Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1382863 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1066363 Jan 22, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know what you're talking about. I'm leaning towards Rand Paul presently. But it's very early and that could change. So don't get your panties in a wad, so to speak, if it does as the race gets closer.
just do what FOX is doing....back the RINO. you don't really have a choice.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1066364 Jan 22, 2014
Requiring an ID to vote isn't all that unreasonable. Unless democrats are afraid voter IDs would drastically affect their number of votes.

Why else would they get so angry? Don't democratic voters need an ID if they need food stamps or when picking up government checks?

Or can anyone just claim to be someone else and get both? Not sure how that works really.

But probably why there's so much fraud and abuse.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1066365 Jan 22, 2014
Conservatives were quick to attack Texas state Sen. Wendy Davis (D) after a Dallas Morning News report revealed parts of her biography she touted on the campaign trail had stretched the truth.

But one Republican who knew the gubernatorial candidate from her days on the Forth Worth, Texas City Council is vouching for Davis' record, saying she wouldn't have come under the same scrutiny if she were a male candidate.

Becky Haskins, a former Republican ally of Davis' in the city council, told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram in a column published Tuesday that Davis was a hard worker who did what she needed to do for her children. Haskins served on the council during Davis' separation and divorce from her second husband Jeff Davis, who was himself a former city councilman.

An anonymous city council colleague of Davis' had told the Dallas Morning News that she was "tremendously ambitious" and wasn't "going to let family or raising children or anything else get in her way.”

Haskins said "what that comment really tells you is how hard Wendy works."

Some pundits also suggested she was a bad parent for leaving her children with her ex-husband while she attended Harvard Law School.

“If this involved a man running for office, none of this would ever come up,” Haskins told the Star-Telegram.“It’s so sad. Every time I ran, somebody said I needed to be home with my kids. Nobody ever talks about men being responsible parents.”

“They wouldn’t be talking about Wendy if she weren’t a threat," she added.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/republi...
Todd Martin

Lindenhurst, NY

#1066366 Jan 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so tell us about some republican crooks.
or i can.
GOP Candidate Sentenced for Felony Fraud After Changing Party Affiliation of 300 Democratic Voters, Casting Absentee Ballots in Their Name
http://www.bradblog.com/...
What is wrong with him? Doesn't he know if he used Obama's ACORN criminals, he would have had way more than 300?
Todd Martin

Lindenhurst, NY

#1066367 Jan 22, 2014
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Davy the people will decide whether Vitter deserve another shot just like Weiner in NY!! If the Liberal Icon Teddy could be forgiven after Killing a woman I’m sure Vitter having an affair with a prostitute has a Chance!!
Maybe he can run on The Choom Gang Ticket.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1066368 Jan 22, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Also recall an "enemies list" by a certain President Richard Nixon who also tried to censor any press he didn't like. Who also covered up a hotel break in. But he was forced to resign. And no one even died.
Didn't you and shttyerEction get enough of each other on the overnight shift.babe?

BTW that one also posts from Central Florida__just like you__maybe you lovebugs are neighbors. Have you pm'd each other?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1066369 Jan 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
which is the reason for the never ending right wing excuse fest.
I don't know what the right's excuse is--but O'bama's excuse for being ignorant is because he is black. It is clear according to O'bama.

Orlando, FL

#1066370 Jan 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
the Bush record for lowest job creation is an indication that the myth worked?
When the unemployment rate is already in the 4% and 5% range, there's not much room for an explosion in job creation. It's never going to be 0%.

Think of a sponge. When it's saturated, it can't soak up too much more water.

Right now, the sponge is barely damp.

Unemployment statistics don't even account for those not looking anymore and are making unemployment a permanent lifestyle. And it's still barely staying just below 8%- not even counting all these people.

The same damp sponge should be able to soak up a lot of them if Obamacare hadn't dried up the source of the water.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1066371 Jan 22, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
Requiring an ID to vote isn't all that unreasonable. Unless democrats are afraid voter IDs would drastically affect their number of votes.
Why else would they get so angry? Don't democratic voters need an ID if they need food stamps or when picking up government checks?
Or can anyone just claim to be someone else and get both? Not sure how that works really.
fraud? like this?

Republican U.S. House Staffers Indicted for Felony Election Fraud as GOP Fraud Epidemic Continues

http://www.bradblog.com/...

democrats are not the problem.

Prevented this

#1066373 Jan 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Conservatives were quick to attack Texas state Sen. Wendy Davis (D) after a Dallas Morning News report revealed parts of her biography she touted on the campaign trail had stretched the truth.
But one Republican who knew the gubernatorial candidate from her days on the Forth Worth, Texas City Council is vouching for Davis' record, saying she wouldn't have come under the same scrutiny if she were a male candidate.
Becky Haskins, a former Republican ally of Davis' in the city council, told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram in a column published Tuesday that Davis was a hard worker who did what she needed to do for her children. Haskins served on the council during Davis' separation and divorce from her second husband Jeff Davis, who was himself a former city councilman.
An anonymous city council colleague of Davis' had told the Dallas Morning News that she was "tremendously ambitious" and wasn't "going to let family or raising children or anything else get in her way.”
Haskins said "what that comment really tells you is how hard Wendy works."
Some pundits also suggested she was a bad parent for leaving her children with her ex-husband while she attended Harvard Law School.
“If this involved a man running for office, none of this would ever come up,” Haskins told the Star-Telegram.“It’s so sad. Every time I ran, somebody said I needed to be home with my kids. Nobody ever talks about men being responsible parents.”
“They wouldn’t be talking about Wendy if she weren’t a threat," she added.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/republi...
They wouldn't be talking about Windy if she wasn't such a loon...tampon earring wearing Windy--LOL--coo coo. I suppose they talked about Anthony's wiener for so long because it was a threat??? you libs are funny.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1066374 Jan 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
only place i've seen that animal is at the American Conservative site.
and i've never seen one of these freaks use it as a source.
"American Conservative" is a leftwing false flag operation ....
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1066375 Jan 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Conservative pundit Glenn Beck seems to regret his on-air antics during his tenure at Fox News Channel.
Fox News host Megyn Kelly asked Beck to reflect on his time at the network on Tuesday's "The Kelly File." Beck left in 2011 to start his digital network, The Blaze, saying at the time that he felt like "if you do not leave now, you won't leave with your soul intact."
"I wish I could go back and be more uniting in my language," he told Kelly. "I think I played a role, unfortunately, in helping tear the country apart and it's not who we are."
"I didn't realize how really fragile the people were, I kind of thought we were a little more in it together," Beck continued. "Now I look back and I realize if we could've talked about the uniting principles a little more instead of just the problems, I think I would look back on it a little more fondly."
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/glenn_b...
says a lot about FOX. and none of it good.
"I didn't realize how fragile the people were."

ROFLMAO

Prevented this

#1066376 Jan 22, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Requiring a photo ID to stop imaginary voter fraud when 10-12% of eligible voters do not have a Photo ID is voter suppression.
I find it funny that you " I love the Constitution" frauds would back an effort that actually prevents eligible voters from voting. Especially when there are absolutely NO statistics that show significant voter fraud that a photo ID would prevent.,
I give a sh*t about the right to vote.
Why the Hell don't you,.
The only FREE thing the democrat degenerates refuse to get:AN ID. Why is that?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1066377 Jan 22, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
no it really isn't unreasonable, but what voter fraud do you think it would stop?

it would seem to be a huge waste of money, this is why real conservatives are against it....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1066378 Jan 22, 2014
Todd Martin wrote:
<quoted text>What is wrong with him? Doesn't he know if he used Obama's ACORN criminals, he would have had way more than 300?
no, i don't think he does. and neither do you.

but it sounded good eh?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1066379 Jan 22, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Requiring a photo ID to stop imaginary voter fraud when 10-12% of eligible voters do not have a Photo ID is voter suppression.
I find it funny that you " I love the Constitution" frauds would back an effort that actually prevents eligible voters from voting. Especially when there are absolutely NO statistics that show significant voter fraud that a photo ID would prevent.,
Why the Hell don't you,.
Why do you constantly call democrat voters stupid? If they are too stupid to get an ID then they are too stupid to vote!!!

Orlando, FL

#1066380 Jan 22, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Why the Hell don't you,.
What's even funnier is you liberals have no problem with ignoring the Constitution when it comes to Americans being forced to buy something against their will or be penalized by the federal government and the IRS.

But have a hissy fit when something as important and crucial as voting requires one to present a photo ID first.

If someone wants to vote badly enough, they will find a way to get an ID. Presenting a photo IDs is required for much less important things.

Prevented this

#1066381 Jan 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
why?
A high school football player in Arizona died from an injury suffered during the fourth quarter of a blowout playoff loss, serving as yet another reminder of the dangers of head trauma in youth sports.
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/9966789/ch...
my kids never played. my grandkids will never play.
I would never let my son serve as an Ambassador under Barack Hussien O'bama or Hillary Rodman Clinton. You?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1066382 Jan 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt thinks carol is a RINO. Galt doesn't realize that to win back the WH it's going to take a RINO to get it done.
some people can't seem to figure out the the founders never intended for this to be a nutjob nation.
Galt understands that winning back the White House with a RINO accomplishes nothing......

Government medical care designed by Republicans would be no better than ObamaKKKafre....and Republican amnesty for illegal aliens is no better than the DemoKKKrat plan....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1066383 Jan 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
why?
A high school football player in Arizona died from an injury suffered during the fourth quarter of a blowout playoff loss, serving as yet another reminder of the dangers of head trauma in youth sports.
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/9966789/ch...
my kids never played. my grandkids will never play.
if you want to ban football, just say so.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 min GEORGIA 1,507
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 min GEORGIA 8,397
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Dr Guru 214,342
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr freelancehobo 59,466
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2,038
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 981
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 101,960
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages