Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1403802 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

ptbw forever

Georgetown, IN

#1066876 Jan 23, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
Richard Sherman: Thug Is Now 'The Accepted Way Of Calling Somebody The N-Word'
"Richard Sherman's own words may have made him the center of attention but it is the language of his critics that is now under fire. The Seattle Seahawks' talented and talkative cornerback struck back at those who called him a "thug" for his demeanor during a loud and proud post-game interview after the NFC Championship Game on Sunday.
"The only reason it bothers me is because it seems like it's the accepted way of calling somebody the N-word nowadays," Sherman said during a press conference on Wednesday. "It's like everyone else said the N-word and they said 'Thug' and they're like,'Ah, that's fine.' That's where it kind of takes me aback and it's kind of disappointing.""
----------
I like this Richard Sherman.
He speaks truth to power.
The 'thug' thing, that's exactly what the racist aholes here do it.
And everyone sees right through it except you morons who defend it and say it's not a sign of your inbred racism.
Imagine the backlash the left would get if the average person was intelligent enough to understand that "redneck" is another word for the racist slur...redneck.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1066878 Jan 23, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
link....
http://www.intelligence.senate.gov/benghazi20...
here's how you can tell it's on the money......
"I don't care about the bloody report!"
With that, Bill O'Reilly delivered the climax to a night of Senate report denialism on Fox News.
This week, the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence released the results of its investigation into the 2012 attacks in Benghazi. The report dispelled many of Fox News' favorite conspiracy theories surrounding the attacks, including the myth that the Obama administration engaged in a cover-up by suggesting the attacks may have grown out of protests outside U.S. facilities in Benghazi over an anti-Islam video, an idea then-U.S. Ambassador Susan Rice suggested in a series of interviews on the broadcast Sunday shows three days after the attacks.
And yet, Fox hosts Bill O'Reilly and Bret Baier continued to push these myths, even when covering the Senate report that debunked them.
On the January 16 edition of Special Report, guest A.B. Stoddard pointed out that the report found no evidence of a cover-up, and Baier responded, "You said no cover-up, but there's clearly an open question about this story about the protests, and about where that all came from."
Bill O'Reilly went even further, peppering guest James Carville with questions about the origins of Rice's suggestion that the attacks may have originated from a protest over the film. Carville attempted to explain that the Senate report answered O'Reilly's question, but the Fox host repeatedly interrupted him, finally yelling, "I don't care about the bloody report":
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/01/16/fox-n...
If MediaMaters/TalkingPointsMemo said that eating poop was cool you'd do it...
ptbw forever

Georgetown, IN

#1066879 Jan 23, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
context....wasn't it much more lopsided at one time?
Yeah, lopsided in favor of abortion.

Abortion support will actually pretty much die out with the baby boomers.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1066880 Jan 23, 2014
Signs moronic Progressives are in charge...

'Poster in Kansas middle school lists sex acts'

http://moonbattery.com/...

then we have this...

"Science Teacher Cannot Display Religious Material in Classroom"

http://www.courtnewsohio.gov/cases/2013/SCO/1...

“Sharia, NOT!”

Since: Jul 10

Suffolk, VA

#1066881 Jan 23, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thirty years from now, as the African American youth of today grow up with a new sense of achievement, they will become the engineers and physicists of the future. Just sit back.
One can only hope. These aspirations require goal setting and hard work. The government can't hand you a piece of paper and all of the sudden - POOF- you're an engineer or you're a physicist.
And why would it take 30 years? Those goals can be reached today. So many FREE opportunities to minorities today and not enough take advantage of it.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1066882 Jan 23, 2014
...new kinda science...

searches for the truth by leaving stuff out....

"The below is one of a series of alleged emails from the Climate Research Unit at the University of East Anglia, released on 20 November 2009."

'...The attachment is a very good paper - I've been pushing Adrian over the last weeks
to get it submitted to JGR or J. Climate. The main results are great for CRU and also
for ERA-40. The basic message is clear - you have to put enough surface and sonde
obs into a model to produce Reanalyses. The jumps when the data input change stand
out so clearly. NCEP does many odd things also around sea ice and over snow and ice.
The other paper by MM is just garbage - as you knew. De Freitas again. Pielke is also
losing all credibility as well by replying to the mad Finn as well - frequently as I see
it.
I can't see either of these papers being in the next IPCC report. Kevin and I will keep
them
out somehow - even if we have to redefine what the peer-review literature is !
Cheers
Phil'

http://web.archive.org/web/20091127053909/htt...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1066883 Jan 23, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
If MediaMaters/TalkingPointsMemo said that eating poop was cool you'd do it...
i am not a FOXbot!

hypocrisy is your friend.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1066884 Jan 23, 2014
Newly-minted Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring (D) said he will not defend the state's ban on same-sex marriages after concluding it was unconstitutional.

"As attorney general, I cannot and will not defend laws that violate Virginians' rights," Herring said in an interview with NPR airing Thursday. "The commonwealth will be siding with the plaintiffs in this case and with every other Virginia couple whose right to marry is being denied."

The attorney general told NPR he asked his office to review the lawsuit challenging the Virginia ban, and decided the ban violates the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment. His office is expected to join the plaintiffs in that case next week.

Herring voted against marriage equality as a member of the Virginia state Senate, but said he has since come to "see the issue differently." Now, he told NPR he wants the state to be on the right side of history on the issue.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/virgini...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1066885 Jan 23, 2014
Now's the time to rape and pillage...

World is set to go in 15 years...

"The world has very little time — perhaps 15 years — to make serious inroads on climate change, according to a leaked report from a United Nations panel."

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/editorials/la-...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1066886 Jan 23, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
And a brain is a terrible thing to waste.
And your brain is comprised of waste.

Human waste.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1066887 Jan 23, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i am not a FOXbot!
hypocrisy is your friend.
No, my friends are Mark, and Paul, and Chris, and Bill, and Jack....and another guy named Paul...
and Dave, and then there is The two Ben's...

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1066888 Jan 23, 2014
Food stamp President...

one in five US households on Food stamps...

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/01/anoth...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1066889 Jan 23, 2014
Progressives and dreams...

{"Obama: Abortion means everyone gets to “fulfill their dreams”}

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/01/22/obama-a...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1066890 Jan 23, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Now's the time to rape and pillage...
World is set to go in 15 years...
"The world has very little time — perhaps 15 years — to make serious inroads on climate change, according to a leaked report from a United Nations panel."
http://www.latimes.com/opinion/editorials/la-...
why do you post articles you clearly do not understand?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1066891 Jan 23, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
...new kinda science...
searches for the truth by leaving stuff out....
"The below is one of a series of alleged emails from the Climate Research Unit at the University of East Anglia, released on 20 November 2009."
'...The attachment is a very good paper - I've been pushing Adrian over the last weeks
to get it submitted to JGR or J. Climate. The main results are great for CRU and also
for ERA-40. The basic message is clear - you have to put enough surface and sonde
obs into a model to produce Reanalyses. The jumps when the data input change stand
out so clearly. NCEP does many odd things also around sea ice and over snow and ice.
The other paper by MM is just garbage - as you knew. De Freitas again. Pielke is also
losing all credibility as well by replying to the mad Finn as well - frequently as I see
it.
I can't see either of these papers being in the next IPCC report. Kevin and I will keep
them
out somehow - even if we have to redefine what the peer-review literature is !
Cheers
Phil'
http://web.archive.org/web/20091127053909/htt...
These PCpricks were all over themselves exchanging tips on how to fudge data, f*ck over critics of Glowbull Warming and help each other to accomplish it all.

Of course, Liberal Media dropped the story fast and East Anglia had an "investigation" that quickly led nowhere and then disappeared entirely.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1066893 Jan 23, 2014
Progressives are all about censorship...

"Angry Geithner once warned S&P about U.S. downgrade - filing"

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/01/21/mcgr...

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1066894 Jan 23, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
We now know that the CIA's September 15, 2012, talking points were inaccurate in that they wrongly attributed the genesis of the Benghazi attacks to protests that became violent. However, as stated in the report, this characterization reflected the assessment by the IC of the information available at that time, which lacked sufficient intelligence and eyewitness statements to conclude that there were no protests. Further, it is important to remember that this early assessment was made in the context of approximately 40 protests around the globe against U.S. embassies and consulates in response to an inflammatory film. There were also other violent attacks against U.S. embassies and consulates in Egypt, Tunisia, Yemen and other cities around the world on or after September 11. According to CIA emails dated September 16, 2012, the then-Deputy Director of the CIA requested further information from CIA staff at Embassy Tripoli about whether there was countervailing evidence of protests that occurred prior to the attacks in Benghazi. It was not until September 24, 20 12-eight days later-that the IC revised its assessment that there were no protests leading up to the attacks.
http://www.intelligence.senate.gov/benghazi20...
You are a truth resistant lot, aren't you. Didn't you just say Obama was on it from the very beginning? Didn't Greg Hicks already say they "knew" it was a planned terrorist attack after just fifteen minutes? This administration will say whatever is necessary to cover their ass. Even in the face of unimpeachable proof, they'll lie, because they know that you and the LSM will carry their water. It's gone beyond extraordinary. It's S.O.P. in Obama's White House. The one truth we can count on is that you'll lie.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1066895 Jan 23, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, lopsided in favor of abortion.
Abortion support will actually pretty much die out with the baby boomers.
all fine and good, but let's keep big government out of the picture.

Forty-one years after the Supreme Court's landmark ruling in Roe v. Wade, two-thirds of the American population believe that decisions on abortion should be made between a woman, her family and her doctor, according to a HuffPost/YouGov poll conducted last week….The American public has long been evenly split on abortion from an ideological perspective. The new poll finds that 48 percent think abortion should be generally or always legal, while 47 percent think it should be generally or always illegal. But even among those who think abortion should be generally illegal, more think it should be legal in some circumstances (33 percent) than think it should be banned entirely (14 percent). And the new poll suggests that a strong majority of Americans think those exceptions should not be defined by politicians, but by women themselves. Sixty-four percent said 'decisions about abortion should be made by a woman and her doctor,' while 24 percent said that 'government has a right and obligation to pass restrictions on abortion.' Only 35 percent said they would be in favor of Congress passing new restrictions on abortion.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/22/abor...

and you folks can't have it both ways/talking out of both sides of your mouth. either you support big government or you don't. can't pick and chose and expect Americans to respect your agenda. for example.....Mitt Romney.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1066896 Jan 23, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
No, my friends are Mark, and Paul, and Chris, and Bill, and Jack....and another guy named Paul...
and Dave, and then there is The two Ben's...
you guys have a names for your hypocrisy?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1066897 Jan 23, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey STUPID!
Provide a link for your propaganda/lies, OK?
How is your Glow Bull warming, libtard?
It's -6 degrees at Bradley Airport, so cold, you must have your hands in your own pockets this morning, eh, Democ-RAT?
You are a liar and an idiot!
According to Al Gore and the liberals aka democrats aka progressives aka O'bama, we should all be drowning now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 min GEORGIA 1,796
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 3 min GEORGIA 2,854
Word (Dec '08) 4 min GEORGIA 6,556
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 28 min Coffee Party 219,378
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 34 min SweLL GirL 9,212
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Sublime1 103,130
Dear White Children 2 hr Southside Irish 4

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages