Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1601873 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1065630 Jan 20, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Bush pay all the debts before he left office? No, but you fools didn't pay attention when he didn't put the wars on the books. President Obama did.
Bush will haunt this country for decades to come. The damage he did was insurmountable and unforgettable. You are the fool.
You are the fool. The damage Obama has done to this nation is absolutely unforgiveable. It's almost tantamount to you being told there will be no more Happy Hours in Boca.
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1065632 Jan 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Full of themselves? Without women, no one would exist. We give life; therefore we have power and men are not going to rule us anymore, not our purses or our bodies.
You want to go back to slave days and days when women had no vote, couldn't drive, had to shut up and just take it from their abusive husbands; unable to support themselves?
You'are insane
No wonder your husband left you. And here I thought it was only your drinking.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1065634 Jan 20, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Amazing. How does her brain even think like that?
Carol and her buddy Whatever are women who really don't like women.

They both take men's side of issues and devalue themselves as people to curry favor with the male Teabags here.

Hard to figure, but they're basicaly self-loathing women.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1065635 Jan 20, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
This whole thing is a national disgrace that rings hollow and make-believe. Following it, they pull out the Black History Month BS. Can't I even get a free Quarter Pounder in MLK's name or sumthin'? How about Free Nikes during February?
How about making June White History Month?
MLK is rolling in his grave.
BTW, Harry Belafonte is a washed-up entertainer and not a serious contender for one more Poverty Pimp.
If a television network was named "WET", what kind of programming would you expect to see?
;-)
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1065636 Jan 20, 2014
whilst playing the race card, she says.....

Palin To Obama: Honor MLK By Not Playing The 'Race Card'

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/sarah_p...

seems natural selection has failed right wing nutjobs.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1065637 Jan 20, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
<brain.dead.spam>
You already lost this battle, Dweeb.
Try to avoid yourself further embarassment.
You forgot to answer the post, dupe. Here it is again for your convenient reference:

You did everything except back your bullshit up with some facts.
You forgot to mention what products are being made in Vietnam. There are sweatshops putting together cheap shirts. That's all I'm aware of. Do you know of other products being manufactured in Vietnam?
GDP is no way to measure an economy. Take the United States, for instance. Let's say you have 10 dollars, and you give me two dollars and fifty cents, and I give you back two dollars. According to the way the government calculates the economy, you have twelve dollars.
Now, let's take a look at your numbers (which probably come from some commie propaganda site, like the ones that say Ho Chi Minh only murdered ... what was it... 400,000 people after the war ended, instead of the 3.2 million he actually murdered).
Goldman Sachs... isn't that where all the Republicans you hate and call liars come from? Do you listen to yourself?
I'll make it short. Tell us about all the manufactured products being exported from Vietnam. Tell us about all the shipyard activity building ships for the world's economy. Tell us about how Vietnam (after 40 years and Ho Chi Minh had to die) is finally able to have some kind of economic development.
Why 40 goddam years?
... now, what are those exports again?
By the way, you don't read much, do you? If you believe those commercials disguised as articles in respected publications promoting unbelievable growth in what has been stagnant areas for decades, I've got a stock broker you should meet.
You're an idiot.
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1065638 Jan 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Reminds me of the old man with a Tshirt that read "I'm Probably Lying"
Obama wore that one under his dress shirt during all his campaigns, just in case his fingers weren't crossed.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1065639 Jan 20, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Bush had 9-11. But he still made all those mistakes I listed.
Mistakes you refuse to acknowledge.
Why is that.
I love how you fricken bozos jump at listing all these supposed excuses for Bush yet the idea of the conditions when Obama took over are all meaningless.
And to blame Obama for Iraq is just beyond pitiful.
He said Afghanistan was the right war, not the righteous war.
We're sorry your side lost the Cold War. And we're sorry your side got the shit kicked out of them by Bush.
Get over it.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1065640 Jan 20, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Amazing. How does her brain even think like that?
Oops...there goes Homer too...we lost the blip...

Again..women voted, drove and pretty much said anything they wanted to long before WWII.

They just didn't think their private parts should guide the direction of the country or go out of their way to create a life because they could legally kill it..

See how far we've come, Homer? Lily?

Power to women's reproductive systems!

Right? Now both of you stop making a fist and put down your right arms.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1065641 Jan 20, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Everything is preventable to a point. We could nuke all our enemies and voila! no attacks.
There weren't any attacks as long as Bush was pounding the hell out of them.
How many terrorist attacks have there been in the United States since Obama was named president? It's almost double digits, isn't it?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1065642 Jan 20, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got to be the world's stupidest person, Dweeb. Everything you say is bass-ackwards:
1./
>>>>A parliamentary election was held in Vietnam on 22 May 2011.<<<<
----------
2./
"" Since 2000, Vietnam's economic growth rate has been among the highest in the world, and in 2011 it had the highest Global Growth Generators Index among 11 major economies.
Its successful economic reforms resulted in its joining the World Trade Organization in 2007.
According to a December 2005 forecast by Goldman Sachs, the Vietnamese economy will become the world's 17th-largest by 2025, with an estimated nominal GDP of $436 billion and a nominal GDP per capita of $4,357.
According to a 2008 forecast by PricewaterhouseCoopers, Vietnam may be the fastest-growing of the world's emerging economies by 2025, with a potential growth rate of almost 10% per annum in real dollar terms. In 2012, HSBC predicted that Vietnam's total GDP would surpass those of Norway, Singapore and Portugal by 2050.
----------
Does it hurt to be as stupid as you obviously are??
It hurts to see such stupidity running loose.7076
Nutsack trumpets the sweatshop economy!!!!

Orlando, FL

#1065643 Jan 20, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Everything is preventable to a point. We could nuke all our enemies and voila! no attacks.
Great spin! Your fellow liberals are beaming with pride.

But, hey, look Homer! Squirrel!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1065644 Jan 20, 2014
touching story.....

Republicans consider a more prominent MLK presence at state Capitol

While going bigger might seem innocuous to many, Republican recognition of King would be a significant move for a party that came to power in 2002, in part, on the strength of protest votes over the removal of the Confederate battle emblem from the state flag.

It would also amount to a symbolic – and highly public — admission that Georgia’s voter demographics are rapidly changing, and that GOP outreach to minorities is essential to the party’s long-term future.

Last year, at the state GOP convention in Athens, Gov. Nathan Deal warned an overwhelming pale audience that 56 percent of Georgia public school students are nonwhite.“If we do not recognize that, and if we don’t reach out to them, then shame on us,” he said.

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2014/01/18/repub...

before you even start...shame on you!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1065645 Jan 20, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Carol is lapping it all up to the nth degree. Fox in, Fox in. More Fox in.
well then, just FOX it. carol can just go FOX herself if she wants.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1065646 Jan 20, 2014
....If that guy can smoke marijuana...

I can sniff candy....

"RI School Warns Parents About Snorting Smarties, Possible Nasal Maggots'

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/01/20/ri-scho...

Orlando, FL

#1065647 Jan 20, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>If everyone shopped at second hand stores and Walmart for that matter, you will continue to drive down or keep wages low, continue to decrease manufacturing or keep it flatlined and we will be talking about this Bush Depression for another 5 years.
There needs to be a balance between saving and spending.
Rightwingers and dumbasses that keep saying they aren't buying anything because the economy is bad are the ones keeping the economy bad.
Granted I have kept things pretty simplistic but look at who I am trying to reach: rightwingers who have been squirreling every dime away because they live in constant fear.
Yours for a healthy economy,
Homer
No one is stopping you from keeping Macy's in business. You can pay a lot more so Macy's can make oodles of money if you want to. Just don't complain about the 1%'ers anymore.

Pretty sure their retail sales employees aren't raking in the dough either.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1065648 Jan 20, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
whilst playing the race card, she says.....
Palin To Obama: Honor MLK By Not Playing The 'Race Card'
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/sarah_p...
seems natural selection has failed right wing nutjobs.
Whats the population of your tribe?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1065649 Jan 20, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Carol is lapping it all up to the nth degree. Fox in, Fox in. More Fox in.
Try posting a comment with a link sometime...

or....

are you just a "Topix Fluffer"?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1065650 Jan 20, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>If everyone shopped at second hand stores and Walmart for that matter, you will continue to drive down or keep wages low, continue to decrease manufacturing or keep it flatlined and we will be talking about this Bush Depression for another 5 years.
There needs to be a balance between saving and spending.
Rightwingers and dumbasses that keep saying they aren't buying anything because the economy is bad are the ones keeping the economy bad.
Granted I have kept things pretty simplistic but look at who I am trying to reach: rightwingers who have been squirreling every dime away because they live in constant fear.
Yours for a healthy economy,
Homer
Are you referring to the recession caused by the Democrats' Marxist CRA program they traded their support for the war in Iraq for collapsing the economy after two years of oversight by Democrats Dodd and Frank, from whom we heard a constant stream of lies right up to the collapse? Is that the recession you're talking about?

Why should wages be increasing for a workforce that is, today, the most ignorant workforce in the industrialized world, and becomes increasingly ignorant every year? Natural economic law dictates wages should decrease for such a workforce.

If you are in a deficit mode of spending, there is no such thing as saving, moron. To save, you have to spend less than your revenue, moron. There doesn't exist a plan anywhere other than the TEA Party that promotes spending less than revenue. You are obviously posting from an alternate universe.

When you don't have money to buy things, you don't buy things. If you save money, the money you save doesn't get spent. In Democrat-not-world, all you have to do to have money is pretend you have it and spend. Reality will kick the everloving hell out of any country that acts that insane.

Now, teach us something.

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1065651 Jan 20, 2014
...legalize it...and I LOVE SCIENCE...

"...Marijuana smoke contains similar levels of tar as tobacco smoke and up to 50% more carcinogens."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1...

What's a 'carcinogen'?

"Substances and exposures that can lead to cancer are called carcinogens"

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancercauses/oth...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Some in Cicero take issue with flying of Mexica... (Oct '08) 2 hr UCantHandletheTruth 1,581
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr loose cannon 242,616
The Party of Racism. 8 hr Cant Deny History 29
Coffee with Jesus. 9 hr Ooftus Goofus 8
Black-Lives-Matter, saves goods, shoes etc. fro... 9 hr Jesse Js Buddies 3
Anne Coulter's X Boyfriend. 9 hr Makes Movies 1
Chicago has the Worst Women (Jun '16) 9 hr Justice League 152

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages