Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1417035 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1068317 Jan 25, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"uselesssinceforever0000 "
Maybe it would be more clear if one did a google search regarding the 30+ bills passed by the house that hairless reed refuses to bring up for a vote.
Peace
KMA
We've already had this discussion.

Posted by Speaker Boehner's Press Office, January 24, 2012:

"The Democratic-controlled Senate is sitting on nearly 30 bipartisan House-passed jobs bills – including proposals supported by the president."

Eric Cantor claims that "House Republicans have passed 40 jobs bills that are currently stuck in the Democrat controlled Senate."

H.R. 2560 - The Republican Jobs Bill was tabled by Senator Reid by a vote of 51-46.

So, let's take a look at Cantor's list:

H.R. 872 Reducing Regulatory Burdens Act: Intented to eliminate the requirement of a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit for the use of pesticides already approved for use under FIFRA. It was passed in the House in 2011.

H.R. 910 Energy Tax Prevention Act: Prohibits the EPA from pursuing its climate change agenda for regulating greenhouse gases under the Clean Air Act; Republicans claim "this will save countless jobs and protect our economy from the tens of billions of dollars such a regulatory tax would cost." It passed the in the House in 2011.

H.J. Res. 37 Disapproval of FCC's Net Neutrality Regulations: Mere a resolution expressing disapproval of the net neutrality rules adopted by the Federal Communications Commission.

H.R. 2018 Clean Water Cooperative Federalism Act: To amend the Federal Water Pollution Control Act to preserve the authority of each State to make determinations relating to the State's water quality standards. This bill was renamed H.R. 1948 and is sitting in House committee.

H.R. 1315 Consumer Financial Protection & Soundness Improvement Act: Make it easier to restrain the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) from issuing regulations that Republicans believe could interfere with the safe operation of U.S. financial markets.

H.R. 2587 - Protecting Jobs from Government Interference Act: Prohibits the National Labor Relations Board from ordering any employer to close, relocate, or transfer employment under any circumstance. Passed the House in 2011.

H.R. 2401 Transparency in Regulatory Analysis of Impacts on the Nation Act: Requires analyses of the cumulative and incremental impacts of certain rules and actions of the Environmental Protection Agency. Passed the House in 2011

H.R. 2681 - Cement Sector Regulatory Relief Act: To provide additional time for the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency to issue achievable standards for cement manufacturing facilities. Passed the House in 2011

H.R. 2250 EPA Regulatory Relief Act: Hailed by Republicans as a "timeout" from long-delayed regulations aimed at mercury that threatened to raise costs on boiler operators and incinerators. The measure exempts smaller burning facilities from any regulation at all.

H.R. 2273 Coal Residuals Reuse and Management Act: A restructuring of regulating of the management and disposal of coal combustion residuals.

Well, you get the idea. None of these are worth wasting the Senate's time addressing. They are all cut from the same Republican cloth...Workforce Democracy and Fairness Act; Regulatory Accountability Act; Regulatory Flexibility Improvements Act; REINS Act; Red Tape Reduction and Small Business Job Creation Act; Small Business Tax Cut Act; Health Care Cost Reduction Act; 3% Withholding Rule Repeal UGH!!! Doesn't the House have better things to do than play partisan poltics?

http://majorityleader.gov/JobsTracker/

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1068318 Jan 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill O'Reilly: "God told me to write about Jesus". Enough said.
God helps those who help themselves, the conservative credo.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1068319 Jan 25, 2014
very few companies will consider hiring the long-term unemployed because of the perception that these people are lacking in motivation...a reasonable assumption...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1068320 Jan 25, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>"..drink urine samples as Lemonade." -----shinningelectr0n
"Smile and the world smiles with you. Bend over and the world will smile even more"

---- Lnc, speaking about his personal joyful experiences.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1068321 Jan 25, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Propaganda disguised as "artistic license" by the biggest hypocrites on the planet.
Hollywood is controlled by a very small group and only members of the tribe are permitted to join.....

Lapeer, MI

#1068322 Jan 25, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Note how the hypocrite "Lnc" ignores the fact that he/she and several other leftists posting on this thread "regurgitate the "party-line" or talking points of others; usually of their particular political party."
Not *ONE* independent thought in sight or on their horizon.

Their entire educational process was done rote. They could recite the entirety of Chairman Mao's Red Book and not understand a word of it.

Lapeer, MI

#1068323 Jan 25, 2014
new yawk wrote:
You don't need to look any further than this thread.
Many of your Conservative/Republican Associates are anti-Semite.
Start with them ... Then your words may stand for something.
Until then, just more blather from a blubbering idiot.
Luv, Lorena Bobbitt ... ;
<quoted text>
Your Head Transplant went horribly wrong.

You now peek through your zipper and pee on the light fixtures.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1068324 Jan 25, 2014
Reich wingers are controlled by hate.

Tha'ts their norm......
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1068325 Jan 25, 2014
What did he name it for you?

With a big mouth you have. O Boy, Larry bragged on you about THAT, Fluffer ...:-(

AHaHaaHaaaa ...!
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's just say that Larry Sinclair named it for the boy.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1068326 Jan 25, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of the GFC in 2008 was fictional and Hollywood produced. I think Madoff made Gordon Gecko look like he was Mother Teresa. What about all those Bankers who came out as clean skins with a slap on the wrist fine. Not even Hollywood could come up with that.
In Hollywood the goodies always overcome the baddies, haven't seen much of that happening yet down at Wall St.
despite the publicity. Bernie Madoff was a small-timer who affected relatively few people...

Madoff ran a classic affinity scam that trapped only those who thought they were part of the "in-crowd" and getting a special deal not available to Gentiles....victims of their own greed who deserve no sympathy...

“you know i know”

denver

#1068327 Jan 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would suggest you Google...Republican controlled House of Representatives roadblock to progress.
I suggest you get a reality check, nothing Barry has done or will do can be considered progress, especially his worthless $480 billion "jobs": bill which he has no money to pay for it with.

However the republican controlled House has passed 4 bills that would create immediate progress and jobs with minimal cost to taxpayers.
Harry Reid will not even bring them up in the Senate and the boy blunder Barry won't even mention them.

When Barry says he wants to work with congress, it's simply another of his legion of lies.

wise up.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1068328 Jan 25, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
God helps those who help themselves, the conservative credo.
Especially if God tells you to keep taking from the poor as you need it more than them.

Lapeer, MI

#1068329 Jan 25, 2014
new yawk wrote:
What did he name it for you?
With a big mouth you have. O Boy, Larry bragged on you about THAT, Fluffer ...:-(
AHaHaaHaaaa ...!
<quoted text>
You look so funny with your tongue stuck in that vodka bottle and tallywhacker stuck in a bottle of hand cream. Time to go to the ER?

“you know i know”

denver

#1068330 Jan 25, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it's all a lie, Waxman!! It's been completely debunked, just like you!!
You're the only nitwit who still believes the FOX propaganda.
Read the Senate Report. Quit being an idiot!!
----------
""Senate Panel: No 'Stand Down' In Benghazi, No Military Saviors
The Senate Intelligence Committee made headlines last week by reporting that the 2012 attack in Benghazi was preventable. But frankly, we knew that. The deeper message of the bipartisan report was that Republicans in Congress wasted a year arguing about what turned out to be mostly phony issues.
The GOP's Benghazi obsession was the weird backdrop for foreign-policy debate through much of last year. Sen. Lindsey Graham used it as a pretext for blocking administration Republican members as well as Democrats.""
so, where was he and what was he doing? should be simple enough to answer. Why don't you answer? A sentence or 2 should be ample to answer.
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1068332 Jan 25, 2014
Eh, shad up before I stuff your mouth with minced tenders served on Melba Toast,

Chief Chopped Sweet Breads ...
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
When someone steps on your toes, your mouth flaps open like one of those mechanical wastebaskets.
I can see you are almost full now.

“you know i know”

denver

#1068333 Jan 25, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Especially if God tells you to keep taking from the poor as you need it more than them.
Just what is it that the poor have and is being taken from them? Big rims? Big TV's? Expensive sneakers? Money?

“you know i know”

denver

#1068334 Jan 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm half white and half Miami Indian.
though the white half has to get out of the way every year so i can celebrate Custer's demise.
and i'm pretty sure that people of color populated the earth long before white folks.
I'm pretty sure that most of your posts sound like they come from a raving lunatic and you know nothing about an abundance of subjects.

Anyone who agrees with Barry and his trillion dollar deficits, among other things, clearly can't be thinking straight.

Anyone who thinks Obamakare could possibly succeed is clearly lacking in knowledge, intelligence, sophistication or common sense.
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1068335 Jan 25, 2014
4 Hours ??? Don't forget your coat Dear.

Just throw it over your anatomically connected hanger.

Careful, it might just SNAP o ... Ooopppssss !

HaHaaHaaaaaaaaa ....
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You look so funny with your tongue stuck in that vodka bottle and tallywhacker stuck in a bottle of hand cream. Time to go to the ER?

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1068336 Jan 25, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
have you no sympathy for this poor woman who lost her child to starvation bred of income inequality???...
How insensitive of me.

At least she has a home awaiting in NYC if Philly boots her out. This is exactly the type of person DeBlasio wants to take care of.

“you know i know”

denver

#1068337 Jan 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm half white and half Miami Indian.
though the white half has to get out of the way every year so i can celebrate Custer's demise.
and i'm pretty sure that people of color populated the earth long before white folks.
You might want to take more pride in your white half, whitey has made our entire civilized and technologically advanced world possible. Today's white liberals are self loathing, no other population of the world acts as white liberals do today. Not blacks, not browns, not Arabs, not Chinese, Not native americans, not Zimbabweans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Dr Guru 222,200
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 42 min Ize Found 70,935
last post wins! (Dec '10) 59 min They cannot kill ... 2,401
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 60,990
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Go Blue Forever 103,417
News Baby dead, 3 missing after extra-alarm fire in ... 2 hr grounded in reality 1
News Young girl at vigil for brother's slain friend ... 2 hr grounded in reality 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages