Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1762685 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1068897 Jan 26, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good Nuc.
You are correct and Grey Ghost the sock is wrong.
Gunner was 10 miles southeast and not me.
Guess what though? Nobody else is me either, you paranoid Obama voting, liberal idiot!
lol! You're not even on the same continent son.

Pretty much takes care of your argument!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1068898 Jan 26, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You make a very good point. Republican men do seem to believe that wives should be subservient to their husbands.
Rep. Steve Pearce (R-NM) pretty much summed it up when he stated in his recent memoir that it is the wife’s role to “voluntarily submit, just as the husband is to lovingly lead and sacrifice."
You know? I wish reich wingers would point that out in the Constitution so I know what they're talking about!!!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1068899 Jan 26, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
This was written by a 21 yr. old female who gets it. It's her future she's worried about and this is how she feels about the social welfare big government state that she's being forced to live in! These solutions are just common sense in her opinion.
This was in the Waco Tribune Herald, Waco , TX
"PUT ME IN CHARGE ...
Put me in charge of food stamps. I'd get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.
Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I'd do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations.Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, or smoke, then get a job.
Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your "home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.
In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22-inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the "common good."
Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules. Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.
If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.
(I love this one.)
AND While you are on Gov't subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes, that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a Gov't welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job."
Of course son.

For reich wingers, the fascist way IS their way.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1068900 Jan 26, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Like what? What was in the stimulus that hurt this country. The job bills.
NOTHING.
The Republicans blocked actions that would have helped us recover.
Quit making excuses.
Porkulus was $1 trillion in debt that produced no results...except to fatten union pension funds....
Patriot

Loveland, CO

#1068901 Jan 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>thank you for adding another proof to my theory that commenters with patriot in their name are usually the least informed about the country they live in...
try keeping the shiny side facing out on your tin foil helmet...
-----

Your rhetoric is old and worn out, what's the matter don'tt know how to 'change' that are were they that successful in dumbing you down? For you and those like you - http://biblehub.com/john/8-44.htm . WAKE UP Before it's too late - The End Game is Bigger than you apparently know.

http://biblehub.com/nlt/2_thessalonians/2.htm note vs 10

http://biblehub.com/revelation/21-8.htm
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1068902 Jan 26, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly...except this time they screwed up and sandbagged Christie too early...
Whoosh!

Right under the bus!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1068903 Jan 26, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
here's a clue...nobody watches those shows....
most folks have better things to do on Sundays than to watch TV ....
.. like fart news.

.... cns

.... townhall

Reich wing indoctrination never stops!!!
ptbw forever

Georgetown, IN

#1068904 Jan 26, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Mosqueing the Public School: Muslim High School Students Demand Prayer Accommodations in Md Public School
MOSQUEING THE PUBLIC SCHOOL 18 Comments
Imposing Islam on the public square, and in this case, the public school. This is an Islamic pattern to impose sharia, Islamic supremacism on the infidel. I write about it extensively in my book, Stop the Islamization of America: A Practical Guide to the Resistance. Muslim students in the Parkdale High School in Riverdale, MD, a public school, want Muslim prayer space for congregational prayer (they already get individual Muslim prayer time). Nowhere mentioned in this article is the fact that a Muslim can also pray later if he or she is unable to pray at the scheduled time for any valid reason. Mind you, requests for prayers are have all been granted, says Cheryl Logan, the principal of Parkdale High School.
All
parents who had given written permission received this good news on
January 13, 2013. On Monday, January 14, 2013, students will be directed
to a location to pray Dhuhr prayer in jam'ah from 12:45 to 1:00. They
will be excused from class 10 minutes early so that they can fulfill
this obligation.
Excused early from class? More special accomodations for a special class. Again and again, Muslim supremacists how to islamize
their public schools.
Read more: http://pamelageller.com/2013/01/mosqueing-the...
Follow us:@Atlasshrugs on Twitter | pamelageller on Facebook
Where are the inbred liberals who mindlessly shout separation of church and state now?

This just exposes Democrats as anti-Christian bigots who should never be allowed to regulate religious matters ever again.
ptbw forever

Georgetown, IN

#1068905 Jan 26, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Of course son.
For reich wingers, the fascist way IS their way.
You retards wouldn't know what fascism was if it took you to the side of the street and beat you within an inch of your life.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1068906 Jan 26, 2014
angel wrote:
<quoted text>
It says so much that Teabaggers first reflex reaction to Good News for The United States is bad News for them or the subject of ridicule.
The American Electorate was SO right to judge them unfit to lead....Twice going on Three.
They will NEVER be part of any solutions. LMAO!
All your whining is unhealthy, you know.

But then, you were unhealthy to begin with.

Carry on......

Lapeer, MI

#1068907 Jan 26, 2014
angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you feel the need for so many screen handles?
Are we supposed to beleive 20 different folks from Louisville jump on Topix simultaneously every day at the same time?
you are legion......

Lapeer, MI

#1068908 Jan 26, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Using Waxman's judge-it loading as evidence to make a point illustrates how gullible you right wing morons are.
8 Lemons so far!

Urine trouble now!
ptbw forever

Georgetown, IN

#1068909 Jan 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Jay Carney Says Obama Will 'Bypass Congress' In 2014
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/26/jay-...
it's about time.
So Democrats are Monarchist and fascist now?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1068910 Jan 26, 2014
This is What the GOP Establishment Thinks of You

It is very easy to avert our eyes from the painful reality that is confronting us within the Republican Party. We would all love to cheer on a GOP victory in the midterm elections, win back the Senate, and live happily ever after. But as Republicans gear up for the week of amnesty, they have made it clear that the entire purpose of a Republican majority is to push the most important priority of the Democrat Party.

This is why we need to change the party in the primaries.

GOP leadership is now fully aware of our growing effort to elect Republicans who believe in the party platform, and according to the Wall Street Journal, they will time their amnesty bills accordingly:

“House leaders hope to bring legislation to the floor as early as April, the people close to the process said, after the deadline has passed in many states for challengers to file paperwork needed to run for Congress. Republican leaders hope that would diminish chances that a lawmaker’s support for immigration bills winds up sparking a primary-election fight.”

So this is what the party leaders think of the people who rebuilt the party since 2010 after it was destroyed during the Bush years.

http://www.redstate.com/2014/01/26/this-is-wh...

after it was destroyed during the Bush years.

now i wonder what brought him to that conclusion? maybe it's all the stuff that the deniers keep denying?

and before you Bush voters get all worked up.....hey, i'm just trying to follow the right wing chain of thought.

Lapeer, MI

#1068911 Jan 26, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Subzero weather where? Your history shows your posts coming from Orlando Florida.
It just looks that way.

If you had a head on your shoulders instead of a granite gargoyle, you'd understand that Topix messes up poster locations big time and quite often.

Besides that, I do have a way of warming things up everywhere I go.

A regular Mr. Ingratiation, I am

Have those Oranges frozen yet down there? It's coming.

Lapeer, MI

#1068912 Jan 26, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Subzero weather where? Your history shows your posts coming from Orlando Florida.
Do you know if the Magic Negro is going to make another Glowbull Warming Speech soon with Eric Racist Holder?

They're gonna have to do it indoors, I'm sure.

Wouldn't wanna freeze the balls off of a couple of Brass Monkeys, eh?

Lapeer, MI

#1068915 Jan 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Jewish Vote Goes 69 Percent For Barack Obama: Exit Polls
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/07/jewi...
And the Rats followed the Pied Piper into oblivion.

That was not so much a reflection on the intelligence of Rats but on the skills of a dedicated killer.

Getcher eyes wide open and out from behind those Rose Colored Glasses lest you become a Lemming in fact, too, beside just word.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1068916 Jan 26, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Webster says a child is a son/daughter.
Dumbass
Yeah but 33?? Is that normal? Do you dress it up?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1068917 Jan 26, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are the inbred liberals who mindlessly shout separation of church and state now?
This just exposes Democrats as anti-Christian bigots who should never be allowed to regulate religious matters ever again.
anti Christian?

America's First Muslim President

Muslim Americans helped elect George W. Bush

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2010/08...

makes sense now.....

How the Iraq War Became a War on Christians

When he came to office, President Bush famously scribbled in a report on the Clinton administration’s inaction during the Rwandan genocide,“Not on my watch.” Clinton today admits that inaction in Rwanda is his greatest regret. One day, Bush may look back on the neglect of the Middle East’s Christians with similar regret.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1068918 Jan 26, 2014
Texas Public Schools Are Teaching Creationism

An investigation into charter schools’ dishonest and unconstitutional science, history, and “values” lessons.

When public-school students enrolled in Texas’ largest charter program open their biology workbooks, they will read that the fossil record is “sketchy.” That evolution is “dogma” and an “unproved theory” with no experimental basis. They will be told that leading scientists dispute the mechanisms of evolution and the age of the Earth. These are all lies.

The more than 17,000 students in the Responsive Education Solutions charter system will learn in their history classes that some residents of the Philippines were “pagans in various levels of civilization.” They’ll read in a history textbook that feminism forced women to turn to the government as a “surrogate husband.”

Responsive Ed has a secular veneer and is funded by public money, but it has been connected from its inception to the creationist movement and to far-right fundamentalists who seek to undermine the separation of church and state.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_scie...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change one letter in the word (Mar '12) 52 min The real Rudy 111
84 shootings in May 2 hr lol 5
News Chicago man charged for rash of carjackings, fa... 2 hr lol 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr judy 64,688
Trump says Kids Over Medicated 8 hr Tuck Frump 6
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 9 hr MPMMB 12,330
Change one letter in the word (Apr '12) 23 hr The real Rudy 91

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages