Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1234749 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

TSM

El Paso, TX

#1068129 Jan 25, 2014
Childish but not surprising ‘Obama’ blames his Low Approval numbers on (Fox News and Republicans!)

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1068130 Jan 25, 2014
new yawk wrote:
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
- Julius Robert Oppenheimer
" .... let politics corrupt science ..."
Politics were the sole driving force, purpose and intent, the geo-political control needed that the building of The Atomic Bomb provided.
Appears you believe The Atomic Bomb was the greatest thing built since The Industrial Age.
After all, appears J.R. Oppenheimer is your sort of hero, no?
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
- Julius Robert Oppenheimer
That's some Legacy ... Some Boast ... No Regret, Doubt or Remorse.
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Oppenheimer and much of his staff were as leftwing as they come, but they still built the bomb....
they didn't let politics corrupt science....
To be fair, Oppenheimer's complete quote was:

"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says, "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." I suppose we all thought that, one way or another." - Julius Robert Oppenheimer

I would say Oppenheimer regretted the atomic bomb.

Testifying in his defense in his 1954 security hearings (page 81 of the official transcript): "When you see something that is technically sweet, you go ahead and do it and argue about what to do about it only after you've had your technical success. That is the way it was with the atomic bomb."

Other Oppenheimer quotes:

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."

"The time will come when mankind will curse the names of Los Alamos and Hiroshima. The people of this world must unite or they will perish."

"Nor can we forget that these weapons as they were in fact used dramatized so mercilessly the inhumanity and evil of modern war."

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1068131 Jan 25, 2014
Will Global Warming Fools Pay?

The Federal Government of Australia laid out $2.4 million (Australian dollars) to help rescue the ship full of global warming true believers, who got ice-bound in Antarctic waters they were dead certain had to be melting. And now it wants to paid back for that needless expense.

I can hardly wait for the lawsuits and depositions to begin.

And, don't forget, the Government of China also dispatched an ice breaker to the rescue, and should get paid back for its efforts as well. I would love to see this degenerate into a lawyer's festival, with insurance companies suing Tunney, and Tunney suing his rich warmist passengers, and everyone suing Al Gore for spinning the fantasy in the first place and walking off with countless millions of dollars from the hoax.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/01/s...

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#1068132 Jan 25, 2014
NuculurVodkaOption wrote:
<quoted text> Oh, Lily, you're such a vodka-laced Boca burger, and a charred one, at that. LOL
That's funny coming from the Leather-Face-Capital of the World, FloriDUH!

Thanks for that, drunkie.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1068133 Jan 25, 2014
This poll shows that this President is out of Touch and out of Step with the American People!!

When voters were asked “What do you think should be the top priority for President Obama and Congress in 2014" -- Income inequality earned 1%, class inequality earned 1%, gun issues earned 1%, and immigration earned only 2%!!

Issues the American people unsurprisingly do list as top priorities are the economy (15%), jobs/unemployment (16%), and healthcare (18%). And it is in all three of those areas where Obama's standing with the American people is in the dumpster. On the economy and healthcare, the president is upside down on approval 39-56% and 36-59%, respectively!! How do you spell’ Incompetents….OBAMA!!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1068134 Jan 25, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, you haven't a clue as to what you're talking about.
But your fear is evident.
Funny how most of you 'real' Americans are scared shitless of the best scheme for making money that capitalism ever invented:
The ability for individuals to own a part of a company like Ford, Catepillar, Exxon, Apple, Facebook, etc.
Because to own a piece of successful American enterprise is a good predictor of your being able to collect dividends and capital gains over time.
I'm not surprised for you to speak stupidly, but USAsince seems to share your fears.
You may be different. You may be of the old school of loyalty investing but the fact is, the average investor today doesn't give a damn about "owning a part of a company like Ford, Catepillar, Exxon, Apple, Facebook, etc." It's all about greed. Day traders are a clear example of where we have gone wrong.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#1068135 Jan 25, 2014
TSM wrote:
Childish but not surprising ‘Obama’ blames his Low Approval numbers on (Fox News and Republicans!)
No he didn't.
Just because FOX news told you he said that doesn't make
it real. In fact, if it pertains to President Obama and FOX
said it, it's more than likely a lie. I guess you haven't seen
the multitude of falsehoods that FOX has reported over the years
in which they had to go back and retract their lies. Funny stuff.

There's a reason that only uneducated Americans watch FOX news
and the rest of the world watches legitimate news outlets.

Enjoy your bliss, zippy.

Bozeman, MT

#1068136 Jan 25, 2014
Yet Another Obama Administration Embarrassment

White House defends choice of Norway ambassador who doesn't know anything about Norway

To foist an ignoramus on a friendly government goes beyond insult.[Obama] owes the Norwegian government an apology and the posting of someone who bothers to study a little about the country where they will be representing US interests.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/01/w...
GOP R Idiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1068137 Jan 25, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
how can you tell the difference???...
Bieber gives you a hardon, that's how to tell the difference.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1068138 Jan 25, 2014
John Galt wrote:
VINELAND, NJ (CBS)— Police in Vineland are searching for the suspects who vandalized statues outside two churches overnight.
According to the Vineland Police Department, officers were dispatched to the Sacred Heart Church at 922 E Landis Avenue for reported criminal mischief. An investigation revealed that sometime during the night, the suspects, believed to be Obamabots under the direction of NYC Bocajews, had vandalized several religious statues on church property.
The hoodie-wearing vandals hacked off the head of a statue of the Virgin Mary. In addition, the Obamabot vandals also chopped a statue of Joseph in half.
A few hours later, officers were dispatched to St. Francis of Assisi Church at 23 W Chestnut Avenue for the same incident. A subsequent investigation revealed statues at this church had been damaged in the same manner as the ones at Sacred Heart.
At the St. Francis of Assisi Church, the Bocajew-led vandals hammered in the faces of Jesus, Mary and Joseph on a statue.
Very funny Galt; don't quit your day job, not that I think you have one. The likely persons to be vandals of churches are white supremacist skinheads or victims of sexual abuse by priests. Now, gfy.

Bozeman, MT

#1068139 Jan 25, 2014
TSM wrote:
Obama is a huge fan of MSNBC.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1068140 Jan 25, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is a huge fan of MSNBC.
Most educated people are.

Bozeman, MT

#1068141 Jan 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all about greed.
So is the motivation behind "income inequality". Gimme, gimme, gimme.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1068142 Jan 25, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
This is no surprise. Conservatives are frightened of change and don't have the capacity or imagination necessary to create. If it weren't for more intelligent and braver progressives leading the way these moron right wingers would still be making fires by banging rocks together.
"emeanshit"
I would not say most conservatives are afraid of change, concerned would be a better word. A concern;
- That millions more American's need food stamps
- That millions fewer American's are paying Federal Income tax
- That home values and new home starts are still lower than when nobama took office
- That household incomes are declining
- That millions of American's are now deemed to have left the work force because they are unable to find a job
- That the government is forcing folks to buy a product they may not want or need, i.e nuns being forced to purchase health insurance that covers maternity care and abortion/murder services. Forcing 50 and 60 year ils to purchase health insurance that covers maternity care and abortion/murder services
- That the real unemployment level is at least twice what the government tells us
- That the US is supplying arms to terrorists groups all over the middle east
For "progressive" nuts like you, the ones with their hands out the above is music to your ears.
Peace
KMA

Bozeman, MT

#1068143 Jan 25, 2014
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>No he didn't.
Just because FOX news told you he said that doesn't make
it real. In fact, if it pertains to President Obama and FOX
said it, it's more than likely a lie. I guess you haven't seen
the multitude of falsehoods that FOX has reported over the years
in which they had to go back and retract their lies. Funny stuff.
There's a reason that only uneducated Americans watch FOX news
and the rest of the world watches legitimate news outlets.
Enjoy your bliss, zippy.
Obama's own words, Zippy.

"[t]he inability of my message to penetrate the Republican base so that they feel persuaded that I'm not the caricature that you see on Fox News or Rush Limbaugh, but I'm somebody who is interested in solving problems and is pretty practical, and that, actually, a lot of the things that we've put in place worked better than people might think."

It's FOX News and Rush Limbaugh's fault! Waaaaaaaaaaaaah!
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1068144 Jan 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I get sick and tired of hearing investors whine and cry when they start losing money in the stock market. IMO, it is a game. Just like gambling. The market is comprised of a bunch of short-sighted, fickle, greedy investors. There is no "investor loyalty" any longer. If people want to gamble...fine. Have fun.
I have not been "scared off". I was merely disgusted by the Paulson/Bush "bailing out" of Wall Street.
I watched that movie Boiler Room the other night; it's an earlier Wall St movie; but the lead actor; Giovanni Ribisi who plays Seth Davis is meeting with his father at the park and his father, a federal judge tells him, "you're making money on ruining peoples lives"

It's true and you see it depicted in all the Wall St movies; Gordon Gecko in Wall St.,
The Wolf of Wall St. etc. They are ruthless wolves; buy be wary.

BTW, Jaime Dimon just got a big fat bonus.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1068145 Jan 25, 2014
GOP R Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Bieber gives you a hardon, that's how to tell the difference.
Yup; he can't stop talking about him.

Bozeman, MT

#1068146 Jan 25, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Most educated people are.
Unfortunately I agree.

Big difference between educated and intelligent, especially since the government infested and destroyed public education.

Fortunately intelligent people don't waste their time on biased story telling.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1068148 Jan 25, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
How pathetic is it to see the leader of the free world attempting to subdue his cognitive dissonance by convincing himself that if not for pressure from voters, Ted Cruz (R-TX), Mike Lee (R-UT), and Rand Paul (R-KY) would otherwise be falling lockstep into dutiful compliance with Mr. Brilliant's vision?
The pièce de résistance from the interview came when clownish Obama accused conservative media of creating an unfair "caricature" of him as a person removed from "reality."
Bemoaning what he identifies as biased criticism coming from his adversaries, the president has convinced his cognitively dissonant self that he's been unsuccessful because of:
[t]he inability of my message to penetrate the Republican base so that they feel persuaded that I'm not the caricature that you see on Fox News or Rush Limbaugh, but I'm somebody who is interested in solving problems and is pretty practical, and that, actually, a lot of the things that we've put in place worked better than people might think.
That's right -- Obama considers himself an innocent man, and the reason he's the abysmal failure that he is, is because of Fox News and Rush Limbaugh.
http://www.americanthinker.com/2014/01/barack...
American Thinker eh?

ROFLMAO
Brad

Marlborough, CT

#1068149 Jan 25, 2014
TSM wrote:
He said its the racists in his New Yorker interview.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Scrutiny 190,357
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 53,521
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Brian_G 51,761
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr _Zoey_ 6,014
News Former U.S. House Speaker Hastert indicted on f... 5 hr Pat Robertson s F... 11
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr PEllen 99,579
have steroidsss in USA 13 hr Nail Alexander 2
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]