Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1070005 Jan 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
he's white rapper, so what do you expect?
rap music sucks, regardless of color....

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1070006 Jan 28, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
What planet do you live on?
http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/federal_s...
The only reason spending didn't continue increasing at the rate set by the Democrats after 2007 was the TEA Party began to influence Congress in 2010. You remember that year, don't you? That's the year everyone had to get re-elected, and the TEA Party took the House away from the Democrats.
If you noticed, after the so-called "bipartisan" (like there's a difference between Democrats and RINOs) budget gets the increase in government spending back on the suicidal track it was on before the TEA Party kicked everyone's ass.
Tell us again how there was no shutdown!!

Tell us again how there are no subsidies!!

Tell us again of your love for Vladimir Putin!!

Tell us again of your loyalty to the President of Libya.

----------

Then try tellling us you're not a traitor to America.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1070007 Jan 28, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
the same SCOTUS that ruled in Obamacare's favor??
Or the SCOTUS that struck down the Repugnant's 'Defense of Marriage' stupidity??
Or the same SCOTUS that ruled the federal government can confiscate legally grown agricultural products because it may interfere with existing illegal... that's illegal... interstate commerce.

Or the same SCOTUS that ruled the corporation is equal to the human being.

Or the same SCOTUS that ruled the people who wrote ObamaKare were ignorant buffoons and used words they had no clue what the definition was, like "penalty".

and on, and on, and on....

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1070008 Jan 28, 2014
Lcn wrote:
<quoted text>
The Amusement Park is Open
Auntie Carol will lecture from the right wing of the stage.
Reduced price for the Hall of Mirrors "So it's not me who needs to look in the mirror. It's you" LOL
Fortune cookies read "we strive to aspire to a higher standard" given with Weapon of Mass Destruction Aprons.
For the kiddies enter "the search for the missing birth certificate"
Adults only .... Naked Pictures of ....
So you're saying it's okay if Lily continually calls me a hater and a racist and posts that I swing my hammer of hatred at everyone...

....and it's not okay that I defend myself? Or that simply telling the truth without any malice towards anyone personally is your idea of a carnival barker?

Such a disappointment, LCN.

I may be outspoken wanting what's in the best interest of my country and justly criticizing elected officials who don't respect or try to represent all Americans - only the ones who are on their side - but it seems to me this is something you, Lily and I should have in common.

So it actually makes me more sad than angry because I have no idea who you two are. You and she have become more like hijackers of our country rather than just members of the opposing party. You both have absolutely zero tolerance for any opposition to big government and, rather than provide civil debate supporting your reasons for big government, you strike out and try to personally harm and degrade those with a different point of view.

Are you even aware that you're doing that? If so, have you ever stopped and wondered why?

Location hidden

#1070009 Jan 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the league at the corporate level, not the teams....
That makes it ok for the NFL to be tax exempt??

I mean, what's with that??

Are they a religious institution??

So it's ok for rich fatcats to get tax exemption, but don't you dare give a break to America's poor??

You're crazy to defend this. But we knew that.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1070010 Jan 28, 2014
flack wrote:
Here are a few facts to bear in mind when we’re all regaled about Obama’s ‘historic’ presidency at his State of the Union address:
The Number Of Americans That Have Joined The Food Stamp Program Since
Obama Took Office: 19.4 Million.
The Number Of People Unemployed At The End Of Obama’s Fifth Year As
President: 10.4 Million.
The Number Of People Working Part-Time That Would Like To Work Full-Time: 7.8 Million.
The Number Of People That Have Entered Poverty Since 2008: 6.7 Million.
Americans Who Received Cancellation Notices For Their Health Plans
Due To ObamaCare After Obama Promised They Could Keep Their Plans In His 2010 State Of The Union Address: 5 Million.
The Number Of Americans Struggling With Long-Term Unemployment Of 27 Weeks Or Over: 3.9 Million.
The Increase In Americans Struggling With Long-Term Unemployment Since Obama Became President: 1.2 Million.
Construction Jobs (aka “Shovel-Ready Jobs”) Lost Since Obama Took Office: 721,000.
Manufacturing Jobs Lost Since Obama Took Office: 528,000.
The Number Of People That Left The Labor Force In December: 347,000.
The Debt Per Capita For Americans At The End Of 2013:$54,688.
Average Student Debt For A College Graduate:$29,400
The Increase In Debt Per Capita For Americans Since Obama Took Office:$19,661
The Decline In Median House Hold Income Since Obama Became President:$3,827.
Increase In Family Health Care Premiums Under Obama, Despite His Claim
That ObamaCare Would Reduce Premiums During His 2010 State Of The Union
Address (Subsidies Being Irrelevant):$3,671.
The Last Time The Labor Force Participation Rate Was At Its Current level: 1978.
Increase In The Average Price Per Gallon Of Gas Since Obama Took Office: 79%.
The Percent Of Unemployed That Are 18-34 Year Olds: 46%.
Average Number Of Weeks Someone Will Be Unemployed: 37.
Poverty Rate In 2012 – An Increase From 13.2 Percent The Year Before
Obama Became President: 15%.
The Number Of Times Obama Has Pivoted To The Economy: 14.
The Number of New Ideas Expected From Obama’s 2014 State Of The Union
Address: 0.
These are just some of the “fun facts” that come via RNC research, and they are based on government and third-party figures. Historic, huh?
Here's another fun fact.

The worst recession in 80 years, the housing collapse, the near financial meltdown, etc created the unemployment problem, the increase in food stamps, the increase in the poverty rate, the decline in income.

Then you take a low point in the price of gasoline at the end of 2008 as a starting point when any one with a brain, obviously knew that low point was due to the onset of the recession reduction in demand. It is anther example of how pathetic you people are.

But hey, Flack, it doesn't surprise me one bit that a low life scumbag would take the problems produced by the Bush administration & place them onto the current President. My God you people are pathetic.

Location hidden

#1070011 Jan 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Difference being - I like the music of that time because it's a reminder of a different time in our history. And still like some of the same artists for their contribution to the music world during that time. But I don't like many of them having embraced the present day loony liberal ideology because it's a different time now. They haven't been able to keep up or something.
Did it ever occur to you that you're the one who hasn't kept up??

Of course not. FOX reassures you that old white people are the key to the future.

For undertakers, anyway.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1070012 Jan 28, 2014
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>You ignorant! GLB Act is destablizing Bill its bank deregulation bill creating a permissive lending environment without regulatory governance ,introduced free rein predatory Capitalism into market , that often bilk unsuspecting/undereducated borrowers into apply for predatory /fraudelent loans who doesn't understand risk involved .that created this Subprime mess lead to housing and instability in market,! And their are lawsuits worldwide aimed at US for selling of packaged bad loan products of Sumprime loans papers/CMOs ...
DO the research!
read more stupid! Note i have no problem with Capitalism it's predatory capitalism that ruin nation(s). Dam you dumb as hell, do the Research!.
man you an imbecile

Location hidden

#1070013 Jan 28, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I just stare at the photos of Obama "Sr", Frank Marshal Davis, and Obama "Jr". It's obvious Frank Marshal Davis got Ann Dunham pregnant.
Now, another (related) question you run away from:
Did Obama lie when he said he was born in Kenya? Or, did Obama lie when he said he was born in Hawaii?
And, how many times do you think Obama will lie tonight?
your Obama induced insanity is getting worse

Yes, you've obviously got acute schizophrenia blues.

""People with schizophrenia may not make sense when they talk. Sometimes people with schizophrenia seem perfectly fine until they talk about what they are really thinking.""

Fits you perfectly, Dweeb

Orlando, FL

#1070014 Jan 28, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Well said.
Okay, Homer. Seriously? Lily says she's not a race baiter but I'm a racist.

And you say, "Well said"?

Think about that for a minute. If Lily's not a race baiter but still calls anyone a racist who disagrees with her and Obama, what is she then?

“you know i know”

denver

#1070015 Jan 28, 2014
surely our resident christian hater can tell us what these awful christians did that made the muslim terrorists slaughter them in church:

News about Nigerian Church Killings
bing.com/news

[Extremist attacks on Nigerian church, village leave 99 dead - CBC]
Extremist attacks on Nigerian church, village leave 99 dead
CBC · 21 hours ago

The Rev. Raymond Danbouye, a spokesman for the Catholic Diocese of Yola, said dozens of people were killed. Local Chairman Maina Ularamu said official…

Chambersburg, PA

#1070016 Jan 28, 2014
flack wrote:
Here are a few facts to bear in mind when we’re all regaled about Obama’s ‘historic’ presidency at his State of the Union address:
The Number Of Americans That Have Joined The Food Stamp Program Since
Obama Took Office: 19.4 Million.
The Number Of People Unemployed At The End Of Obama’s Fifth Year As
President: 10.4 Million.
The Number Of People Working Part-Time That Would Like To Work Full-Time: 7.8 Million.
The Number Of People That Have Entered Poverty Since 2008: 6.7 Million.
Americans Who Received Cancellation Notices For Their Health Plans
Due To ObamaCare After Obama Promised They Could Keep Their Plans In His 2010 State Of The Union Address: 5 Million.
The Number Of Americans Struggling With Long-Term Unemployment Of 27 Weeks Or Over: 3.9 Million.
The Increase In Americans Struggling With Long-Term Unemployment Since Obama Became President: 1.2 Million.
Construction Jobs (aka “Shovel-Ready Jobs”) Lost Since Obama Took Office: 721,000.
Manufacturing Jobs Lost Since Obama Took Office: 528,000.
The Number Of People That Left The Labor Force In December: 347,000.
The Debt Per Capita For Americans At The End Of 2013:$54,688.
Average Student Debt For A College Graduate:$29,400
The Increase In Debt Per Capita For Americans Since Obama Took Office:$19,661
The Decline In Median House Hold Income Since Obama Became President:$3,827.
Increase In Family Health Care Premiums Under Obama, Despite His Claim
That ObamaCare Would Reduce Premiums During His 2010 State Of The Union
Address (Subsidies Being Irrelevant):$3,671.
The Last Time The Labor Force Participation Rate Was At Its Current level: 1978.
Increase In The Average Price Per Gallon Of Gas Since Obama Took Office: 79%.
The Percent Of Unemployed That Are 18-34 Year Olds: 46%.
Average Number Of Weeks Someone Will Be Unemployed: 37.
Poverty Rate In 2012 – An Increase From 13.2 Percent The Year Before
Obama Became President: 15%.
The Number Of Times Obama Has Pivoted To The Economy: 14.
The Number of New Ideas Expected From Obama’s 2014 State Of The Union
Address: 0.
These are just some of the “fun facts” that come via RNC research, and they are based on government and third-party figures. Historic, huh?
Yet, the Republicans couldn't beat him in an election.

What does that say about the Republican Party?

That they are pathetic whiners?

That no one believes this line of crap other than their feeble minded base?

That intelligent, thinking people know the Republicans were handed the wheel with a balanced budgets & turned it over to the next President with the worst recession in 80 years, a housing collapse, a near financial meltdown, Two quagmire wars & a doubled national debt?

All of the above.

“you know i know”

denver

#1070017 Jan 28, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the *Senate* Report. The Boy Messiah claimed he would hunt down those responsible for murder in Benghazi.
Maybe he was talking about Hillary Hog Thighs and himself?
Maybe Barry spent that missing 4 1/2 hours scouring his bedroom for those responsible? Anything is possible.

Orlando, FL

#1070018 Jan 28, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
No nitwit, you shut up!
In the first video, Benghazi isn't even mentioned. Did it cause outrage and violence in various parts of the Middle East? Yes STUPID! Our embassies were attacked in Cairo, Tunis and Yemen.
In the second video while the anti Muslim video is mentioned it's not in connection to Benghazi.
In the fourth, Benghazi isn't even mentioned.
Only in the third does the President make a connection, but so what? What's your evidence that it wasn't involved Carol? What's your source? The liars at Fox? What's their source? Did they send anyone over to Benghazi to interview witnesses? No, they just kept on pulling stuff from their anal orifices without any evidence whatsoever. Actual evidence suggests otherwise;
At a news conference the day after the ambassador and three other Americans were killed, a spokesman for Ansar al-Shariah who witnesses put responsibility for the attack on, praised the attack as the proper response to such an insult to Islam. "We are saluting our people for this zeal in protecting their religion, to grant victory to the Prophet," the spokesman said. "The response has to be firm."
If you haven't been paying enough attention to know this president and Hillary Clinton blamed a video for Benghazi days and even weeks after they both knew it was a terrorist attack - based on the Senate Intelligence report that recently came out - you need to go convince someone else the sky is green and the grass is blue because I really don't know how to respond to someone who can't see grass or the sky.

It really is people like you who scare the phooey out of me. Thankfully, you're once again in the minority.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1070019 Jan 28, 2014
Lcn wrote:
Jan 28 (Reuters)- President Barack Obama will lay out a strategy for getting around a divided Congress and boosting middle-class prosperity on Tuesday in a State of the Union speech that reflects scaled-back legislative ambitions after a difficult year.
Obama will make clear in his 9 p.m. address that he is willing to bypass U.S. lawmakers and go it alone in some areas by announcing a series of executive actions that do not require congressional approval.
The White House said Obama would announce he is issuing an executive order to raise the minimum wage to $10.10 an hour for federal contract workers with new contracts.
In his address, Obama will also call on Congress to pass a bill to increase the federal minimum wage for all workers to $10.10 an hour from $7.25 and index that to inflation.
The executive order raising the level for federal workers, which applies to new contracts or existing contracts in which terms are being changed, will take effect at the beginning of next year, with janitors and construction workers among the beneficiaries. Issuing the order allows Obama to bypass Congress, where Republicans oppose a broad increase in the minimum wage.
White House officials said Obama would also announce new executive actions on retirement security and job training to help middle-class workers expand economic opportunity.
"What you'll hear in the speech tonight is very concrete, realistic proposals as it relates to wages, as it relates to education, as it relates to training, high-tech manufacturing, retirement security, those are the things that he's focused on," White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough said on NBC's "Today Show."
With three years left in office, Obama has effectively reduced for now his ambitions for grand legislative actions.
Obama is expected to renew his appeal for a long-stalled immigration overhaul that has been stymied by Republicans. He will promote his signature healthcare law, four months after its disastrous initial rollout.
White House officials said the president would try to work with Congress to accomplish his agenda, but would also try to advance it through executive actions if necessary.
"We will continue to call on Congress - both sides of the aisle - to come up with new and fresh ideas for how we can grow our economy and create opportunities for the American people, but we aren't going to stop at that," White House senior advisor Valerie Jarrett said on MSNBC'S "Morning Joe."
Congressional Republicans expressed ...
This is funny-Valerie Jarrett said she is going to continue to call on Congress, both sides of the aisle--that is a long way from "We won, get over it"--and Valeries comment of 'if they didn't support us, they will pay. OMG what a joke it is going to be tonight. You always know when liberals are in trouble, they tell bigger lies.

“you know i know”

denver

#1070020 Jan 28, 2014
angel wrote:
<quoted text>Hah! Teabaggers re-writting History so it fits their alternate dimension fantasy narrative.LMAO!
Sorry dingbat too many of us were like you know actually ALIVE when all this happened.
Sell it to the adle-pated rubes who make up the Koch-ian Mickey Mouse Club called the 'tea Party' Im sure theyd love to hear it.
They REALLY like being told what they want to hear and wont care a bit that your full of shit.
I've told you before to keep your teabagging exploits to yourself, we don't care who is teabagging you, even if it's a relative.

Chambersburg, PA

#1070021 Jan 28, 2014
Rand Paul bringing up the Monica thing as a reason not to elect Hillary.

His wife says Bill shouldn't be allowed back in the White House.

I'd rather have a guy thad had an affair with a consenting adult who, when the last time he lived in the White House, we had a balanced budgets than a sneaky fraud like Rand Paul.

“you know i know”

denver

#1070022 Jan 28, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is President in Ohio and Texas. Glad to see you finally giving him some love.
Barry is a failure from coast to coast and all points in between. Is it possible your welfare check is coated with some drug that affects your intelligence?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1070023 Jan 28, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> So why was the Taliban made the offer of no invasion for turning over Bin Laden?
sounds about as credible as Iran renouncing nuclear weapons if the sanctions are lifted....

“you know i know”

denver

#1070024 Jan 28, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Another right whiner drags out the debunked CRA excuse.
Never been debunked, never been revealed by the WH where Barry was for 4 1/2 hours.

The CRA was merely the start of the demorats malfeasance, criminality, incompetance and coercion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 14 min JOEL 70,583
Dear Abby 11/24/14 15 min PEllen 1
Ask Amy 11/24/14 17 min PEllen 1
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 38 min not a ghost 1,519
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 47 min not a ghost 698
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 52 min not a ghost 4,861
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 58 min Rogue Scholar 05 180,720
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:52 pm PST

Bleacher Report 4:52PM
Takeaways from Bears' Win vs. Bucs