Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1483966 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1070424 Jan 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
This president is just becoming tedious and his visions of grandeur on top of his disconnect seems pointless.
Here are what I like to call reality pills:
Pill #1: Obama is not going to end poverty. Only those impoverished can end their own poverty.
Pill #2: Obama is not going to change equal pay for equal work because these laws already exist.
Pill #3: Obama is not making health care affordable. Or accessible.
Pill #4: Obama can't raise the minimum wage without Congress' assent. It has to be done smartly and gradually or it could disrupt the small percentage of the workforce getting minimum wage.
Pill #5: Obama might want to think he can end wars but our enemies may not agree.
Take them with lots of water and then lie down to digest them.
your response is all right wing propaganda. and i have no wish to suffer the side effects that taking those pills would bring on. just look at you.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1070425 Jan 28, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
This all reminds me of that all-encompassing line in Cool Hand Luke where the prison warden says "What we have here is a failure to communicate".
...upon which Luke later on repeats mockingly from an open upstairs window to the surrounding squad cars, cops and that same warden. And then they shoot him dead.
I am mocking that White House SOB as I write this. Take you best shot, Azzhole.
That movie was so depressing I could never watch it again.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1070426 Jan 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
This president is just becoming tedious and his visions of grandeur on top of his disconnect seems pointless.
Here are what I like to call reality pills:
Pill #1: Obama is not going to end poverty. Only those impoverished can end their own poverty.
Pill #2: Obama is not going to change equal pay for equal work because these laws already exist.
Pill #3: Obama is not making health care affordable. Or accessible.
Pill #4: Obama can't raise the minimum wage without Congress' assent. It has to be done smartly and gradually or it could disrupt the small percentage of the workforce getting minimum wage.
Pill #5: Obama might want to think he can end wars but our enemies may not agree.
Take them with lots of water and then lie down to digest them.
Didn't we end poverty under LBJ ? If the $20 trillion we've already spent didn't end it, nothing will. Of course there will always be poor people and always be rich people, the motivated and ambitious strive to be rich, not poor.

Why do clueless libs think someone, somewhere, somehow owe anybody a good paying job? Why don't rich, hypocritical libs that support Barry give the poor great paying jobs?

This country and capitalism have created more wealth for more people than any country in history, however you have to do something to get it.

How many people could Gates and Buffet hire to cut their grass, shovel their snow, wash their dishes? They're Barry Bongo supporters.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1070427 Jan 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, he first announced that he won which meant being a leader to both sides was out of the question. He then told Republicans to be quiet and get out of the way. The Democrats did not want to hear any Republican input legislating a major health care overhaul and Obama seemed perfectly happy leaving them out too.
And then, of course, he wanted to "reward his friends" and "punish his enemies". He promptly began demonizing Republicans after politically posturing to find ways to blame them for his own policies that failed.
Let's see...he said "sic" to the IRS on tea party individuals and organizations.
Oh, and announced emphatically that he would NOT negotiate and then blamed Republicans for not negotiating.
Then there was the sequester that he came up with and signed and went all over the country proclaiming doom and gloom if those evil Republicans didn't give him what he wanted - and then blamed them for the sequester and shut down because they wouldn't.
I'm sure I left out a whole bunch of things. But you probably get the general idea.
wow! tyou live in a total fantasy land and are not above posting outright lies, are you? good to know...
how does admitting the fact that he won an election mean ruling for "both sides" is out? it seems you thinking of us as both sides, shows you are the divisive one.(in fact, in all his speechesa fter the election, he spoke of governing for all americans...sorry dear,t eh facts show you to be proven liar.)
in fact, obama repeatedly asked for republican input into the health care reform our nation called for in the election of 08...facts are fun!
a blatent lie about obama ordering the IRS to do anything?!? really?!? is there any point in going on,. lois dear? you have shown your self to be an outright liar, sadly misinformed on the facts and ready to parrot any partisan crap your puppet masters tell you to...
we have a name for ladies who do the bidding you do...it is not a flattering name, but you are not a lady who should be flattered. or really a lady at all, by the definition of that word.

St. Croix valley

#1070428 Jan 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just jealous.
that you are so easily proven wrong, a liar and a woman that will do the bidding of anyone for the right price? no, not jealous at all.

i pity you.

“you know i know”

denver

#1070429 Jan 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a stretch to believe Obama created the wall between Congress just to blame the gridlock on having no choice but to decree his will on us using his pen and phone. It's a pretty easy stretch for me personally. You too?
But of course my good woman. Barry is all talk. He's had 5 years to do what he proposed tonight.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1070430 Jan 28, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I did not hear one liberal commentator say anything bad about her. I suppose they will make up something by morning--I am sure you will keep us posted. They did do polls though on NBC after the O'bama Coup and only 27% of those polled said the country was going in the right direction--the other 70% said it is not. Guess O'bama did a stinking job trying to lie his way through. But you can post up the polls right away tomorrow and tell us. If you people think you are six year olds that is your problem.
it's already started.

Ann Coulter Pans GOP Response:‘Republicans Have Got to Stop Hiring Speech Coaches’

Continuing her trend of bashing the Republican Party for many of its decisions, conservative author Ann Coulter expressed frustration Tuesday night with Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodger‘s (R-WA) response speech, blasting it as overly-coached.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/ann-coulter-pa...

it sounded like she was talking like a 6 year old.

“you know i know”

denver

#1070431 Jan 28, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> how did Obama threaten the US?
you are getting way, way over your pay grade by parroting this obvious bullshit, dear...you are heading for making a total ass of yourself. it would be best if you just admitted now that you don't really know what you are talking about or just ran away...just a friendly warning...
I've been here for years, not going anywhere, dearie.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1070432 Jan 28, 2014
It must be like drinking poison listening to Obama's State of the Union address. All those achievements despite dealing with a congress who can't even pass the time of day let alone a bill. It must be heartbreaking seeing your make believe world fall apart. Growth up, Unemployment down, Wars over, Oil dependence finished, graduations up. It's just all bad news for you ringers.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1070433 Jan 28, 2014
Rep. Michael Grimm (R-NY) "physically" threatened a reporter for NY1 News after the reporter began to question the congressman about a federal investigation into his campaign contributions, according to the station.

"I'm not talking about anything that's off topic. This is only about the President's speech," Grimm said to the reporter in the Capitol as he began to ask the congressman about allegations that a fundraiser illegally funneled money to Grimm's campaign.

Grimm walked away from reporter. After the reporter said on camera that Grimm refused to talk about the charges, Grimm can be seen walking back into view, moving physically close to the reporter.

Most of the scene takes place off camera, and the dialogue is mostly inaudible.

According to NY1 political director Bob Hardt, Grimm told the reporter, "I will break you in half."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/grimm-t...

“you know i know”

denver

#1070434 Jan 28, 2014
Read and learn boys and girls:

"Despite the fact that Obama campaigned on the platform of eliminating abuse of executive powers which occurred under Bush, he is on course to pass more executive orders than Bush did during his eight years in the White House."

"[efoods]During a May 2008 campaign event in Colorado, Obama promised to “not use signing statements as a way of doing an end run around Congress,” and yet the administration’s announcement that they will use not merely signing statements, but wholesale Executive Orders, as a means of enforcing what Congress refuses to pass, is exactly that – an end run around the Constitution."

I call this hypocrisy, where am I going wrong?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1070435 Jan 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, her message of hope and lifting people up by inspiring them and encouraging them and reminding them that their dignity and self-worth matters more than their dependency on government was horrible...simply horrible.
she blew up the message with the delivery. kind of like needing to incessantly drink water while making a speech.

so what does everyone remember about Rubio's response last year? the bottle of water.

“you know i know”

denver

#1070436 Jan 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
your response is all right wing propaganda. and i have no wish to suffer the side effects that taking those pills would bring on. just look at you.
Rubbish, it was all true.

Wise up, dummy

Orlando, FL

#1070437 Jan 28, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> how did Obama threaten the US?
you are getting way, way over your pay grade by parroting this obvious bullshit, dear...you are heading for making a total ass of yourself. it would be best if you just admitted now that you don't really know what you are talking about or just ran away...just a friendly warning...
"If you don't buy into Obamacare, I and the IRS will punish you." That's almost like a threat.

He says to Congress, "Don't make me take my pen and phone and turn this country around if you don't cave into my every whim because I refuse to negotiate or compromise on any of my visions of grandeur." More like a parental threat but still a threat. But Obama likes to think of himself as a parent. He knows what's best and has to put his foot down sometimes..

Unfortunately, he's the leader of a two-party system of government. He doesn't do as well as a team player.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1070438 Jan 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
if public schools cleaned up their act, fired the dead wood, and demanded performance from both teachers and students...then there would be little need for school vouchers, charter schools, and the like...
just like any other business, incompetent, lazy, and indifferent employees need to be fired...
Charter schools are a joke. Who the heck believes that all the kids that go to them suddenly become brilliant? Really?

Orlando, FL

#1070439 Jan 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it's already started.
Ann Coulter Pans GOP Response:‘Republicans Have Got to Stop Hiring Speech Coaches’
Continuing her trend of bashing the Republican Party for many of its decisions, conservative author Ann Coulter expressed frustration Tuesday night with Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodger‘s (R-WA) response speech, blasting it as overly-coached.
http://www.mediaite.com/online/ann-coulter-pa...
it sounded like she was talking like a 6 year old.
It's very difficult to follow any SOTU. I recall a few Democrats looking a little piqued and sweaty following most of Reagan's SOTU. But it's understandable. Everyone understands what a difficult spot that is to be in. Her speech will soon be forgotten. Like all the rest.

Location hidden

#1070440 Jan 28, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Liberals think charity is spending tax payer money.
Yeah.

"I can remember way back when a liberal was one who was generous with his own money." ~ Will Rogers
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1070441 Jan 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
Read and learn boys and girls:
"Despite the fact that Obama campaigned on the platform of eliminating abuse of executive powers which occurred under Bush, he is on course to pass more executive orders than Bush did during his eight years in the White House."
"[efoods]During a May 2008 campaign event in Colorado, Obama promised to “not use signing statements as a way of doing an end run around Congress,” and yet the administration’s announcement that they will use not merely signing statements, but wholesale Executive Orders, as a means of enforcing what Congress refuses to pass, is exactly that – an end run around the Constitution."
I call this hypocrisy, where am I going wrong?
so you think Obama will get to 291?

Location hidden

#1070442 Jan 28, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Is intentionally destroying the United States economy considered a Weapon of Mass destruction?
I think that we have reached a point where any retaliation on the part of the people should be considered as "reasonable force" employed during an act of self defense.

St. Croix valley

#1070443 Jan 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
"If you don't buy into Obamacare, I and the IRS will punish you." That's almost like a threat.
He says to Congress, "Don't make me take my pen and phone and turn this country around if you don't cave into my every whim because I refuse to negotiate or compromise on any of my visions of grandeur." More like a parental threat but still a threat. But Obama likes to think of himself as a parent. He knows what's best and has to put his foot down sometimes..
Unfortunately, he's the leader of a two-party system of government. He doesn't do as well as a team player.
no, neither of these are threats to americans...

you are really lame...

try to find smarter people to parrot. the ones using you like a gutter waif are pretty sad....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Wooden Girl" a bit Weird 17 min Gotta Luv Her 2
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 32 min Dr Guru 234,664
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 2,192
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 62,986
News Shootings, homicides in Chicago both higher tha... 7 hr former democrat 2
Meryl Streep is a worthless know nothing bitch. 8 hr Go Blue Forever 13
Sexy milf next door 10 hr Helen 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages