Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1403278 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1070609 Jan 29, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, after i shot down all your ideas as false and showed you to be just making up crap, you should run away...
That's what Carol has done for 5 years.

Post pure lies, then run away from them when challenged.

She'll come back with the same lies within a week.

That's how "Conservative Christians" roll.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1070610 Jan 29, 2014
Kanye West bought off some kid that he assaulted for $250K.

Criminal charges still being considered.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1070611 Jan 29, 2014
RealDave wrote:
In the official Republican Response ( not the ones by the wackos), Ms. Rodgers seemed to ignore that the only health insurance decision government is forcing is that you can no longer choose to be uninsured without paying a penalty.
Other than that, you can choose to buy your insurance where you want.
It took a lot of gall for this woman who had 3 children, one with special needs, under tax payer funded health insurance provided to her as a US Representative as she voted to deny the same coverage to millions of poor & working poor American women. If a poor woman had a child with Down's, would they be able to afford the same care as we provided for Rodgers?
Bingo! It's the same old "well, I've got mine, so screw you" in addition; having a Downs syndrome child would be a pre existing condition. Their alternative to Obamacare eliminates coverage if you have pre existing conditions. She's an idiot.

Location hidden

#1070612 Jan 29, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I've given you this information before. Let's see if it sticks this time.
The failed CRA loans were bundled into traunches, then "sold" to "Special Purpose Vehicles" created in foreign countries by these same companies bundling the traunches to remove the individual failed CRA loans from their books. Then, these same companies "bought" these traunches as a single line item in their books. The individual failed CRA loans were then the possession of the "Special Purpose Vehicle" in that foreign country.
Now that you've been educated on the matter again....
To acquire the information you pretend to have, you have to go to the countries where the "Special Purpose Vehicles" Ben Bernanke referenced in his testimony to Barney Frank's committee were created and convince those governments to force these "Special Purpose Vehicles" to open their books for you to investigate.
The US government was not able to do that.
Please tell us how you were able to convince these governments of these countries to force these "Special Purpose Vehicles" to open their books for you.
You're a liar.
your Obama induced insanity is getting worse

Yes, you've obviously got acute schizophrenia blues.

""People with schizophrenia may not make sense when they talk. Sometimes people with schizophrenia seem perfectly fine until they talk about what they are really thinking.""

Location hidden

#1070613 Jan 29, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I calculate the unemployment at over 17%.
And, you don't recognize using contradictory quotes. You should stop posting here and use your time to become educated.
You can't even count to 17, nitwit!!

""People with schizophrenia may not make sense when they talk. Sometimes people with schizophrenia seem perfectly fine until they talk about what they are really thinking.""
endtimesYTube

Marietta, GA

#1070614 Jan 29, 2014

POPE Francis New Controversy --- BILLIONS to die.

http://youtu.be/bP__nMYqyjo

Location hidden

#1070615 Jan 29, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
<spam>
Obama's STFU speech...
"Whenever I can take steps...."
"Can" - the ability to do so. If nobody is enforcing the Constitution and laws, then Obama can do anything. Obama actually told everyone he is going to violate the Constitution and the law governing FAR. He also told everyone he's going to write his own tax law. Not that long ago, any president that said anything even close to that would have been tarred and feathered on the spot.
Income inequality... three decades - Does your dumb ass think this might be related to the constant and continual decline of our education system for over four decades? When the population becomes increasingly ignorant, the income will increasingly migrate to a smaller percentage of the population. This is a natural economic law, you moron.

Yes, you've obviously got acute schizophrenia blues.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1070616 Jan 29, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
voter intelligence on display...
a little dated...
from the 200 election and Gallup...
"In March, 2000 the Gallup Organization surveyed 1024 Democrats, independents, and Republicans to see how many could identify the two Presidential candidates (Bush and Gore)...."
Percentage of people who knew BOTH NAMES:
Democrats - 68
Republicans - 80
Fried, J.(2008). "Democrats and Republicans: Rhetoric and Reality"
algora publishing : United States, pg 62
lol! Yep.....

"...Another manifestation of this thinking concerns Medicare. The famous quote "keep your government hands off my Medicare" (last couple paragraphs of this Washington Post article) best demonstrates how little many people truly understand about Medicare. Less blatantly, however, many elderly people who think nothing of demanding anything and everything from Medicare are the same people who are opposed to other forms of government-run health insurance, especially Medicaid for the poor. Yet these seniors do not realize that they are getting several-fold more benefits from Medicare than the contributions they have made over their lives (Fried, J (2008). Democrats and Republicans - Rhetoric and Reality: Comparing the Voters in Statistics and Anecdotes. New York, NY, Algora Publishing.)...."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1070617 Jan 29, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you don't know a single Bush executive order. Don't bother looking them up now.
http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/ne...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1070618 Jan 29, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, why is it so cold at the same time on the other half of the world, like Russia?
You wouldn't be one of those global warming nuts, would you?
It's getting warmer because of global warming.
But, it's getting colder because of global warming, too.
Cold in Russia during the winter, hmm let me think...

You do realize they are in the same hemisphere yes?

You sound like you would be making the same mistake as the Germans in WWII and Napoleon before them.

I've stated my case regarding global warming/cooling on many occasions.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1070619 Jan 29, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Doophus...
With all the safety nets you Progressives hand out...no one need work...
http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/...
just wait until even more people figure this out....

and there is no food, no clothing, no energy, no housing......
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1070620 Jan 29, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts About Ex-Im Bank Loans To Support Petrobras's Purchases of Goods and Services Made by American Workers
BACKGROUND:
What is Ex-Im Bank? Ex-Im Bank is an independent federal agency that helps create and maintain U.S. jobs by filling gaps in private export financing at no cost to American taxpayers. The Bank provides a variety of financing mechanisms, including working capital guarantees, export-credit insurance, and financing to help foreign buyers purchase U.S. goods and services.
Ex-Im Bank operates without taxpayer funding and earns revenue that helps reduce the deficit. By charging fees and interest on all loan-related transactions, Ex-Im Bank is self-sustaining and is able to cover all operation costs and potential losses while also producing revenue. The Bank has generated $3.4 billion for U.S. taxpayers over the past five years.
http://www.exim.gov/newsandevents/Facts-About...
not subsidy.
They've brought this Petrobras bs before.

They don't look at how it's financed or care. All they want is to tie it politically.

But that's ok. Like everything else, they're either superficial about their reality when facts are light on their side, or try to bury it deep if it cuts deep.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1070621 Jan 29, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The two states that legalized marijuana are getting together for a ... "super bowl"... in the Garden State.
You can't make this stuff up.)))))
I presented that joke a week ago.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1070622 Jan 29, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I got ten inches of climate on my front yard.
Dumb.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1070623 Jan 29, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
My grandmother smoked L&Ms all her life and died at 89.
Just how long do you clowns want to live? You can't live forever, you know. How much would the medical cost be if my grandmother lived to 100?
Live your life like you want. Die when you should die.
And, we don't need an Obama Death Panel to tell anyone their life isn't funded for the next year because some crackwhore needs an abortion.
And yet, Arizona already has its death panels implemented.

poor baby. you're so lost!!!1
NuculurNUToption

Satellite Beach, FL

#1070624 Jan 29, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You figured out you were lying.
Finally!!
Nice job for a scumbucket like you, Waxman.
"lying"? Did you say, "lying"? LOL ... Barack Hussein Obama: "Lie of the Year" ... an avalanche more in last night's hour-plus running lie-athon! LOL
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1070625 Jan 29, 2014
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>Pssst....under Bush,
the stock market crashed to 8,000 pts.
Under President Obama, the market is at a record high of 16,000 points.
Believe me, Wall St. loves this president and they love a dumbed down
main street which has allowed them to rape and pillage our housing market
and our non-interest paying bank accounts.
Enjoy your bliss, zippy.
zero interest rates is the Obama policy....
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1070626 Jan 29, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I got ten inches of climate on my front yard.
How about the back yard?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1070627 Jan 29, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what Carol has done for 5 years.
Post pure lies, then run away from them when challenged.
She'll come back with the same lies within a week.
That's how "Conservative Christians" roll.
lol! Carol used to play tag in her younger days and could never win.

This is her 'revenge!'
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1070628 Jan 29, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo! It's the same old "well, I've got mine, so screw you" in addition; having a Downs syndrome child would be a pre existing condition. Their alternative to Obamacare eliminates coverage if you have pre existing conditions. She's an idiot.
But will you still be covered for your alcoholism?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 3 min GEORGIA 1,788
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 6 min GEORGIA 2,846
Word (Dec '08) 7 min GEORGIA 6,549
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Dr Phil 219,305
News Thursday was actually a bad day for Trump 15 min Trumping On 10
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 28 min Ize Found 70,825
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 33 min SweLL GirL 9,197
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 37 min PEllen 103,114

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages