn't be bothered with Bin Laden, he had other things to deal with.

----------

which statement is true, Carol??

You can either give Obama full credit for what Bush couldn't do, or say it was no big deal to get the very top Al Queda leader reeponsible for the 9-11 attacks on America.

It was more important to get Bin Laden than it was to get Saddam Hussein. Saddam never attacked America, Bin Laden did, more than once.

Let's see what sort of American you really are.This is not going away. Every time you show up, this question will be here to remind you of what a freakin' liar you are.

----------

You can run, but you can't hide.:)
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1071569 Jan 30, 2014
Cheating...

9 GSS survey's between 1991 and 2006
3821 cases involving men
5584 cases involving women
9405 cases involving both

"The National Data Program for the Social Sciences has been conducted since 1972 by NORC, A Social Science Research Center at the University of Chicago, with the support of the National Science Foundation."
http://www3.norc.org/GSS+Website/About+GSS/Na...

Question:
Cheated on a Spouse?

%s that cheated were:
Men
D-24.1
R- 19.4

Women
D-15.0
R-10.4

Both
D-18.3
R-14.5

Fried, J.(2008). "Democrats and Republicans: Rhetoric and Reality".
algora publishing, pg 15,16
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1071570 Jan 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
At a luncheon for the Chamber of Commerce in Lexington, KY, Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) floated the idea of capping government benefits for women who have children out of wedlock, the Lexington Herald-Leader reports.
excellent idea....

Location hidden

#1071571 Jan 30, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Compassionate = Sucker
Pragmatic = Good American
Nutsack = Compassionate
Lie of the year??

That’s easy!!

“Waxman only posts as Waxman”

Except when he’s being “Shinytinfoilhat’!!
HAHAHAHA

(Keep the shiny side up,Waxy!!)

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1071572 Jan 30, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Just 33.3 million people watched that mess. Which means just over 25 million were libtards. Get a clue!!!!
not as many people watch TV anymore. welcome to the 21st century...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1071573 Jan 30, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to answer to your conflicting stories concerning Bin Laden??
Or are you trying to avoid the fact that you have two completely contradictory bs lines about hunting him down.
Let's review what Carol has said in regards to OBL:
1./ Any President would have given the order that Obama gave.
2./ Bush couldn't be bothered with Bin Laden, he had other things to deal with.
----------
which statement is true, Carol??
You can either give Obama full credit for what Bush couldn't do, or say it was no big deal to get the very top Al Queda leader reeponsible for the 9-11 attacks on America.
It was more important to get Bin Laden than it was to get Saddam Hussein. Saddam never attacked America, Bin Laden did, more than once.
First of all, you repeated the same falsehood three times in a row on the same forum page. I actually read the last one.

Your #2 claim is false. I never said that about OBL.

But I did post what Bush said in a press conference in 2002..."If people focus on just one face of terror, they don't understand the scope of it. Terrorism is bigger than one person."

He said that after he said bin Laden could already be dead since they hadn't heard from in a while, hiding in a cave or on the run.

And, of course, bin Laden WAS just the face of 9/11 and did go into hiding but more dangerous masterminds of terror were plotting even worse things than 9/11 and were still out there - of which Bush captured or killed most of them.

Did I answer your question sufficiently this time? Because it will be the last time.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1071574 Jan 30, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>death panels.....funny that you trot out that lame old lie.
i guess you were stupid enough to buy into it the first time and apparently still are...
ObamaKKKare rations and restricts care to substandard personnel and facilities, creating built-in death panels.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr RACE 10,571
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr RACE 2,525
Obumbler Back To Community Organizing 2 hr Time 2 Quit BHO 1
Protest is Treason 3 hr LIQUIDATE-PROTESTERS 2
Look at Minn. Maine & Michigan. 3 hr NO HALAL FOODs 11
My heart is open for a real man~ 3 hr SpreadUrThighs 8
Scary Obituary 3 hr The Shadow 9

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance