Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1441957 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1070877 Jan 29, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, let's dissect my post then and you tell me what isn't true.
Democrats put up the most resistance to Bush's warnings about the impending housing market crisis and reining in F&F.
(I have mucho evidence to prove this is true if you'd look at the videos and read the articles.)
Democrats had control of the purse strings two years preceding the recession.
(This is absolutely true. Democrats won back both houses in 2006.)
Obama spiked up the deficit to major proportions.
($17 trillion isn't enough spiking?)
The reality of Obamacare will sink in after March 31. If it fails, Obama will be blamed.
(How can this not be true?)
So what wasn't true? Speak up or shut they say.
More funny chit babe__you're on a roll too. When did "W" see the impending housing crisis looming?

And how would reigning in Fannie and Freddie have prevented it?

You haven't a clue on this subject either.
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1070878 Jan 29, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's not; redneck is a term of endearment and you sickos love to call yourselves rednecks; there's nothing racist about it. There's no such thing as racism against whites you fuggn nutcase.
Blackneck Lily loves the race card

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1070879 Jan 29, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why do you folks cal her Carol? is she not honest about her own moniker also? how very sad.
long story.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1070880 Jan 29, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
....We'll give you all the science you give us your vote...
from 1992...
2001 people were surveyed...
To be scientific literate:
1) have a basic scientific vocabulary
2) min understanding of scientific inquiry
3) min understanding of the impact of science on our society
America scored a:
6.5 percent
Yager, R.(1996). "Science/Technology/Socie ty: As Reform in Science Education." State Univ of New York : Albany. pg 193
and since you repeatedly show how below average you are intellectually, your score would be what?

you have clearly shown you cannot divide by three.

it's fun watching you humiliate yourself with your own ignorance...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1070881 Jan 29, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>thanks for proving my point for me.
its funny that you don't even realize you are doing it...
Hee, Hee.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1070882 Jan 29, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>The ACA dors not dictate networks to the insurance companies.
"real dumb"
Rattle on with your BS. The fact remains my daughters health insurance will not pay for services rendered by her caretaker.

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1070883 Jan 29, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm going to have a blast with that one and the Champagne Music Makers at FOX.
LOL, if the viewers over there are that old it's no wonder they are "fragile."

Anna one anna two anna__

St. Croix valley

#1070884 Jan 29, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
except that the medical care is much worse and paid for by only a fraction of the population....
in fact, they get better care for less money, as i clearly pointed out...

show me one study that americans are healthier than people in developed nations with universal care and that we pay less for that.

facts are fun!!!!!

United States

#1070885 Jan 29, 2014
John Galt is on the run.
Suspected Sex Predator Spotted In Temecula: Police Seek Public's Help Finding Him
If anyone sees this man in Riverside County, contact the Temecula Police Department

United States

#1070886 Jan 29, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
Can you say "Lame Duck?"

Can you say you lost to him twice?

United States

#1070887 Jan 29, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
Piers Morgan: "Mediocre, disappointing speech. Lowlight: Obama's abject surrender on guns."
Tea baggers love their guns.
Piers is a tea bagger that hates guns.

Satellite Beach, FL

#1070888 Jan 29, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i seem to remember Bush resistance to a F&F reform bill that was co-sponsored by Barney Frank. but you know that already since i've only posted it 50 times!
(Rove Speaking)
we were briefed as far back as 2001 about the problems with Fannie and Freddie; in fact, we moved aggressively in 2004 to regulate Fannie and Freddie, actually got a bill through the Senate Banking and Finance Committee only to have it filibustered by [Sen.] Chris Dodd.”

Rove said Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac “accelerated their imprudent behavior after we attempted to regulate them. They bought almost as much mortgage debt from 2005 through 2008” as they bought in their first 30 years of their existence.

St. Croix valley

#1070889 Jan 29, 2014
NuculurVodkaOption wrote:
<quoted text> "honest"? Did you say, "honest"? LOL ... Barack Hussein Obama: "Lie of the Year" ... and a cavalcade more during his Lie-athon last night ... LOL
i feel so sorry for you that you cannot even make a cogent comment.

was it your parents that failed you so? your education system? or was it your effort in life?

i would bet heavily on the latter...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1070890 Jan 29, 2014
President Obama's speech last night reminded me of something that one of New Jersey's most famous philosophers, Bruce Springsteen, once said:

"You can't have a United States if you are telling some folks that they can't get on the train."

That's what our President and our party are all about: Making sure that everyone can get on that train.

Cory Booker

United States

#1070891 Jan 29, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>this is the part where lily pretends that she isn't a NYC Bocajew....
Ray Donovan aka Gunner, why aren't you upset by this racist hillbilly and his Jew comments?

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1070892 Jan 29, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
air pollution is already regulated and reasonable air quality standards are being met....
but carbon dioxide emissions are not air pollution...
Maybe the environmentalist nutjobs from the left need to focus on eliminating volcanic eruptions, respiration by living organisms, decay of organisms and cultivation of land.

They could start a War on the Breathing. Start by eliminating all the blowhards in D.C.- now there's a unnecessary cause of CO2 if I ever saw one.

Indianapolis, IN

#1070893 Jan 29, 2014
the tea party are nazis, but.....

Poll: Huckabee Is Now The GOP's Top Choice For 2016 After Libido Remark

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1070894 Jan 29, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
What a depressing song; so do you think Galt got restless? or was it because they took all the coal out of the ground? LOL
Allentown was a steel mill city.

United States

#1070895 Jan 29, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot that you topld us you were fat. Remember the 20-30 pounds overweight you admitted to..........

Now, back to your lies;

Care to answer to your conflicting stories concerning Bin Laden??

Or are you trying to avoid the fact that you have two completely contradictory bs lines about hunting him down.

Let's review what Carol has said in regards to OBL:

Either any President would have given the order that Obama gave.

Or, Bush couldn't be bothered with Bin Laden, he had other things to deal with.

which statement is true, Carol??

This is not going away. Every time you show up, this question will be here to remind you of what a freakin' liar you are.
A fat smoker no less.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1070896 Jan 29, 2014
Yeah wrote:
This is what the conservatives bring to the table....
"It started out like dozens of other interviews after Tuesday night’s State of the Union address. But when NY1 reporter Mike Scotto decided to press Rep. Michael Grimm on his personal campaign finances, the Republican congressman abruptly ended the interview.
“This is only about the president’s speech, thank you,” Grimm said before walking off camera.
It’s certainly not the first time a politician has walked out during a live interview. But what happened next is shocking even to the most jaded observer.
After Stotto returned to his report, Rep. Grimm, a former FBI agent and Marine, suddenly stormed back into the camera frame, whispering a threat to the reporter.
"I will break you in half," he said, reportedly threatening to throw the journalist over a balcony inside the U.S. Congress.
Although the audio is largely muted, NY1 employees say that Grimm said, "Let me be clear to you, you ever do that to me again I'll throw you off this balcony.”
“I just wanted to ask you … it’s a valid question,” Stotto responded.
“No, no,” Grimm said.“You're not man enough, you're not man enough. I'll break you in half. Like a boy."..."

This is what those labelled "conservatives" bring to the table:

Those who ludicrously label themselves "liberals" have a severe problem with the liberal concepts of limited government comprised of three co-equal branches where only the direct representation of the people can write any tax law, to include any tax law associated with retirement accounts, and individual rights, and the right to defend your own individual rights.
In short, so-called "liberals" detest a system that prohibits the establishment of a dictatorship of a self-ordained elite ruling over peasant serfs bound to the land.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
All for the "Emperor with no clothes". 4 min HRC is BHOWithPENIS 9
After hillary choked, what really happened with... 9 min Rose of Tralee 17
What really happened to these Clinton aquaintan... 10 min BodyCountRises 23
abby10-24-16 17 min RACE 3
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min Jacques in Ottawa 227,713
Clinton Body Count 44 min The Female STALIN 15
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2,623
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr CrunchyBacon 103,927

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages