Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1523993 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1066076 Jan 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't even know what that means. Can you direct me to the right wing site that's touting whatever it was you tried to say?
(you can see why carol keeps trying to hammer the real media)
your ignorance is not Galt's concern....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1066077 Jan 21, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yah? That, and telling them only what they want to hear, bolstering their egos with a faux sense of self esteem. Funny how they can reconcile making a better living off welfare (than a minimum wage job) with being a good role model for their children.
Strange,(not really) coz if it was 100% effective there should be a lot less rage among the unemployed. ;)
I suspect public school counselors no longer rag on kids about being underachievers. How sad.
in the long run, paying the criminal element to sit at home and watch game shows might be a good investment....
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1066078 Jan 21, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Wendy Davis was a teenage single mom....oh, wait, that was a lie....
Mom at 19 yoa__separated shortly there after looks like she might have been 21 when the divorce was final.

She was fudging the biography a bit, not a lot. Husband two was a better deal the first mutt.

The election is not far off__she could win__particularly if the right wing attacks from mini dks such as yourself drive female voters to her side.

Governor of Texas is really a non job with no power beyond signing death warrants. The Lt Governor is actually a more important position in that state__but you already knew that__or should as it's been explained on this thread dozens of times.

Still, if Davis should become governor of the turdstar star__it would be bad for the "right wing racists" such as yourself.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1066079 Jan 21, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
...those kooky Christians...
and then we have this...
"Randfontein teen confesses satanic killing of friend"
'The teenager has told the Palm Ridge High Court she killed her schoolmate in order to move up the ranks of a Satanic cult in Randfontein, west of Johannesburg.'
http://www.enca.com/south-africa/randfontein-...
...those kooky Christian zealots...

and then we have this...

"unity today...power tomorrow"

Marxist atheist humanists striving to dominate the U.S. military and, eventually, ruling the world.

xD
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1066080 Jan 21, 2014
Unemployment in its truest definition, meaning the portion of people who do not have any job, is 37.2 percent. This number obviously includes some people who are not or never plan to seek employment. But it does describe how many people are not able to, do not want to or cannot find a way to work.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1066081 Jan 21, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a musician...
A DJ....and you more than likely are a drug abuser....
'CONCLUSIONS:
The paper is one of the first to quantify a possible relationship between drug use and music style. On the basis of the evidence presented, a significant relationship was found between identification with rave music and life-time drug use.'
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9489048
i don't touch pharmaceuticals. never have. i don't even take the pills i'm supposed to take.

as a technician, in my line of work you have to carry three trains of thought at the same time. no room for attitude adjustments.

as an artist,......oh well. but now i know why i'm a techno freak.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1066082 Jan 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Most voters have opposed the new national health care law’s individual mandate in past surveys, but voters are now evenly divided when asked whether the federal government should force every American to have health insurance.
A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 42% of Likely U.S. Voters believe the government should require every American to buy or obtain health insurance, up from 33% in mid-December. But now only 43% oppose the individual mandate, down 15 points from a high of 58% last month. Fifteen percent (15%) are undecided.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
think we'll see that one on the FOX site?
How many Americans currently receiving Food stamps will kindly give them up?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1066083 Jan 21, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>"Their shared contempt" being Hillary AND Obama's.
Wow__you are fkn up left and right poops__might be a good idea to take a little break. Who is Stephens?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1066084 Jan 21, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
your ignorance is not Galt's concern....
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.

Winston Churchill

try it on for size.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1066085 Jan 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
heard that one the day of his first inauguration.
but.....
Democrats have posted their largest lead on the Generic Congressional Ballot since early November, while Republicans have fallen to their lowest level of support in a year.
A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey for the week ending January 19 finds that 41% of Likely U.S. Voters would vote for the Democrat in their district’s congressional race if the election were held today, unchanged from the previous week. Thirty-five percent (35%) would choose the Republican instead, down two points from the previous survey. The Democrats have now led for three weeks in a row.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
and like most stuff i heard on day one.....i'm still waiting.
you wonder why we laugh? you folks aren't really that dense, are you? you're just playing the part like any wannabe FOX talking head tries to do, aren't you? carol?
middle class voters will punish DemoKKKrats in November for screwing them with ObamaKKKare....

DemoKKKrats are the party of the super-rich and the welfare bums...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1066086 Jan 21, 2014
Signs it's election time or they have some pot smoking going on in Cuckoville...

'Millionaire Congresswoman: Income Inequality is 'Existential Threat' to U.S'

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/eric-scheiner...

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1066087 Jan 21, 2014
Sue wrote:
<quoted text>We got enough crazy people in this world marijuana will only make it worse, doesn't surprise me how the president said on this subject, maybe that's why he thinks like he does. Funny now he is blaming his race for his low ratings, He never cease to amaze me how he can come up with other things to blame but himself.
Who cares, as long as daily users can't be hired as bus or taxi drivers, architects or construction workers, nurses, pharmacists, doctors any any other health care worker, teachers of anything beside finger-painting and butt-wiping, accountants...nuclear physicists...lol, or astronauts...or presidents, secretaries of state, soldiers, policemen...or any other job where skill, good vision AND accuracy are required. Otherwise, there's no point in keeping the OSHA rules in effect.

:-}

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1066088 Jan 21, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Still blaming Obama for the effects of the Bush recession.
Recovery reaches the top first & the rest later.
More proof the government, the demorats own this, doorknob:

"In the case of the subprime borrowers they were charged higher interest rates and were required to pay for default insurance. This higher burden increased the risk of default. The subprime mortgages became bad investments and no amount of securitization would alter this aspect. But the process of producing graduated risk securities backed by the subprime mortgages disguised the fact that they were bad investments. The perceived status of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac as quasi-governmental institutions enabled them to sell their toxic product world-wide."

your boys own this, dumbass, take your head out of yur rear end and wake up to the truth.
Homer

Stroudsburg, PA

#1066089 Jan 21, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the middle class is pissed off about getting screwed by ObamaKKKare and will punish the DemoKKKrats in November...
DemoKKKrats represent only the very rich and the poor....
Calm down boobie. People are still angry with the Republicans for being a bunch of aholes. So the next race is pretty much neck and neck until Hillary wins in 2016

Since: May 11

New Oxford, PA

#1066090 Jan 21, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> At Crawford Ranch:Heads of State Visits ... A chronological list for reference
November 14-15, 2001 Russian President Vladimir Putin
April 5-7, 2002 British Prime Minister Tony Blair
April 25, 2002 Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah
August 27, 2002 Saudi Ambassador Prince Bandar Bin Sultan
October 25, 2002 Chinese President Jiang Zimen
February 21-22, 2003 Spanish President Jose Maria Aznar
May 2-3, 2003 Australian Prime Minister John Howard
May 22-23, 2003 Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi
July 20-21, 2003 Italian Prime Minister Silvo Berlusconi
March 5-6, 2004 Mexican President Vicente Fox
April 12, 2004 Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak
November 24, 2004 King Juan Carlos And Queen Sofia Of Spain had a brief lunch at the ranch
March 23, 2005 Mexican President Vicente Fox, Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin in a Trilateral Summit held in Waco, Texas at Baylor University then headed to the ranch for lunch
April 11, 2005 Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon stayed overnight at the Hilton Hotel in Waco, Texas and went to the ranch for lunch
April 25, 2005 Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah met at the ranch for lunch after receiving dignitaries at his Dallas hotel, the Gaylord Texan (now King Abdullah)
August 4, 2005 Colombian President Alvaro Uribe
So, are you defending Bush's 77 trips to Crawford Texas by telling us these leaders would not have met in DC?

I guess all Obama has to do is invite Putin to Hawaii for a vacation & you whiners would stfu?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1066091 Jan 21, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>No one likes caustic loudmouth liars like Lois Lame, not even other caustic loudmouth liars.
Ex public school teacher, ex nurse, ex medical transcriptionist, ex wife__see a pattern there?
By the way, no one likes caustic liberal propagandists either. But that doesn't seem to bother you. Just an outspoken woman who also doesn't like them.

But I also prefer "outspoken" rather than "loudmouth" too. Just FYI.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1066092 Jan 21, 2014
A prominent NAACP official recognized Martin Luther King Day by labeling black senator Tim Scott a puppet for the Republican party.“A ventriloquist can always find a good dummy,” said Reverend William Barber II, the president of North Carolina’s NAACP chapter.

The State reports that Barber’s remarks came in a speech in Scott’s home state of South Carolina.“The extreme right wing down here,” he said,“finds a black guy to be senator and claims he’s the first black senator since Reconstruction and then he goes to Washington, D.C., and articulates the agenda of the Tea Party.”

Last year, Barber gained national attention leading the “Moral Monday” protests in opposition to North Carolina’s Republican governor, Pat McCrory.

Scott is the first black senator from the South since Reconstruction. He dismissed Barber’s remarks as ”baseless and meaningless rhetoric.”

“I will honor the memory of Dr. King by being proactive in holding the door for others and serving my fellow man. And Rev. Barber will remind me and others of what not to do,” he told the Daily Caller.

Since: May 11

New Oxford, PA

#1066093 Jan 21, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>By the time O'bama gets out of there, people won't even recognize what a "D" looks like.
Lucky you have all your old school report cards to look at.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1066094 Jan 21, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Who cares, as long as daily users can't be hired as bus or taxi drivers, architects or construction workers, nurses, pharmacists, doctors any any other health care worker, teachers of anything beside finger-painting and butt-wiping, accountants...nuclear physicists...lol, or astronauts...or presidents, secretaries of state, soldiers, policemen...or any other job where skill, good vision AND accuracy are required. Otherwise, there's no point in keeping the OSHA rules in effect.
:-}
the problem is that potheads think that smoking improves their skill, vision, and accuracy....
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1066095 Jan 21, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
How many Americans currently receiving Food stamps will kindly give them up?
damn you redstates! give them up!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min Well Well 240,414
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr CrunchyBacon 105,141
A Little Ditty 14 hr Longfellow 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 15 hr TRD 71,285
A few ITEMS of interest. 17 hr Jocularity is Best 2
Look at Minn. Maine & Michigan. 17 hr EAT PORK 18
I think she is pissed. From a few years ago. 18 hr AlGoresLyingLockBoX 11

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages