Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 49,194)

Showing posts 983,861 - 983,880 of1,034,226
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1067136
Jan 23, 2014
 

Judged:

6

6

4

Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
So, are you waying that ptbw is you? or one of your socks?
I suggest you do some more research into Australia and it's social welfare systems before you continue to make a fool of yourself.
Here's a start for you:
It’s important to remember that the Australian social security system differs markedly from those in other OECD countries. In Europe, the United States and Japan, social security is financed by contributions from employers and employees, with benefits related to past earnings; this means that higher-income workers receive more generous benefits if they become unemployed or disabled or when they retire. By contrast, Australia’s flat-rate payments are financed from general taxation revenue, and there are no separate social security contributions; benefits are also income-tested or asset-tested, so payments reduce as other resources increase. The rationale for this approach is that it reduces poverty more efficiently by concentrating the available resources on the poor (“helping those most in need”) and minimises adverse incentives by limiting the overall level of spending and taxes.- See more at: http://inside.org.au/how-fair-is-australia%E2...
In your article from CATO; it ways that the drawback is that people are retiring at age 55; this is what happened in Greece. In Australia, if you have a child, the government pays you
$5000 and both parents get maternity/paternity leave. There is socialized medicine; everyone is covered.
A second objective of the welfare state can be described as “taking from the rich to give to the poor”– or what Barr calls the “Robin Hood” motive – and Australia is the strongest example of a country emphasising this approach. Our system relies more heavily on income-testing and directs a higher share of benefits to lower-income groups than any other country in the OECD (and probably in the world). The poorest 20 per cent of the population receives nearly 42 per cent of all the money spent on social security; the richest 20 per cent receives only around 3 per cent. As a result, the poorest fifth receives twelve times as much in social benefits as the richest fifth, while in the United States the poorest get about one and a half times as much as the richest. At the furthest extreme are countries like Greece, where the rich are paid twice as much in benefits as the poorest 20 per cent, and Mexico and Turkey, where the rich receive five to ten times as much as the poor.- See more at: http://inside.org.au/how-fair-is-australia%E2...
What is it with you libtards and your deep seated paranoia?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1067137
Jan 23, 2014
 

Judged:

4

4

4

....the return of 'ole sparky'...

'Virginia moves to allow increased use of electric chair'

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/24527395/virgini...

wait....sparky was in Florida...
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1067138
Jan 23, 2014
 

Judged:

5

5

4

Obama’s press…CNN lays off more than 40 Paparazzi’s I mean, journalists!!

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1067139
Jan 23, 2014
 

Judged:

6

6

4

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
yanking your chain. i know you won't go where i was heading.
as for failure.....in the eyes of the beholder. and as far as i'm concerned no one will ever be as bad as Bush.
Bush will be hard to beat for "worst President ever". He took a budget surplus and turned it into a recession. AND he started an unpaid for and unprovoked war!
To top it off, these right wing morons that voted for him call Obama a failure for rescuing the economy!

"Are you kidding me???????"

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1067140
Jan 23, 2014
 

Judged:

7

6

6

TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why did he go to the UN and blame it on a Video?
This is what Obama said in his address at the United Nations:

"And that is what we saw play out in the last two weeks, where a crude and disgusting video sparked outrage throughout the Muslim world. Now, I have made it clear that the United States government had nothing to do with this video, and I believe its message must be rejected by all who respect our common humanity. It is an insult not only to Muslims, but to America as well."

Just exactly how do you manage to interpret that as blaming the Benghazi attack solely on the video?

Newsflash! No one knows how great a part the video played in feeding the terrorist anger toward America but anyone who thinks it had no effect at all is, IMO, brain dead.

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1067141
Jan 23, 2014
 

Judged:

6

4

3

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot.
Obama blamed the Al Qaeda attack in Benghazi on a spontaneous demonstration resulting from one of a thousand anti-Islam videos on the internet, this particular video didn't even exist when Al Qaeda planned the attack. Don't you even keep up with statements this administration makes? Just how goddam ignorant are you?
You seem to be ignorant of the fact that everyone in the entire country knows the people running this government are pthological liars. Nobody's going to believe anything any "Senate Select Committee" says. Especially when the goddam Prime Minister of Libya who captured 50 Al Qaeda and interrogated them says the complete opposite.
Another Senate committee - another group of pahtological liars. Nobody believes anything they say. Nobody believes THEY believe anything they say.
Here's the facts:
Al Qaeda planned the attacks 6 months before the attack.
Hillary Clinton reduced Stevens' security and cancelled security contracts for Stevens after Al Qaeda planned the attack.
Obama lied for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi.(CNN abruptly changed their story line to match the Obama lie in the hours before the attack in Benghazi began.)
The CIA intelligence report was changed in the White House to match the Obama lie.
Hillary Clinton intentionally lied to Congress, lied to the entire country, and lied to Ty Wood's father after she had watched the video of the entire attack proving there was no spontaneous demonstration in contradition to the Obama lie that said there was.
Bottom line - Obama lied for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi.
You obviously live in a make believe world where repeating the same lies over and over again equates to truth. Seek help.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1067142
Jan 23, 2014
 

Judged:

6

4

4

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Seek help.
The voices in his head tell him he knows more about Benghazi than the bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee that investigated the incident.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1067143
Jan 23, 2014
 

Judged:

4

4

4

forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Total Viewers: 2,020,000
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/06/12/j...
What voter demographic do you think watches the Jerry Springer Show?
old folks. aka FOX viewers.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1067144
Jan 23, 2014
 

Judged:

6

5

5

Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush will be hard to beat for "worst President ever". He took a budget surplus and turned it into a recession. AND he started an unpaid for and unprovoked war!
To top it off, these right wing morons that voted for him call Obama a failure for rescuing the economy!
"Are you kidding me???????"
everything was unfunded. cut taxes and raised spending with nary a penny to compensate.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1067145
Jan 23, 2014
 

Judged:

6

4

4

flack wrote:
<quoted text> What is it with you libtards and your deep seated paranoia?
Right wing cowards are the poster children for paranoia, here's just a few of the boogymen your handlers use to motivate you:
Losing their guns
Illegals
Muslims
Blacks
Socialism (all isms)
Education
Liberals
Science
Terrorists
Media
The President
Democrats
Gays
Atheists
The poor
Arabs
Unions
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1067146
Jan 23, 2014
 

Judged:

5

5

4

forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Marion Berry....
try this....and i've seen rumblings....and since there is no one else....some of the RINOs want Bush to run again.

LMAO

desperation in supposedly serious people can't be seen any other way.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1067147
Jan 23, 2014
 

Judged:

5

5

5

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously live in a make believe world where repeating the same lies over and over again equates to truth. Seek help.
Here's the facts again:

You're an idiot.
Obama blamed the Al Qaeda attack in Benghazi on a spontaneous demonstration resulting from one of a thousand anti-Islam videos on the internet, this particular video didn't even exist when Al Qaeda planned the attack. Don't you even keep up with statements this administration makes? Just how goddam ignorant are you?
You seem to be ignorant of the fact that everyone in the entire country knows the people running this government are pthological liars. Nobody's going to believe anything any "Senate Select Committee" says. Especially when the goddam Prime Minister of Libya who captured 50 Al Qaeda and interrogated them says the complete opposite.
Another Senate committee - another group of pahtological liars. Nobody believes anything they say. Nobody believes THEY believe anything they say.
Here's the facts:
Al Qaeda planned the attacks 6 months before the attack.
Hillary Clinton reduced Stevens' security and cancelled security contracts for Stevens after Al Qaeda planned the attack.
Obama lied for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi.(CNN abruptly changed their story line to match the Obama lie in the hours before the attack in Benghazi began.)
The CIA intelligence report was changed in the White House to match the Obama lie.
Hillary Clinton intentionally lied to Congress, lied to the entire country, and lied to Ty Wood's father after she had watched the video of the entire attack proving there was no spontaneous demonstration in contradition to the Obama lie that said there was.
Bottom line - Obama lied for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1067148
Jan 23, 2014
 

Judged:

4

3

3

forks_make_us_fat wrote:
...Democrats making fun of a man in a wheelchair...
Wendy Davis...supporters?????
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/01/break...
Google 'Scholar'.'metaphor'.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1067149
Jan 23, 2014
 

Judged:

5

5

4

forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Jill Abramson...
says..." "most secretive White House" she has covered....
http://america.aljazeera.com/watch/shows/talk...
The next on will be even more secret no matter which party sits in the oval office.

It's A. the internet forums and blogs and B. the dozen or more political news channels that spend hour after hour responding to the blogs and forums.

When did Topix come along dearie? How about the other aggregators?

How about all the puke sites you spend your life linking here on an anon site with twenty participants if that.

George Bush didn't have to deal with the nonsense.

Frankly, I'm surprised there remains a Washington press corp__no one gives a fk about what they report.

Cept maybe that cute little Kelly O'Donnell.

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1067150
Jan 23, 2014
 

Judged:

7

6

6

Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
The voices in his head tell him he knows more about Benghazi than the bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee that investigated the incident.
There is something seriously wrong with him. He seems completely incapable of assimilating information. He's nothing but a conspiracy theory nut.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1067151
Jan 23, 2014
 

Judged:

4

4

4

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
old folks. aka FOX viewers.
Justin Bieber has 49 million followers on twitter. Probably more now that he roughed up a Miami cop.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1067152
Jan 23, 2014
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
The voices in his head tell him he knows more about Benghazi than the bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee that investigated the incident.
A committee of Democrats and RINOs isn't bipartisan. They're all Democrats.
It's obvious to the entire world this government is run by pathological liars. If a committee comprised of obvious pathological liars says one thing, and the Prime Minister of Libya says the exact opposite, please don't tell us you'd believe the proven pathological liars.
We know you'd pretend to believe them.

Here are the facts again:

Al Qaeda planned the attack 6 months before the attack.
Hillary Clinton reduced Stevens' security and cancelled security contracts for Stevens after Al Qaeda planned the attack.
CNN abruptly changed their story line to match the Obama lie in the hours before the Al Qaeda attack in Benghazi began.
The CIA intelligence report was changed in the White House to match the Obama lie.
Obama lied for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi.
Hillary Clinton lied to Congress, lied to the entire country, and lied to Ty Wood's father after she watched the videos of the Al Qaeda attack in Benghazi that proved the Obama story about some spontaneous demonstration was a lie.

Nobody in the world believes anything this government says. Nobody.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1067153
Jan 23, 2014
 

Judged:

7

7

6

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what Obama said in his address at the United Nations:
"And that is what we saw play out in the last two weeks, where a crude and disgusting video sparked outrage throughout the Muslim world. Now, I have made it clear that the United States government had nothing to do with this video, and I believe its message must be rejected by all who respect our common humanity. It is an insult not only to Muslims, but to America as well."
Just exactly how do you manage to interpret that as blaming the Benghazi attack solely on the video?
Newsflash! No one knows how great a part the video played in feeding the terrorist anger toward America but anyone who thinks it had no effect at all is, IMO, brain dead.
I’m going to make this Real Simple even for a Simpleton to understand…The Video play no part in the Benghazi Attack!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1067154
Jan 23, 2014
 

Judged:

6

4

4

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Justin Bieber has 49 million followers on twitter. Probably more now that he roughed up a Miami cop.
49 million? omg

really puts the FOX ratings in perspective.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1067155
Jan 23, 2014
 

Judged:

6

4

4

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
A committee of Democrats and RINOs isn't bipartisan. They're all Democrats.
It's obvious to the entire world this government is run by pathological liars. If a committee comprised of obvious pathological liars says one thing, and the Prime Minister of Libya says the exact opposite, please don't tell us you'd believe the proven pathological liars.
We know you'd pretend to believe them.
Here are the facts again:
Al Qaeda planned the attack 6 months before the attack.
Hillary Clinton reduced Stevens' security and cancelled security contracts for Stevens after Al Qaeda planned the attack.
CNN abruptly changed their story line to match the Obama lie in the hours before the Al Qaeda attack in Benghazi began.
The CIA intelligence report was changed in the White House to match the Obama lie.
Obama lied for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi.
Hillary Clinton lied to Congress, lied to the entire country, and lied to Ty Wood's father after she watched the videos of the Al Qaeda attack in Benghazi that proved the Obama story about some spontaneous demonstration was a lie.
Nobody in the world believes anything this government says. Nobody.
guessing is not fact.

something about 'citation'.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 983,861 - 983,880 of1,034,226
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

37 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Abby 4-19 5 min Mister Tonka 23
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min OzRitz 43,011
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 18 min cheluzal 96,140
gay (May '13) 33 min anthony23 10
Music Artists A to Z 33 min _Zoey_ 93
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 35 min _Zoey_ 4,031
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr RACE 230
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••