Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1261846 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1064692 Jan 17, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
"....each and every one of those scandals .." = Delusional faux scandals
"The outrage" = the daily whine with Galt and sometimes without :-)
4 dead isn't phony missing linc

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1064693 Jan 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> If you knew anything, you would have known why they took their full milk cans to the roadside.
Bt you obviously, as usual didn't know squat.
How the hell old are you? Never in the history of automobiles have I ever heard of anyone dragging their milk cans to the side of the road. Now I am starting to wonder how old Lily is. You people must be ancient.
P N A

Palm Coast, FL

#1064694 Jan 17, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
so
how
old
is
Galt?
Voted for Harding then went to vaudeville,....... must be on Medicare?
How old are Patrick and Angela? Hopefully, not old enough to vote.
dem

Chicago, IL

#1064695 Jan 17, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
once again you are avoiding my questions. But I'm used to that from you.
but, I didn't ask why they took their milk to the side if the road, I asked how long the milk stayed on the side if the road. You could do this entire thread a great service if you would just learn to read.
Good thing you took the day off to play on topix, lady.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1064697 Jan 17, 2014
Lnc wrote:
WASHINGTON — In announcing his long-awaited plans to overhaul government surveillance policies, President Obama on Friday sought to occupy a middle space in the simmering debate on U.S. spying.
He pushed for a greater measure of transparency and oversight in how the intelligence community goes about its work, but rejected calls to end the National Security Agency's controversial telephone metadata program altogether.
He's also gonna appoint Robert Parker to do something here. We don't know what and neither does the Magic Negro but, hey, it's cool, isn't it?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1064698 Jan 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
When considering a source, one that is employed by a politically motivated group to push their agenda obviously puts their opinion in question.
Evidently, you don't get that
I'm just asking for 6 names, Dave. Geesh, you act as if I'm asking for the winning lotto numbers.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1064700 Jan 17, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
She lived in the Henhouse.
that explains her aversion to fox

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1064701 Jan 17, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Good thing you took the day off to play on topix, lady.
life is good. Here, have a beer

http://www.google.com/search...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1064702 Jan 17, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe that was in Canada.
No, It was western Massachusetts, however, I'm sure all of the small dairy farmers had similar operations. It was the Hood Dairy company that picked up the cans from the road;
My parents dragged them to the side of the road for pick up; I was 10 when we moved to the city so I assume it was probably early morning. We had about 30 cows, a couple of milking machines and my parents milked the others. I don't care if you believe me, I have no reason to lie. Why don't you just say you don't know how this was done in the 60's and just shut up?
I don't know what the process was about the bull, I do know it was young.
Realtime knows that life; he grew up on a dairy farm as well.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1064703 Jan 17, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny because I do remember there was a fox who killed some of our chickens. My uncles were chicken farmers in New Hampshire, foxes were always a menace.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1064704 Jan 17, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>How the hell old are you? Never in the history of automobiles have I ever heard of anyone dragging their milk cans to the side of the road. Now I am starting to wonder how old Lily is. You people must be ancient.
You must be a dummy.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1064706 Jan 17, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
No, It was western Massachusetts, however, I'm sure all of the small dairy farmers had similar operations. It was the Hood Dairy company that picked up the cans from the road;
My parents dragged them to the side of the road for pick up; I was 10 when we moved to the city so I assume it was probably early morning. We had about 30 cows, a couple of milking machines and my parents milked the others. I don't care if you believe me, I have no reason to lie. Why don't you just say you don't know how this was done in the 60's and just shut up?
you're right, considering I was born in 68.(I'll refrain from the geezer jokes)

it wasn't a bull. Creating steers isn't something new.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1064707 Jan 17, 2014
<quoted text>
That's funny because I do remember there was a fox who killed some of our chickens. My uncles were chicken farmers in New Hampshire, foxes were always a menace.
we didn't have foxes, we had coyotes, but our dogs took care of them.

Lapeer, MI

#1064708 Jan 17, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
it also explains her fascination with peckers

Lapeer, MI

#1064709 Jan 17, 2014
<quoted text>
"....the Hood Dairy company"?????

They don't have cows in the hood, babee.

Lapeer, MI

#1064710 Jan 17, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
you're right, considering I was born in 68.(I'll refrain from the geezer jokes)
it wasn't a bull. Creating steers isn't something new.
What do you get after cutting the legs off of a steer?

Ground Beef

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1064711 Jan 17, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
You're full of crap as usual Carol.
The War on Poverty has kept millions of families out of poverty, made college education more accessible, and put the American Dream within reach for those living on society’s margins. Our national poverty rate fell 42 percent during the War on Poverty, from 1964 to 1973. And that trend continues today: The poverty rate fell from 26 percent in 1967 to 16 percent in 2012 when safety net programs are taken into account. Raising the minimum wage to a livable level is the best thing we could do to lift people out of poverty nitwit. A large portion if not most of those living in poverty work at low paying jobs. Lowering taxes won't do anything stupid since those living in poverty don't make enough to pay any.
"pdumb"
You are consistent. Your post offered little which was fact but you were able to demean "Carol" one more time. You demean her with your near every post, some examples;
- Sure you paranoid twit
- You're lying "Carol"
- You clueless twit
- You're an idiot "Carol"
- Only in your hate filled mind
- Aren't you a gullible twit
- You are an idiot "Carol"
Peace
KMA
Happy New Year

Spokane, WA

#1064712 Jan 17, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY STUPID! Al Qaeda didn't have a presence in Iraq until George W decided to invade. So you can put that on his doorstep too.
You're an idiot Galt!
"pdumb"
And al qaeda did not have a presence on Benghazi. Right.
Peace
KMA
Happy New Year

Spokane, WA

#1064713 Jan 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush must have quit looking for Al Qaeda as he declared their leader Bin Laden irrelevant & marched off to invade Iraq, a country that had no Al Qaeda & had nothing to do with 9-11.
"real dumb"
And the boy president led the raid to kill bib laden and then told the world al qaeda was a thing of the past. Tell that to the Iraqis, particularly the women and children who die daily because of the attacks by muslim terrorists. In your sick mind al qaeda can do no wrong, they are your hero's.
Peace
KMA
Happy New Year

Spokane, WA

#1064714 Jan 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
How about a job that needs to be subsidized? Is that a real job?
Let me know when you m,an up & get a real job that I don't have to subsidize with my tax dollars.
"real dumb"
You mean like all those 17 jobs the boy president nobama created with his "porkulus" bill? Those jobs were not subsidized by those of us who actually pay taxes? Get a life and quit being the boy president nobama's troll. Think for yourself, just once.
Peace
KMA
Happy New Year

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 56 min Rogue Scholar 05 194,323
Abby 7-28-15 57 min pde 7
Ask Amy 7-28-15 2 hr Mister Tonka 6
Ask Amy 7-27-15 3 hr boundary painter 9
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr boundary painter 5,378
Dear Abby 7-27-15 3 hr Blunt Advice 8
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr PEllen 100,189
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages