Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1564445 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1068941 Jan 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
The Abject Failure of Reaganomics
.....this debt crisis did not originate with George W. Bush. It can be traced back primarily to President Reagan, who arrived in the White House in 1981 with fanciful notions about restoring America’s economic vitality through massive tax cuts for the wealthy, a strategy called “supply-side” by its admirers and “trickle-down” by its critics.
Reagan’s tax cuts brought a rapid ballooning of the federal debt, which was $934 billion in January 1981 when Reagan took office. When he departed in January 1989, the debt had jumped to $2.7 trillion, a three-fold increase. And the consequences of Reagan’s reckless tax-cutting continued to build under his successor, George H.W. Bush, who left office in January 1993 with a national debt of $4.2 trillion, more than a four-fold increase since the arrival of Republican-dominated governance in 1981.
During 1993, Clinton’s first year in office, the new Democratic administration pushed through tax increases, partially reversing the massive tax cuts implemented under Reagan. Finally, the debt problem began to stabilize, with the total debt at $5.7 trillion and heading downward, when Clinton left office in January 2001.
Indeed, at the time of Clinton’s departure, the projected ten-year surplus of $5.6 trillion meant that virtually the entire federal debt would be retired. That was what Fed Chairman Greenspan found worrisome enough to support George W. Bush’s new round of tax cuts aimed primarily at the wealthy, another dose of Reagan’s “supply-side.”
The consequences – especially when combined with Bush’s decision to rush into two major wars without paying for them – proved disastrous. The federal debt resumed its upward climb. By August 2008, just before the Wall Street crash, the debt was over $9.6 trillion, nearly a $4 trillion jump since Bush took office.
http://consortiumnews.com/2013/10/17/the-abje...
Historical Revisionism is the hallmark of Marxist toadies and American Liberals.

Don't like history? Change it.

And then poison the children with it.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1068942 Jan 26, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> A child is considered under the age of 14. A minor is under the age of 18. Anyone over 18 is an adult except in libtard world then it is 26.
"flack"
An additional definition of a child a mid 50 year old like "real dumb", he is a prime example of a child living in the age of stoopidity.
Peace

Lapeer, MI

#1068943 Jan 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
I am sorry.
I am sorry that so many people have been making insincere apologies. I hasten to add that I am not to blame for these terrible apologies, but I regret them deeply, all the same.
Chris Christie is terribly sorry that his staff lied to him about things they did without his knowledge, and he feels remorse that the partisan media are targeting him with a witch hunt.
Bob McDonnell is really sorry that an overzealous federal prosecutor is going after him for doing perfectly legal things.
And Glenn Beck feels just awful that people were so “fragile” that they allowed his rhetoric to tear the country apart.
Listening to the non-apologies and finger-pointing brings to mind George W. Bush’s long-ago vow to change a culture that says “if it feels good, do it; if you’ve got a problem, blame somebody else.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-m...
Just say "I am sorry".

We'll understand.
ptbw forever

Georgetown, IN

#1068944 Jan 26, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are a moron.
How does white nationalism preserve diversity??
What is diverse about an all white society you obviously desire??
Try not being an idiot in your answer. I lknow that's hard for you.
Consider these questions are idiotic and evidence of some serious reading comprehension issues, you might want to stop pretending you are even in my league.

White nationalism empowers and preserves white people, a significant part of the human spectrum. White nationalism preserves racial diversity because it makes sure the globe continues to be influenced by white people in some way, as opposed to making Europe the second Middle East and eliminating any future white/European contributions to the world.

White nationalism fights for the Europe that tourists(especially East Asians)WANT to see, not the riot prone ghettos that the left are creating over there.

It is not merely about having all white societies and countries, it is about having all white countries in a world that is otherwise completely non white, to balance it out. It is about preserving and recreating safe havens for white people who are constantly abused and taken advantage of in societies they have no power in(like the Boers and most white South Africans who have been dehumanized in a way that is unprecedented in recent human history).

I am the good guy here, and I know it scares you to think that you have been lied to by your trusted sources and peers, but the fact is that white nationalism absolutely has the moral high ground.

Lapeer, MI

#1068945 Jan 26, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Steel plate in your head eh? Splains everything
You need one in your pants
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1068946 Jan 26, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"take non-whites putting a Black man in the White House"??????????
Pray tell how 12% of the American population voted someone into the White House single-handedly. Idiot.
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.....along with minimum wage, Welfare Cheese, Make-Work, Affirmative Action, Pot Legalization, Magic Negro Executive Orders, etc. and the car wrecks and train wrecks of Progressive movements.
ok, maybe i was wrong.

Bush put Obama in the White House. something about a fake war, growing big government, running up the deficit, spending like a mad fool, ignoring his housing bubble, and last, but not least, Bushisms.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1068947 Jan 26, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that is what climate change is about , EXTREME weather. You might think about that next time you are shovelling snow or sand from your drive way. I hope Obama announces a carbon tax on gas!
http://natmonitor.com/2014/01/26/el-nino-stor...
weather, climate, whatever...

...for the left, the end result is always taxes and wealth redistribution....

and destruction of the economy....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1068948 Jan 26, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"uselessinceforever0000 "
You are dense. Please list the extra costs that were incurred by the votes you speak of. Do you not realize those expenses are going occur whether or not the law makers are voting for or against.
Peace
KMA
don't be silly, Eed...

Members Of Congress are paid by the vote.....
ptbw forever

Georgetown, IN

#1068949 Jan 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
have to love it when they espouse supporting TRUE diversity and the right of ALL peoples to a homeland when what they actually mean is....That's your country and this is mine. Now please get the hell out and go back to yours.
you should see how they act when you laugh in their face.
The only way for there to be true diversity is if each race and prominent ethnic group has their own nations, to deny this is to deny space and time.

I know the thought that there should be countries in which immigration doesn't ever disenfranchise the native population scares you, but again, you hate diversity so that is understandable.
ptbw forever

Georgetown, IN

#1068950 Jan 26, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Agree that Louisville is nice city with plenty to do and see. The Louisville topix forum is not spectacular however with the most recent entry being Jan 13.
If you actually lived there you'd likely know that.
So you idiots have gone from thinking I am a female to thinking I don't really live in the city I was born in and have lived in my entire life...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1068951 Jan 26, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Historical Revisionism is the hallmark of Marxist toadies and American Liberals.
Don't like history? Change it.
And then poison the children with it.
The Clinton Tax Challenge for Republicans

Republicans are adamant that taxes on the ultra-wealthy must not rise to the level they were at during the Clinton administration, as President Obama favors, lest economic devastation result. But they have a problem – the 1990s were the most prosperous era in recent history. This requires Republicans to try to rewrite the economic history of that decade.

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/05/...

Bruce Bartlett held senior policy roles in the Reagan and George H.W. Bush administrations and served on the staffs of Representatives Jack Kemp and Ron Paul.

between you and not so proud, you have to be the most clueless individuals i've ever seen.

Lapeer, MI

#1068952 Jan 26, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that is what climate change is about , EXTREME weather. You might think about that next time you are shovelling snow or sand from your drive way. I hope Obama announces a carbon tax on gas!
http://natmonitor.com/2014/01/26/el-nino-stor...
Extremism is a tactic used inside of Liberal propaganda, too.

Live long enough and weather extremes will appear.

Go shovel yer driveway, kid:)
ptbw forever

Georgetown, IN

#1068953 Jan 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
White nationalist groups espouse white supremacist or white separatist ideologies, often focusing on the alleged inferiority of non-whites.
Groups listed in a variety of other categories - Ku Klux Klan, neo-Confederate, neo-Nazi, racist skinhead, and Christian Identity - could also be fairly described as "white nationalist."
These groups range from those that use racial slurs and issue calls for violence to others that present themselves as serious, non-violent organizations and employ the language of academia.
For many years, the largest white nationalist group in America has been the Council of Conservative Citizens, a reincarnation of the old White Citizens Councils that were formed to resist desegregation in the 1950s and 1960s.
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelli...
The splc is nothing but a anti-white hate group that despicably tricks people into thinking that it speaks for southerners.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1068954 Jan 26, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
Consider these questions are idiotic and evidence of some serious reading comprehension issues, you might want to stop pretending you are even in my league.
White nationalism empowers and preserves white people, a significant part of the human spectrum. White nationalism preserves racial diversity because it makes sure the globe continues to be influenced by white people in some way, as opposed to making Europe the second Middle East and eliminating any future white/European contributions to the world.
White nationalism fights for the Europe that tourists(especially East Asians)WANT to see, not the riot prone ghettos that the left are creating over there.
It is not merely about having all white societies and countries, it is about having all white countries in a world that is otherwise completely non white, to balance it out. It is about preserving and recreating safe havens for white people who are constantly abused and taken advantage of in societies they have no power in(like the Boers and most white South Africans who have been dehumanized in a way that is unprecedented in recent human history).
I am the good guy here, and I know it scares you to think that you have been lied to by your trusted sources and peers, but the fact is that white nationalism absolutely has the moral high ground.
LOL

arrogance much?

but you are highly entertaining.

Lapeer, MI

#1068956 Jan 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
sleep well.....
Another indication that progress is being made was found in the recent presidential election in the United States. The American people revealed great maturity by overwhelmingly rejecting a presidential candidate who had become identified with extremism, racism, and retrogression. The voters of our nation rendered a telling blow to the radical right. They defeated those elements in our society which seek to pit white against Negro and lead the nation down a dangerous Fascist path.
http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/...
Quoting anything found on the Nobel website is fruitless when realizing how partisan and politically slanted the Nobel Committee is and has been since its creation.

Perusing its history of Prize Awards can be a shocker.

Unless you are a Cherry-Picker like sonic.
ptbw forever

Georgetown, IN

#1068957 Jan 26, 2014
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
No such thing as black racism, racist
fuggin nutjob
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1068958 Jan 26, 2014
Activist Son of Key Racist Leader Renounces White Nationalism

Black also directly confronted some of the main arguments of white nationalism, such as the idea that whites are being victimized by non-white immigration, mixed-race marriages and affirmative action — what amounts, in the arguments of white nationalists, to “genocide” aimed at destroying the white race. He also ridiculed many white nationalists’“particularly bizarre” hatred of Jews.

“I now consider this belief system principally flawed,” he said.“Most arguments that racial equity programs disadvantage whites who would otherwise be hired or accepted to academic programs mask underlying anxieties about the growth of non-white social status. It is impossible to argue rationally that in our society, with its overwhelming disparity between white power and that of everyone else, racial equity programs intended to affect the deep-rooted situation represent oppression of whites.” Indeed, Black added,“The advancement of minorities in the US is not insignificant, but has not ended (let alone reversed) their circumstances.”

Black was explicitly apologetic.“I acknowledge that things I have said as well as my actions have been harmful to people of color, people of Jewish descent, activists striving for opportunity and fairness for all, and others affected.”

“I can’t support a movement that tells me I can’t be a friend to whomever I wish or that other people’s races requires me to think about them in a certain way or be suspicious of their advancements,” Black wrote toward the end of his four-page statement.“Minorities must have the ability to rise to positions of power, and many supposed ‘race’ issues are in fact issues of structural oppression, poor educational prospects, and limited opportunity. The differences I thought I observed didn’t go nearly as deeply as I imagined. I believe we can move beyond the sort of mind-boggling emphasis white nationalism puts on maintaining an oppressive, exclusive sense of identity — oppressive for others and stifling for our society.”

http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2013/07/17/acti...

Lapeer, MI

#1068959 Jan 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
ok, maybe i was wrong.
Bush put Obama in the White House. something about a fake war, growing big government, running up the deficit, spending like a mad fool, ignoring his housing bubble, and last, but not least, Bushisms.
No "maybe" about it.

You *WERE* wrong the last post and you are wrong again now with your Bush-Bashing fall-back routine.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1068960 Jan 26, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way for there to be true diversity is if each race and prominent ethnic group has their own nations, to deny this is to deny space and time.
I know the thought that there should be countries in which immigration doesn't ever disenfranchise the native population scares you, but again, you hate diversity so that is understandable.
you're wasting your time. save it for the next Klan meeting.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1068961 Jan 26, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un announced on state television today that he believes the pop star Justin Bieber is “just a few arrests away” from visiting North Korea as his friend.
“Justin, if you are watching right now, this is my message to you,” Kim said.“I stand ready and willing to be your B.F.F.”
The mercurial Kim said that he would seek Mr. Bieber’s aid in boosting North Korea’s slumping pop-music industry, which has failed to generate any hits comparable to South Korea’s “Gangnam Style.”
“Justin Bieber could be our Minister of Culture,” he said.
The dictator said he understood that Mr. Bieber’s fans were concerned about the direction the singer was heading of late, but he offered this reassurance:“He is heading to North Korea. It’s all good.”
so you are a Bieber follower? What's Bieber's connection to this thread? Bieber's bad behavior is typical for leftist celebrities, he'll suffer no consequences for his behavior, celebs almost never do. We can't be judgemental, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 242,251
Review; Festa Italiana 4 hr Fest man 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr They cannot kill ... 11,015
Rahm Emmanuel fake mafia boss 6 hr Ricardo montobomb 1
Spanx-they're for me. 11 hr test 6
TRUTH will be revealed, someday, maybe. 12 hr Blame muslims 9
WHO'D have thunk it? 12 hr Art Vandalay 8

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages