Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1582841 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1066518 Jan 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so you'd rather have a democrat in the WH?
nutjob cannot win the WH. not enough of you to get it done.
you people have a DemoKKKrat who is devoted to screwing the middle class...but that's what you welfare bums want.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1066519 Jan 22, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no need, the game will just fundamentally change as no school district or private program will be able to cover the liability...
touch football will rival soccer is popularity...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1066520 Jan 22, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It's not about being too stupid to get an ID Flacko__it's about how difficult and costly it can be for some to get a government issued photo ID.
And BTW, plenty of Republicans have also said, "fk it, I'm not going through that hassle."
BS...free for the asking in some states....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1066521 Jan 22, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Even soccer players are starting to wear helmets.
except for kiddie soccer, that can't be legal....
Homer

Stroudsburg, PA

#1066522 Jan 22, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too! Power to the people! Cold here in Sunny Florida today! Did you get that storm?
The heavy stuff passed just about 20-30 miles to the south and east of me. We got maybe 2 inches.
Homer

Stroudsburg, PA

#1066523 Jan 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
considering we weren't talking Obama, yes i do. and yes, i can.
By election day, Bush had been endorsed by eight major Muslim American organizations. He won more than 70 percent of the Muslim vote, including 46,200 ballots in Florida alone, prompting longtime conservative activist Grover Norquist -- one of the few prominent movement figures to caution against the current wave of mosque demagoguery -- to proclaim in the American Spectator that "Bush was elected President of the United States of America because of the Muslim vote."
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2010/08...
and can you tell us if Obama has ever visited a Mosque?
Fox News reports he had the White House converted into a Mosque.
Homer

Stroudsburg, PA

#1066524 Jan 22, 2014
what's the deal on Net Neutrality?
Check with Galt, I am sure he is poised with some long-winded explanation.
Homer

Stroudsburg, PA

#1066525 Jan 22, 2014
<quoted text>
Me too! Power to the people! Cold here in Sunny Florida today! Did you get that storm?
It was -4 earlier, now it's a balmy 13, I wish global warming would hurryTF up and get here :)
Homer

Stroudsburg, PA

#1066526 Jan 22, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Good afternoon Homer__it's national Southern Food Day so grab you some roadkill and throw it in the pressure cooker with an onion__or just deep fry it if you have some oil.
BTW Valerie Jarret is appearing on the MSNBC Andrea Mitchell Reports show as we speak__in the role of a reporter.
Maybe she'd make a good (D) candidate for POTUS__according to Lois Lame she's already POTUS.
She doesn't look her age.
Oh__and on this day in 1892 Coca Cola was incorporated.
Good afternoon Realtime. What ever happened to Carmine Serrano?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1066527 Jan 22, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>2007? lol Gee who was president in 2008? Flack stop embarrassing yourself.
I know you're a libtard Homer but try to keep up!
Homer

Stroudsburg, PA

#1066528 Jan 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
BS...free for the asking in some states....
Pennsylvania Spends $1 Million On Ads Promoting Voter Suppression Law Blocked By Courts

Republicans sure love to waste money.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1066529 Jan 22, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Fox News reports he had the White House converted into a Mosque.
And his mother was really Elvis; Realtime and I saw those blue suede shoes in the corner of the photo.

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#1066530 Jan 22, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Fox News reports he had the White House converted into a Mosque.
http://conservativeangle.com/v ideo-lt-general-mcinerney-conf irms-muslim-brotherhood-inside -white-house/

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#1066531 Jan 22, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1066532 Jan 22, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>It was -4 earlier, now it's a balmy 13, I wish global warming would hurryTF up and get here :)
Now 63 and sunny in Boca Raton, breezy and nice. The Canadians are the only ones on the beaches!!
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1066533 Jan 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Vitter was reelected after the "scandal" with 57 % of the vote....
Maybe people in Louisiana are into spanking with diapers on and stuff. Is his wife a dominatrix?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1066534 Jan 22, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. Sure thing, Babee.
Just like Affirmative Action got them into the Game Show Kingdom.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA..........
You have no shame, do you?
Like it or not, Obama's election has had a positive influence in the portrayal on television of "middle-class African-Americans who are articulate, intelligent and thoughtful."

You can laugh all you want but as more and more African American actors play prominent roles on television, black young people will be positively motivated. They will be able to envision themselves in those roles....as doctors, CSI investigators, FBI agents, detectives, firemen, etc.

Having a late-night talk show like Don't Sleep! with an African American host focusing on stories that affect the black community gives them self-worth. It's all good.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1066535 Jan 22, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I know you're a libtard Homer but try to keep up!
And, you are a teapartyer

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1066536 Jan 22, 2014
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>You've never heard about the ballot box stuffing in major cities, and in minority neighborhoods, you need to get out more?
"You've never heard about" is typical from brain dead trolls like you.

Urban legends that nobody has been able to prove.

Just because idiots like you say there's cheating, doesn't make it so.

And you haven't been able to prove any, so Judges are ruling against you freedom robbers..
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1066537 Jan 22, 2014
<quoted text>
And his mother was really Elvis; Realtime and I saw those blue suede shoes in the corner of the photo.
That was definitely evidence of your vodka addiction.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Awww Melrose diner closed! 44 min Out of Potty Expe... 3
Please 49 min Out of Potty Expe... 5
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr SweLL GirL 11,178
What's the real story about Charlottsville? 1 hr ThomasA 26
The Party of Racism. 2 hr Definitely Democruds 5
OVERALL CDST of electric autos. 2 hr STARfukinFascists 23
News 2 dead, 6 others wounded during city shootings (Aug '16) 3 hr Fordian hesterdam 4

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages