Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1656944 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1066331 Jan 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
go get 'em Google Scholar.
give us some

of that

'weAREscholarlyNEGROES' website stuff like you did in the old times...

what was it?'WearerespectableNegroes'.. .??????
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1066332 Jan 22, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
PROGRESSIVES want to save gas...
not lives!!!!!
"A 2003 NHTSA study estimated that every 100 pounds of weight taken off a car weighing more than 3,000 pounds increases the accident death rate slightly less than 5%, and the rate increases as vehicles become lighter than that. Two years earlier a National Academy of Sciences study estimated that CAFÉ standards at that time were responsible for as many as 2,600 highway deaths in a single year. A 1999 study conducted by USA Today applying federal government Fatality Analysis Reporting System Data attributed deaths of 7,700 people for each additional mpg mandated to meet CAFÉ regulations."
http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2011/08...
Science...
"One hundred-pound weight reductions in lighter LTVs and most passenger cars significantly increased fatality risk."
http://www.nhtsa.gov/About+NHTSA/Press+Releas...
How about www.aeromobil.com for those who want to kill themselves in style.

Get a mental picture of 5000 of those flying over OK City every day.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1066333 Jan 22, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
nobama-Galt has been on for a while...
seem depressed and fights with Carol
He's fighting with DBWriter too. Galt has been defending Christie and DB says Christie is a RINO. These morons can't find anything to agree on except their hate for Obama.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1066334 Jan 22, 2014
democrats and transparency....

Wendy Davis' ex ....

"They've asked me not to talk to reporters,"

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search...
Lnc

United States

#1066335 Jan 22, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
SCIENCE
PROGRESSIVES DEMAND WE save fossil fuel....
make automakers do it...
shrink cars!
and then we have this:

"...Boehly and Lombardo found an increase of up to eight times in the fatality risk for occupants between the smallest and largest cars in the US.

Evans, also in the US examined FARS data and noted a twofold increase in the fatality risk when the car mass was reduced from 1600kg to 900kg while Nygren in Sweden found that drivers of 800kg vehicles were twice as likely to be injured as drivers of 1400kg. vehicles."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3...
Yes

Agree on this. The Mico-car may prove a dealt trap in a major crash!

Mercury filled light bulbs another item that need some investigation

As effective as it is at enabling white light, however, mercury—sometimes called quicksilver—is also highly toxic. It is especially harmful to the brains of both fetuses and children. That's why officials have curtailed or banned its use in applications from thermometers to automotive and thermostat switches.(A single thermostat switch, still common in many homes, may contain 3,000 milligrams (0.1 ounce) of mercury, or as much as 600 compact fluorescents.)
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1066336 Jan 22, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Holder sues Texas to stop voter ID law, congressional maps
By S Dinan
The Washington Times
Thursday, August 22, 2013
Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. sued Texas on Thursday, escalating the battle over voting rights and saying the Legislature was intentionally trying to discriminate against Hispanics when it redrew its congressional district maps and passed a voter-ID law.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/aug/... -
------
OBAMA & HOLDER SUING ARIZONA ON ITS IMMIGRATION LAW VIDEO!
-------
Holder Sues Arizona; GOP Lawmaker = The Suit “Reflects The Height of Irresponsibility & Arrogance”
----------
Can you read U-N-C-O-N-S-T-I-T-U-T-I-O-N-A- L?
As in BREACHED!!!
U.S. Constitution › 11th Amendment
11th Amendment
Amendment XI
The judicial power of the United States shall not be construed to extend to any suit in law or equity, commenced or prosecuted against one of the United States by citizens of another state, or by citizens or subjects of any foreign state.
Commie Iddd-eeeee-yut(s)
So where's the constitutional breach you vomitous cretin? Holder was in each case upholding the Constitution. Arizona can't set up its own immigration policy. That's a power delegated to the federal government by the Constitution. This was upheld in a 5 to 3 decision of the Supreme Court.
The right to vote is also constitutionally guaranteed and if a state attempts to block some of its citizens from voting the federal government not only has the right but the duty to step in.
There's nothing in the 11th Amendment that prohibits the federal government from bringing suit against a state that violates the law.
You're an idiot!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1066337 Jan 22, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
nobama-Galt has been on for a while...
seem depressed and fights with Carol
Galt thinks carol is a RINO. Galt doesn't realize that to win back the WH it's going to take a RINO to get it done.

some people can't seem to figure out the the founders never intended for this to be a nutjob nation.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1066338 Jan 22, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
democrats and transparency....
Wendy Davis' ex ....
"They've asked me not to talk to reporters,"
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search...
does Bob McDonnell have an ex?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1066339 Jan 22, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
you have such a simple mind...
"U.S. Rep. Barney Frank, immersed in one of the toughest political fights of his career, took a free private jet to the Virgin Islands courtesy of a Maine congresswoman’s billionaire fiance — whose company received a $200 million federal bailout, the Herald has learned."
http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_po...
politicians are crooks...we know...
so tell us about some republican crooks.

or i can.

GOP Candidate Sentenced for Felony Fraud After Changing Party Affiliation of 300 Democratic Voters, Casting Absentee Ballots in Their Name

http://www.bradblog.com/...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1066340 Jan 22, 2014
Emeem wrote:
The ignorance and immaturity displayed by the right wing morons here tonight exemplifies why their 7th grade cognitive level makes them so susceptible to manipulation by their wealthy handlers. These lemmings are incapable of original thought, they actually fear progress.
Too bad there isn't audio on Topix, they could entertain each other all night with fart noises.
Be calm. Feel free to become distracted. Take your meds and light up some weed. Do not focus on how miserable you are or the fact that for the first time in 70 years, middle-class job opportunities have seized up. Now there is some progress. Then you could ask:“Are you ready for some football?” So why doesn't O'bama want his son to play football again?
Lnc

United States

#1066341 Jan 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt thinks carol is a RINO. Galt doesn't realize that to win back the WH it's going to take a RINO to get it done.
some people can't seem to figure out the the founders never intended for this to be a nutjob nation.
Carol and Galt have given advise to the Republicans leading to their loss of the W H twice.
LOL

Since: May 11

New Oxford, PA

#1066342 Jan 22, 2014
Will Vitter run for Governor on a legalization of prostitution agenda?

Prevented this

#1066343 Jan 22, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
He's fighting with DBWriter too. Galt has been defending Christie and DB says Christie is a RINO. These morons can't find anything to agree on except their hate for Obama.
O'bama says Americans hates him because he is black-he keeps trying to race bait the entire nation, now his claim is :“There’s no doubt that there’s some folks who just really dislike me because they don’t like the idea of a black president. Big Whoop, Mr. President. I'm sorry that 43 percent of your voters were white—but you’re probably right. It’s most likely a race thing. How is it that O'bama gets dumber every single year in office? According to O'bama he is a failure because he is black, I don't know why he doesn't come out and admit it!

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1066344 Jan 22, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Be calm. Feel free to become distracted. Take your meds and light up some weed. Do not focus on how miserable you are or the fact that for the first time in 70 years, middle-class job opportunities have seized up. Now there is some progress. Then you could ask:“Are you ready for some football?” So why doesn't O'bama want his son to play football again?
why?

A high school football player in Arizona died from an injury suffered during the fourth quarter of a blowout playoff loss, serving as yet another reminder of the dangers of head trauma in youth sports.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/9966789/ch...

my kids never played. my grandkids will never play.

Prevented this

#1066345 Jan 22, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
RIEGELWOOD, N.C.» After losing her job as a security guard in June, Alnetta McKnight turned to food stamps and unemployment insurance to support herself and her 14-year-old son. But her jobless payments ran out after 20 weeks, and now they are living on close to nothing.
"I worked for 26 years; I lost my job through no fault of my own," McKnight said, sitting in her darkened living room — she keeps the lights off to save money — in this small town about 20 miles from Wilmington, N.C. "This is what I get?"
Had McKnight been laid off a year earlier, she almost certainly would have qualified for more than a year of unemployment insurance payments, helping keep her family out of penury while she sought another position. But last July, North Carolina sharply cut its unemployment program, reducing the maximum number of weeks of benefits to 20 from 73 and reducing the maximum weekly benefit as well.
The rest of the country is now following North Carolina's lead. A federal program supplying extra weeks of benefits to the long-term unemployed expired at the end of 2013, and congressional Democrats failed in an effort to revive it. About 1.3 million jobless workers received their last payment Dec. 28. Starting Jan. 1, the maximum period of unemployment payments dropped to 26 weeks in most states, down from as long as 73 weeks.
With that move, the country's safety net for jobless workers has undergone a sudden transformation, from one aimed at providing modest but sustained protection to workers weathering a tough labor market to one intended to give relatively short-term aid before spurring workers to accept a job, any job.
It is still early, but the results in North Carolina suggest there are both gains and losses from cutting back on support for the jobless. The state's unemployment rate has plummeted to 7.4 percent from 8.8 percent, the sharpest drop in the country. In part, that is because more jobless workers are connecting with work. But an even greater number of workers have simply given up on finding a job.
North Carolina's move also highlights a sharp political divide playing out on the national stage. In Washington, Democrats are making an election-year charge that Republicans are pulling the safety net from under struggling families at a time when the economy remains weak and is operating far below its potential.
"North Carolina still has a higher-than-average unemployment rate, so this is important to this state," President Barack Obama said last week as he unveiled plans for a new manufacturing research center in Raleigh. "Folks aren't looking for a handout. They're not looking for special treatment. There are a lot of people who are sending out risumis every single day, but the job market is still tough."
So for the 100th time O'bama is focused like a laser on jobs??? ROTFLMAO.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1066346 Jan 22, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol and Galt have given advise to the Republicans leading to their loss of the W H twice.
LOL
which is the reason for the never ending right wing excuse fest.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1066347 Jan 22, 2014
Jaz wrote:
<quoted text>
How can republicans passed any legislation with Harry Reid tabling jobs bills and healthcare bills which have never seen the light of day in the Senate for discussion? Apparently you failed to understand the House has passed 17 pieces of legislation all forwarded to the Senate and sitting gathering dust while Harry Reid runs interference for Obama.
Teabaggers my ass. You don't know what you are talking about you are reciting information and talking points hand delivered by MSNBC's Rachel Maddow and gang. Do nothing rethugs? I think not it's the do nothing demothugs holding up legislation in the Senate why not give all the senators a chance to vote? I'll tell you why because democrats up for election would gladly grab anything to save their election prospects from an angry voters.
Obama knows that and Harry Reid knows that.
The GOP hasn't proposed or passed anything that would actually create jobs. They keep going with the myth that if you lower taxes and loosen up regulations jobs will increase. The Bush administration did both and had the lowest rate of job creation since the Great Depression. Democrats on the other hand have proposed infrastructure projects that would actually put people back to work.
You're an idiot.

Since: May 11

New Oxford, PA

#1066348 Jan 22, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>O'bama says Americans hates him because he is black-he keeps trying to race bait the entire nation, now his claim is :“There’s no doubt that there’s some folks who just really dislike me because they don’t like the idea of a black president. Big Whoop, Mr. President. I'm sorry that 43 percent of your voters were white—but you’re probably right. It’s most likely a race thing. How is it that O'bama gets dumber every single year in office? According to O'bama he is a failure because he is black, I don't know why he doesn't come out and admit it!
Actually over half of those who voted for Obama in 2012 were white.

So, your claim is that no one disapproves of the President because he is black. Are you really this uninformed?
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Satellite Beach, FL

#1066349 Jan 22, 2014
waxywaxturd wrote:
GOOD MORNING OBAMABOTOPIX FAMILY!!!!!
As you all can see I have been up all night into the wee small hours maniacally judging your posts and chit-chatting back and forth to myself using many of my favorite sockpuppets!! A "labor of love" though tiring!! I had to change my depends three times last night but it was worth every diaper as it was challenging and exciting!! I have been using a new product called "Guard your Manhood",, very effective if I don't say so myself!!! "Not Surprized" loves them!!!! Anyone who spends as much time on Topix as I do (though I doubt there is) should look into them. Fabulous!
I and most of my sockpuppets will be on board all day today making idiotic and mentally deranged comments, the sole purpose being to harass and feebly attempt to insult the legitimate posters who use this forum.
ATTENTION!!!! I have brought forth another favorite sockpuppet creation from the bottomless pit of my sockpuppet closet, "forks_make_us_fa t"!!! He will be posting along with one of my favorite socks, "Emeeml" for most of the day, so please my dear friends, stick around today!!!!
And welcome them with some of that Topix love!!!
I will also be judging your posts all day. I plan to be here for the entire day and night with my sockpuppets so get ready for an all out judgit blowout shitshow!!!! Please JOIN in!! I will give you a head start if needed. I enjoy spending the day here giving out judgits to anyone who doesn't agree with me and I like to think I have full control of this thread!!! I consider it "mine"!!!!!!
And now it appears that it's time for another time out and some much needed quality time spent in my hydrotherapy bath, the tranquilizing "chair" and some gyroscope therapy treatment. I think I over did with the judgits and my sockpuppets all night long. I got overly excited and need to take a breather. These depends are pretty shot too!! Carry on the marathon judgit tourney without me till I return!
As usual I will share a couple of my secrets with my topix friends:
As I have revealed, if you want to get an edge in the judgit race, doubling up on the industrial strength depends are a must. And constipating foods are a big help!! I recommend cheese and lots of it!! Multiple IP addresses are a must as well!!!!
I will return shortly, relaxed, rejuvenated and refreshed!!!!
Warm hugs,''Not Surprized),,,( the very chubby, chubby-chasing Obamabot from a location too embarrassing to be posted here)
PS: PHONE NUMBERS PLEASE!!!!
Not Surprized! LOL

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1066350 Jan 22, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
So where's the constitutional breach you vomitous cretin? Holder was in each case upholding the Constitution. Arizona can't set up its own immigration policy. That's a power delegated to the federal government by the Constitution. This was upheld in a 5 to 3 decision of the Supreme Court.
The right to vote is also constitutionally guaranteed and if a state attempts to block some of its citizens from voting the federal government not only has the right but the duty to step in.
There's nothing in the 11th Amendment that prohibits the federal government from bringing suit against a state that violates the law.
You're an idiot!
Why are you so angry defending this president?

Seems to me if you were right and the rest of us were wrong, your anger wouldn't be necessary. You'd have solid arguments to stand behind instead.

Requiring an ID to vote isn't all that unreasonable to incite this kind of reaction. Unless you're afraid voter IDs would drastically affect the number of votes for your party.

Why else would it make you so angry?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shouldn't this skank apologize B4 next session? 2 min SQUAW B Malignant 13
Trump is A 5 min Chilli J B Azzhole 165
Juanita Broaddrick explains why she supported T... 33 min BUBBA GUILTY 2
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr honeymylove 11,556
Moore Jones will be close. 1 hr The Predicting Kimd 1
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 3,731
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Dudley 64,306

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages