Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1420309 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

United States

#1064824 Jan 18, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
media matters, Sesame St.
media matters, National Enquirer
media matters, Mao's Little Red Book
media matters, Readers Digest for Liberals
media matters, Outhouse Seatcover
so you must have read the report.
Lnc

United States

#1064825 Jan 18, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Senate intelligence report takes GOP tirades about Benghazi head-on
The Senate intelligence committee made headlines this week by reporting that the 2012 attack in Benghazi was preventable. But frankly, we knew that. The deeper message of the bipartisan report was that Republicans in Congress wasted a year arguing about what turned out to be mostly phony issues.
The Republican Party’s Benghazi obsession was the weird backdrop for foreign-policy debate through much of last year. Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.) used it as a pretext for blocking administration nominations. Rep. Darrell Issa (Calif.) used the issue to impugn the integrity and independence of a review conducted by retired Adm. Mike Mullen and former ambassador Thomas Pickering.
Driving the Republican jihad was a claim, first reported in October 2012 by Fox News, that CIA personnel had wanted to respond more quickly to the Benghazi attack but were ordered to “stand down,” perhaps by political higher-ups. Although this claim was promptly rebutted by CIA officials, it was repeated by Fox News at least 85 times, according to a review by the liberal advocacy group Media Matters. This barrage fueled Republican charges that the Democrats were engaging in a coverup.
The Senate intelligence report addressed this inflammatory charge head-on.“The committee explored claims that there was a ‘stand down’ order given to the security team at the annex. Although some members of the security team expressed frustration that they were unable to respond more quickly to the mission compound, the committee found no evidence of intentional delay or obstruction by the chief of [the CIA] base or any other party.”
The Senate panel also rejected the insinuation, made repeatedly by Republicans, that the Obama administration failed to scramble available military assets that could have defended the Benghazi annex and saved the lives of the four American victims.“There were no U.S. military resources in position to intervene in short order in Benghazi,” the report says flatly.“The committee has reviewed the allegations that U.S. personnel .&#8201;.&#8201;. prevented the mounting of any military relief effort during the attacks, but the Committee has not found any of these allegations to be substantiated.”
These are bipartisan findings, mind you, endorsed by the panel’s Republican members as well as Democrats. GOP members offered some zingers in their additional minority views, but the Democrats rightly credited their colleagues for standing up to the right-wing spin machine:“We worked together on a bipartisan basis to dispel the many factual inaccuracies and conspiracy theories related to the Benghazi attacks.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/david-...
right wing Trolls still have Yarns on this :-)

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1064826 Jan 18, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
A bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee reported not only gross neglect and incompetency stating Benghazi could have been prevented but implicitly implied a cover up afterwards.
But don't mind that. There are squirrels to chase.
i would love to have you show me where it said those things...
Lnc

United States

#1064827 Jan 18, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Shameful gibberish__you really ought to give up on this subject__you're completely lost on it.
she has nothing original since 2012...same repeats of discredited malarky .

spending time looking for the Presidents father and looking at naked pictures

LOL
Lnc

United States

#1064828 Jan 18, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, try and stay with me. The bombings in the 1980s were the first attacks against the U.S. by radical Islam. We had not been attacked by jihadists before that time. There were no repeated requests by ambassadors for extra security which were repeatedly denied leading up to these attacks.
And, most importantly....now pay attention....President Reagan did not go out in front of America and the rest of the world and lie about a video for weeks afterwards to win an election.
You might not be able to digest the raw truth and common sense, so chew on it slowly.
......now pay attention.......
Iran Contra.
President Reagan sold arms to Iran, the terrorists

Check mate
Lnc

United States

#1064829 Jan 18, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope she thanks us for the $800,000 gift we gave her. Her husband is so generous with our money - and using our tax paid Air Force One like it's his personal possession.
But what's $800,000 and using Air Force One as a taxi cab? It's only money.
Just glad it wasn't Laura Bush who needed a ride home so she could have some "me" time. Liberals would have gone ballistic. Conservatives wouldn't have been too happy either.
But it wasn't Mrs. George Bush. It was Mrs. Barack Obama. So what's the big deal?
We should all just say, "Happy Birthday, Mrs. President Obama!" She wouldn't feel the need to thank us but we could still say,"You're welcome!" .Just to be polite.
LOL ......mumbo jumbo ...no president other than President Obama ever left on a vacation
Lnc

United States

#1064830 Jan 18, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Ten Commandments are etched in wood in the Supreme Court chambers. Pretty sure we base our moral laws on religion.
Freedom OF religion automatically includes freedom FROM religion.
But where in the Constitution does it say the wishes of the people about social and moral issues, i.e. abortion and gay marriage, should be ignored - even if based on religious bias?
It's not like slavery. Killing life after it's created and undermining the definition of marriage which many believe to be the foundation of any society isn't like enslaving human beings.
Slavery was clearly morally wrong. Abortion and gay marriage to many people is equally morally wrong.
The majority of democrats voted down gay marriage in California and it's my guess the majority didn't do it based solely on a religious bias.
Democrats and especially atheists against abortion don't necessarily have a religious bias in abhorring the legalization of mass killing of the unborn.
It's too simple-minded to think that moral issues are divided strictly along party lines.
Good Luck at finding a house today
Lnc

United States

#1064831 Jan 18, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i would love to have you show me where it said those things...
LOL

for the most part Carol is worth reading, Galt on occasion .... sort out the rest
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1064832 Jan 18, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The first suicide bombing by Islamists was in 1983 listed in the Islamic attacks against America.
http://factreal.wordpress.com/2010/01/30/list...
So that must mean YOU'RE gibberish...
More gibberish__the attack/kidnapping of American Embassy personnel in Iran occurred when???

Stop playing "fun with words" doll__you're completely lost on the subject.

Most believe that the Islamic Revolution began in 1979.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1064833 Jan 18, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
you know what's funny, most voter ID laws enacted are aimed at minorities and the poor, but the sad fact of the matter is of the few voter fraud convictions there are, the majority of the guilty are white conservative republicans
maybe that's why they keep screaming about voter fraud, cause they are guilty of it and think everybody else must be doing it too
What a crock of shit. Here's just one state. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/minne...

Who'd they vote for? I'll give you one guess.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1064834 Jan 18, 2014
I can't believe we made it! http://vimeo.com/52231459
Lnc

United States

#1064835 Jan 18, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>More gibberish__the attack/kidnapping of American Embassy personnel in Iran occurred when???
Stop playing "fun with words" doll__you're completely lost on the subject.
Most believe that the Islamic Revolution began in 1979.
Difficult to learn history when one depends on the internet and faux news.

Polemics have their limitations as she illustrates
but
seems a good poster when compared with the racist trolls

Compiled by ABC News’ Will Cantine, Jayce Henderson and Jordan Mazza

SPENDING BILL
ABC News’ John Parkinson:“House Passes $1 Trillion Spending Bill” The House voted in bipartisan fashion today to approve a massive spending package to fund the government through the end of the fiscal year, passing the measure by a vote of 359-67 and likely taking the prospect of another government shutdown off the table until at least this fall. Just three House Democrats opposed the vote on the omnibus; 64 Republicans voted against it. LINK

The Hill’s Pete Kasperowicz and Erik Wasson:“House Easily Passes $1T Ominous Spending Bill With 359-67 Vote” The House on Wednesday easily approved a $1 trillion omnibus spending bill that would fund the government for the rest of fiscal 2014 and let Congress avoid the risk of a shutdown until the end of September. Members voted 359-67 to pass the bill, which was opposed by 64 Republicans and three Democrats. The three Democrats who voted “no” were Reps. Raúl Grijalva (Ariz.), Rush Holt (N.J.) and Mike McIntyre (N.C.), a centrist Democrat who is retiring at the end of this Congress. LINK

The New York Times’ Jonathan Weisman:“In Defeat For Tea Party, House Passes $1.1 Trillion Spending Bill” The House voted overwhelmingly on Wednesday, 359 to 67, to approve a $1.1 trillion spending bill for the current fiscal year, shrugging off the angry threats of Tea Party activists and conservative groups whose power has ebbed as Congress has moved toward fiscal cooperation. The legislation, 1,582 pages in length and unveiled only two nights ago, embodies precisely what many House Republicans have railed against since the Tea Party movement began, a huge bill dropped in the cover of darkness and voted on before lawmakers could possibly have read it. LI
sonicfilter

United States

#1064836 Jan 18, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
right wing Trolls still have Yarns on this :-)
they're just talking to each other. no one else is listening.

it's amusing to watch, but it's of no consequence.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1064838 Jan 18, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
First, get up off of your lazy azz and read it.

Obviously, you are shooting in the dark here to get theatrical.

I read it. Louis read it. Others have read it.

Now it's your turn. If you need remedial help, ask your mother to read it to you.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1064839 Jan 18, 2014
Obamacare is costing us $600 million so the K-Rats can try and sell this lemon. Republicans want declaimers letting people know this advertising is paid for by taxpayers. I agree a disclaimer should be on the propaganda/advertising.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1064842 Jan 18, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
she has nothing original since 2012...same repeats of discredited malarky .
spending time looking for the Presidents father and looking at naked pictures
LOL
And let's not forget about Robert Parker, too!
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1064843 Jan 18, 2014
"Most ObamaCare enrollees already had health plans, report says"

The KRaouts have struck again!
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1064844 Jan 18, 2014
"Another 25 million ObamaCare victims"

It now looks like ObamaCare will hurt twice as many people as it helps — because the law isn’t nearly done with canceling people’s insurance.

The 5 million-plus Americans who’ve seen their health plans canceled thanks to ObamaCare will be joined by millions more this year — because the Affordable Care Act makes their employer-provided policies illegal, as well.

http://nypost.com/2014/01/14/another-25-milli...

The fascist left Demo-Krauots strike again!
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1064845 Jan 18, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
Mornin' WoodPecker.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1064846 Jan 18, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in that report does it say "gross neglect and incompetency".
There was no implication of a cover up.
Aren't you the moron that was asking for proof of Al Qaeda involvement too?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 35 min Coffee Party 222,791
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 53 min RACE 9,396
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 54 min RACE 1,950
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 55 min RACE 3,050
Word (Dec '08) 56 min RACE 6,699
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 57 min RACE 103,464
abby8-30-16 59 min RACE 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages