Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1656072 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1070029 Jan 28, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Did it ever occur to you that you're the one who hasn't kept up??
Of course not. FOX reassures you that old white people are the key to the future.
For undertakers, anyway.
Has it ever occurred to you that you might be wrong about this president?

We're not in a good place if you haven't noticed. In fact, we're headed for even stormier weather with Obamacare uncertainties yet to be revealed In a few more months.

Most Americans seem well aware of this by now. Why not you?
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#1070030 Jan 28, 2014
RealDave wrote:
Rand Paul bringing up the Monica thing as a reason not to elect Hillary.
His wife says Bill shouldn't be allowed back in the White House.
I'd rather have a guy thad had an affair with a consenting adult who, when the last time he lived in the White House, we had a balanced budgets than a sneaky fraud like Rand Paul.
And yet you support Obama

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1070031 Jan 28, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are quite uninformed & uneducated. The repeal Glass Steagall was instrumental in the financial mess.
Subprime loans that fomented the mess were not CRA loans.
You people keep proving you are dumber than sh*t.
repeating your lies ad nauseum will not alter the truth:

No coerced sub prime laws , no mortgage crisis.

You seem to be confused about where most of the sub primes went, I'll refresh your memory:

"Because Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac made a market for subprime mortgages the lenders did not have to worry about of the soundness of the mortgage contract they wrote. Thus the lenders could write the mortgages as adjustable interest rate mortgages knowing full well that an upturn in the interest rates could easily throw the borrower into insolvency."

Fannie and Freddie made a market for sub prime mortgages, are some of these words too big for you to understand?

Apparently.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1070032 Jan 28, 2014
RealDave wrote:
Rand Paul bringing up the Monica thing as a reason not to elect Hillary.
His wife says Bill shouldn't be allowed back in the White House.
I'd rather have a guy thad had an affair with a consenting adult who, when the last time he lived in the White House, we had a balanced budgets than a sneaky fraud like Rand Paul.
And the press laid off Rand's twerpy little kid who misbehaved while drunk on an airline flight last year and was taken into custody.

Great parenting on Rand's part eh?

"Hey, fk you lady__do you know who my father is?"

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1070033 Jan 28, 2014
Greg Gutfeld offered up a State of the Union drinking game ahead of tomorrow’s address.

"Every time he says ‘folks,’ drink. Every time he says ‘fair share,’ drink. Every time he says ‘extraordinary,’ drink. Every time he brags about working tirelessly, drink. When he frets about lack of compromise, drink. If he says,‘Bring me a bill, and I’ll sign it,’ drink. When he brings up the middle class, the people he’s ruining, drink. Every time he says,‘It’s the right thing to do,’ drink. Every time he cites someone that his policies have helped, drink. If she’s in the audience, drink some more. Every time he says,‘I never said it would be easy,’ drink. If he says that after mentioning ObamaCare, drink again. If he says ObamaCare’s rough start was worth it, drink. And every time he reminds us that running a country is really hard, say,‘Yeah, we can tell,’ and drink … Finally, each time you feel like you’re being screwed, drink. And if you still buy anything from this gas bag, then you deserve the world’s worst hangover, and enjoy it,‘cause you built that.”

C'mon, ya' just gotta love it.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1070034 Jan 28, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
They've been married for 40 years; no one cares, we've heard it all before. So, he's a cad; everyone knows it, everyone knew it, including his wife. He's not the only philandering man in the world and won't be the last.
Next?
Geez lily, Hillary knew her husband was raping all those women? now I see how she was able to lie about a million other things--she is a serial cover-up artist. Wow just wow. I didn't know. Lying is Hillary's claim to fame. That and being dumb.

“you know i know”

denver

#1070035 Jan 28, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Another right whiner drags out the debunked CRA excuse.
Sure, Dingus, the CRA and forced loans had nothing to do with it:

FHEO - Subprime Lending - HUD
portal.hud.gov › HUD

HUD has released a study showing that the number of sub-prime home loans is skyrocketing in predominantly black neighborhoods and low-income neighborhoods ..

We're supposed to believe the Dave Loan Co. would willingly have given out loans that you suspected couldn't be paid back?

That is your position.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1070037 Jan 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
SCOTUS will have the final say on the limits of executive power....
When It Comes To Abuse Of Presidential Power, Obama Is A Mere Piker

Republicans and conservatives have complained loudly lately that President Obama has been resorting to non-democratic and unconstitutional governance; imperiously ignoring the so-called “will of the people” by issuing a cascade of new executive orders. According to Senator Rand Paul (R-KY), Mr. Obama is acting “like a king” by issuing his recent executive orders on gun control. Conservative author and radio talk show host Mark Levin contends that Obama’s executive orders are “un-American” and even “fascistic.”

If so, then certain Republican presidents – including Dwight Eisenhower, Gerald Ford, and Ronald Reagan – must be classified as even more monarchical, un-American and “fascistic” than Barack Obama.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/richardsalsman/20...

Since: May 11

New Oxford, PA

#1070038 Jan 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Never been debunked, never been revealed by the WH where Barry was for 4 1/2 hours.
The CRA was merely the start of the demorats malfeasance, criminality, incompetance and coercion.
You do realize that the CRA was passed in the late 70's, right?
NuculurNUToption

Satellite Beach, FL

#1070039 Jan 28, 2014
<quoted text>
They've been married for 40 years; no one cares, we've heard it all before. So, he's a cad; everyone knows it, everyone knew it, including his wife. He's not the only philandering man in the world and won't be the last.
Next?
So you're inebriated..."What DIFFERENCE does it make?" LOL
NuculurNUToption

Satellite Beach, FL

#1070041 Jan 28, 2014
<quoted text>
No one is a race baiter; but, you are a racist.
What higher standard would that be? Spending 5 years staring at photoshopped naked photos of the Presidents late mother? Disparaging his parentage? You have no standards; you have stooped to the lowest depths of desperation in your seething hate of President Obama; and, it is because he is black. We've been reading your posts for 5 years. We get it
So, you can stuff your lofty proclamations filled with hollowness.
Your party is the anti women party, the racist party, the anti gay party, the anti immigration party, the anti veteran party. You are doomed. So suffer. There's nothing good or decent about you; you wallow in darkness, it's you and don't give me that scripture bullshyt either.
It's sickening.
Lily finds the race card makes a difference, and she loves it.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1070043 Jan 28, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us again how there was no shutdown!!
Tell us again how there are no subsidies!!
Tell us again of your love for Vladimir Putin!!
Tell us again of your loyalty to the President of Libya.
----------
Then try tellling us you're not a traitor to America.
Only 13 percent of government spending was affected by what the Democrats ludicrously called a "government shutdown" they caused. Coincidentally, that's about how much government spending needs to be cut every year for the foreseeable future to get the government off the suicidal path the Democrats have it on.
There was no government shut down. That is an urban legend.

You, and every other ignorant buffoon here, have never been able to find any proof of any government subsidy paid to any American oil company. There is no such thing as a government subsidy paid to any American oil company. The only oil company Obama is subsidizing is Petrobras, the national oil company of Brasil.

I have no love for Putin. It's just obvious he bitchslaps Obama around the room like the new guy in prison every time they meet. Obama gets bitchslapped by Putin so much in front of the world, the entire world has no confidence in the United States and gave Obama a blatant vote of no confidence in the Syria-chemical weapons fiasco... which it is increasingly looking like Obama's Al Qaeda allies did it.

Loyalty... I am loyal to the Constitution. Just because Obama is a pathological liar and the President of Libya told him everything he learned from the Al Qaeda he interrogated, and Obama continued to lie anyway does not mean I am not loyal to the Constitution, you moron.

A traitor to America would be someone who:
Sabotages Iraq;
Sabotages Afghanistan;
Orders all US forces to cease combat in the mountains and retreat to the population centers;
Tells the world the Taliban will be part of the future government of Afghanistan;
Gives the Taliban and Al Qaeda safe passage throughout Afghanistan so they can start bombing every village and city;
Puts Islamist terrorists like the Muslim Brotherhood in policy making positions in the White House;
Gives arms and munitions to Al Qaeda;
Trains Al Qaeda terrorists on a US military base in Jordan;
Helps Al Qaeda invade a country;

and...

Leaks information to the Taliban so they can have a lone Taliban fighter waiting at the "secret" destination of SEAL Team 6 so they descend right into the sights of his rocket launcher;

Conspires with Al Qaeda to kill a US ambassador;

And lies for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi.

... among many other things like:

Declaring the President has the authority to rule with decrees and edicts.

“you know i know”

denver

#1070044 Jan 28, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are quite uninformed & uneducated. The repeal Glass Steagall was instrumental in the financial mess.
Subprime loans that fomented the mess were not CRA loans.
You people keep proving you are dumber than sh*t.
you are quite uninformed, uneducated and a liar:

http://www.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs...

Fannie, Freddie, and the
Subprime Mortgage Market

Changes in the mortgage market, resulting
largely from misguided monetary policy, drove a
frenzy of refinancing activity in 2003. When that
origination boom died out, mortgage industry
participants looked elsewhere for profits. Fannie
and Freddie, among others, found those illusion-
ary profits in lowering credit quality

Now pay attention

" During the
height of the housing bubble, almost 40 percent
of newly issued private-label subprime securi-
ties were purchased by Fannie Mae and Freddie
Mac."

Raines and Johnson knew how to turn a buck.

In short, you don't know what you're talking about, do you?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1070045 Jan 28, 2014
No specific provision in the U.S. Constitution and no statute explicitly permits or governs executive orders, and on these grounds alone the “strict” constitutionalists insist that none are ever warranted. But even John Locke defended the principle of executive “prerogative,” in 1690, as long as it violated no rights. There’s also a grant of “executive power” in Article II, Section 1, Clause 1 of the U.S. Constitution, as well as a requirement”(in Article II, Section 3, Clause 5) that the executive branch “take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed.” Executive orders are valid so long as they don’t violate other provisions and rights.

Historically, legal counselors to U.S. presidents have justified executive orders on these brief and somewhat ambiguous Constitutional passages. But additionally, in Mississippi v. Johnson (1866), the U.S. Supreme Court held that a U.S. president legitimately performs two basic functions – ministerial and discretionary – and that executive orders can legitimately facilitate each. Not until 1952 were specific rules and guidelines given for what a president could or could not via executive orders. In Youngstown Sheet & Tube Co. v. Sawyer (1952) the Supreme Court invalidated Truman’s decree on steel mills, on the grounds that he was attempting to make law (a legislative function), not merely carrying out (or “executing”) existing law. Presidents since that decision have tried to cite the specific laws they are acting under, when issuing new executive orders.

We see that legal challenges to executive orders aren’t unknown, and some succeed. Thus critics of Mr. Obama’s orders should file lawsuits, as a remedy, if they can prove that his decrees seek to make law or else violate rights. It isn’t enough for these critics to claim that Mr. Obama has issued many orders. Congress itself has issued a cascade of new laws in recent years; it’s natural that the executive branch would issue orders to “execute” such laws; one merely follows the other. Otherwise, Mr. Obama is a mere piker when it comes to issuing decrees; he’s been easily out-distanced by the likes of those Republicans – e.g., Eisenhower and Reagan – who today’s conservatives claim to be paragons of constitutionally-limited government.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/richardsalsman/20...

right wing hypocrites have become so commonplace. and all we need to do is look at Romney and see how that turns out in the long run.

“you know i know”

denver

#1070046 Jan 28, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that the CRA was passed in the late 70's, right?
yes, I do, I stated it was just the beginning, do you deny that?
Can you stay on subject for a change.

I have never denied others acted badly, however I maintain lemons were forced upon others by demorat policies and now you're shocked they made lemonade.

Just what did you expect banks, loan cos. to do with the crappy loans they were forced to make?

No government meddling, no sub prime loan crisis, deny it.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1070047 Jan 28, 2014
Bush attorney general disappoints Hannity: Obama’s executive orders are legal

Former Bush Attorney General Michael Mukasey appeared on the Fox News Channel’s “Hannity” Wednesday night with a message that left the host looking rather disappointed.

Rebutting the Republican talk show host, Mukasey said that President Barack Obama’s executive orders so far have been legal, as much as he finds them distasteful. He even expressed agreement with the Supreme Court’s finding that the Affordable Care Act is constitutional, leaving Hannity looking perplexed.

Speaking about the president’s most significant executive actions thus far, Hannity exclaimed:“It seems me to be, by definition, abuse of power. A power grab if you will… Is it then unconstitutional in some instances?”

“I don’t think it’s unconstitutional in the sense that I don’t think it’s something you could get a court to find unconstitutional,” Mukasey replied.“We could have a debate about whether it’s consistent with the constitution or not, but there is a limited number of things that will get you into court to have that decided, and I don’t think any of the things you’ve enumerated are among them.”

Asked about the Supreme Court’s decision on the Affordable Care Act, Mukasey said he agreed with Chief Justice John Robert’s decision that the law is constitutional.

“I’m surprised,” Hannity replied.“Because I… In that case… So… Through use of the commerce clause we can now mandate that people buy things?”

Mukasey paused, seemingly acknowledging that Hannity just got Roberts’ decision dead wrong.“No, he didn’t say you could use the commerce clause,” the former attorney general answered.“He said you could not use the commerce clause.”

“Right,” Hannity muttered.

Mukasey added later in the interview that while he is bothered by the president’s politics and agrees that his executive orders are a “power grab” of sorts,“it doesn’t bother me in the sense that I think you can make a court case out of it. Not everything that bothers me is a subject of litigation. If they were, the courts would be very busy.”

Hannity looked disappointed.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/17/bush-at...
NuculurNUToption

Satellite Beach, FL

#1070048 Jan 28, 2014
NuculurNUToption wrote:
<quoted text> So you're inebriated..."What DIFFERENCE does it make?" LOL
Hillary ... see how she runs ... blind ... "What DIFFERENCE does it make?" ... LOL
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1070049 Jan 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Has it ever occurred to you that you might be wrong about this president?
We're not in a good place if you haven't noticed. In fact, we're headed for even stormier weather with Obamacare uncertainties yet to be revealed In a few more months.
Most Americans seem well aware of this by now. Why not you?
That's some really funny chit babe.

We're in the best place possible after the near collapse of the nation after eight years of Republicon leadership.

I for one am amazed at how quickly Obama has been able to steer the nation back on course in but 5 years. I thought it would take a decade or more to wash the taste of the neoconservative sht out of our mouths.

How's that house hunting going babe? Sounds like you waited to long eh? Hubs doesn't earn enough to qualify for the 2nd bath and garage?

Too bad so sad.
NuculurNUToption

Satellite Beach, FL

#1070050 Jan 28, 2014
NuculurNUToption wrote:
<quoted text> Lily finds the race card makes a difference, and she loves it.
And you must, too! LOL

“you know i know”

denver

#1070051 Jan 28, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us again how there was no shutdown!!
Tell us again how there are no subsidies!!
Tell us again of your love for Vladimir Putin!!
Tell us again of your loyalty to the President of Libya.
----------
Then try tellling us you're not a traitor to America.
Barry is the traitor, he attempted to close outdoor parks to vets and other Americans, deny it.

Did we need federal employees to view the Washington monument? Did we?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 27 min Patriot AKA Bozo 64,299
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 28 min _Zoey_ 11,575
Trump is A 1 hr Splendid Person 146
Shouldn't this skank apologize B4 next session? 4 hr Malignant Squaw b... 10
99% of abusers are democrat. 4 hr DemocrapsRMalignant 5
US Media Humiliated, all in 1 day. 4 hr USMedia is Malignant 3
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 5 hr Fck steve 483

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages