Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1070438 Jan 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
if public schools cleaned up their act, fired the dead wood, and demanded performance from both teachers and students...then there would be little need for school vouchers, charter schools, and the like...
just like any other business, incompetent, lazy, and indifferent employees need to be fired...
Charter schools are a joke. Who the heck believes that all the kids that go to them suddenly become brilliant? Really?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1070439 Jan 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it's already started.
Ann Coulter Pans GOP Response:‘Republicans Have Got to Stop Hiring Speech Coaches’
Continuing her trend of bashing the Republican Party for many of its decisions, conservative author Ann Coulter expressed frustration Tuesday night with Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodger‘s (R-WA) response speech, blasting it as overly-coached.
http://www.mediaite.com/online/ann-coulter-pa...
it sounded like she was talking like a 6 year old.
It's very difficult to follow any SOTU. I recall a few Democrats looking a little piqued and sweaty following most of Reagan's SOTU. But it's understandable. Everyone understands what a difficult spot that is to be in. Her speech will soon be forgotten. Like all the rest.

Location hidden

#1070440 Jan 28, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Liberals think charity is spending tax payer money.
Yeah.

"I can remember way back when a liberal was one who was generous with his own money." ~ Will Rogers
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1070441 Jan 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
Read and learn boys and girls:
"Despite the fact that Obama campaigned on the platform of eliminating abuse of executive powers which occurred under Bush, he is on course to pass more executive orders than Bush did during his eight years in the White House."
"[efoods]During a May 2008 campaign event in Colorado, Obama promised to “not use signing statements as a way of doing an end run around Congress,” and yet the administration’s announcement that they will use not merely signing statements, but wholesale Executive Orders, as a means of enforcing what Congress refuses to pass, is exactly that – an end run around the Constitution."
I call this hypocrisy, where am I going wrong?
so you think Obama will get to 291?

Location hidden

#1070442 Jan 28, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Is intentionally destroying the United States economy considered a Weapon of Mass destruction?
I think that we have reached a point where any retaliation on the part of the people should be considered as "reasonable force" employed during an act of self defense.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1070443 Jan 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
"If you don't buy into Obamacare, I and the IRS will punish you." That's almost like a threat.
He says to Congress, "Don't make me take my pen and phone and turn this country around if you don't cave into my every whim because I refuse to negotiate or compromise on any of my visions of grandeur." More like a parental threat but still a threat. But Obama likes to think of himself as a parent. He knows what's best and has to put his foot down sometimes..
Unfortunately, he's the leader of a two-party system of government. He doesn't do as well as a team player.
no, neither of these are threats to americans...

you are really lame...

try to find smarter people to parrot. the ones using you like a gutter waif are pretty sad....

Orlando, FL

#1070444 Jan 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Rep. Michael Grimm (R-NY) "physically" threatened a reporter for NY1 News after the reporter began to question the congressman about a federal investigation into his campaign contributions, according to the station.
"I'm not talking about anything that's off topic. This is only about the President's speech," Grimm said to the reporter in the Capitol as he began to ask the congressman about allegations that a fundraiser illegally funneled money to Grimm's campaign.
Grimm walked away from reporter. After the reporter said on camera that Grimm refused to talk about the charges, Grimm can be seen walking back into view, moving physically close to the reporter.
Most of the scene takes place off camera, and the dialogue is mostly inaudible.
According to NY1 political director Bob Hardt, Grimm told the reporter, "I will break you in half."
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/grimm-t...
It's only because liberals are trying to make wimps out of us. Ever hear the sing-song phrase, "sticks and stones may break my bones..."?

Saying you're going to break someone in half in a state of anger doesn't mean you're going to break them in half. Try and get over it. Take an aspirin or something. No harm was done. Words can never hurt you.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1070445 Jan 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Rubbish, it was all true.
Wise up, dummy
interesting syntax. sounds British. or Irish like my wife. i get a lot of 'wise up'. big surprise eh?

St. Croix valley

#1070446 Jan 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been here for years, not going anywhere, dearie.
i noticed you couldn't back up your claims in that post...

run away, little girl...run...

Location hidden

#1070447 Jan 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
every time he moves his lips.....
lol, yeah, and even though Boehner's tan was darker than Obama's face tonight, "People don't like me because I'm black."

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1070448 Jan 28, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>oh poor MD....still sore about me showing you to be the fool you are?
that was funny as hell..
tell us about the great WWII war machine again, will you?
what a tool!!
now you're not even making any sense...still rattled, i see.
LMAO! Stupid a**hole. You're a one trick pony, lad. Grow the hell up and go get a job, this isn't your bag. Your dad was right.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1070449 Jan 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's very difficult to follow any SOTU. I recall a few Democrats looking a little piqued and sweaty following most of Reagan's SOTU. But it's understandable. Everyone understands what a difficult spot that is to be in. Her speech will soon be forgotten. Like all the rest.
i never sit through them. blah blah blah, blah blah blah. forgotten tomorrow. no effect on the polls in either direction. not even sure what the point is anymore.

Orlando, FL

#1070450 Jan 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
she blew up the message with the delivery. kind of like needing to incessantly drink water while making a speech.
so what does everyone remember about Rubio's response last year? the bottle of water.
Want me to pull up a few videos of democrats following a Republican president's SOTU?

Some are pretty pitiful. But, again, it's understandable because everyone knows it's a very tough spot to be put in. Especially when you're not used to being in the limelight.

She was nervous and her response is inconsequential especially considering Obama did not deliver a home run to Democrats up for reelection this year. But he's run out of balls...figuratively speaking.

Anyway, it's getting late and past my bedtime. Night.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1070451 Jan 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's only because liberals are trying to make wimps out of us. Ever hear the sing-song phrase, "sticks and stones may break my bones..."?
Saying you're going to break someone in half in a state of anger doesn't mean you're going to break them in half. Try and get over it. Take an aspirin or something. No harm was done. Words can never hurt you.
if i post something and make no comment then there is no comment to make.

stuff happens, and yes, liberals can be pansies. and geez, the guy used to be an FBI agent. i ain't no slouch, but i wouldn't want any of that.

Location hidden

#1070452 Jan 28, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn. I prefer hanging for people who commit treason.
Now, back to the post:
Lying to Congress is a felony. Hillary obviously lied to Congress. Susan Rice obviously lied to the entire country and world. There was no spontaneous demonstration, and the videos watched by the White House and State Department prove that a lie.
If the White House was involved in a conspiracy to cover up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States, that is not only a felony, it is treason.
Could this be one of the reasons the Democrats plan to introduce legislation in the Senate to eliminate the death penalty for treason?(Notice I didn't say eliminate the death penalty. I said eliminate the death penalty for only treason.)
The method of execution by the federal government should still be hanging.
Don't be surprised when the elitists do away with that silly rule about having to be American born to be president.

No illegal invading the country should be denied the right to dream of ruling over us someday.
Mexico has always considered this country rightfully theirs and our continued apathy regarding their invasion of us has paved the way to them accomplishing their dream of conquest. I expect that asshat that runs Mexico running for POTUS some day soon, or maybe even one of their drug lords.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1070453 Jan 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Want me to pull up a few videos of democrats following a Republican president's SOTU?
Some are pretty pitiful. But, again, it's understandable because everyone knows it's a very tough spot to be put in. Especially when you're not used to being in the limelight.
She was nervous and her response is inconsequential especially considering Obama did not deliver a home run to Democrats up for reelection this year. But he's run out of balls...figuratively speaking.
Anyway, it's getting late and past my bedtime. Night.
yeah, late, but deadlines. later carol.

Orlando, FL

#1070454 Jan 28, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that you are so easily proven wrong, a liar and a woman that will do the bidding of anyone for the right price? no, not jealous at all.
i pity you.
Seriously, there's no need to be jealous. You're just confused and I'm not. Otherwise, we're no different.

Goodnight and sweet dreams.

St. Croix valley

#1070455 Jan 28, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! Stupid a**hole. You're a one trick pony, lad. Grow the hell up and go get a job, this isn't your bag. Your dad was right.
Jyuuuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside...tried for the corner and missed.

good to see you still have nothing to defend yourself with. run along now, little man, you are done here.

Location hidden

#1070456 Jan 28, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Tom Coburn lost his doctor because his own Republican party insisted that members of congress lose their insurance. He can thank Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley for proposing the amendment to the ACA that required members of Congress and their staffs to purchase health insurance though state exchanges. No one to blame but himself.
And Tom Coburn IS a doctor himself. Talk about irony.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1070457 Jan 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
"If you don't buy into Obamacare, I and the IRS will punish you." That's almost like a threat.
He says to Congress, "Don't make me take my pen and phone and turn this country around if you don't cave into my every whim because I refuse to negotiate or compromise on any of my visions of grandeur." More like a parental threat but still a threat. But Obama likes to think of himself as a parent. He knows what's best and has to put his foot down sometimes..
Unfortunately, he's the leader of a two-party system of government. He doesn't do as well as a team player.
Men with guns will have to enforce Obamakare.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 4-28-15 3 min Sublime1 5
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min Al the Bore Gore 52,903
Amy 4-28-15 10 min Sublime1 3
working girls 11 min alexmoon33 2
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 28 min Rogue Scholar 05 187,441
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 1 hr Joe Carson 91
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr RJS 8,019
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]