Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1460232 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

ptbw forever

Georgetown, IN

#1068393 Jan 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
what is 'preserving diversity'?
Global racial and ethnic diversity. Preserving humankind the way it was created to be.

Do you want the French to disappear completely? Do you want the Germans to disappear completely? How about the Swedes? Or the Dutch? Or the Belgians? The Italians? The Greeks? Eastern Europeans who survived the Soviet Union? Russians?

All of Europe's legacy will literally be gone if the left continues to get their way, and human diversity will be dealt a major blow that will only result in the Asians disappearing next.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1068394 Jan 26, 2014
new yawk wrote:
Must we hear about your inadequate anatomy?
Too short to aim accurately standing up.
Blah, Blah, Blah - Your diminutive anatomy, pee-wee- Blah, Blah, Blah - All wee-weed up.
Get lost and take your 2 inches with you - Please.
It's Your Stupidity ... The pubescent, infantile, juvenile toddler toilet fixations of yours.
<quoted text>
This is called a *new yawk state of mind*, folks.

Peenis Envy at it's worst

Lapeer, MI

#1068395 Jan 26, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
Windsor, Ontario.
The extremely cold weather that’s blanketed southern Ontario for nearly a month is wreaking havoc on birds that aren’t used to the cold.
“With all these mild winters over the last 10 or 20 years, there are some birds that used to be more southern and have moved into Ontario and become more common,” said Paul Pratt, head naturalist at the Ojibway Nature Centre in Windsor, Ont.
Who cares?

We've had plenty of subzero weather here, too, and my bird is working just fine.

Lapeer, MI

#1068396 Jan 26, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>????????
....and you wonder why you get so many damned 'clueless' judgits!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Lapeer, MI

#1068397 Jan 26, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
Global racial and ethnic diversity. Preserving humankind the way it was created to be.
Do you want the French to disappear completely? Do you want the Germans to disappear completely? How about the Swedes? Or the Dutch? Or the Belgians? The Italians? The Greeks? Eastern Europeans who survived the Soviet Union? Russians?
All of Europe's legacy will literally be gone if the left continues to get their way, and human diversity will be dealt a major blow that will only result in the Asians disappearing next.
Perhaps sonic would only like to see the Jews disappear completely like the Magic Negro does.

Lapeer, MI

#1068398 Jan 26, 2014
I truly enjoy Science but I also enjoy simple stories of human relationships.

This one in particular lights me up:

Rocky "Anna" - Blood Brother: http://www.karmatube.org/videos.php...

If you get the chance to watch it on your local PBS - Independent Lens, I highly recommend you doing so.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1068401 Jan 26, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
Two weeks after the attack, Obama speaks in front of the UN:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/25/obam...
Notice the date. September 25, 2012.
"There are no words that excuse the killing of innocents. There is no video that justifies an attack on an embassy..."
Another excerpt of that speech:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/sep/...
"In every country, there are those who find different religious beliefs threatening; in every culture, those who love freedom for themselves must ask themselves how much they’re willing to tolerate freedom for others. That is what we saw play out in the last two weeks, as a crude and disgusting video sparked outrage throughout the Muslim world.”
....Anyone who denies Obama didn't blame Benghazi on a video is delusional.
No Carol, you're the one who's delusional and have the reading comprehension of a gerbil to boot.
Where is Benghazi mentioned in either statement you've posted nitwit? Nowhere! he specifically mentions attacks on our embassies. Did we have an embassy in Benghazi? NO STUPID!
Were our embassies attacked in other areas? YES STUPID! They were attacked in Cairo, Yemen and Tunis. Did people die in those attacks? YES STUPID!
You're an idiot Carol!
angel

Boise, ID

#1068402 Jan 26, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un announced on state television today that he believes the pop star Justin Bieber is “just a few arrests away” from visiting North Korea as his friend.
“Justin, if you are watching right now, this is my message to you,” Kim said.“I stand ready and willing to be your B.F.F.”
The mercurial Kim said that he would seek Mr. Bieber’s aid in boosting North Korea’s slumping pop-music industry, which has failed to generate any hits comparable to South Korea’s “Gangnam Style.”
“Justin Bieber could be our Minister of Culture,” he said.
The dictator said he understood that Mr. Bieber’s fans were concerned about the direction the singer was heading of late, but he offered this reassurance:“He is heading to North Korea. It’s all good.”
Justin Bieber in North Korea?
Im good with that.
Ill bet we could come up with a delegation to go with him that would please Libtards and Teabaggers.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1068403 Jan 26, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The liberal media practically worships this progressive liberal president as their "golden calf".
If he were a Republican, he'd be melted down into little tiny nuggets.
The only reason dimwits like you think that there's a "liberal" media is that you're so far to the right that anything to the right of Fox is liberal. You're "liberal" media is a myth that only those whose hate warped minds can't accept anything but the lies that they want to believe and that Fox is only too happy to feed them.
angel

Boise, ID

#1068404 Jan 26, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
And where is the Kenyan Pimp positioned in these reductions, eh?
I thought he was supposed to be the Golfer-In-Chief and not a member of Congress.
It says so much that Teabaggers first reflex reaction to Good News for The United States is bad News for them or the subject of ridicule.
The American Electorate was SO right to judge them unfit to lead....Twice going on Three.
They will NEVER be part of any solutions. LMAO!
angel

Boise, ID

#1068405 Jan 26, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never so much as typed "Hitler" on this site until just now.
White nationalism is about preserving diversity, not Nazism.
Why do you feel the need for so many screen handles?
Are we supposed to beleive 20 different folks from Louisville jump on Topix simultaneously every day at the same time?
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1068406 Jan 26, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's only two solutions to income inequality. Bringing down the top to a lower level or raising up the bottom to a higher level.
The first solution would probably not sit very well with the wealthy democrats on Capital Hill, liberal Hollywood celebrities, liberal CEOs, liberal professional athletes and all other liberal 1%'ers.
The second solution is probably the best one. Wonder if Obama will even consider it.
Really Carol? Name one liberal who voted against raising the top rate to where it was before the Bush tax cuts. No, it's the Romney's, Koch's , Walton's and their ilk who just want more and more and don't care who gets hurt in the process. They're like those obsessive compulsives who hoard newspapers until every room is filled to capacity.
And yes stupid, Obama has advocated raising the minimum wage which would address income inequality and campaigned on it. Who's against it? The GOP at the behest of their backers like the Romney's, the Koch's and the Walton's.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1068407 Jan 26, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, they're doing a fine job of it so far. Screwing the middle class. But I'm afraid the middle class is just starting to feel the point of the screw. If taxpayers end up having to bail out insurance companies because of Obama's failed health care reform, I mean. He's already told the insurance companies not to worry. They're covered if he ends up screwing them too.
Delusional much Carol? As part of the stimulus package Obama lowered the payroll tax on middle class working families. Who was opposed to it? The Republicans. The GOP's anti labor pro corporate policies are the issues that contribute to the contracting middle class. Name one piece of legislation that the Republicans have proposed that benefits the middle class Carol. What party is blocking raising the minimum wage? What party has blocked extending unemployment benefits and hurting those who no fault of their own are out of work?
You're an idiot Carol.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1068408 Jan 26, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Pal...you sure do get a LOT of lemons here on Topix.
Remember, when Life hands you Lemons, drink urine samples as Lemonade.
Using Waxman's judge-it loading as evidence to make a point illustrates how gullible you right wing morons are.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1068409 Jan 26, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so angry defending this president?
Seems to me if you were right and the rest of us were wrong, your anger wouldn't be necessary. You'd have solid arguments to stand behind instead.
Requiring an ID to vote isn't all that unreasonable to incite this kind of reaction. Unless you're afraid voter IDs would drastically affect the number of votes for your party.
Why else would it make you so angry?
I get angry when you and you're extreme right wing ilk spout lies.
What I stated were facts. Arizona doesn't have the right to set up its own immigration policy and states can't suppress the votes of those who are likely to vote Democratic. That's been the GOP strategy all along. Paul Weyrich who cofounded the Heritage society and ALEC which has been the source for these voter ID laws admitted as much in a speech;
"Now many of our Christians have what I call the 'goo-goo syndrome.' Good government. They want everybody to vote. I don't want everybody to vote. Elections are not won by a majority of people. They never have been from the beginning of our country, and they are not now. As a matter of fact our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down." —Paul Weyrich, 1980
In other words Republicans stand a better chance of winning if votes are suppressed. So why the hell wouldn't I be angry about that nitwit?
This excuse that the right wing uses that it would prevent voter fraud is a myth and they know it.
Prosecutable cases of voter fraud are rare. For example, a 2005 statewide study in Ohio found four instances of ineligible persons voting or attempting to vote in 2002 and 2004, out of 9 million votes cast. An investigation of fraud allegations in Wisconsin in 2004 led to the prosecution of 0.0007 percent of voters. From 2002 to 2005, the Justice Department found, only five people were convicted for voting multiple times. In that same period, federal prosecutors convicted only 86 people for improper voting.
According to Barnard political scientist Lorraine Minnite, most instances of improper voting involve registration and eligibility, such as voters filling out registration forms incorrectly or a person with felony convictions attempting to register. Neither of those issues would be prevented by a state photo ID requirement. According to George Washington University law professor Spencer Overton, a former member of the Commission on Federal Election Reform,“a photo ID requirement would prevent over 1,000 legitimate votes (perhaps over 10,000 legitimate votes) for every single improper vote prevented.”

As for your baseless claims that Obama wanted to change this country here's another quote from Paul Weyrich;
"We are different from previous generations of conservatives... We are no longer working to preserve the status quo. We are radicals, working to overturn the present power structure of this country." So who wants to fundamentally change the country Carol? It's the extreme right and it would be for the benefit of the ultra wealthy and to the detriment of the middle class and the poor.
You're an idiot Carol.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1068410 Jan 26, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares?
We've had plenty of subzero weather here, too, and my bird is working just fine.
Subzero weather where? Your history shows your posts coming from Orlando Florida.

Since: May 11

New Oxford, PA

#1068411 Jan 26, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
3. The debt doubling isn't somehow worse than Obama adding an even higher amount, you are ridiculous.
4.I am not a liberal sissy faggot like white Democrats are, I pump weights everyday and kick the crap out of arguments from losers on the internet who claim to have the moral high ground when they hate certain kinds of people just for existing. I know you are probably one of those flamers who watches the NBA with a hard on, but I wouldn't be caught dead disgracing my ancestors in such a shameless fashion.
The people you count on to "counterbalance racists" are often times even more racist in the offensive position.
3. The point is that you &your ilk said NOTHING while Bush was doubling the debt. The debt run up under Obama is primarily due to continuing spending in place before Obama took office, added spending due to the recession & reduced revenues due to the bad economy due to the recession. Please list the spending Obama added that increased the debt?

4. Wow, the bigoted f*ck now thinks he is a tough guy. Look, f*ckhead, you can take your racism & bigotry & shove them up your fat ass. Ethnic groups banding together to promote their general well being is not racist. Those like you who want to keep these groups down, are racist f*cks.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1068412 Jan 26, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>

what a crock.

so who or what determines 'the way it was created to be'?

if i were you i'd run as far away from that as i could. the fact that you felt comfortable enough to even post such nonsense speaks loudly to who you are: exactly the kind of person who i've spent a good part of my life taking down. a pursuit that has never seen failure. seems people like you can't help but put their views front and center due to their ethnic arrogance. an arrogance that leads to this sort of thing.....

"What we must fight for is to safeguard the existence and reproduction of our race and our people, the sustenance of our children and the purity of our blood, the freedom and independence of the fatherland, so that our people may mature for the fulfillment of the mission allotted it by the creator of the universe."

let's see you dance around that.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1068413 Jan 26, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps sonic would only like to see the Jews disappear completely like the Magic Negro does.
LOL

Jewish Vote Goes 69 Percent For Barack Obama: Exit Polls

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/07/jewi...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1068414 Jan 26, 2014
"Silence about what matters is not golden"

Sometimes, you get the feeling that’s the only King quote conservatives know.

They can’t quote what he said about unions:“We can all get more together than we can apart.”

They can’t quote what he said about poverty:“The solution to poverty is to abolish it directly by a now widely discussed measure: the guaranteed income.”

They can’t quote what he said about injustice:“America has given the Negro people a bad check, a check which has come back marked,‘insufficient funds.’”

But they always quote the “content of character” passage from King’s “I Have A Dream” speech. They see it as supportive of their ideal of a so-called “colorblind” society wherein race — and racial problems — are acknowledged never.

Sarah Palin is the latest. Last week on the King holiday, she quoted that passage on Facebook and added:“Mr. President, in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. and all who commit to ending any racial divide, no more playing the race card.”

You will hear President Obama talk about race only slightly more frequently than you will hear Mitch McConnell say,“Get down, with your bad self!” so there was a moment of disconnect in trying to figure out what she was talking about. Apparently, the reference was to a piece in last week’s New Yorker where Obama acknowledged that there are “some folks who really dislike me because they don’t like the idea of a black president.” He also said some people probably cut him slack for the same attribute.

By now, most thoughtful people would take both observations as self-evident. And you have to wonder: If this mild remark is “playing the race card” what, then, may we permissibly say about race in Palin’s ideal world? Apparently, nothing.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/01/25/3891264...

not true! white people are allowed to lecture black people on reverse racism any time they want! read the rules!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 24 min Boris 104,555
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 46 min Got a Woody - Allan 62,355
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 49 min Always hopeful 7,957
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Found 71,243
God is a Trump sucker after all!!! 2 hr kyman 2
TRUMP FORCE being formed to clean up Chicago! 2 hr kyman 2
The Color of Crime in Chicago. 2 hr kyman 23

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages