Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1419804 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1069513 Jan 27, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
"Are you kidding me???????"
Economic improvement under Obama:
Low interest rates
Kept Republicans from tampering with Social Security
Stock market is soaring
Retirement savings restored
Reined in tax cuts for the wealthy
Over forty straight months of job growth in the private sector
More leaders of Al Qaeda killed in four years of Obama than in eight under Bush
Housing market improving, setting records
Protected women’s right to control their own bodies
Ended the war in Iraq
Turned around the U.S. auto industry
Virtually zero inflation
More Americans now have health insurance
Peace.
SMD
"emeenshit"
Boy you can not comprehend. To address a few of your points;
- In the post I responded to and pointed out the economic failures of the boy president you refuted nary a one
- Interest rates are comparable to the rates before the boy president was elected
- Fewer American's in the work force today than when the boy president was elected
- Inflation rates a re comparable to rates when the boy president was elected
- American tax payers still out 13 billion dollars on auto bail out of government motors
- We still have 40,000 + troops in Iraq
- He did nothing for their right for women to have abortions, commit murder, the Supreme Court made that decision
- New home starts lower when the boy president was elected
- Existing home sales lower than when the boy president was elected
- The stock market will continue to grow as the boy president continues to increase the deficit and print money
Peace
KMA

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1069517 Jan 27, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
It's going great in Wisconsin, thx Scott Walker.
Walker for president, time to end the foolish, destructive, wasteful policies of Barry and Harry.
LOL. Smoke and mirrors.

"Wisconsin is PROJECTED to have a $1 billion surplus at the end of the two-year budget period covering July 2013 to July 2015 -- almost all of it because tax collections are rising faster than expected, according to the nonpartisan Legislative Fiscal Bureau." Not exactly a bird in the hand.

Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, 1/22/14:

Walker would also put more than $100 million more into the state's rainy-day fund, which currently holds about $279 million.

But his overall plan would leave the state in worse financial shape in the long term. Walker said his plan would add perhaps $100 million to the $725 million shortfall projected for the next two-year budget by the nonpartisan Legislative Fiscal Bureau."

Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, 5/28/13: Wisconsin Ranks 49th In Economic Outlook. The state was one of only five states with a projected economic contraction in the last six months of 2013.

AND, Wisconsin dropped from 44th place to 50th in private sector job creation.

I would say that Walker looks pretty damn foolish and destructive. Unlike Obama, who has our country back on track after the Bush train wreck.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1069519 Jan 27, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"emeenshit"
Boy you can not comprehend. To address a few of your points;
- In the post I responded to and pointed out the economic failures of the boy president you refuted nary a one
- Interest rates are comparable to the rates before the boy president was elected
- Fewer American's in the work force today than when the boy president was elected
- Inflation rates a re comparable to rates when the boy president was elected
- American tax payers still out 13 billion dollars on auto bail out of government motors
- We still have 40,000 + troops in Iraq
- He did nothing for their right for women to have abortions, commit murder, the Supreme Court made that decision
- New home starts lower when the boy president was elected
- Existing home sales lower than when the boy president was elected
- The stock market will continue to grow as the boy president continues to increase the deficit and print money
Peace
KMA
deficit is decreasing.

cross that one of the list.

and try this....

Factory Jobs Are Gone. Get Over It

Across richer countries, growth has been accompanied by a decline in the number of manufacturing jobs and the rise of service jobs. Some of the richer countries, such as France, that have seen the slowest decline in manufacturing’s share of employment have actually suffered some of the most sluggish growth. In the U.S., Eric Fisher of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland suggests that those states where the shift from manufacturing employment has been the most rapid are those where wages have climbed the fastest.

Developing countries have taken over much of the low-skilled, low-capital production once done in the U.S.: Consider the garment industry or tire manufacturing. Such low-tech work is even more mind-numbing and poorly paid than it was when the work was done in the U.S. through the 1970s. Many of the workers killed in the recent Rana Plaza garment factory collapse in Bangladesh earned just $3 a day. Some politicians have regretted the loss of similar jobs in the U.S. The question is: Do we want such jobs here now?

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-01-...

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1069520 Jan 27, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
Zero inflation?
More like a Commie Zero's post:
<quoted text>
"Buroc"
The poster you are responding to is one of two things, uninformed or a liar. He fails to mention that the prices if products in grocery stores are increasing by 5 or 6%. The cost of groceries is not figured into the inflation rate.
Peace

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1069521 Jan 27, 2014
Sue wrote:
<quoted text>that's THE WAY SOME PEOPLE IS ABOUT Obama, ALL THE LIES AND SCANDLES ALL FORGOTTEN.
Forgetting can sometimes be used as a survival mechanism where we selectively remember only the healthy Good and forget the poisonous Bad.

In the Magic Negro's case, however, this mechanism is employed but with this strange twist: the Good remembered is but that he is half-black and America wants to use Affirmative Action on a national scale to soothe its white-guilt complex regardless of how big an azzhole he is.

The plans of mice and men.....

Lapeer, MI

#1069522 Jan 27, 2014
Lcn wrote:
<quoted text>
-Windsor Ontario News -A deadly pig virus that has infected at least two Ontario farms could cost the Canadian pork industry tens of millions of dollars if it spreads across provincial borders, a group representing Ontario's hog farmers warned Monday.
Officials announced a second case of porcine epidemic diarrhea was confirmed this weekend in a farm in Chatham-Kent, as well as a possible third case in the same region.
* Eastern Ontario pork producers brace for deadly pig virus
The first case, a farrow-to-finish farm in southwestern Ontario, was found last week — a discovery that heightened concern among the country's hog producers.
"We do anticipate that this will be tough on our industry. It's all going to depend on where it goes from here," said Amy Cronin of Ontario Pork.
"We are putting into place measures to try to manage the virus as best we can and keep it off as many farms as we can given that it is very contagious," she said.
"We estimate that if it were to spread past Ontario throughout Canada, within one year, it could cost $45 million to the Canadian pork industry."
Porcine epidemic diarrhea is usually fatal in young pigs but older animals can recover. Producers have long worried that PED might make its way up from the U.S., where it has killed millions of piglets.
stay warm
Our Muslim President is safe.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1069523 Jan 27, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You watched "Wolf Blitzer"?
Baawwaahhh!!!!!
Figures!
No wonder you are an idiot!
Hmmm. What does that say about Michelle Bachmann? She came across as a complete idiot. You people should be embarassed to have her representing your party.

Michele Bachmann Quotes:

"Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn't even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas."

"We're running out of rich people in this country."

"Well what I want them to know is just like, John Wayne was from Waterloo, Iowa. That's the kind of spirit that I have, too" -Rep. Michele Bachmann (Waterloo was home to is John Wayne Gacy, a notorious serial killer, not John Wayne

"But the Lord says,'Be submissive wives; you are to be submissive to your husbands."

"I wish the American media would take a great look at the views of the people in Congress and find out: Are they pro-America or anti-America?"

"I find it interesting that it was back in the 1970s that the swine flu broke out under another Democrat president, Jimmy Carter. I'm not blaming this on President Obama, I just think it's an interesting coincidence." (1976 Swine Flu outbreak happened when Gerald Ford, a Republican, was president)

"If we took away the minimum wage -- if conceivably it was gone -- we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level."

"Before we get started, let's all say 'Happy Birthday' to Elvis Presley today." (while campaigning for president in South Carolina on what was actually the anniversary of Elvis's death)

And, last but not least:

"But we also know that the very founders that wrote those documents worked tirelessly until slavery was no more in the United States.... I think it is high time that we recognize the contribution of our forbearers who worked tirelessly -- men like John Quincy Adams, who would not rest until slavery was extinguished in the country." (The Founding Fathers did not work to end slavery, and John Quincy Adams was not one of the Founding Fathers.)
USAprior2008

Satellite Beach, FL

#1069524 Jan 27, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Smoke and mirrors.
"Wisconsin is PROJECTED to have a $1 billion surplus at the end of the two-year budget period covering July 2013 to July 2015 -- almost all of it because tax collections are rising faster than expected, according to the nonpartisan Legislative Fiscal Bureau." Not exactly a bird in the hand.
Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, 1/22/14:
Walker would also put more than $100 million more into the state's rainy-day fund, which currently holds about $279 million.
But his overall plan would leave the state in worse financial shape in the long term. Walker said his plan would add perhaps $100 million to the $725 million shortfall projected for the next two-year budget by the nonpartisan Legislative Fiscal Bureau."
Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, 5/28/13: Wisconsin Ranks 49th In Economic Outlook. The state was one of only five states with a projected economic contraction in the last six months of 2013.
AND, Wisconsin dropped from 44th place to 50th in private sector job creation.
I would say that Walker looks pretty damn foolish and destructive. Unlike Obama, who has our country back on track after the Bush train wreck.
"Smoke and mirrors"? Did you say, "Smoke and Mirrors"? LOL ... Barack Hussein Obama: "Lie of the Year" ... A presidency based on "Smoke and Mirrors and Lies" ... LOL

Lapeer, MI

#1069525 Jan 27, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Silence about what matters is not golden
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Sometimes, you get the feeling that’s the only King quote conservatives know.
They can’t quote what he said about unions:“We can all get more together than we can apart.”
They can’t quote what he said about poverty:“The solution to poverty is to abolish it directly by a now widely discussed measure: the guaranteed income.”
They can’t quote what he said about injustice:“America has given the Negro people a bad check, a check which has come back marked,‘insufficient funds.’”
But they always quote the “content of character” passage from King’s “I Have A Dream” speech. They see it as supportive of their ideal of a so-called “colorblind” society wherein race — and racial problems — are acknowledged never.
Sarah Palin is the latest. Last week on the King holiday, she quoted that passage on Facebook and added:“Mr. President, in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. and all who commit to ending any racial divide, no more playing the race card.”
You will hear President Obama talk about race only slightly more frequently than you will hear Mitch McConnell say,“Get down, with your bad self!” so there was a moment of disconnect in trying to figure out what she was talking about. Apparently, the reference was to a piece in last week’s New Yorker where Obama acknowledged that there are “some folks who really dislike me because they don’t like the idea of a black president.” He also said some people probably cut him slack for the same attribute.
By now, most thoughtful people would take both observations as self-evident. And you have to wonder: If this mild remark is “playing the race card” what, then, may we permissibly say about race in Palin’s ideal world? Apparently, nothing.
Thus, you will wait in vain for a conservative to speak against the profiling of Trayvon Martin, the mass incarceration of black men under the failed War on Drugs or, ahem, the myriad racially-tinged attacks against President Obama. Indeed, other than their cries of pious indignation when some black conservative is mistreated, you’ll wait in vain to hear them say anything about race at all.
To acknowledge that we did not overcome, to admit there are miles to go before the Promised Land is to play the dreaded “race card.” So, mass incarceration? Don’t talk about it. Racial profiling? Hush. Economic exploitation? Ignore it and it will go away.
You have to wonder, as conservatives make their belated embrace of Martin Luther King, if they realize they are what he struggled against all his life. They’ve never been on the right side of history where black people are concerned. So where do they get the idea that they have moral authority on the subject of black struggle? Where do they get the temerity to shush those who have labored in — and lived — that struggle for years, generations and lifetimes?
The silence they preach is not golden. It is poison. It is moral cowardice.
But it is not new. The race card? Though that term did not exist in his lifetime, King was familiar with the argument. His focus on racial injustice, said critics, fanned flames of racial tension.
You are taking another romp through the progressive Briar Patch(Br'er Rabbit's patch for hiding). You are far too allusive and elusive at the same time.
Most of what MLK stood for was good but, so too, his methods mostly stunk to high Heaven.
As such, we are left to pick and choose those few diamonds found in his dirt pile.
"A man who hasn't found something he is willing to die for is not fit to live."
--- MLK
Keep in mind, though, that MLK is historically recognized as a notorious plagiarizer, a thief of other people's writings.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1069528 Jan 27, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
BTW libturds I discovered a vintage 1958 Nash Rambler in one of the many buildings on my estate! My mechanics will see to getting it in proper working order. It’s easy when you’re wealthy, as am I.
<quoted text>

You lose!!

Waxman hung by his own petard!!
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide the hyperlink, MORON!
Baawwaahh!!!
You are nothing but a lying weasel liberal Obama cult IDIOT!
You can't provide the link, because it does not exist, IDIOT!
God are you people morons!

Location hidden

#1069529 Jan 27, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Muslim President is safe.
"I drink urine samples as Lemonade." -----shinningelectr0n

Lapeer, MI

#1069530 Jan 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's address will be the start of a long battle against Presidential tyranny and the limits of Presidential power that will end up in the Supreme Court....
America has no need for Kenyan Tribalism with its Chiefs, ring-kissing and bush-bravado.

We are somewhat more civilized than that nowadays.
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#1069531 Jan 27, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see, Bush was trying to increase home ownership for darkies and now he's the bad guy?
Liberals are such idiots:
http://articles.latimes.com/2002/jun/18/busin...
Bush Pushes Minority Homeownership
June 18, 2002|EDWIN CHEN | TIMES STAFF WRITER
Email
ATLANTA — President Bush on Monday promoted his campaign to boost homeownership among minorities, saying he wanted the number of black and Latino homeowners to increase by at least 5.5 million by the end of the decade.
Bush, acknowledging he had set "a big goal," said it was achievable with the help of the private sector.
"When I lay out a goal, I mean it," Bush told several hundred people at Atlanta's St. Paul AME Church, which is located in a once-dilapidated, crime-infested neighborhood where a surge in home building has led to improvements.
Bush also wants Congress to approve $200 million a year in grants that would help low-income families buy their first homes. Most grants would be less than $5,000.
$200 million a year, this was Bush's entire contribution to the demorat authored mortgage disaster.
deny it.
i disagree with you with passing With Gramm-leech-bliley Act that killed the Glass Steagal Act , this gave way for Financial malfeance/corruption/crookenes s ,as the crooked/greedy banksters took advantage and issued gimmicky home Mortgage loans called the NINA loans, subprime loans... sure did a quite a number , fooled the underclass and middle Class into applying for these predatory loans... man you ignorant!.

Location hidden

#1069532 Jan 27, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't as farfetched as it sounds. Consider this scenario. Say you were a Pakistani who spoke English and your wife or daughter was accidentally killed by an American drone. Would it be possible that you might spend time on a computer venting your hate for America? And is there anything that would prevent a Pakistani from doing a web search and find a forum "Barak Obama, our next President"? Would there be anything to prevent this angry Pakistani from masquerading as an American to retaliate against Obama and America? Right wing conspiracies are a lot less defensible than this.
I'd figure a Pakistani would be smarter than the Texas midget.

I mean, subtlety is hardly Dweeb's forte.

Lapeer, MI

#1069533 Jan 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the President of Libya is more trustworthy about Libyan affairs than the US State Department....
NPR- Consulate Attack Preplanned, Libya's President Says: http://www.npr.org/2012/09/16/161228170/consu...

September 16, 2012 7:24 AM

"Libya's president says he believes al-Qaida is behind a deadly attack in eastern Libya that killed U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other U.S. staffers."

[I ask if this attack was over an anti-Muslim film that sparked violent protests across the Muslim world. He shakes his head.]

"The idea that this criminal and cowardly act was a spontaneous protest that just spun out of control is completely unfounded and preposterous," he says. "We firmly believe that this was a precalculated, preplanned attack that was carried out specifically to attack the U.S. Consulate."

The attackers used the protesters outside the consulate as a cover, he says.

"The intention was there from the beginning, for it to take this ugly barbaric, criminal form," he says."

Note the above story date. The Magic Negro is a lying Islamic dog-eater.
Lcn

United States

#1069534 Jan 27, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
BTW libturds I discovered a vintage 1958 Nash Rambler in one of the many buildings on my estate! My mechanics will see to getting it in proper working order. It’s easy when you’re wealthy, as am I.
<quoted text>
You lose!!
Waxman hung by his own petard!!
<quoted text>
He should move to America

Lapeer, MI

#1069535 Jan 27, 2014
G0Per Slayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Youre insane
Inside of any Progressive crowd, level-thinking, intelligent people are called insane.

Goes with the territory.

<yawn>

Lapeer, MI

#1069536 Jan 27, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you ask the President of Libya and let us know what he says.
NPR- Consulate Attack Preplanned, Libya's President Says: http://www.npr.org/2012/09/16/161228170/consu...

September 16, 2012 7:24 AM

"Libya's president says he believes al-Qaida is behind a deadly attack in eastern Libya that killed U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other U.S. staffers."

[I ask if this attack was over an anti-Muslim film that sparked violent protests across the Muslim world. He shakes his head.]

"The idea that this criminal and cowardly act was a spontaneous protest that just spun out of control is completely unfounded and preposterous," he says. "We firmly believe that this was a precalculated, preplanned attack that was carried out specifically to attack the U.S. Consulate."

The attackers used the protesters outside the consulate as a cover, he says.

"The intention was there from the beginning, for it to take this ugly barbaric, criminal form," he says."

Note the above story date. The Magic Negro is a lying Islamic dog-eater.

Lapeer, MI

#1069537 Jan 27, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>They haven't forgotten they just expect everybody to cower away from accusing him of it out of fear of being called a racist. Pulling the race card hasn't failed Obama or his minions yet, and, as long as it serves to further his agenda of destroying the America we have all been enjoying he will continue to use it.
Any other president would have been asked to relinquish his position by now, but not Obama, and we all know why.
I can't believe that we, as Americans, are going to continue to voluntarily swallow our natural tendency to protest any government leader's abuse of power.
Apathy, whether forced on us, or not, is what will destroy us in the end.
"All that it takes for Evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing" --- Edmund Burke

Lapeer, MI

#1069538 Jan 27, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
Why Is Herman Cain Trying to Cure Your Erectile Dysfunction?
When failed presidential candidates become spam kings
But sometimes Cain’s digital missives, like a conversation with a weird uncle, veer into the unexpected. An example—there are more and more to choose from—is a message that Cain sent to his followers last July bearing the subject line,“BREAKTHROUGH: REMEDY FOR ED!”
ED” stood for, yes, erectile dysfunction. As for the all-caps-worthy remedy, its details were not immediately clear. Language in the body of the message identified the potion as a product of Natural Breakthroughs Research LLC; a link farther down led to a website urging men to submit their e-mail addresses in order to receive “a cool free report” on impotence abatement. Sitting through a lengthy video finally yielded more information on the wonder drug, TestoMax 200, a putative natural testosterone booster. The e-mail’s final offer varied by recipient—a common marketing tactic—but could be $69.95 for a month’s supply, or $47 for something called “The Potency Programme.” Not interested? Are you sure?“Women get lonely very easily,” began one version of the pop-up windows barring the exit.“Once you leave this page, your chances of getting your manhood mojo back will decrease dramatically.”
http://www.newrepublic.com/article/116237/new...
ED is not an issue for lily. Just strap it on and go!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Dr Phil 222,690
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 14 min RACE 1,943
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 16 min RACE 9,392
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 17 min RACE 3,046
abby8-29-16 27 min RACE 1
Bubba's other career. 2 hr OUI No1stGent 1
News Dwyane Wade's cousin shot dead while pushing he... 3 hr grounded in reali... 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages