Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
984,301 - 984,320 of 1,100,153 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1070238 Jan 28, 2014
The SOTU and the Four Republican Responses

This report on the four (yes, four) Republican responses to tonightís speech is exaggerating their significance:

This four-vs.-one approach, to some, is the result of the expanding media universe that allows many different views to be heard, reaching so many different voters. Yet others see the various responses as a sign of a divided Republican Party that cannot unite around the single idea or a single voice to respond to Obamaís State of the Union address.

The number of responses is unusual, but the fact that there are several of them doesnít seem to mean very much. Mike Lee and Rand Paul are both speaking after the president, but it would be wrong to say that they represent different wings of the party. Lee will likely emphasize the policy reforms he has been promoting for much of the last year, while Paul will be delivering a comparable message that will reportedly touch on some topics, including national security, that Lee isnít going to cover. Ros-Lehtinen and McMorris Rodgers are both giving responses, but while they will be in different languages their content will apparently be more or less the same. Besides, itís not as if it will really be ďfour vs. one,Ē since all of the opposition speakers put together will have less time and receive less attention than the president. The most remarkable thing about this is that there are this many willing to volunteer to speak when they donít need to do so. Considering how often SOTU responses have harmed the political prospects of the people that have given them, it is a bit surprising that they can find someone to do just one. Perhaps the most notable thing is that all four respondents are members of Congress, which further cements the current GOPís identity as a mainly Congressional party.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1070239 Jan 28, 2014
Darn!

Glow Bull Warming!

It's so cold Democrats have their hands in their own pockets!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1070240 Jan 28, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
Unbelievable!
Here is a liberal moron trying to "prove" a point, posting part of a bill she has no clue how to read or comprehend.
Hey DumbSince1680! You found something, but you have no clue how it applies, you flaking moron liberal commie.
<quoted text>
lol! awww..... my poor little ruskie has an opinion....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1070242 Jan 28, 2014
Former New Jersey Gov. Christine Whitman (R), the only other Republican woman to ever give the State of the Union response, shed some light on the GOP's decision to tap House Republican Conference Chairwoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA) to give the party's rebuttal to the speech on Tuesday.

"It's hard for me to phrase this politely. Sometimes Republicans think that just putting a woman up front means somehow that women are going to feel good about the party. It is not about the messenger. It's about the message," she told the Los Angeles Times in an interview published Tuesday.

"And until we figure that one out, while it's nice that we have a woman as a spokesperson, if the message itself doesn't get changed a bit, it's not going to work."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/whitman...

“J' accuse”

Since: Oct 07

Denver, CO

#1070243 Jan 28, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"harmonious"
bin laden was dreaming of his 72 virgins. "real dumb" is dreaming about a good piece of tail. They are on the same wave length. "real dumb" honestly believes that the muslim killers are under control and no longer present a threat.
Peace
Davey clearly has been brainwashed, he needs an education, I know we try. Like all libs he doesn't like to answer questions or actually defend Barry Hussein.

“J' accuse”

Denver, CO

#1070244 Jan 28, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
What "questions" would that be sock puppet?
Another lib entering her dotage.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1070246 Jan 28, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I never suggested a revolution, you moron. You need to work on your reading and comprehension of the written English language. We have a Cosntitution that I am content with. There is no need for a revolution... however, the Democrats and RINOs don't agree with that. They are rebelling against the Constitution right now.
Unless, in your insane perception, opposing a bunch of traitors intent on eliminating the constitutional republic and replacing it with a medieval dictatorship where the President can rule subjects with decrees and edicts is the definition of "revolution".
We have a constitutional republic. In my opinion, there is no need to revolt against the constitutional republic. I do wish you and all your fellow Democrat dupes felt the same way.
Liar, you warned a revolution was becoming a necessity to protect the Constitution.
Here's how it works in America. Every four years we elect a President. In recent years this was by a majority of voting citizens in this country, the notable exception was the election Bush stole with help from his brother in Florida. But even in that case, in a Democracy the President has a responsibility to represent the wishes of the people that put him in office, that was folks like ME not YOU. Just because the President isn't making you happy doesn't mean America has a problem. YOU have the problem.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1070247 Jan 28, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You mean, the way reich wingers WANT government to work for them!
No sockpuppet liberal commie (AKA Ghost), we want FREEDOM from government.

You are the loser than needs government, son.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1070248 Jan 28, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>No son. You espouse the greatness and virtues of Libya.
It's must better and easier for everyone if folks like you simply leave for your 'promised' land. That way you'll be glad to be rid of the 'filthy Americans.'
And all will be happier for it!!!
As for a t-per being 'nominated,' I've seen what can happen... ala Murkowski stomping on Miller!!!
You live in a fantasy world. It would appear to be the safest place for you!
How's the weather on the Moon, son? Do they give you a welfare up there?

“J' accuse”

Denver, CO

#1070249 Jan 28, 2014
I believe some leftist lunatic bloviated and belched that Bush had more executive orders than Barry fairy

Obama flexing same powers he once criticized - Washington Examiner
washingtonexaminer.com/article/1057821&#8... ;
Jan 11, 2012 - But since taking office, Obama has issued 108 executive orders -- seven fewer than Bush issued during his entire second term -- to implement ...

Flashback 2007: Senator Obama Criticized President Bush For ...
www.mediaite.com/.../flashback-2007-senator-o... ;
Mediaite
Jun 20, 2012 - Wednesday morning, the White House has invoked executive privilege over disputed documents regarding Operation Fast and Furious, the ...

Bongo Barry also criticized Bush's use of executive orders, can one of you libs explain that hypocrisy?
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1070250 Jan 28, 2014
So is anyone going to actually watch the "LIAR of the YEAR" tonight?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1070251 Jan 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Just heard a news blurb that the health insurance cos. may have to be bailed out by taxpayers due to Barry and Harry's lies re Obamakare.
the bailout is part of the law...because everyone knew in advance that the scheme was a fraud...

just another way for DemoKKKrats to screw middle class taxpayers...
GOP R Idiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1070252 Jan 28, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>That one called usasince needs her head examined. A wife stays with her husband after he cheats on her... oh let's just say 20 times. He was screwing all those black girls down in Arkansas while he was governor too--and Hillary is a model abused wife to put up with his fun. OMG--femi nazi s make me puke. Who can possibly think it is a wonderful thing for your husband to cheat on you and then you stay and get cheated on some more--yes only a liberal. WTH. I am appalled. And Hillary is a doormat.
Well, get used to her...she'll be your next President!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1070253 Jan 28, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a very strange perception of "abuse". If my husband were to go out and have a one night stand, I would not feel "abused" nor question my self-worth. You see, I don't equate sex with love. The two are very different. IMO, men who cheat on their wives use sex to relieve tension. To relax. It has nothing to do with love. "Sex without love is hollow. It's meaningless."
Would I accept it as a regular feature of my marriage? I doubt it but, having never been in that situation, I can't say anything with any certainty. I think Hillary is a very strong woman who knows what is important in her life and no one has the right to judge her. Especially someone like you.
NYC Bocajew morality on display, in spades....stay with the sugar daddy as long as the money keeps coming....

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1070254 Jan 28, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
PART II--OTHER PROVISIONS
SEC. 1251. PRESERVATION OF RIGHT TO MAINTAIN EXISTING COVERAGE.
(a) No Changes to Existing Coverage-
(1) IN GENERAL- Nothing in this Act (or an amendment made by this Act) shall be construed to require that an individual terminate coverage under a group health plan or health insurance coverage in which such individual was enrolled on the date of enactment of this Act.
"uselesssinceforever0000 "
You are right. Nothing in the act requires an indidual to terminate their coverage. The problem, as my daughter and her family are discovering, they can keep their coverage but die to nobama kare their doctor{s} are no longer covered. Their doctors operate under the Providence program, which nobamaakare will not cover.
Just a note Providence operates two hospitals in this city and has over 450 doctors in their system. Providence the only hospital in the area with open hear surgery facilities.
So "uslesssinceforever0000 " what good is an insurance policy that will not pay for services one incurs?
Peace
KMA
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1070255 Jan 28, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like how Condi Rice was at battle stations waiting for 9/11?
Not really son. I think it was "Susan" Rice at battle stations lying about Obama and the old HAG (as old as Reagan) Clinton covering up for 9/11 Benghazi style.

After all, your Hitler Jive-Ass Punk said "MISSION ACOMPLISHED"!

Al Quesada is on the run! Obama thought he was eating at a Mexican restaurant.

Baawwaahhh!!!!

I wonder if Obama will talk about "Corpes men" again tonight, son?

He seems about as bright as you are about the military, after all.

So which part of the family are you mooching off lately, Wilhelm/Ghost/Pope John, et al, liberal?
GOP R Idiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1070256 Jan 28, 2014
Let's hope that the 3 rebuttals by the GOP tonight will be better than past ones.
Maybe make sure to look at the right camera.(Bachman)
Maybe try and drink water BEFORE the speech.(Rubio)
Maybe have something to say besides lame jokes.(Jindal)

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1070257 Jan 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Former New Jersey Gov. Christine Whitman (R), the only other Republican woman to ever give the State of the Union response, shed some light on the GOP's decision to tap House Republican Conference Chairwoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA) to give the party's rebuttal to the speech on Tuesday.
"It's hard for me to phrase this politely. Sometimes Republicans think that just putting a woman up front means somehow that women are going to feel good about the party. It is not about the messenger. It's about the message," she told the Los Angeles Times in an interview published Tuesday.
"And until we figure that one out, while it's nice that we have a woman as a spokesperson, if the message itself doesn't get changed a bit, it's not going to work."
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/whitman...
The GOP is giving three different rebuttals...they can't even form a coherent, cogent message.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1070258 Jan 28, 2014
The gig is up Nuc...

You don't need to waste time signing out and back in, loooonatic!
Not Surprized wrote:
''Nostrilis Waxman's'' trolling sockpuppet shitshow!!!!!
Nostrilis Waxman wrote;
Did you graduate from an Ivy League in 3.5 years with a double major with a level of distinction far above others? I doubt it! Did you turn down a White House internship.
Waxman wrote:#56397
Do you own a penthouse in Manhatten lib overlooking CP? I think you and I are very different people.
http://www.topix.com/for um/nyc/T50ESIT30OD77D4FO/p2621
QUOTE who="Waxman/Waxturds
I live in a large house with a lot of rooms and computers and also have redundant communication providers.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/berwyn-il/T50 ...
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You are sooo funny liberal.
I'm not "better" than you biologically, but I don't think you sent your kids to prep schools and Ivy League schools like I have. I do not have any failures. I am educated.
http://www.topix.com/forum/source/lebanon-dai ...
WAXTURDS wrote: Would you like to borrown my Mercedes. Well, now I have three brand new cars. If I told you what I bought for my personal driver, you wouldn't believe it.
WAXTURDS wrote:
I'll post from the Caribbean to you lib. As you know, I just came home from the U.K. I have a job. I can retire now but I have a good job lib - and a pertfolio you would not comprehend garbage man. Sorry lib.
I'll try to post to you from the Caribean next week.
Cheers.
WAXTURDS TROLLING SOCKPUPPET JAMBOREE!
Nostrilis Waxman/Floriduh/No Surprise aka known as the stalker WAXTURDS topix troll clusterfvck, same troll-multiple id's==Delusional army of one:
''ptbw forever'',''NuculurVodkaOption '', "Faketime",,''wooden prick69'',,"DUMB AS A ROCK",,"Lily Barton","RUSH10ME ",Gunner/''RayDonovan ''obama_the_penius",,tell _it_like _it_ IS","Jorge Zimmerman", "Wilhelm From Germany", Fenris the Big Bad Wolf, shinningelectr0n, Masama Muhfugger, Joey Bidewide, "Buroc Millhouse Obama", Fenris the Big Bad Wolf, LiberalsAreHypocrites, SHADOW,Borat Hussein Ovomit, Bonnie, OBAMANATION, Diane Sawyer, opo, lily uses US IP, Black Wino,,NuculurNutsurpriZed, moshx, shinningelectr0n, Forum, Takeisha, moshx, Nat Turner, fake nucular option, lily waxman raton, Natty Bumppo, nobamaredux, NeverNOTsurpriZed, Jimmy, St Black Pope, leosanusbama, Demidiots, 0h-Rea11y, Big Bubba BLackCock, TSM, Forum, Old Crazy Goober, Proud2bewhite, No Surprise, Jimma Carter, Impeach Obama, Anyone from Temacula, Arguingwithidiots, loulee rat mouth fl, Barney Frank , fake Dem, Lt Dan, LOL, lily's children, LOL, Floriduh, fukutu, Ignoramus, Liberals Eat Feces, DEM idiots, Billy Carter,, Warturds, CAE, Fetch N Stepinit, Rectal Liberal, Commie DemocRATs, Wartime, Billy C, Subversive Barry, Groucho, FUBO, King George, Patrick, Democrats are Fascists, Gay Ghost, VAGITARIAN, Jimmy, Bronach, Pete, King George, PTBW Forever, The Real Truth, WorthlessWhore, Louise, Cheryl
GOP R Idiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1070259 Jan 28, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
No sockpuppet liberal commie (AKA Ghost), we want FREEDOM from government.
You are the loser than needs government, son.
Are mandatory vaginal probes part of your plan for freedom from Government? That's about all the GOP legislates these days.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min Brian_G 46,309
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 177,370
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Sublime1 97,932
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr voice of peace 68,367
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 68,977
Review: Anthony D S Grill (Jan '14) 2 hr peter osterman 7
Abby 8-29 2 hr Julie 10
Amy 8-29 5 hr Kuuipo 13
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search