Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1405366 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Satellite Beach, FL

#1070385 Jan 28, 2014
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you watch it? You're a sick woman.
Then keep your snockered mug away from your mirror.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1070386 Jan 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Citing executive privilege, President George W. Bush on Wednesday rejected a subpoena for his close adviser Karl Rove to testify to the Senate Judiciary Committee in a probe over fired federal prosecutors.
The committee had subpoenaed Rove to testify at a hearing on Thursday morning in its investigation of the firing last year of nine federal prosecutors, which critics said was prompted by partisan politics.
"Mr. Rove, as an immediate presidential advisor, is immune from compelled congressional testimony about matters that arose during his tenure and that relate to his official duties in that capacity," White House Counsel Fred Fielding wrote in a letter to Senate Judiciary Chairman Patrick Leahy, a Vermont Democrat. Leahy made the letter available to Reuters.
Bush's move sets up a possible court showdown between the White House and Democratic lawmakers, who have also sought to force other Bush aides to testify and demanded documents it says the White House is not releasing.
Democrats say the firings may have been intended to influence investigations of Democratic or Republican lawmakers.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/gover...
wanna explain your hypocrisy?
Barry Bloviator's hypocrisy is the subject, pay attention.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1070387 Jan 28, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you say " getting around a divided Congress and boosting middle-class prosperity on Tuesday..."???
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...
He also said he would cut the deficit in half during his first year in office. He also said that if you like your doctor....that Benghazi was the result of a viral anti-Muslim video....
He'd also like to sell you a real live Unicorn with an embroidered saddle for little girls....
Funny that Obama spent the last five years building a wall to divide Congress but can't figure out for the life of him why Congress is divided.

LCN probably knows why. We'll ask him. He'll probably say it's because the Democrats welcomed the Republicans input on writing a major health care reform that would affect all of us and made sure enough of them were on board without having to make back room deals with even moderate Democrats just to get it passed on a strict party line.

He'll think that's the right answer though. Maybe we should ask someone else.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1070388 Jan 28, 2014
Top five things Republicans hated in the State of the Union speech

There's nothing like watching the applause lines in a State of the Union speech to see what brings members of Congress to their feet.

So, what made Democrats stand and cheer while Republicans sat on their hands? In no particular order:

Ending poverty.
Equal pay for equal work.
Affordable health care for all Americans.
Raising the minimum wage.
Ending war.

What else?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/01/28/1273...

“you know i know”

denver

#1070389 Jan 28, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. You are too stupid to realize that there is a difference between Executive Privilege and Executive Orders.
Obama has used Executive PRIVILEGE only once and that was to protect ongoing Justice Department criminal investigations. Unlike Bush who used Executive PRIVILEGE to protect himself.
FACT: George W. Bush issued 291 executive ORDERS during his eight years in office.
FACT: To date, despite an uncompromising Congress, Obama has issued 168 executive ORDERS. Three less than George Bush at this same time in his presidency.
http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/exec...
I was just quoting the hypocrite Barry, blame him.

Bush never THREATENED America like Barry did.

Wise up.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1070390 Jan 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
My opinion exactly. Down to the last word. We must be on the same psychic/cosmic wavelength. What color are you thinking of right now?
Green. I envy your insight:>

Orlando, FL

#1070391 Jan 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
SOTU is a fantasy, disconnected from reality, and a massive waste of time....
He also fudged on the number of Obamacare sign ups. But telling stories is getting easier for him. He also forgot to mention how many haven't signed up who he expected would pay for it.

But ask any liberal...it's all good.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1070392 Jan 28, 2014
Cathy McMorris Rodgers Completely Bombs Delivering The GOP’s SOTU Response

Tuesday evening, Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA) was tabbed by the Republican Party to deliver their official response to President Obama’s State of the Union address. Typically, this honor is given to what would be considered the opposing political party’s rising star. For instance, last year Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) delivered the GOP’s response last year, delivering a performance that was ridiculed nationwide and made Republicans question whether he was ready for prime-time. In 2011, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) delivered the response and would later become the party’s nominee for Vice-President.

Meanwhile, Rodgers would hardly be considered a well-known, national entity. While she is considered the highest ranking female in the party due to her being Chair of the House Republican Conference, she is barely known by anyone but her own constituents and political insiders. It would seem that Republicans wanted a woman to deliver this response to try to convince the average voter watching that they are not waging a continuous ‘War on Women.’

I am just going to out and out say it. Cathy McMorris Rodgers was TERRIBLE. It was just about impossible to take her seriously during the entire address. It was almost entirely due to her delivery. We all knew what she would be discussing. It was going to be a by-the-numbers Republican refutation of everything that the President stands for, and that is exactly what we got. Discussion of free market solutions,‘compassionate conservatism’, more lies about the ACA, lower taxes, less regulations and smaller government.

It wasn’t the anecdotes about Obamacare cancellation notices or the insertion of religion towards the end of her address that made it bad, because those things were expected from a Republican response to the SOTU. No, it was her delivery. It came across as a mix of a kindergarten teacher doing story time with her kids and a tour guide who feels she needs to speak slowly and loudly for the foreign tourists. It was jarring and made one wonder what the GOP was thinking when they decided on her to offer their rebuttal.

This will mark the second year in a row where the official GOP response to the President’s State of the Union will be slammed by media critics and pundits. It will be tough to decide which one was worse. Do you go with Rubio’s dying thirst and continuous drinking of water during his speech? Or McMorris Rodgers speaking to America like we’re all a bunch of six-year olds?

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/01/28/cathy-...
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Satellite Beach, FL

#1070393 Jan 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
That's why Obama won "Lie of the Year".

Orlando, FL

#1070394 Jan 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
the lib sites are quite surprised. and very pleased.
He could have read the same speech from 2009. You'd still be as pleased as punch. In fact, I think he DID read the same speech from 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.

But tell shinning it's all good. I told him to ask any liberal. So go ahead. Tell him.

“you know i know”

denver

#1070395 Jan 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, my eyeballs didn't roll even once. Not sure what that means. The first time in five years that didn't happen whenever this president opened his mouth to speak.
Maybe it was just boring. But I switched channels halfway through it to watch House Hunters. That's never happened before either..switching channels during a SOTU.
Hmmm...must be boredom.
Terrence "Pot Roast" Knight sitting on my chest couldn't have made me suffer thru it.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1070396 Jan 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, my eyeballs didn't roll even once. Not sure what that means. The first time in five years that didn't happen whenever this president opened his mouth to speak.
Maybe it was just boring. But I switched channels halfway through it to watch House Hunters. That's never happened before either..switching channels during a SOTU.
Hmmm...must be boredom.
judging from your previous posts i would guess more at short attention span due to low intelligence....

perhaps not rotting your brain on bad TV would help....

St. Croix valley

#1070397 Jan 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Barry Bloviator's hypocrisy is the subject, pay attention.
what hypocrisy is that?

“you know i know”

denver

#1070398 Jan 28, 2014
5 unmet promises of President Obama - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO ...
www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/82429.html... ;
Politico
Oct 16, 2012 - President Barack Obama swept into office in 2009 with the strongest electoral ... Four years later, many pledges from his campaign and early ...

Lapeer, MI

#1070399 Jan 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
How did the rest of your fellow mental patients like it?
Lily is the dead worm at the bottom of the vodka bottle.

She mistakenly watched Arsenio Hall rubbing his crotch during his monologue and got excited about the Magic Negro instead.

“you know i know”

denver

#1070400 Jan 28, 2014
Press Release - The Obama Record: Unmet Goals and Unfulfilled ...
www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/... ;
University of California, S...
President Obama, In February 2009: "Today I'm Pledging To Cut The Deficit We ... In 2008, Candidate Obama Promised To "Provide Economic Security For ...

Good old Mitt, we could have used him , maybe we'd all be doing as well as Wisconsin

I actually think it will be interesting to listen to the President tonight. What I'd like him to do is report on his promises, but there are forgotten promises and forgotten people. Over the last four years, the President has said that he was going to create jobs for the American people and that hasn't happened. He said he would cut the deficit in half and that hasn't happened. He said that incomes would rise and instead incomes have gone down. And I think this is a time not for him not to start restating new promises, but to report on the promises he made. I think he wants a promises reset. We want a report on the promises he made.

Where's the jobs, Barry?

St. Croix valley

#1070401 Jan 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny that Obama spent the last five years building a wall to divide Congress but can't figure out for the life of him why Congress is divided.
LCN probably knows why. We'll ask him. He'll probably say it's because the Democrats welcomed the Republicans input on writing a major health care reform that would affect all of us and made sure enough of them were on board without having to make back room deals with even moderate Democrats just to get it passed on a strict party line.
He'll think that's the right answer though. Maybe we should ask someone else.
really? t how did he build that wall? please give specific examples...

i do remember most of the republican members of the house signing a pledge to do everything they could to make Obama fail...and i suppose you don't call that building a wall of divisiveness?

reality is fun!

Lapeer, MI

#1070402 Jan 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
At least he's running out of steam. And didn't say much to reassure Democrats up for reelection they have a better chance.
That's a positive thing. The silver lining, as it were.
But he didn't mention killing small businesses and killing jobs and didn't have a thing to say about the number of college graduates who are working jobs they didn't need a college education for after spending all that money they can't pay back.
But ask any liberal...it's all good.
Confused American viewer: "The SOTU speech was a crock of sh it!"

Debbie Wasserman-Schultz: "But it was GOOD shit! That makes all the difference in the world!"

Orlando, FL

#1070403 Jan 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Once gone forward it's very hard to go back.
so what happened to all the talk in Congress of repealing the ACA?
But you're so wrong. It's very easy to go back. Or, even better, look ahead. We just have to get rid of Obama and the Senate Democrats first.

Are you old enough to remember the "malaise" that spread across the country during the Carter administration and an even worse recession?

Seemed like we could never go back then too. But Reagan managed to look ahead. We didn't have to go back or look back.

The Republicans had one shot to take a strong stand against the ACA. They took it. Now they can only stand back and watch its demise. And remind America they tried to warn us.
During an election year

St. Croix valley

#1070404 Jan 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just quoting the hypocrite Barry, blame him.
Bush never THREATENED America like Barry did.
Wise up.
how did Obama threaten the US?

you are getting way, way over your pay grade by parroting this obvious bullshit, dear...you are heading for making a total ass of yourself. it would be best if you just admitted now that you don't really know what you are talking about or just ran away...just a friendly warning...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 14 min GEORGIA 1,810
Al Sharpton 23 min STARfukinDeleting 6
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 24 min GEORGIA 2,866
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 25 min SweLL GirL 9,224
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min Hill4me 219,666
Word (Dec '08) 26 min GEORGIA 6,568
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 27 min By The Seashore 103,151

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages