Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1264232 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#1066528 Jan 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
BS...free for the asking in some states....
Pennsylvania Spends $1 Million On Ads Promoting Voter Suppression Law Blocked By Courts

Republicans sure love to waste money.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1066529 Jan 22, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Fox News reports he had the White House converted into a Mosque.
And his mother was really Elvis; Realtime and I saw those blue suede shoes in the corner of the photo.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1066530 Jan 22, 2014
Homer wrote:
http://conservativeangle.com/v ideo-lt-general-mcinerney-conf irms-muslim-brotherhood-inside -white-house/

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1066531 Jan 22, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1066532 Jan 22, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>It was -4 earlier, now it's a balmy 13, I wish global warming would hurryTF up and get here :)
Now 63 and sunny in Boca Raton, breezy and nice. The Canadians are the only ones on the beaches!!
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1066533 Jan 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Vitter was reelected after the "scandal" with 57 % of the vote....
Maybe people in Louisiana are into spanking with diapers on and stuff. Is his wife a dominatrix?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1066534 Jan 22, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. Sure thing, Babee.
Just like Affirmative Action got them into the Game Show Kingdom.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA..........
You have no shame, do you?
Like it or not, Obama's election has had a positive influence in the portrayal on television of "middle-class African-Americans who are articulate, intelligent and thoughtful."

You can laugh all you want but as more and more African American actors play prominent roles on television, black young people will be positively motivated. They will be able to envision themselves in those roles....as doctors, CSI investigators, FBI agents, detectives, firemen, etc.

Having a late-night talk show like Don't Sleep! with an African American host focusing on stories that affect the black community gives them self-worth. It's all good.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1066535 Jan 22, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I know you're a libtard Homer but try to keep up!
And, you are a teapartyer

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1066536 Jan 22, 2014
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>You've never heard about the ballot box stuffing in major cities, and in minority neighborhoods, you need to get out more?
"You've never heard about" is typical from brain dead trolls like you.

Urban legends that nobody has been able to prove.

Just because idiots like you say there's cheating, doesn't make it so.

And you haven't been able to prove any, so Judges are ruling against you freedom robbers..
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Palm Coast, FL

#1066537 Jan 22, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
And his mother was really Elvis; Realtime and I saw those blue suede shoes in the corner of the photo.
That was definitely evidence of your vodka addiction.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1066538 Jan 22, 2014
Homer wrote:
i think Bush beat him to it.

The most memorable Iftar for me has always been at my parents’ house in Lahore. A twelve-foot long table was laid out with all kinds of food items night after night. My mother wanted to make sure that we had the same Iftar that she had growing up at her ancestral home in Ludihana, India. President George Bush and the White House have managed to change that image. Now my most memorable Iftar will be the one we had on September 17, 2008.

The White House main foyer had a table set up on one side, laden with jumbo sized juicy dates. There were small tables with chairs set up for anyone who wanted to sit to open their fast. Most people chose to stand. The hundred-and- fifty plus guests included ambassadors from Muslim countries who opened their fast with the most sonorous and resonating recitation of the Azan.

http://www.muslimsforamerica.us/seeme/my-last...

I thanked President Bush in my mind. Only he would have the courage to have the Azan performed so loud and clear in the White House. I was also informed that President Bush had officially placed a copy of the Holy Qur’an in the official library of the White House. The Qur’an will be in the library as a permanent addition.

Location hidden

#1066539 Jan 22, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Constitution also ensured the federal government would have limited powers. So much for limited powers.
The right to vote is perhaps the most sacred right in a republic. It's not to be abused for political gain.
If the Founders were still living with the population having grown beyond their imaginations, they would have supported protecting this sacred right and avoiding its abuse in a heartbeat.
If the founders were alive, they'd be far more concerned about the carnage from guns than voting abuses, which you can't even prove exist.

The courts have ruled consistently that the right to vote is guarenteed to all citizens, no litmus test required.

You come from a state that supressed voting by minorities for over a Century. They're still doing it in FL. and other southern states.

You are sick. And as unAmerican as can be.

As evidenced by Court rulings, you are destined to lose this issue, too.
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Palm Coast, FL

#1066540 Jan 22, 2014
<quoted text>
Maybe people in Louisiana are into spanking with diapers on and stuff. Is his wife a dominatrix?
Lily loves spanking and diapers, especially with a vodka chaser.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1066541 Jan 22, 2014
flack wrote:
RADICAL ISLAM'S INFILTRATION OF THE CONSERVATIVE MOVEMENT

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/viewSubCat...
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Palm Coast, FL

#1066542 Jan 22, 2014
<quoted text>
And, you are a teapartyer
And, you are an alcoholic

Location hidden

#1066543 Jan 22, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gibberish yourself. Jarrett is the power behind the throne whether you want to believe it or not. She never leaves this president's side until he goes to bed or to the bathroom.
And you know this how??

C'mon, Carol. You nitwits have all this 'inside info'.

Reveal your sources.

Better yet, admit you're nothing but a filthy liar spreading more hatred, yopur specialty.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1066544 Jan 22, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
Hannity was just brilliant tonight, even roped in a priest for his panel so he could try and drum up sympathy for extremist conservatism.
Benghazi has been a big failure on talking points with Fox so they moved their sights to New York governor who said his state has no room for tea baggers. He was right of course, but the dwindling fox audience would have lapped it up. No doubt Stewart will make fun of it in the next couple of days and we can all have a great laugh.
"ozditz"
Being the coward you are you hide your location. New york state would be a heaven for you, a state that caters to queers, welfare bums, takers from the producers, morons, in a nut shell liberal loons.
Peace
KMA

Location hidden

#1066545 Jan 22, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>CAIR Poll: More Than 85% of American Muslims Picked Obama
Nov 9, 2012
The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) released the results of an informal exit poll on Friday that shows more than 85 percent of American Muslim voters picked President Barack Obama in Tuesday's election.
Really you want to bring Bush into this?
WTF??

70% of Jewish Americans voted for Obama.

Seems all the semites love Obama!!

You specialize in making yourself look like an idiot!!

Thanks!!

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1066546 Jan 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
considering we weren't talking Obama, yes i do. and yes, i can.
By election day, Bush had been endorsed by eight major Muslim American organizations. He won more than 70 percent of the Muslim vote, including 46,200 ballots in Florida alone, prompting longtime conservative activist Grover Norquist -- one of the few prominent movement figures to caution against the current wave of mosque demagoguery -- to proclaim in the American Spectator that "Bush was elected President of the United States of America because of the Muslim vote."
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2010/08...
and can you tell us if Obama has ever visited a Mosque?
in 2000 before the very same funded moslems bombed America--geez who would have thunk. Then in 2004 what happened-2008? 2012--Democrats are the party of Moslems. Get used to it. O'bama has visited many mosques--how stupid are you? Indonesia, Istanbul. How many more do you need--he was educated in a mosque.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1066547 Jan 22, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
This from a chronic racial slur poster.
My God, you GD idiots can hardly go a day without posting a slur.
I have made many posts about George W Bush & never ever had to talk abut or mention his race.
Yet that is all you do.
Why is that??
The answer is that you are a racist f*ck. Your racism is so inbred into your fiber that you can't talk about President Obama without referring to his race. And that reference is typically a slur.
So go f*ck yourself you ignorant racist piece of sh*t.
"real dumb"
I have made many posts in regard to the boy president, nobama. I never bring up race and yet every post you offer to me and all others that see thru your BS you accuse them of being racist.
You are the biggest racist on this thread.
Peace
KMA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 min PEllen 100,290
Ask Amy August 3 7 min PEllen 1
Abby August 3 12 min PEllen 2
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 32 min Dr Guru MD 194,693
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 32 min meeeooww 6,259
abby august 2 1 hr RACE 2
amy august 2 1 hr RACE 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages