Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1509844 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1068467 Jan 26, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
I could ask you same thing miss Boise.
Louisville is actually easily one of the most famous cities in America, and a lot of people here are on the internet quite a lot for whatever reason.
Agree that Louisville is nice city with plenty to do and see. The Louisville topix forum is not spectacular however with the most recent entry being Jan 13.

If you actually lived there you'd likely know that.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1068468 Jan 26, 2014
White nationalist groups espouse white supremacist or white separatist ideologies, often focusing on the alleged inferiority of non-whites.

Groups listed in a variety of other categories - Ku Klux Klan, neo-Confederate, neo-Nazi, racist skinhead, and Christian Identity - could also be fairly described as "white nationalist."

These groups range from those that use racial slurs and issue calls for violence to others that present themselves as serious, non-violent organizations and employ the language of academia.

For many years, the largest white nationalist group in America has been the Council of Conservative Citizens, a reincarnation of the old White Citizens Councils that were formed to resist desegregation in the 1950s and 1960s.

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelli...

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#1068469 Jan 26, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
Good job misspelling "grammar" btw(I assume your misspelling of "ignorant" was a typo).
"There's things a child knows more about than you"
lmao
Even a child knows "There ARE things a child...."

Grammar is the least of that idiot's worries!
ptbw forever

Georgetown, IN

#1068470 Jan 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
ah, the Nazi boy. please don't make me drag out anymore Hitler quotes. it's somewhat depressing that in this day and age we still have people who haven't figured out that a hundred years from now everyone will have a permanent tan.
and ask me one day when we have a lot of time about how i used to get hired by companies to come in and make sure they didn't have to deal with any more discrimination lawsuits. i put a new spin on the term 'head-hunter'. so go find someone else to try to convince that your place in the world needs to assured, because i will eat you alive.
No company would be dumb enough to hire you for anything significant.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1068471 Jan 26, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I watched TV in disgust this morning as Magic Negro Brownshirts taught grade school tykes that bad people are heating up the globe and the the President and Algore are trying to stop them.
This is looking just like Nazi Germany again.
Leave the f*cking kids alone!
And you know what Nazi Germany looked like?? Explain.

Or you're just talking stupidly again. Likely.

Leave them alone and they'll end up brainless morons like you.

Proof of which you offer with every mindless post.

Exhibit A was this masterpiece of ignorance on your part.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1068472 Jan 26, 2014
White nationalism is the idea that white people make up a nation that is in need of a nationalism. The fact that white people actually make up several nations does not seem to matter to most racists, nor does the fact that white people have been (for the most part) running the world for a long time, thus negating the need for a nationalism.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/White_nationalis...

have to love it when they espouse supporting TRUE diversity and the right of ALL peoples to a homeland when what they actually mean is....That's your country and this is mine. Now please get the hell out and go back to yours.

you should see how they act when you laugh in their face.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1068473 Jan 26, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Delusional much Carol? As part of the stimulus package Obama lowered the payroll tax on middle class working families.
a temporary cut that accomplished nothing except to defund Social Security....

the middle class is getting screwed by ObamaKKKare and will punish the DemoKKKrats.....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1068474 Jan 26, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
No company would be dumb enough to hire you for anything significant.
are you someone i fired? wouldn't surprise me.

btw, i got sued a couple of times for reverse discrimination. before that i didn't know a Judge could laugh a plaintiff out of court.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1068475 Jan 26, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, the bigoted f*ck now thinks he is a tough guy. Look, f*ckhead, you can take your racism & bigotry & shove them up your fat ass. Ethnic groups banding together to promote their general well being is not racist. Those like you who want to keep these groups down, are racist f*cks.
so, is it OK if white folks band together to shove your bigoted black racism up your fat black ass???...

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#1068476 Jan 26, 2014
Emeem wrote:
The stupid party remains stupid:
Politico: "After the 2012 election, establishment Republicans promised things would be different next time. They'd stop turning off women. They'd tamp down on rogue outside groups. And they'd get the tea party movement in line. But now that 2014 is here, those goals seem as elusive as ever and even insiders admit the party's got a long way to go — if it really wants to change."
You would think that thanks to angry the tea party and a compliant GOP, Americans giving Congress an 8% approval rating would be a wake up call to the right.

Nope.

You have to remember, this GOP party is led by the most stubborn, entrenched group of Americans. Old white Christian men. Most of them were taught to hate blacks, Jews, Hispanics, hell, anyone who is not white and Christian. They would rather take the entire party down with them in flames then evolve with the rest of America. They really believe that there are enough closet homophobes, misogynists and racists out there that when election time comes, they will vote because the democrats are sooooooo wrong about the direction the country is headed. Never mind that Americans themselves have decided that gay marriage is ok, legalized marijuana is ok, gun control is more than ok, women are perfectly capable of controlling their OWN reproduction and no, christianity has no place in politics in a country that prides itself on RELIGIOUS FREEDOM.

Let's HOPE that the teapublicans CHANGE and soon or the teapublican brand will be forever damaged by this select group of old, selfish, white, christian men with antiquated ideas and an enormous sense of superiority.

Location hidden

#1068477 Jan 26, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because my tremendous humility gets in the way.
Not to mention your Guiness Record Book stupidity!!

hybrids-electrics-drone technology

You proved yourself an idiot on all that and more!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1068478 Jan 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Jewish Vote Goes 69 Percent For Barack Obama: Exit Polls
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/07/jewi...
the orchestra that lured Jews to the gas chambers at Auschwitz was Jewish....

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#1068479 Jan 26, 2014
Sonic,
Don't be such a goof.
Short of worldwide calamity or natural disaster, the Caucasian race is not headed for extinction in the next 100 years.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1068480 Jan 26, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
You want Rand Paul to be your candidate? Well I think I speak for the vast majority of Democrats when I say we really, really, really oh please God want Rand Paul to be your candidate.
so, we agree...good...

Location hidden

#1068481 Jan 26, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Note how the hypocrite "Lnc" ignores the fact that he/she and several other leftists posting on this thread "regurgitate the "party-line" or talking points of others; usually of their particular political party."
While you regurgitate the Teabagger Party line, Gunner.

Do you ever bother to actually read the drivel you post??

It's all pure self-righteous bullshit. That's how I know it's Gunner. Same punk as before you ran away when Rmoney got his ass whupped.

Who's on top, you or shittyrejection??
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1068482 Jan 26, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, seriously do you expect Lois to understand facts and logic???
Trickle down economics has also been proven ineffective in stimulating the economy, yet the GOP still brings it out every time they get in the oval office. It just doesn't make sense. Bush II tax cuts gave the average millionaire a $92,000 tax break. They don't need that tax break for incentive to buy something. If they want something, they will go out and buy it, they already have the money.
But if you give the average American say a $6,000 tax break in the form of a refund, they will probably go out and buy a big ticket item, maybe a new car, make a down payment on a house, or do some major upgrades on their house.
Millions of Americans doing that would definitely stimulate the economy,
do you really live in a ghetto like Elmont???...

Location hidden

#1068483 Jan 26, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe you are, your posts prove it. Barry has failed, there's no doubt what so ever.
Yet Barry is President, while you're a Waxman sock on Topix.

Who's the failure again??

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1068484 Jan 26, 2014
angel wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent post and right on the money.
Its a pity our Topix Teabaggers are programed to disregard anything they dont want to hear.
They might actually learn something.
Of course if its a choice between the Truth or their Fox Fed Fantasy narrative there is no contest.
Here's something you and PDupont might need to learn. In two parts:

Part I:

The economy was much worse when President Reagan took office - three worsening recessions that started in 1969 culminated in 1981-1982 with unemployment soaring into double digits at a peak of 10.8%. The country was facing double-digit inflation with the CPI registering at 11.3% in 1979 and 13.5% in 1980 (25% in two years). This was accompanied by double digit interest rates with the prime rate peaking at 21.5% in 1980. The poverty rate started increasing in 1978 and eventually climbed to an astounding 33% from 11.4% to 15.2%. A fall in real median family income that began in 1978 declined to almost 10% by 1982. In addition, from 1968 to 1982, the Dow Jones industrial average lost 70% of its real value reflecting an overall collapse of stocks.

President Reagan cut tax rates to restore incentives for economic growth with a reduction in the top income tax rate of 70% down to 50% and a 25% across-the-board reduction in income tax rates for everyone.

Spending reductions -$31 billion cut in spending in 1981 - in nondefense discretionary spending declined by 14.4% from 1981 to 1982, and by 16.8% from 1981 to 1983.

Even with the Reagan defense buildup, which won the Cold War, the total federal spending declined from a high of 23.5% of GDP in 1983 to 21.3% in 1988 and 21.2% in 1989.

Deregulation saved consumers an estimated $100 billion per year in lower prices. Reagan’s first executive order eliminated price controls on oil and natural gas. Production soared the price of oil declined by more than 50%.

These policies were the most successful in world history. The Reagan recovery started in November 1982 and lasted 92 months without a recession until July 1990 when the tax increases of the 1990 budget deal killed it.(Thank the Democrats for that.)

Over a seven year recovery, the economy grew by almost one-third (the equivalent of adding the entire economy of West Germany which was the third largest in the world at the time to the U.S. economy).

Nearly 20 million new jobs were created during the recovery increasing U.S. civilian employment by almost 20%. Unemployment fell to 5.3% by 1989.

Inflation from 1980 was reduced by more than half by 1982 to 6.2% and cut in half again in 1983 to 3.2%.

Real per-capita disposable income increased by 18% from 1982 to 1989 and the American standard of living increased by almost 20% in just seven years. The poverty rate declined every year from 1984 to 1989, dropping by one-sixth from its peak. The stock market more than tripled in value from 1980 to 1990.

Art Laffer and Wall Street Journal chief financial writer Steve Moore wrote:

“We call this period, 1982-2007, the twenty-five year boom – the greatest period of wealth creation in the history of the planet. In 1980, the net worth – assets minus liabilities – of all U.S. households and business was $25 trillion in today’s dollars. By 2007, net worth was just shy of $57 trillion. Adjusting for inflation, more wealth was created in America in the twenty-five year boom than in the previous two hundred years."

Location hidden

#1068485 Jan 26, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never so much as typed "Hitler" on this site until just now.
White nationalism is about preserving diversity, not Nazism.
You really are a moron.

How does white nationalism preserve diversity??

What is diverse about an all white society you obviously desire??

Try not being an idiot in your answer. I lknow that's hard for you.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1068486 Jan 26, 2014
Part II:

Obamanomics pursues the opposite of Reaganomics. President Obama is committed to raising the top tax rates of virtually every major federal tax. In 2013, the top two income tax rates will rise by nearly 20%.

The capital gains tax rate will soar by nearly 60% when the Obamacare taxes go into effect. The total tax rate on corporate dividends increasing by nearly three times. The Medicare payroll tax would increase by 62% for the nation’s job creators and investors. The death tax rate would go back up to 55% and, in his national budget speech, President Obama proposes still more tax increases.

Instead of coming into office with spending cuts, President Obama’s first act was a nearly $1 trillion stimulus bill. In just his first two years, he increased federal spending by 28% and his 2012 budget proposes to increase federal spending by another 57% by 2021.

Instead of deregulation, we have across-the-board re-regulation from health care to finance to energy. Obama’s energy policy leashes the private sector as Obama’s central planning “green energy” dictates.

Reagan's recovery averaged 7.1% economic growth over the first seven quarters. Obama's recovery produced 2.8% with the last quarter at 1.8%.

Under Reagan's recovery, unemployment fell 3.3 percentage points from its peak to 7.5% with only 18% unemployed long-term for 27 weeks or more.

Under Obama's recovery, unemployment has fallen only 1.3 percentage points from its peak with a postwar record 45% long-term unemployed.

Today, America is suffering the longest period of unemployment this high since the Great Depression. Based on previous recoveries, America should be enjoying the second year of a roaring economic recovery by now.

The economist, John Lott, said,“For the last couple of years, President Obama keeps claiming that the recession was the worst economy since the Great Depression. But this is not correct. This is the worst “recovery” since the Great Depression.”

(Miss me yesterday?)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr SweLL GirL 10,504
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr tuffet 239,607
Obama has LEAK under sink. 6 hr Troy the true Plu... 41
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 7 hr Dudley 8,077
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr Mothra 63,581
White country boys know how to shoot! 9 hr Ashole Bahboon 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr CrunchyBacon 105,065

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages