Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1620220 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

P N A

Satellite Beach, FL

#1065549 Jan 20, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
New Jersey Governor Chris Christie's deputy has denied claims that they threatened to withhold disaster funds from a city hit by superstorm Sandy.
Lieutenant Governor Kim Guadagno told reporters the accusation was "wholly and completely false".
Hoboken's mayor alleges she was told her city could lose out on federal money unless she backed a real estate project favoured by Gov Christie.
It is the latest claim of corruption to hit the Republican governor.
He is often tipped as the party's top contender to take back the White House in 2016. According to some pollsters, he is one of the only Republicans who could beat Democrat Hillary Clinton, if she decided to run for president.
Barack Hussein Obama: "Lie of the Year" LOL
Hillary (Stand By Your Man) Clinton: "What DIFFERENCE does it make?" LOL

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1065550 Jan 20, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell us what happened after the Democrats sabotaged South Vietnam after they defeated the single largest communist invasion of the war in 1972 without any assistance from US ground combat units. Where did the front of the Cold War move to next?
And, please tell us:
1) Why there hasn't been an election for any office at any level of government in Vietnam since 1975?
2) Why is Vietnam an impoverished country while the rest of the world has become wealthier? Why doesn't South Vietnam have a vibrant industrial middle class and an industrial economy like South Korea?
You've got to be the world's stupidest person, Dweeb. Everything you say is bass-ackwards:

"" Since 2000, Vietnam's economic growth rate has been among the highest in the world, and in 2011 it had the highest Global Growth Generators Index among 11 major economies.

Its successful economic reforms resulted in its joining the World Trade Organization in 2007.

According to a December 2005 forecast by Goldman Sachs, the Vietnamese economy will become the world's 17th-largest by 2025, with an estimated nominal GDP of $436 billion and a nominal GDP per capita of $4,357.

According to a 2008 forecast by PricewaterhouseCoopers, Vietnam may be the fastest-growing of the world's emerging economies by 2025, with a potential growth rate of almost 10% per annum in real dollar terms. In 2012, HSBC predicted that Vietnam's total GDP would surpass those of Norway, Singapore and Portugal by 2050.
----------

Does it hurt to be as stupid as you obviously are??

It hurts to see such stupidity running loose.
Homer

Stroudsburg, PA

#1065551 Jan 20, 2014
So Denver and Seattle both teams which reside in states that have legalized marijuana will be playing in this year's Super Bowl.

Coincidence?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1065552 Jan 20, 2014
On Meet the Press Sunday, the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, Michigan Representative Mike Rogers (R), said that he believes Edward Snowden may have been working for agents of the former KGB.

“Let me just say this,” Rogers said.“I believe there’s a reason he ended up in the hands, the loving arms, of an FSB agent in Moscow. I don’t think that’s a coincidence.”

He accused Snowden of being an amateur, saying “it’s like having the janitor at a bank who figured out how to steal some money deciding matters of high finance. This was a thief who, we believe, had some help to — who stole information the vast majority of which had nothing to do with privacy.” Rogers was referring to the idea, popularized by Glenn Greenwald, that Snowden’s central concern wasn’t with sharing state secrets so much as informing Americans as to the scope of government intrusion into their lives.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/19/house-i...
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1065553 Jan 20, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps they can run together! Oops! Forgot they're too fat to run. AF1 would use 4 times the fuel to fly those two fatties around. The food budget at the White House too!
Hillary is running with someone else overweight?

Location hidden

#1065554 Jan 20, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You ran from your opinion of Christie when Christie was prancing around the airport with Obama.
There used to be Democrats I respected. Patrick Moynehan was one. Today, it's blatantly obvious Democrats are completely controlled by that anti-American duped faction that was merely just part of the assemblage of Democrats until the 90s.
I don't see any Democrat opposed to the blatantly obvious unconstitutional government we have today executing a coup against the constitutional republic.
<brain.dead.spam>
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1065555 Jan 20, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you're so goddam stupid you're going to try to tell us King voted for George Wallace?
Do you even realize how stupid you're making yourself look?
Now, back to the question you are trying to dodge:
Why would King join the political party that was shoving him to the back of the bus and attacking him with fire hoses and dogs?
David Garrow — author of Bearing the Cross: Martin Luther King, Jr. and the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, which won the 1987 Pulitzer Prize for biography — advised against assigning King to either party. "It's simply incorrect to call Dr. King a Republican," Garrow told us.

However, he said he wouldn't call King a Democrat, either, because he had "very positive feelings" about Republican Richard Nixon in the late 1950s and "extremely positive feelings" about Republican Nelson Rockefeller, the New York governor who later served as vice president. Also, Garrow said, King became "a very harsh critic" of Democratic President Lyndon Johnson over his escalation of the Vietnam War and "wouldn't necessarily have backed (Democratic presidential nominee) Hubert Humphrey in '68 had he (King) lived."

We asked Garrow about the 2006 Post article's statements that King had voted for Democratic presidential candidates John F. Kennedy in 1960 and Lyndon Johnson in 1964. He said there is little doubt that King did so.

But that doesn't mean King made public his political preferences. In his book, Garrow writes that during the 1960 race between Kennedy and Republican Richard Nixon, King declined to endorse either nominee — even after Kennedy associates interceded with officials in Georgia to help secure King's release from jail on a probation violation. The closest King came to that was a few days before the election when he released a statement that said: "I want to make it palpably clear that I am deeply grateful to Senator Kennedy for the genuine concern he expressed....(He) exhibited moral courage of a high order."

King's father, however, was so grateful to Kennedy that he announced he was shifting his traditionally Republican presidential preference to vote for Kennedy, according to Garrow's book.

King was more vocal about the candidates in the 1964 presidential election, when Johnson faced GOP nominee Barry Goldwater, who as an Arizona senator had voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Garrow told us that King "certainly did all but explicitly endorse LBJ in '64 and strongly criticize the Goldwater candidacy." Garrow writes in Bearing the Cross that King urged his supporters to vote against Goldwater and all GOP candidates who did not disassociate from him.

According to the King Online Encyclopedia, from Stanford University's Martin Luther King Jr. Research and Education Institute, King campaigned for Johnson and welcomed his win.

http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/20...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1065556 Jan 20, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You have your opinions, too. You agree with the coup by the Democrats to eliminate the constitutional republic and replace it with a totalitarian government of the ruling elite. You continually deny the obvious, like gun running, sabotaging Iraq, sabotaging Afghanistan, putting the Muslim Brotherhood in policy-making positions in the White House, a constant stream of lies, IRS targeting political opposition, Obama being nothing more than a shill to make it look like someone's president, etc., etc., etc., and put out every party line lie you get in your indoctrination sessions.
The only difference is, you don't state your opinions. You lie about them. But, Saul Alinsky coaches you to lie about them. You know, truth is relative.
Do you ever sit back and read your psycho babble? You are completely incapable of assimilating facts. You just get something in your head and go with it regardless of whether or not those thoughts have been discredited.

"Gun running", "sabotaging Iraq and Afghanistan", "Muslim Brotherhood policy-makers", "steam of lies", "IRS targeting of the opposition"...it's all proven nonsense feed by Issa's witch hunts and the indoctrination by conservative media sources. You really need to get your head out of the sand.

Location hidden

#1065557 Jan 20, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you're so goddam stupid you're going to try to tell us King voted for George Wallace?
Now, back to the question you are trying to dodge:
Why would King join the political party that was shoving him to the back of the bus and attacking him with fire hoses and dogs?
You're so goddam stupid you can't even figure out which State MLK was from!!

MLK was from Georgia, voted in Georgia, nitwit.

Wallace was Governor of Alabama.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1065558 Jan 20, 2014
....greedy republicans...

Bill Gates...

"Bill Gates, the founder and chairman of Redmond, Washington-based Microsoft Corp., was the year’s biggest gainer. The 58-year-old tycoon’s fortune increased by $15.8 billion to $78.5 billion, according to the index, as shares of Microsoft, the world’s largest software maker, rose 40 percent."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-02/bill...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1065559 Jan 20, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You ran from your opinion of Christie when Christie was prancing around the airport with Obama.
There used to be Democrats I respected. Patrick Moynehan was one. Today, it's blatantly obvious Democrats are completely controlled by that anti-American duped faction that was merely just part of the assemblage of Democrats until the 90s.
I don't see any Democrat opposed to the blatantly obvious unconstitutional government we have today executing a coup against the constitutional republic.
"prancing"! More like lumbering or waddling. Did you see him going up the steps of AF1?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1065560 Jan 20, 2014
<quoted text>
That old fart hasnt' left his hovel in 5 years! They're all tough guys on here.
I wear my 'Astronaut' Suit while I post...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1065561 Jan 20, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Denying them all the freebies is what will send them packing back to Mexico. Those little taco stands and construction cleanup crew stints are not what's buying a new truck for every one of the ten adults living in your local flophouse.
Hint: Construction is way down all across the Southwest but the Mexicans still manage to live very well with all the handouts. If Mexico had welfare, SNAP and year long free meals at the schools we wouldn't have millions of Mexican freeloaders dragging down our Standard of Living. It's not very gracious of their native country considering we have brought UP the Standard of Living in Mexico, steadily, every year since NAFTA was signed. They are never satisfied, the more we give them the more they want. So much for the gratitude of beggars and thieves.
I notice you used the term "Mexicans", not illegals. That says something about your narrow point of view. U.S. dollars were supporting Mexico long before George H. W. Bush signed the NAFTA agreement. Unlike many of my liberal cohorts, I see no light at the end of the tunnel until such time as we amend the constitution to deny automatic citizenship to babies born to illegal aliens on our soil. The flood of illegals will continue forever until that door is shut.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1065562 Jan 20, 2014
Signs the Progressive 'you did not build that' economy is on fire!

"As traffic slumps and teen-oriented stores struggle, retailers suffer worst holiday season since 2009"

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/behindthestorefr...

Location hidden

#1065563 Jan 20, 2014
Christie speaks, and looks for lessons

"“Part of politics is trying to have sharp elbows publicly in order to make a deal privately,” Christie told me.“And if you don’t have the willingness and ability to do that, then the opportunity to make deals privately that benefit the public become much more difficult in my view, and in my experience.”

Here’s the problem, though: Even if Christie is as shocked by the revelations as he says, what Fort Lee made clear is that, after four years of this, all those public “sharp elbows” have begun to overtake the private pragmatism. After the viral videos of Christie dressing down constituents and the insults casually tossed around like Frisbees on the shore, it’s apparently gotten hard for Christie’s own aides and allies (some of whom, it seems, aren’t quite as bright as the governor to begin with) to discern where the theatrics leave off and the governance begins.

The bridge fiasco, featuring that horrendous email in which a Christie ally mocked the bus-riding children of Democratic voters, is an extreme case. But now you have the Democratic mayor of Hoboken saying Christie’s lieutenant governor threatened to pull back hurricane relief to force her hand on a real estate development. And you can bet there will be more stories like this in the weeks ahead, stories of aides who thought they were channeling the boss, because their concept of the boss, more and more, resembles Tony Soprano.""

----------

And there it is.

People like Christie because he acts like Tony Soprano. A bully.

They choose to look away when the dirty tricks come and bodies are being dumped in the Meadowlands..
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1065564 Jan 20, 2014
<quoted text>
"prancing"! More like lumbering or waddling. Did you see him going up the steps of AF1?
Obama always looks like a girly-girl when he skips up to the podium or prances up the steps of AF1... just like when he tries to throw a baseball in his mom jeans. LOL

Location hidden

#1065565 Jan 20, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
I wear my 'Astronaut' Suit while I post...
More like you wear your azzhole suit 24/7.

Location hidden

#1065566 Jan 20, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever sit back and read your psycho babble? You are completely incapable of assimilating facts. You just get something in your head and go with it regardless of whether or not those thoughts have been discredited.
"Gun running", "sabotaging Iraq and Afghanistan", "Muslim Brotherhood policy-makers", "steam of lies", "IRS targeting of the opposition"...it's all proven nonsense feed by Issa's witch hunts and the indoctrination by conservative media sources. You really need to get your head out of the sand.
His head is not in the sand!!

It's firmly stuffed up his butt, the swamp gasses are what makes him this crazy..
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1065567 Jan 20, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Signs the Progressive 'you did not build that' economy is on fire!
"Consumer Confidence Slides, Misses By Most In 8 Years"
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-01-17/cons...
http://www.sca.isr.umich.edu/
CONSSENT Index says otherwise__someone is lying.

Location hidden

#1065568 Jan 20, 2014
Where did that Texas punk run off to??

I was just beginning to have fun with the Dweeb!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... (Feb '17) 1 hr Cactus 84
Need Halloween Costume Accessories 1 hr spam tester 2
News Jeff Sessions claims sanctuary city policies 'e... 1 hr Cactus 32
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Maverick 808 105,303
Benghazi, the REAL story. 4 hr Bad Breath 14
Whatever became of Vida? 4 hr Lash LaRue 11
The truth and nuttin but. 4 hr IsCMathewsGAY 24

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance