Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1783800 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1070683 Jan 29, 2014
John Galt wrote:
Kanye West bought off some kid that he assaulted for $250K.
Criminal charges still being considered.
"Americans need to do some soul searching about how they treat black boys"

--- Magic Negro

Lock your car doors when they pass by.

And CCW.
TheIndependentMa jority

Twinsburg, OH

#1070684 Jan 29, 2014
John Galt wrote:
another sign that the the "economy is on fire", to quote our pal Realtime...
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/01/28/big-ga...
Huh...dat mutt be why mrs O invited our guvner to the SOTU...so's he could be reminded off that--as he looks at the record HIGH JOBLESS numbers every day.
Gaw.
Ugh.
Blah blah blah.
GO CHRISTIE 2016!
Actual Working class leadership FOR working class America-not divide, DRAIN and WHINE against it!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1070685 Jan 29, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
you people who insist on living in cold climates where excessive amounts of energy are wasted staying warm are prime contributors to excessive energy usage....
times to vacate unlivable areas like the Northeast....
Dumb.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1070686 Jan 29, 2014
...know who is standing next to you in the voting booth...

from Gallup...

{no year listed}

"Among Democrats and Republicans not gamely employed, Democrats are about twice as likely to say they are disabled"

Fried, J.(2008). "Democrats and Republicans: Rhetoric and Reality"
algora publishing : United States, pg 23

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1070687 Jan 29, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
you people who insist on living in cold climates where excessive amounts of energy are wasted staying warm are prime contributors to excessive energy usage....
i heat with wood and use solar for electricity in the winter...

you AC freaks should evacuate the south...('cept no one else wants you...)
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1070688 Jan 29, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I have nothing to defend. The state of the union, under Obama style communism, is a self evident confirmation of my principles. Your defense is Obama's defense, Bush, Rush and FOX. You're pathetic, Obama's pathetic. Period.
lol! And so... bushie boy is the example of an 'exceptionally' gifted conservative!

I love this comedy channel!
TheIndependentMa jority

Twinsburg, OH

#1070689 Jan 29, 2014
TSM wrote:
Was anyone Inspired by Obama’s SOTU speech?
Uncle Joe had a nice smile as USUAL, bless his heart !

Since: May 11

New Oxford, PA

#1070690 Jan 29, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
Well, now I have to re-post this one again.
OBAMA: "We'll need Congress to protect more than 3 million jobs by finishing transportation and waterways bills this summer. But I will act on my own to slash bureaucracy and streamline the permitting process for key projects, so we can get more construction workers on the job as fast as possible."
THE FACTS: Cutting rules and regulations doesn't address what's holding up most transportation projects, which is lack of money.
The number of projects affected by the administration's efforts to cut red tape is relatively small. And the problem is we don't have enough money to invest in our infrastructure in the first place.
(This was MSN's fact checking...not Fox's.)
Didn't Obama promise the same infrastructure investments five years ago?
If it didn't go anywhere then, why did he bring it up again now? Especially since there's less money because he's spiked the deficit off the charts.
It probably sounds like music to liberals' ears and they like that song. He should have sung it like Al Green.
Carol falls back to blaming the recession on Obama.

Carol is too f*cking stupid to know that when Obama said he would ease the permitting problem it was because that is what he can do without Congress.

If Carol wants money for infrastructure, she should talk to Republicans that either block that funding or tie it to repealing the ACA.

Carol is full of sh*t as usual.
TheIndependentMa jority

Twinsburg, OH

#1070691 Jan 29, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Nah, it's winter in PA, it's cold, same as last year and the year before and the year before... If I get a chill I light one of the fireplaces.
SOMe of these skewl districts' gonna be mo' concerned with air conditioning prices...from all this cold as not usual... this year ..HOMER.

(you been playing with the HAARP recievers again Homer???)

St. Croix valley

#1070692 Jan 29, 2014
TSM wrote:
has anyone been inspired by any SOTU speech? is that what it is for?
TheIndependentMa jority

Twinsburg, OH

#1070693 Jan 29, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
And don't be showing Homer any buttons to push...just sit down and behave yourself for a CHANGE...Galt.

What color yew hair? See if there's any similar samples currently on the totem poles...

St. Croix valley

#1070694 Jan 29, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Even when you point out very liberal institutions such as the University of California Berkley having done a study proving the rich have gotten richer in the past five years and the poor have gotten poorer, it still doesn't compute with other liberals.
Obama created an even wider gap between income inequality all by himself. Probably why he changed the talking point phrase to "opportunity gap".
But since PDupont can't admit the grass is green and the sky is blue, it's virtually impossible to convince him and other liberals to believe unpleasant facts about this president. It's like deprogramming a computer that has stored all the wrong information. Very difficult to do.
how did he do that all by himself? please cite specific examples...

i see you are still not above tossing out total bullshit...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1070695 Jan 29, 2014
Obama promised the same infrastructure investments five years ago.

Even MSN knows it didn't go anywhere and we have less money now than we did then.

So why doesn't Obama know this too?

It's kind of sad - and embarrassing - he's going back to the same old broken promise he made five years ago just because it sounded good to liberals back then too.

He HAS to be hoping they're still in an Obama-induced coma - or they really are as stupid as he wants to believe.

Because there's no other reason he would do that. Even MSN isn't buying it anymore.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1070696 Jan 29, 2014
Arte Z wrote:
<quoted text>Of course. Because leftwingers are doing great. There's plenty of well-paying jobs for them, they had no problems signing up for ObamaCare on the website and found out their annual premiums have gone down and they can keep their doctors and still go to the best local hospitals for care. They don't lose any sleep worrying whether Iran will go nuclear, or whether terrorists will easily waltz across an unguarded southern border and release a dirty bomb in their city. They've never been the victims of that gang violence, the Knockout Game, muggings or failing schools that rightwingers whine about. Their neighborhoods are so safe that the police don't even bother to report to work, because they'll be bored. And any time they feel the "urge," they can get free birth control or abortions, or bountiful foodstamps and generous unquestioned, unlimited welfare benefits if they prefer not to take one of those well-paying jobs. Its Utopia.
ok, good to know
ptbw forever

Georgetown, IN

#1070697 Jan 29, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
This is worth saying again.
Obama's STFU speech reminded me of a line from Dennis Hopper in the movie "Water World":
"I don't have a goddamn clue. Don't worry, they'll row for a month before they figure out I'm fakin' it."
That is literally what progressivism is. Idiots who declare they are moving the country forward without knowing which direction forward actually is.

Lapeer, MI

#1070698 Jan 29, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Uncle Joe had a nice smile as USUAL, bless his heart !
Funny you mention it. I think a lot of people were staring past the Magic Negro to Biden waiting for another one of his bizarre displays.

That smile made him look like he was sitting on a naked Gerbil.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1070699 Jan 29, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Watch GOP Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers COMPLETELY BOTCH the SOTU Response
more of the DemoKKKrat war on straight white women.....

only blacks and lesbians need apply....

Lapeer, MI

#1070700 Jan 29, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
Obama promised the same infrastructure investments five years ago.
Even MSN knows it didn't go anywhere and we have less money now than we did then.
So why doesn't Obama know this too?
It's kind of sad - and embarrassing - he's going back to the same old broken promise he made five years ago just because it sounded good to liberals back then too.
He HAS to be hoping they're still in an Obama-induced coma - or they really are as stupid as he wants to believe.
Because there's no other reason he would do that. Even MSN isn't buying it anymore.
I have a strong suspicion that people across the globe are snickering at the azzhole.

He's a one-trick pony and folks are getting bored with it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1070701 Jan 29, 2014
TSM wrote:
did anybody watch???...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1070702 Jan 29, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh...dat mutt be why mrs O invited our guvner to the SOTU...so's he could be reminded off that--as he looks at the record HIGH JOBLESS numbers every day.
Gaw.
Ugh.
Blah blah blah.
GO CHRISTIE 2016!
Actual Working class leadership FOR working class America-not divide, DRAIN and WHINE against it!
tic

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Slowik: Blue Island mayor faces intense critici... 20 min Oete 115
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 21 min MPMMB 3,925
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 44 min loose cannon 243,601
Trump is A (Oct '17) 8 hr MPMMB 888
last post wins! (Apr '13) 11 hr The real Rudy 2,874
Change one letter in the word (Apr '12) 11 hr The real Rudy 141
Lonnie Montgomery 13 hr Smith 1

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages