Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1563302 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1069288 Jan 27, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a lie. President Bush was not intent on finding and killing Bin Laden; he even said as much. President Obama said he would find him and kill him and he did it!
You are the desperate one here, lying and lying and lying. I don't know how you live with yourself.
... and that explains why AL Qaeda was attacking us thousands of miles from Afghanistan and openly running terrorist training camps in Libya and the US was training Al Qaeda terrorists on a US mililtary base in Jordan and we were supporting the Al Qaeda invasion of Syria when Bush was in office, and today Obama has them holed up in caves and blows their heads off any time they poke them out.

You're an idiot.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1069289 Jan 27, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama didn't have a clue the operation was even happening. As soon as it was leaked to Vallerie Jarrett the operation had begun, she issued an abort order (which was ignored by Panetta) and summoned Obama from the golf course where he thought he'd spend his entire day... on the day he's going to invade an allied country and kill bin Laden.
Come on. Even you can't believe Obama even had a clue Panetta was going to kill bin Laden.
Give it up, you're the Tokyo Rose of Topix. There's little doubt you're not an American. When are you going to admit that you blew your cover with the Boston Red Sox beard conspiracy? No American would suggest that obvious attack on America's favorite pass time. You can research facts about America on line but the culture is much harder to fake. Your attempt to create doubt in our Democratic system won't work on anyone but fanatic far right lunatics.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1069290 Jan 27, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama didn't have a clue the operation was even happening. As soon as it was leaked to Vallerie Jarrett the operation had begun, she issued an abort order (which was ignored by Panetta) and summoned Obama from the golf course where he thought he'd spend his entire day... on the day he's going to invade an allied country and kill bin Laden.
Come on. Even you can't believe Obama even had a clue Panetta was going to kill bin Laden.
your Obama induced insanity is getting worse

Yes, you've obviously got acute schizophrenia blues.

""People with schizophrenia may not make sense when they talk.

Sometimes people with schizophrenia seem perfectly fine until they talk about what they are really thinking.""

Fits you perfectly, Dweeb

----------

You spend much time and effort degrading Obama's getting OBL.

Yet you can't explain why, in 7 years, Bush failed to even come close.

I guess I'd attack Obama if I were you. LOL

After all, it's impossible to defend Bush's incompetence.

Now that we've cleared up that little matter..........
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1069291 Jan 27, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny thing, I was reading a friend's obituary.
He was survived by 3 children & 6 grandchildren.
So,according to Flack, his survivors were all under the age of 14.
Flack is too stupid to know words often have more than one meaning.
Webster says: "par·ent
noun \&#712;per-&#601;nt\
: a person who is a father or mother : a person who has a child"
According to Flack, you cease being a parent when your kid hits the age of 14.
When Flack is asked about his parents, he obviously replies that he has not had parents since he was 14 years old.
He's an idiot and is pissed off the a child can remain on the parents insurance policy till age 26. In his hillbilly world, you push your kid out after high school and say eff off. He can't conceive of a child going to university for 4 years and then grad school
"them's the breaks" in his world.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1069292 Jan 27, 2014
<quoted text>
That's a lie. President Bush was not intent on finding and killing Bin Laden; he even said as much. President Obama said he would find him and kill him and he did it!
You are the desperate one here, lying and lying and lying. I don't know how you live with yourself.
She's a sad spectacle.

But it's obvious she's agitated.

She knows she's lying even more than we do.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1069293 Jan 27, 2014
<quoted text>
What your lying and brainwashing liberal media fails to tell you is bin Laden was the face placed on 9/11 and his death simply meant closure.

There were much bigger fish to fry after 9/11 and after disbanding bin Laden's thugs in Afghanistan. Bush killed or captured most of them - the ones who were capable of doing much more harm than bin Laden on 9/11.

Obama said a lot of things he didn't mean...as we all know now.

It was just convenient for him that the search which began long before he was even a blip on the radar came to an end while he was in office and could take all of the credit.

This doesn't compute though...I know. As far as you're concerned, Obama single-handedly led the search leading to bin Laden...am I correct?

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1069294 Jan 27, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Just go ask one of the 30+ illegal aliens here doing the work Obama is paying other people to not do. They don't have a problem finding a job.
Why don't you go ask your wealthy handlers why they employ illegal aliens instead of Americans.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1069295 Jan 27, 2014
Lcn wrote:
<quoted text>
Best Wishes on finding a good home for you and your hubby
-
Patrick
It's President Obama's fault that she can't find an affordable trailer; he gave them to all the black folk. It's all part of his "get whitey" scheme. Yeah baby, Django goin' to gitcha!

Orlando, FL

#1069296 Jan 27, 2014
<quoted text>
Get lost birfer. You're on the wrong site. No one wants to hear that b/s anymore, it's sick and so are you. Get some mental help.
Michelle Obama is the #1 "birfer".
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1069297 Jan 27, 2014
fascism at it's best...

A retired Army general and Fox News analyst told a Tea Party group that he would lead a military coup against the U.S. government, if only reluctantly.

Paul Vallely, a retired major general and senior military analyst for the conservative news channel, told the Surprise, Arizona, Tea Party Patriots during a Dec. 3 speech that other retired military personnel and veterans groups had contacted him about the possibility.

“I had a call this afternoon from Idaho, the gentleman said,‘If I give you 250,000 Marines to go to Washington, will you lead them?’” Vallely said as the group laughed and gasped.“I said,‘Yes, I will, I’ll surround the White House and I’ll surround the Capitol building, but it’s going to take physical presence to do things.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/27/fox-new...

note to carol...never use Vallely as a 'credible' source.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1069298 Jan 27, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
Fla. congressman to resign after cocaine scandal
""MIAMI (AP)— Facing a House ethics investigation, the Florida congressman who pleaded guilty to cocaine-possession charges last year will resign, his top aide said Monday, after several GOP leaders requested that he step down.
U.S. Rep. Trey Radel will send a letter to House Speaker John Boehner, chief of staff Dave Natonski said. Politico first reported the upcoming resignation.
On Nov. 20, the freshman Republican pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of cocaine possession and was sentenced to a year of probation. He admitted to purchasing 3.5 grams of cocaine from an undercover officer Oct. 29 in Washington.
Several GOP leaders, including Gov. Rick Scott, had asked him to resign. But Radel had pledged to stay in office and rebuild constituents' trust after taking a leave of absence and completing a month-long in-patient treatment program for drug and alcohol abuse. In a defiant prime-time news conference last month, he defended his legislative record and pledged to redouble his congressional efforts "with a clearer focus and a stronger mind."
After returning to Congress this month, he apologized to Republican colleagues and assured them in a closed-door meeting that he was in a good place and had found a support group, according to House aides who spoke on condition of anonymity at the time because they weren't authorized to discuss the private meeting.
Political pressure, however, was building.
The House Ethics Committee announced last month that it was launching a formal investigation of the congressman, and at least one of his former rivals, former state Rep. Paige Kreegel, had vowed to challenge him in a GOP primary. Former Rep. Connie Mack IV, who represented the area for eight years before a failed run for Senate, had been mentioned as another possible challenger.
Radel had been in office for 10 months when charged. His deeply conservative district includes the Gulf Coast cities of Fort Myers and Naples.
The drug arrest derailed a seemingly promising career.
After a stint as a TV news anchor, he started a media-relations firm and hosted an early-morning conservative talk-radio show in southwest Florida. He married another news anchor and they had a baby.
When he decided to run for Congress, he became involved in a bruising, six-way GOP primary, openly targeting opponents on the Internet and facing criticism for his firm's ownership of explicitly named websites. But he was backed by the local tea party movement and Republican luminaries, including Mack and Sen. Marco Rubio, and clinched the GOP nomination. He cruised to victory in November.
Things were seemingly going well for Radel. His wife was featured in a glowing local news segment about how the couple was adjusting to life in D.C. He had sponsored a handful of bills, and he was interviewed by several inside-the-Beltway publications. He was active on Twitter and wrote pieces for Buzzfeed about rap music.(He dubbed Public Enemy's "Fight the Power" a conservative anthem "because I believe when government expands it becomes a political tool meant to oppress.")
He championed cuts in sheep-farm subsidies, keeping good on his conservative promise.
Then, on Oct. 29, Radel attempted to buy $250 worth of cocaine from an undercover police officer in a Washington, D.C., neighborhood.
----------
Trey Radel, the true face of the Republican Party.
He has a drug problem; he did the right thing. Now, what about that other dolt in Pinellas County who called for the hanging of the President because he killed Al Alwaki and his son?
Secret Service paid him a visit. And; he's one of the new black faces of the republican party.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1069299 Jan 27, 2014
It was Clinton's fault...

Gallup, Mar 26-28, 2004...

"Did Administrations Do all that could be expected to prevent terrorists attacks"

Clinton
Yes-32
No- 62

Bush
Yes-42
No-54

http://books.google.com/books...
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1069300 Jan 27, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
your Obama induced insanity is getting worse
Yes, you've obviously got acute schizophrenia blues.
""People with schizophrenia may not make sense when they talk.
Sometimes people with schizophrenia seem perfectly fine until they talk about what they are really thinking.""
Fits you perfectly, Dweeb
----------
You spend much time and effort degrading Obama's getting OBL.
Yet you can't explain why, in 7 years, Bush failed to even come close.
I guess I'd attack Obama if I were you. LOL
After all, it's impossible to defend Bush's incompetence.
Now that we've cleared up that little matter..........
Obama has never had the best interests of our county any where near the top of his agenda.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1069301 Jan 27, 2014
hypocrites....

Republicans Decry Obama Plans To Bypass Congress To Advance Agenda

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/26/repu...

more amnesia.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1069302 Jan 27, 2014
It's the laughing liberal hyena!
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Difference is, Mitt was rejected by the American voters, bio or not.
Real Americans support President Obama.
He was elected by solid majorities twice!!
Not so much for racist fools like yourself.
Shouldn't you be out shopping for your new trailer park slum home??
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1069303 Jan 27, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Despite spending years attacking the character of President Obama and the Democrats, a new Pew Research Center survey found that the American people trust Democrats more than Republicans 41%-31%.
The Pew Research Center’s annual survey of policy and priorities found that Democrats led Republicans on a wide range of character issues. Democrats had a 25 point lead (52%-27%) on being more willing to work with the other party. Democrats held a 20 point (52%-32%) advantage on the question of who is concerned with the needs of people like me. By a margin of 54%-35%, Republicans were found to be the more extreme party in their positions. Respondents also thought the Republican Party was more influenced by lobbyists than the Democratic Party (47%-30%), but the most telling question was who do people trust to govern ethically and honestly.
By a margin of 41%-31% those surveyed believed that Democrats govern in a more ethical and honest way than Republicans. This question goes to the heart of why Democrats continue to win elections. A majority of voters don’t trust the Republican Party. They don’t think Republicans will be honest with them. Some of these feelings are no doubt left over from the dishonest Bush administration, but much of the distrust comes from the way Republicans have chosen to govern.
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/01/27/gop-sh...
"Just 19% say that they trust the government in Washington to do what is right just about always or most of the time, down seven points since January."

http://www.people-press.org/2013/10/18/trust-...

Orlando, FL

#1069305 Jan 27, 2014
Lcn wrote:
<quoted text>
Best Wishes on finding a good home for you and your hubby
-
Patrick
Thanks. It's not easy finding the right home at the right price in this still shaky market - at least here in Orlando. It's definitely a seller's market and makes negotiating along with home values a little more difficult. Many sellers won't not budge waiting for an investor to pay cash.

Also, the window to home buying in this present interest rate environment is closing according to news reports. Just adds to the stress of it being now or never.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1069306 Jan 27, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You're about as dumb & dishonest as your buddy "Forks".
The President does not take office until the inauguration, not when he is declared the winner of the election.
I love how you dishonest f*cks keep trying to pin Bush failures onto Obama.
If Obama really did bad, you bozos wouldn't need to make up sh*t.
BTW, did you ever decide to find a job where you can make it on your own & are we still subsidizing your salary & benefits package??
lol! Awwww, give 'em a break. He didn't know that.

He thought Obama was in charge the minute he was declared the winner!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1069307 Jan 27, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would he want that Grey Ghost? Swinging from tree limb to tree limb like you do is so passé!
Because he's jealous son!

Since: May 11

New Oxford, PA

#1069308 Jan 27, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
What your lying and brainwashing liberal media fails to tell you is bin Laden was the face placed on 9/11 and his death simply meant closure.
There were much bigger fish to fry after 9/11 and after disbanding bin Laden's thugs in Afghanistan. Bush killed or captured most of them - the ones who were capable of doing much more harm than bin Laden on 9/11.
Obama said a lot of things he didn't mean...as we all know now.
It was just convenient for him that the search which began long before he was even a blip on the radar came to an end while he was in office and could take all of the credit.
This doesn't compute though...I know. As far as you're concerned, Obama single-handedly led the search leading to bin Laden...am I correct?
Actually, Carol, we give Obama some of the credit. Obama himself had a long list of those who deserved credit including George W Bush.

It is you right whiners that refuse to give Obama any credit at all, you lie about what he was doing during the mission & even lie about the difficult decision he made to do it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 34 min Dr Guru 242,218
Maxwell street ghosts 45 min Art Mandalay 1
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... 53 min Art Mandalay 63
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr They cannot kill ... 11,008
Chicago has the Worst Women (Jun '16) 4 hr Indict Hillary NOW 132
Bill and Hillary 6 hr Billy Boy 11
Student Marketing Research for Thermal Regulati... 12 hr micafish 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages