Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1274730 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1066082 Jan 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Most voters have opposed the new national health care law’s individual mandate in past surveys, but voters are now evenly divided when asked whether the federal government should force every American to have health insurance.
A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 42% of Likely U.S. Voters believe the government should require every American to buy or obtain health insurance, up from 33% in mid-December. But now only 43% oppose the individual mandate, down 15 points from a high of 58% last month. Fifteen percent (15%) are undecided.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
think we'll see that one on the FOX site?
How many Americans currently receiving Food stamps will kindly give them up?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1066083 Jan 21, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>"Their shared contempt" being Hillary AND Obama's.
Wow__you are fkn up left and right poops__might be a good idea to take a little break. Who is Stephens?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1066084 Jan 21, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
your ignorance is not Galt's concern....
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.

Winston Churchill

try it on for size.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1066085 Jan 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
heard that one the day of his first inauguration.
but.....
Democrats have posted their largest lead on the Generic Congressional Ballot since early November, while Republicans have fallen to their lowest level of support in a year.
A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey for the week ending January 19 finds that 41% of Likely U.S. Voters would vote for the Democrat in their district’s congressional race if the election were held today, unchanged from the previous week. Thirty-five percent (35%) would choose the Republican instead, down two points from the previous survey. The Democrats have now led for three weeks in a row.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
and like most stuff i heard on day one.....i'm still waiting.
you wonder why we laugh? you folks aren't really that dense, are you? you're just playing the part like any wannabe FOX talking head tries to do, aren't you? carol?
middle class voters will punish DemoKKKrats in November for screwing them with ObamaKKKare....

DemoKKKrats are the party of the super-rich and the welfare bums...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1066086 Jan 21, 2014
Signs it's election time or they have some pot smoking going on in Cuckoville...

'Millionaire Congresswoman: Income Inequality is 'Existential Threat' to U.S'

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/eric-scheiner...

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1066087 Jan 21, 2014
Sue wrote:
<quoted text>We got enough crazy people in this world marijuana will only make it worse, doesn't surprise me how the president said on this subject, maybe that's why he thinks like he does. Funny now he is blaming his race for his low ratings, He never cease to amaze me how he can come up with other things to blame but himself.
Who cares, as long as daily users can't be hired as bus or taxi drivers, architects or construction workers, nurses, pharmacists, doctors any any other health care worker, teachers of anything beside finger-painting and butt-wiping, accountants...nuclear physicists...lol, or astronauts...or presidents, secretaries of state, soldiers, policemen...or any other job where skill, good vision AND accuracy are required. Otherwise, there's no point in keeping the OSHA rules in effect.

:-}

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1066088 Jan 21, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Still blaming Obama for the effects of the Bush recession.
Recovery reaches the top first & the rest later.
More proof the government, the demorats own this, doorknob:

"In the case of the subprime borrowers they were charged higher interest rates and were required to pay for default insurance. This higher burden increased the risk of default. The subprime mortgages became bad investments and no amount of securitization would alter this aspect. But the process of producing graduated risk securities backed by the subprime mortgages disguised the fact that they were bad investments. The perceived status of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac as quasi-governmental institutions enabled them to sell their toxic product world-wide."

your boys own this, dumbass, take your head out of yur rear end and wake up to the truth.
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#1066089 Jan 21, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the middle class is pissed off about getting screwed by ObamaKKKare and will punish the DemoKKKrats in November...
DemoKKKrats represent only the very rich and the poor....
Calm down boobie. People are still angry with the Republicans for being a bunch of aholes. So the next race is pretty much neck and neck until Hillary wins in 2016

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1066090 Jan 21, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> At Crawford Ranch:Heads of State Visits ... A chronological list for reference
November 14-15, 2001 Russian President Vladimir Putin
April 5-7, 2002 British Prime Minister Tony Blair
April 25, 2002 Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah
August 27, 2002 Saudi Ambassador Prince Bandar Bin Sultan
October 25, 2002 Chinese President Jiang Zimen
February 21-22, 2003 Spanish President Jose Maria Aznar
May 2-3, 2003 Australian Prime Minister John Howard
May 22-23, 2003 Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi
July 20-21, 2003 Italian Prime Minister Silvo Berlusconi
March 5-6, 2004 Mexican President Vicente Fox
April 12, 2004 Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak
November 24, 2004 King Juan Carlos And Queen Sofia Of Spain had a brief lunch at the ranch
March 23, 2005 Mexican President Vicente Fox, Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin in a Trilateral Summit held in Waco, Texas at Baylor University then headed to the ranch for lunch
April 11, 2005 Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon stayed overnight at the Hilton Hotel in Waco, Texas and went to the ranch for lunch
April 25, 2005 Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah met at the ranch for lunch after receiving dignitaries at his Dallas hotel, the Gaylord Texan (now King Abdullah)
August 4, 2005 Colombian President Alvaro Uribe
So, are you defending Bush's 77 trips to Crawford Texas by telling us these leaders would not have met in DC?

I guess all Obama has to do is invite Putin to Hawaii for a vacation & you whiners would stfu?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1066091 Jan 21, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>No one likes caustic loudmouth liars like Lois Lame, not even other caustic loudmouth liars.
Ex public school teacher, ex nurse, ex medical transcriptionist, ex wife__see a pattern there?
By the way, no one likes caustic liberal propagandists either. But that doesn't seem to bother you. Just an outspoken woman who also doesn't like them.

But I also prefer "outspoken" rather than "loudmouth" too. Just FYI.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1066092 Jan 21, 2014
A prominent NAACP official recognized Martin Luther King Day by labeling black senator Tim Scott a puppet for the Republican party.“A ventriloquist can always find a good dummy,” said Reverend William Barber II, the president of North Carolina’s NAACP chapter.

The State reports that Barber’s remarks came in a speech in Scott’s home state of South Carolina.“The extreme right wing down here,” he said,“finds a black guy to be senator and claims he’s the first black senator since Reconstruction and then he goes to Washington, D.C., and articulates the agenda of the Tea Party.”

Last year, Barber gained national attention leading the “Moral Monday” protests in opposition to North Carolina’s Republican governor, Pat McCrory.

Scott is the first black senator from the South since Reconstruction. He dismissed Barber’s remarks as ”baseless and meaningless rhetoric.”

“I will honor the memory of Dr. King by being proactive in holding the door for others and serving my fellow man. And Rev. Barber will remind me and others of what not to do,” he told the Daily Caller.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1066093 Jan 21, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>By the time O'bama gets out of there, people won't even recognize what a "D" looks like.
Lucky you have all your old school report cards to look at.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1066094 Jan 21, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Who cares, as long as daily users can't be hired as bus or taxi drivers, architects or construction workers, nurses, pharmacists, doctors any any other health care worker, teachers of anything beside finger-painting and butt-wiping, accountants...nuclear physicists...lol, or astronauts...or presidents, secretaries of state, soldiers, policemen...or any other job where skill, good vision AND accuracy are required. Otherwise, there's no point in keeping the OSHA rules in effect.
:-}
the problem is that potheads think that smoking improves their skill, vision, and accuracy....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1066095 Jan 21, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
How many Americans currently receiving Food stamps will kindly give them up?
damn you redstates! give them up!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1066096 Jan 21, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
What's up UselessSinceForever?
"According to one of the key witnesses expected to testify before the committee this week, even Ambassador Stevens himself had repeatedly requested more security personnel, but was turned down.
Lt. Col. Andy Wood, the former head of a U.S. Special Forces "Site Security Team" in Libya, has told CBS News correspondent Sharyl Attkisson that he and many other senior staff at the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli, "felt we needed more, not less" security personnel in the country, but were told "to do with less. For what reasons, I don't know."
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/top-us-counterter...
The lying left Keeps on spinnin'!
"A key witness?" Lt. Col. Andy Wood has an inflated opinion of his own self-worth. He was a member of the Utah National Guard. He never served in the "military" and was assigned to Libya for a mere six months... February 12, 2012 to August 14, 2012, where he was put in command of the 16 member Temporary Member Site Security Team working directly for the Regional Security Officer. The same SST team that Ambassador Stevens declined two specific offers from General Carter Ham to sustain in the weeks before the terrorist attacks."

Senate Report, page 20/21:

State Department headquarters made the decision not to request an extension of the SST's mission in August 2012, approximately one month prior to the attacks, because State believed that many of the duties of the SST could be accomplished by local security forces, DS agents, or other State Department capabilities. As a result, DoD changed the mission of the DoD personnel in Libya from protection of the U.S. Embassy to training with the Libyan Security forces."

Mr. Wood, in his lengthy written statement to the committee, stated that the "State Department's decision not to extend SST's security work beyond August 5th terminated our work in this capacity."

"DoD confirmed to the Committee that Ambassador Stevens declined two specific offers from General Carter Ham, then the head of AFRICOM, to sustain the SST in the weeks before the terrorist attacks. After reading the August 16, 2012, EAC cable, General Ham called Ambassador Stevens and asked ifthe Embassy needed the SST from the U.S. military, but Stevens told Ham it did not. Shortly thereafter, Stevens traveled to Germany for a previously scheduled meeting with Ham at AFRICOM headquarters. Ham again offered to sustain the SST at the meeting, and Stevens again declined."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1066097 Jan 21, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Calm down boobie. People are still angry with the Republicans for being a bunch of aholes. So the next race is pretty much neck and neck until Hillary wins in 2016
wrong, Homer...

ObamaKKKare will be the only issue in November and the DemoKKKrats will take a beating...

unless, that is, Obama makes a major international f-up even worse than O bamaKKKare...like nuclear weapons in Iran....passed on to terrorists....

and the 2014 elections will greatly affect the landscape for 2016....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1066098 Jan 21, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, no one likes caustic liberal propagandists either. But that doesn't seem to bother you. Just an outspoken woman who also doesn't like them.
Realtime is a worthless piece of subhuman filth who delights in insulting women....

just ignore him...
Todd Martin

Babylon, NY

#1066099 Jan 21, 2014
TSM wrote:
We shouldn’t be surprise by Obama’s like of interest in foreign matters!! The Media question the WH why Obama skips his Daily Briefing!!
This was the WH response why Obama skips the (PDB) meeting "Well, he doesn't need to be briefed because he reads the Daily Brief every day, and he is brilliant, Barack, Obama is the most sophisticated consumer of intelligence this nation has!" could someone provide a List of his Successes, Please!!
He's successfully brought arrogance to a new level.

How's that?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1066100 Jan 21, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Wow__you are fkn up left and right poops__might be a good idea to take a little break. Who is Stephens?
I may have misspelled his name a couple of times, but at least I respect the memory of the man unlike Hillary the Pillory-ist.

"I" never would have left him there as helpless zealot bait, a lamb among wolves.

Here's a tip: Hillary would not have treated you any better than she did him if you were in Steven's position. Consider "that" the next time you lie for your glorious elitist pigs at the top.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1066101 Jan 21, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I throw your kind out of my office very often, explaining that "you're just not worth the aggravation." And they go, and then remove me from facebook friends and say a bunch of sht that gets back to me. Who cares__not me.

On a different note__Virginia's ex guv and wife indicted today__for lying, Hah.

Liars are lower than whale sht doll.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min SpaceBlues 54,493
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 25 min _Zoey_ 6,400
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 45 min Ariel Sharon 70,157
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Joe Balls 196,901
abby 8-28=15 2 hr Mrs Gladys Kravitz 7
Amy 8-28-15 2 hr Mrs Gladys Kravitz 6
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr and I am Len Oconnor 100,628
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages