Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1496606 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1070120 Jan 28, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
your Obama induced insanity is getting worse
Yes, you've obviously got acute schizophrenia blues.
""People with schizophrenia may not make sense when they talk. Sometimes people with schizophrenia seem perfectly fine until they talk about what they are really thinking.""
Fits you perfectly, Dweeb
Please keep repeating it! Perhaps, eventually, it will sink in and he will get the help he so desperately needs.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1070122 Jan 28, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That's some really funny chit babe.
We're in the best place possible after the near collapse of the nation after eight years of Republicon leadership.
I for one am amazed at how quickly Obama has been able to steer the nation back on course in but 5 years. I thought it would take a decade or more to wash the taste of the neoconservative sht out of our mouths.
How's that house hunting going babe? Sounds like you waited to long eh? Hubs doesn't earn enough to qualify for the 2nd bath and garage?
Too bad so sad.
the economy is still in the crapper and will be when the tyrant Obama leaves office....

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1070123 Jan 28, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Nice to see you LOL at people who lost their doctors, I don't blame you for laughing at all the idiots that wanted O'bama care--they were stupid and ignorant. They happen to be you and the party of Democrats--no one but Democrats caused these problems. I wonder if O'bama will be talking about his O'bamacare tonight--I can hardly wait.
Guess you haven't been paying attention. Despite all the whining and crying from the reich, the Affordable Care Act has a firm footing on the road success. Go cry in your Borscht.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1070124 Jan 28, 2014
By Jean Merl

January 28, 2014, 11:16 a.m.

A Los Angeles jury on Tuesday convicted state Sen. Roderick D. Wright on all eight counts in his perjury and voter fraud trial.

The Inglewood Democrat was indicted by a Los Angeles County grand jury in September 2010. He had pleaded not guilty and said he thought he had been following the law in 2007 when he took steps to run for the seat he has held since late 2008.

In a trial that began Jan. 8, prosecutors accused Wright of faking a move to a rental property he owned in Inglewood so he could run in what was then the 25th Senate District.

They accused him of lying on voter registration and candidacy documents and of casting ballots in five elections he was not entitled to vote in from the Inglewood address.

Prosecutors said Wright actually lived in a more spacious single-family home in upscale Baldwin Hills. He bought the house in 2000, but it was in another district.

Wright, 61, said he bought the Baldwin Hills home in part to use its top floor as an office and never intended it as his primary residence.

He said he believed he was following the law when he registered to vote and did other things to make the Inglewood property his legal residence. He arranged to have a "dwelling place" in a house at the back of the apartment building with his common-law stepmother and longtime tenant, Wanda Sanders.

He moved in some clothing and personal items, according to trial evidence and testimony. Wright said he thought he was on solid legal ground and never intended to deceive voters.

His defense attorney, Winston Kevin McKesson, told jurors the law was murky and called his client and friend "a compassionate man" and a "dedicated public servant." He accused the district attorney's public integrity division of lying and conducting a "sloppy" investigation.

The nine-woman, three-man jury began its deliberations Friday.

Wright, who has been active in politics since his college days, was an aide to various elected officials and worked on several campaigns before being elected to the California Assembly in 1996. He left in 2002 due to term limits and worked as a consultant until he ran for the Senate seat.

http://www.latimes.com/local/political/la-me-...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1070125 Jan 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, Homer. Seriously? Lily says she's not a race baiter but I'm a racist.
And you say, "Well said"?
Think about that for a minute. If Lily's not a race baiter but still calls anyone a racist who disagrees with her and Obama, what is she then?
You've all but said he's an illegitimate President. You've said he's the 'wrong' black. You've joined the birfers. You joined up with Donald Trump. You've question who his parents really are.

Why would that matter to anyone other than a racist, Carol?? The black man as evil?? An old American Southern prejudice, you learned as a child.

Demeaning a man in such a crude way, questioning who his father is?? Posting pictures and actively speculating, as if you're some sort of expert??

Besides, they all look alike to racist puke like you, don't they??

You've attacked his education, his work history, his political experience, his vacations, his choice of friends, his anything you can think of or are told.

Is there anything even slightly Christian in spirit about such scurrilous attacks?? After all, he's only a democratically elected President - twice.

Now why would we consider you to be a racist??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

----------

But what bothers you most about Obama is that he was strong enough to quit smoking, whereas you're weak and continue to slowly kill yourself with cigarettes.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1070126 Jan 28, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
You have bad-mouthed Congress, the President, the Supreme Court and suggested a revolution. The only reason you don't fit the classic definition of traitor is if you aren't an American and are a foreign America-hater. You are as far from being a Patriot as is humanly possible.
I never suggested a revolution, you moron. You need to work on your reading and comprehension of the written English language. We have a Cosntitution that I am content with. There is no need for a revolution... however, the Democrats and RINOs don't agree with that. They are rebelling against the Constitution right now.

Unless, in your insane perception, opposing a bunch of traitors intent on eliminating the constitutional republic and replacing it with a medieval dictatorship where the President can rule subjects with decrees and edicts is the definition of "revolution".

We have a constitutional republic. In my opinion, there is no need to revolt against the constitutional republic. I do wish you and all your fellow Democrat dupes felt the same way.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1070127 Jan 28, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please keep repeating it! Perhaps, eventually, it will sink in and he will get the help he so desperately needs.
""People with schizophrenia may not make sense when they talk. Sometimes people with schizophrenia seem perfectly fine until they talk about what they are really thinking.""
Fits you perfectly.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1070128 Jan 28, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that they have been able to sustain their marriage despite all his philandering really says something about the depth of their love and understanding. Only a weak, low self-esteem woman would feel threatened by her husband having an affair (or two, or three, or four...). IMO, the fact that Hillary didn't take the easy way out by seeking a divorce, speaks volumes about her dedication and resourcefulness in dealing with difficult situations. She deserves kudos.
You are a comedian. Only a weak woman would feel threatened by her husband having an affair--are you kidding me. Only a weak woman would stay and take the abuse. Because cheating on your spouse is abuse. Bill Clinton abused Hillary and she just sat there and said, may I have another please. You feminist are weird women-on one hand you talk about the war against women and on the other hand you say a woman who has been abused and stays with the abuser is a strong woman. What is the matter with you usm?

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1070129 Jan 28, 2014
"the problem with Executive power and executive privilege is that it is subject to abuse"

Barry Hussein 2007

talking about someone else, of course, what a hypocrite.

he also intimated that HE wouldn't be using it.

Deny it

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#1070130 Jan 28, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the fact that they have been able to sustain their marriage despite all his philandering really says something about the depth of their love and understanding. Only a weak, low self-esteem woman would feel threatened by her husband having an affair (or two, or three, or four...) The fact that Hillary didn't take the easy way out by seeking a divorce speaks volumes about her dedication and resourcefulness in dealing with difficult situations. Kudos.
What an absolute joke, Love and Understanding, Ha Ha Hee Hee Ho....The only reason she stayed was, he was her ticket in, she neeeded him to pave the way. Nobody would put up with her mouth or attitude She is a horse's patoot' and everyone around the Beltway knows it.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1070131 Jan 28, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
link inop
worked for me.

you need a pdf viewer installed in your browser(Firefox preferably).

http://get.adobe.com/reader/

unclick that McAfee crap. then just install.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1070132 Jan 28, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. That's right. Members of Congress could have been treated like everyone else in the United States and allowed to keep their insurance but, oh no!, Repulicans wouldn't hear of it. They insisted on special treatment for members of congress which forced them to surrender their insurance and joint the state exchanges. They bit off their nose to spite their face.
You're delusional.
The law didn't require the insurance companies to maintain the policy anyone wanted to keep, you moron.
The law forces everyone to buy a new policy with higher premiums and deductibles after the insurance company cancels the previous policy they were making less money on, you moron.

Obama reminds me of an old John Prine song. "... and all my friends turned out to be insurance salesmen."
Obama is nothing more than an insurance salesman.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1070133 Jan 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
name one President who's had to deal with the level of obstructionism in Congress that Obama has had to deal with.
name one President (other than Obama) who was completely unwilling to compromise with Congress to get things done....

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1070134 Jan 28, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, according to you, all sub prime loans are CRA loans?
Really?
Studies show that the percent of all failed CRA loans of all failed loans was no different than the percent of all loans that were CRA.
A CRA loan was made to a family that could not quite meet the payments under standard guidelines. Banks would lower the percentage rate so the payments were affordable but the borrowers still had to prove they could meet those payments. CRA loans were standard long term mortgages.
These were not the same as no-interest loans with ballon payments made to a family making $60K to buy a 450K house.
The more you keep trying to blame the CRA the more ridiculous you look and the more uninformed you appear to be.
not what i said, i refuted your specious claim. Are you entering your dotage?

I've said numerous times the CRA got the ball rolling.

When are you going to answer some questions?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1070135 Jan 28, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>

The ACA is funded & does not add to the debt.
bullshit...the funding assumptions are bogus....

Location hidden

#1070136 Jan 28, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Geez lily, Hillary knew her husband was raping all those women? now I see how she was able to lie about a million other things--she is a serial cover-up artist. Wow just wow. I didn't know. Lying is Hillary's claim to fame. That and being dumb.
Raping??

Your stupidity keeps getting in the way of your making sense. You prefer incendary speech.

Women were/are attracted to men like Clinton. Say what you will, there are far more philandering politicians in Israel that wil make Clinton look like a boy scout.

You want to talk about Nitwitenyahu's affairs and wife troubles?? I could take you through the entire Israeli cabinet.

But again, they are civilized about it.

There is a current cheating issue in France, with their President. They are very civilized about it. Cheating is what many people do, like it or not. Proven throughout history.

Americans tend to behave like children about it. You want to discuss how many Presidents before Clinton had affairs??

You behave like a moron, calling willful liasons 'rape'.

----------

""Benjamin Netanyahu, one of Israel`s most popular politicians and a contender for leadership of the right-wing Likud bloc, was caught up on Friday in a sex scandal after charging that rivals were threatening to show a videotape of him cheating on his wife unless he quit the race.""
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1070137 Jan 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the economy is still in the crapper and will be when the tyrant Obama leaves office....
Stupid post of the day. The economy is on fire__the notable exceptions are the still unemployed and brokazz fks like you and Lois Lame.

Location hidden

#1070138 Jan 28, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I never suggested a revolution, you moron. You need to work on your reading and comprehension of the written English language. We have a Cosntitution that I am content with. There is no need for a revolution... however, the Democrats and RINOs don't agree with that. They are rebelling against the Constitution right now.
Unless, in your insane perception, opposing a bunch of traitors intent on eliminating the constitutional republic and replacing it with a medieval dictatorship where the President can rule subjects with decrees and edicts is the definition of "revolution".
We have a constitutional republic. In my opinion, there is no need to revolt against the constitutional republic. I do wish you and all your fellow Democrat dupes felt the same way.
You're a liar. You have called for revolution. The NSA has it.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1070139 Jan 28, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice Texas doesn't have any trouble counting them when figuring their population figures.
Texas is the only one of the top six states for migration that didn’t experience declines in illegal immigration from 2007 through 2011.
“Texas stands out as quite distinctive,” said Jeff Passel, the Pew project’s chief demographer and co-author of the study.“Texas never showed a decrease where all the other states did. The numbers seem to be growing.”
Are you pretending to know how many illegal aliens are here?
How did you count them?

Fifteen years ago the official government estimate was 12 million, and everyone thought that estimate was too low. Just in the last year the government estimates one million new illegal aliens came here.
You don't really believe that 11 million lie, do you?

Location hidden

#1070140 Jan 28, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Fits you perfectly.
How did I know you'd do this?? Imitation being the sincerest form of flattery!!

You're like a freakin' marionette I've got on strings!!

Your next instructions will follow soon!!

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

==========

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Jacques in Ottawa 237,212
IT'S Really really true, nancy pelosi............ 2 hr HasALargePenis 10
The Mexicans stay home 2 hr More-Truth NoLies 24
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Well Well 10,332
Review: Skydiving In Chicago 4 hr Bjohns 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr Ashley 63,269
News Off-duty Cook County correctional officer shot ... 8 hr former democrat 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages