Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1277684 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1065712 Jan 20, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
You let Nancy Pelosi off the hook for not reading the ACA.....
I didn't let anyone off the hook for not reading the ACA. If you had read my posts at the time, you would realize that I was very vocal about the bill being too all encompassing. I criticized members of Congress for not reading it and I criticized Obama for shoving it down our throats.
That said, it was passed and it IS the law of the land and, it is far better than doing nothing. So, IMO, it is up to each and everyone of us to see that it is a success. The good outweighs the bad.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1065713 Jan 20, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
EBT cards are for food. Most people your age aren't looking for houses; unless they've sold the one they've paid off long ago and are downsizing
If people can't eat or pay their rent, they will be homeless. If people get foodstamps, they buy food with it.
Will whomever your candidate is run on eliminating foodstamps and unemployment insurance? Go for it!!
How about the federal government removing its boot off the neck of the competitive free market to create more jobs?

Novel idea to most liberals, I know.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1065714 Jan 20, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
are you proud that 3.8 million number?
It's probably higher now...
The 50 million number is probably lower now too.

Need comparisons__and you are not offering any__wonder why that is.

Never knew that North Chicago folks had funny accents.

Probably funny in Okapoka__wouldn't be here.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1065715 Jan 20, 2014
Not only have numerous sources previously debunked the Benghazi information being peddled by the Republicans and Fox News, but none of these people raised a single word of protest when, for example, American embassies in Yemen and Pakistan were attacked numerous times. Why didn't the Bush administration do something to secure the compounds after the first attacks? Why didn't he provide additional security?

Where was your inquest after the Karachi attacks, Mr. Graham? Where were you after the Sana'a attacks, Mr. Hannity? What about all of the embassy attacks in Iraq that I didn't even list here, Mr. McCain? Do you realize how many people died in attacks on U.S. embassies and consulates when Bush was supposedly keeping us safe, Mr. Ailes? Just once I'd like to hear David Gregory or George Stephanopoulos or Wolf Blitzer ask a Republican member of Congress about the above timeline and why they said nothing at the time of each attack. Just once.

Nearly every accusation being issued about Benghazi could've been raised about the Bush-era attacks, and yet these self-proclaimed truth-seekers refused to, in their words, undermine the commander-in-chief while troops were in harm's way (a line they repeated over and over again during those years).

So we're only left to conclude the obvious. The investigations and accusations and conspiracy theories are entirely motivated by politics and a strategy to escalate this to an impeachment trial. In doing so, the Republicans have the opportunity not only to crush the president's second term, but also to sabotage the potential for a Hillary Clinton presidency.

Even if they never arrive at that goal, they have in their possession a cudgel formed of horseshit -- a means of flogging the current administration with the singularly effective Republican marketing/noise machine, including the conservative entertainment complex. Very seldom does this machine fail to revise history and distort the truth. Ultimately, they don't even need a full-blown impeachment proceeding when they have a population of way too many truthers and automatons who take all of these lies at face value -- not to mention dubiously sourced chunks of "truth" proffered by radio and cable news conspiracy theorists who, if nothing else, are masters at telling angry conservatives precisely what they want to hear: that the probably-Muslim president is weak on terrorism. And so they'll keep repeating "Benghazi-Gate, Benghazi-Gate, Benghazi-Gate!" without any regard for history or reality. Like always.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-cesca/13-be...

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1065716 Jan 20, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it when it comes straight out of the horse's mouth.
Panetta and Dempsey said they knew it was a terrorist attack immediately and went directly to brief the president.
You'd rather believe moveon.org .
Get the picture? Can you even SEE the picture?
Why did they attack?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1065717 Jan 20, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's never been a "perfect era". And sure as heck not one now either.
You're nutz gal__seek help.

Orlando, FL

#1065718 Jan 20, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer's a man, I think you owe him an apology.
"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man. She must be quiet." (1 Timothy 2:12)
Homer's not the kind of man this passage is referring to.

Men who worship the federal government and Obama require teaching and authority by anyone - outspoken women included.

No offense, Homer.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1065719 Jan 20, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it when it comes straight out of the horse's mouth.
Panetta and Dempsey said they knew it was a terrorist attack immediately and went directly to brief the president.
You'd rather believe moveon.org .
Get the picture? Can you even SEE the picture?
Immediately? You were there?

When did they each testify babe? Pretty sure it wasn't immediately eh?

No scandal__except for FOX lemmings and right wing blog knuckleheads.

Too bad__so sad!

Orlando, FL

#1065720 Jan 20, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i'd like carol to explain this.....
March 2, 2006: Third Attack on Karachi U.S. Consulate Killed U.S. Diplomat
U.S. Diplomat David Foy was specifically targeted in the third attack in as many years on the Karachi consulate compound. He was one of four people killed. The bomb occurred two days before President Bush was to visit Pakistan and also targeted the Marriot hotel in an upscale neighborhood of Karachi.
This was a planned and coordinated attack that nobody covered as more than a news item.
http://www.policymic.com/articles/40811/13-be...
3 times in 3 years. puts a new spin on 'preventable'.
Bush didn't blame it on a stupid video and a falsehood he knew was a lie just to win an upcoming election.

Do you even comprehend how serious the consequences would be for this president if the liberal media weren't in lock down and black out mode to keep you from realizing it?

The same liberal media who went after Nixon with both barrels blazing for a much lesser offense and cover up?
Nostrils Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1065721 Jan 20, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did they attack?
Because Obama's apology tour failed, bowing to the Saudi King didn't work and because Obama is killing innocent civilians.

Why do you always ask such dumb questions, Obamabot?

Orlando, FL

#1065722 Jan 20, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You're nutz gal__seek help.
For someone who must think there was ever a "perfect era" including this one, you probably shouldn't call anyone else "nutz" for saying otherwise.
Nostrils Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1065723 Jan 20, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
GED history course, told her so?
Just because you did the GED doesn't mean everyone else here did.
Nostrils Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1065724 Jan 20, 2014
"U.N. SECRETARY-GENERAL Ban Ki-moon, right, formally rescinds his invitation for Iran, and its foreign minister Javad Zarif, left, to join peace talks on Syria after the opposition threatened to withdraw and the United States objected to the invite originally floated by U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry."

Can you pass the Grey Poupn for this Limousine Liberal? He needs to eat before he figures out how to avoid paying taxes on his yacht.
Nostrils Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1065726 Jan 20, 2014
IRS Denies Another ACA Delay

Seig Hiel DemoKrauts!
Nostrils Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1065727 Jan 20, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush didn't blame it on a stupid video and a falsehood he knew was a lie just to win an upcoming election.
Do you even comprehend how serious the consequences would be for this president if the liberal media weren't in lock down and black out mode to keep you from realizing it?
The same liberal media who went after Nixon with both barrels blazing for a much lesser offense and cover up?
Liberal Media = Ministry of Propaganda.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1065728 Jan 20, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
"Our nation has made a promise, a solemn promise, to America's seniors,"
Bush said. "We have pledged to help our citizens find affordable medical care in the later years of life."
"These reforms are the act of a vibrant and compassionate government,"President George W Bush said.
Too bad Obama doesn't care about what is best for our population. Obama is making our country indistinguishable for the older generation. Do you think they would have ever thought that someone occupying The White House would use executive privilege to undermine Congress? Do you think they would have believed any of the lies that Obama has been throwing out , sixty or seventy years ago?

Orlando, FL

#1065729 Jan 20, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Immediately? You were there?
When did they each testify babe? Pretty sure it wasn't immediately eh?
No scandal__except for FOX lemmings and right wing blog knuckleheads.
Too bad__so sad!
News flash!

Panetta told the Senate Armed Services Committee in February of last year that it was him who informed the president that "there was an apparent attack going on in Benghazi."

When asked directly: "Secretary Panetta, do you believe that unequivocally at that time we knew that this was a terrorist attack?"

Panetta replied: "There was no question in my mind that this was a terrorist attack."

...Fox didn't read Panetta's mind assuming there was no question in his mind it was a terrorist attack minutes before briefing the president.

Panetta opened his mouth and said it himself.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1065730 Jan 20, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
For someone who must think there was ever a "perfect era" including this one, you probably shouldn't call anyone else "nutz" for saying otherwise.
Link me up to where I said, or implied "perfect era" OK babe?

Still have that chip on your shoulder eh?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1065731 Jan 20, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Psychiatrists call what you're doing "projection".
And they call what you've got Schizophrenia.

""People with schizophrenia may not make sense when they talk. They may sit for hours without moving or talking. Sometimes people with schizophrenia seem perfectly fine until they talk about what they are really thinking.""

-------

Describes you perfectly..........

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1065732 Jan 20, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Bush is blameless. Clinton had gutted the CIA and given foreign intelligence to the FBI, who proved beyond any doubt they were incompetent at it. There was no intelligence other than what was being given to us by countries rebuilding Saddam Hussien's war machine and being paid with money stolen from the UN's oil-for-food scam.
Yes, we could have prevented 9/11(2001). The FBI had the detailed 9/11 plan in their possession, but some liberal judge wouldn't let the FBI look at Moussaoui's hard drive and read the plans.
Well, for some reason, the lie Obama spewed for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi was created before the attack, and CNN changed their story line to match that lie. That means the White House was part of the Al Qaeda plan to kill Stevens.
If the White House was part of the plan, the White House could have prevented it, dumbass.
Oh, yeah. I forgot to mention that nobody believes Obama has anything to do with government other than read from the teleprompter when he's ordered to do so. So, no, Obama just doesn't have the authority in the White House to do anything. They don't even tell him what's going on. That's how unimportant he is. He most likely didn't even know the explanation being given to everyone to repeat was a lie, until it was pointed out as soon as Susan Rice embarrassed the entire country with it.
Yes, you've got acute schizophrenia blues. Right down to the bottom of your shoes.

""People with schizophrenia may not make sense when they talk. They may sit for hours without moving or talking. Sometimes people with schizophrenia seem perfectly fine until they talk about what they are really thinking.""

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Coffee Party 197,025
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min Earthling-1 54,579
News Doctor disciplined for allegedly chastising Chi... (Jul '09) 3 hr pailrider 163
News Emanuel set to call for largest property tax hi... 7 hr Bama Yankee 1
TOYOTA , Warranty Fraud, Negligent Mechanic, mi... 7 hr lichtran 2
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 8 hr 40ish 6,435
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 hr Ferrerman unplugg... 100,661
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages