Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1579422 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Lnc

United States

#1064946 Jan 18, 2014
NuculurVodkaOption wrote:
<quoted text> So true..........
...ruling that "voting laws are designed to assure a free and fair election" and that Pennsylvania's "Voter ID Law does not further this goal," a state judge on Friday struck down that controversial statute.

"McGinley said the requirement that was the centerpiece of Pennsylvania's embattled 2012 voter identification law places an unreasonable burden on the fundamental right to vote.

"The decision paves the way for an expected appeal to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. Republicans approved the law over the protests of Democrats.

"During a 12-day trial this summer, plaintiffs said hundreds of thousands of voters lacked acceptable IDs and the inconvenience of getting a photo ID might discourage some from voting. State officials insisted there were ample opportunities for voters to get a valid ID if they had none.

"The court has barred enforcement of the law since [shortly before] the 2012 general election."

In his opinion, McGinley writes that the law presents a "substantial threat" to the rights of "hundreds of thousands" of potential voters.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1064947 Jan 18, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol is OK
just not up on history and sees the news through a polemic glass.
The Republicans passed the spending bill without her....
Tea Party mustered a few votes in the House
Passing the Budget is a death knell for the Teabaggers.

Their demands finally pissed off the mainstream Repugnants enough where the TP faction was ignored to pass this Budget.

Cruz was the most pissed off man in Washington, seeing his career going up in smoke!!

Obama won!! He broke the back of the Tea Party in Congress!!

Location hidden

#1064948 Jan 18, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican Party passed the Spending bill.
Last few months she has irrational posts indicating the decline of her wing of the republican party?
Her fight with Galt amusing ...
I find myself taking Galt's side!!(Yikes!!)

Carol is off the reservation.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1064950 Jan 18, 2014
<quoted text> "What DIFFERENCE does it make?" ... LOL
None at all. You're starting to catch on but still have a long way to go.
Lnc

United States

#1064951 Jan 18, 2014
<quoted text> Glad you liked it... so here it is again...
...ruling that "voting laws are designed to assure a free and fair election" and that Pennsylvania's "Voter ID Law does not further this goal," a state judge on Friday struck down that controversial statute.

"McGinley said the requirement that was the centerpiece of Pennsylvania's embattled 2012 voter identification law places an unreasonable burden on the fundamental right to vote.

"The decision paves the way for an expected appeal to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. Republicans approved the law over the protests of Democrats.

"During a 12-day trial this summer, plaintiffs said hundreds of thousands of voters lacked acceptable IDs and the inconvenience of getting a photo ID might discourage some from voting. State officials insisted there were ample opportunities for voters to get a valid ID if they had none.

"The court has barred enforcement of the law since [shortly before] the 2012 general election."

In his opinion, McGinley writes that the law presents a "substantial threat" to the rights of "hundreds of thousands" of potential voters.

LOL

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1064952 Jan 18, 2014
angel wrote:
<quoted text> Far more AlQueda combatants have been killed and far fewer American Soldiers killed under Obama's watch then Bush's including Bin Laden himself yet.....by your mingle mangled logic the continued exisatnce of the Taliban and AlQueada is a damnation of Obama.......what brilliant reasoning.
You are a Tebagging Idiot.
Besides hasnt it been you Repub buddies HOWLING about Obama killing Alqueada operatives with drones?
Hypocrites.
"angelless"
To start with you lie. I have never complained about the use of drones to kill muslim terrorists, i.e. the tallyban. bin laden is dead a good thing. He was one terrorist. The tallyban is stronger than ever and growing. Iraq is a disaster area, the various sects are killing and murdering at will, many women and children.
I have said this often, the US is not/should not be the worlds policemen.
You are a liberal loon.
Peace
KMA
Happy Valentines Day

Location hidden

#1064954 Jan 18, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
according to this, it hasn't been debunked at all. Looks like its a matter of opinion
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/08/14/good...
Nice job of cherry picking!!

Nonsense. Voter fraud is a fake issue nationwide. This has been demonstrated repeatedly.

Realtime was quite correct about MinnMajority. It is a Teabag group of unAmerican lies.

----------

Cases of voter-ID election fraud found 'virtually non-existent'

By Natasha Khan and Corbin Carson, News21 |

""A News21 analysis of 2,068 alleged election-fraud cases since 2000 shows that while fraud has occurred, the rate is infinitesimal, and in-person voter impersonation on Election Day, which prompted 37 state legislatures to enact or consider tough voter ID laws, is virtually non-existent.

In an exhaustive public records search, News21 reporters sent thousands of requests to elections officers in all 50 states, asking for every case of fraudulent activity, including registration fraud, absentee ballot fraud, vote buying, false election counts, campaign fraud, casting an ineligible vote, voting twice, voter impersonation fraud and intimidation.

Analysis of the resulting comprehensive News21 election fraud database turned up 10 cases of voter impersonation. With 146 million registered voters in the United States during that time, those 10 cases represent one out of about every 15 million prospective voters.

In Minnesota, there have been 10 total cases of reported fraud and no cases of voter impersonation reported since 2000.

“Voter fraud at the polls is an insignificant aspect of American elections,” said elections expert David Schultz, professor of public policy at Hamline University School of Business in St. Paul.

“There is absolutely no evidence that [voter impersonation fraud] has affected the outcome of any election in the United States, at least any recent election in the United States,” Schultz said.""

http://www.minnpost.com/politics-policy/2012/...
P N A

Satellite Beach, FL

#1064955 Jan 18, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
"What DIFFERENCE does it make?" LOL
Lnc

United States

#1064956 Jan 18, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
She is angrier than ever. I think it began with the IRS thing.
Funny how she blames a Bush apointee, Lois Lerner, for the bad behavior. She's so helpless.
But she gets caught in lies so often, she has zero credibility.
she appears to follow in DB's and FOX's method:
Tell outrageous lies by the score, it's hard to debunk them all.
Carol, with these faults, is way ahead of the racist trolls...

Tea party scared the people with real money in the GOP with the shutdown?
Emeemammy

Satellite Beach, FL

#1064957 Jan 18, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
None at all. You're starting to catch on but still have a long way to go.
What DEIFFERENCE does Emeem make?" LOL

Location hidden

#1064958 Jan 18, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
You said the report was debunked. Well?
Hillary's always been scum. Why are you ragging her now?
http://www.minnpost.com/politics-policy/2012/...

Have your health care assiatant read it to you.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1064959 Jan 18, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol likes to trash the deaths of 4 Americans by continuing to tell lies about some sort of cover up.
God forbid we actually investigate to know what the reason was ( we still don't know).
Perhaps Carol can tell us why it was impossible that the attack had something to do with that video - a video that did cause demonstrations & riots in other Muslim cities.
"real dumb"
muslim terrorists, your brethren do not need a reason to kill, that is what they do. The boy president nobama is the liar and anyone who believes a video, a video seen by all of 17 people, was the cause of Benghazi incident are simple trolls. The muslim terrorists do not need a reason to kill, it is their nature.
Peace
KMA
Happy Valentines Day
Lnc

United States

#1064960 Jan 18, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I find myself taking Galt's side!!(Yikes!!)
Carol is off the reservation.
took them five years to get off the birther bandwagon, where are his high school grades, the other guy looks like his dad....malarky?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1064961 Jan 18, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
She is angrier than ever. I think it began with the IRS thing.
Funny how she blames a Bush apointee, Lois Lerner, for the bad behavior. She's so helpless.
But she gets caught in lies so often, she has zero credibility.
she appears to follow in DB's and FOX's method:
Tell outrageous lies by the score, it's hard to debunk them all.
She's incensed at the thought of Mrs. Obama being on AF1. This is where the white supremacist thoughts come out.
To top off the delusional thinking; she declares that "we are paying for this"; she's not paying for anything. No one paid attention to anything that Laura Bush did or any other first lady.
A black woman in the white house that is not a maid? Drives them nuts.
Emeemammy

Satellite Beach, FL

#1064962 Jan 18, 2014
Actually, what DEIFFEREMEEMENCE does Emeem emeemake? LOL

Location hidden

#1064963 Jan 18, 2014
Federal judge sent hundreds of bigoted emails

""A former Montana judge who was investigated for forwarding a racist email involving President Barack Obama sent hundreds of other inappropriate messages from his federal email account, according to the findings of a judicial review panel released Friday.

Former U.S. District Judge Richard Cebull sent emails to personal and professional contacts that showed disdain for blacks, Indians, Hispanics, women, certain religious faiths, liberal political leaders, and some emails contained inappropriate jokes about sexual orientation, the Judicial Council of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals found.

Many of the emails also related to pending issues that could have come before Cebull's court, such as immigration, gun control, civil rights, health care and environmental issues, the council found in its March 15, 2013, order.""

Cebull himself and 10 others requested the misconduct investigation after The Great Falls Tribune reported Cebull forwarded an email in February 2012 that included a joke about bestiality and Obama's mother. Cebull apologized to Obama after the contents of the email were published.

He told the 9th Circuit panel that his "public shaming has been a life-altering experience" and that he was "acutely aware that each day in my court is the most important day in someone's life."

Cebull was nominated by former President George W. Bush and received his commission in 2001. He served as chief judge of the District of Montana from 2008 until 2013.""

----------

Appointed by GW Bush. Go figure.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1064964 Jan 18, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Passing the Budget is a death knell for the Teabaggers.
Their demands finally pissed off the mainstream Repugnants enough where the TP faction was ignored to pass this Budget.
Cruz was the most pissed off man in Washington, seeing his career going up in smoke!!
Obama won!! He broke the back of the Tea Party in Congress!!
Cruz and Rand Paul; two nutjobs.

Location hidden

#1064965 Jan 18, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol, with these faults, is way ahead of the racist trolls...
Tea party scared the people with real money in the GOP with the shutdown?
I disagree. She's just as much a racist as shinyelectron and Nobraina.

She has learned to tone it down. Every now and then she slips.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1064966 Jan 18, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
took them five years to get off the birther bandwagon, where are his high school grades, the other guy looks like his dad....malarky?
They're not off that bandwagon. Carol was looking at photoshopped naked photos of the Presidents late mother!! How sick is that?
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Satellite Beach, FL

#1064967 Jan 18, 2014
waxywaxturd wrote:
GOOD AFTERNOON TOPIX FAMILY!!!!!
As you all can see I have been up all night into the wee small hours maniacally judging your posts and chit-chatting back and forth to myself using many of my favorite sockpuppets!! A "labor of love" though tiring!! I had to change my depends three times last night but it was worth every diaper as it was challenging and exciting!! I and most of my sockpuppets will be on board all day today making idiotic and mentally deranged comments, the sole purpose being to harass and feebly attempt to insult the legitimate posters who use this forum.
ATTENTION!!!! I have brought forth another favorite sockpuppet creation from the bottomless pit of my sockpuppet closet,
''Emeem''!!! He will be posting today, taking the place of one of my other favorites, "Nuculur option" so please my dear friends, stick around today!!!!
And welcome them with some of that Topix love!!!
I will also be judging your posts all day. I plan to be here for the entire day and night with my sockpuppets so get ready for an all out judgit blowout shitshow!!!! Please JOIN in!! I will give you a head start if needed. I enjoy spending the day here giving out judgits to anyone who doesn't agree with me and I like to think I have full control of this thread!!! I consider it "mine"!!!!!!
And now it appears that it's time for another time out and some much needed quality time spent in my hydrotherapy bath, the tranquilizing "chair" and some gyroscope therapy treatment. I think I over did with the judgits and my sockpuppets all night long. I got overly excited and need to take a breather. These depends are pretty shot too!! Carry on the marathon judgit tourney without me till I return!
As usual I will share a couple of my secrets with my topix friends:
As I have revealed, if you want to get an edge in the judgit race, doubling up on the industrial strength depends are a must. And constipating foods are a big help!! I recommend cheese and lots of it!! Multiple IP addresses are a must as well!!!!
I will return shortly, relaxed, rejuvenated and refreshed!!!!
Warm hugs,''Not Surprized'',,,( the very chubby, chubby-chasing Obamabot from an undisclosed location too embarrassing to be posted.)
PS: PHONE NUMBERS PLEASE!!!!
Not Surprized!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 16 min General Lee 105,233
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 hr Alyssa76 11,163
What's the real story about Charlottsville? 11 hr DT made Un blink 10
Trump Just Sux 13 hr Izzy Mentlyel 124
last post wins! (Dec '10) 14 hr They cannot kill ... 3,203
last post wins! (Apr '13) 14 hr They cannot kill ... 2,604
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 hr WelbyMD 242,525

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages