Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1434008 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1064435 Jan 17, 2014
Annise Parker, Houston Mayor, Marries Kathy Hubbard In California Ceremony

""Houston Mayor Annise Parker tied the knot with longtime partner Kathy Hubbard in a Jan. 16 ceremony in Palm Springs, Calif.

ABC Eyewitness News 13 reports that the couple was married before an intimate group of friends and family, which included Parker's mother and Hubbard's sister, on the 23rd anniversary of their relationship. Officiating was Rev. Paul Fromberg of San Francisco's St. Gregory of Nyssa Episcopal Church, who is also a family friend, according to media reports.""

----------

The nation is changing. Freedom is in the wind!!

Too bad most of you nitwits have been left behind.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1064436 Jan 17, 2014
50 million on foodstamps

and Progressives want to spend:

$100K

on

"Project Title: Narratives and Metanarratives of the Silk Road
and...
Charles Peirce and the Role of Aesthetic Expression in 19th-Century U.S. Philosophy and Semiotics"

Univ Of Kansas, Lawrence

http://www.neh.gov/files/press-release/decemb...

Location hidden

#1064437 Jan 17, 2014
Christie administration lawyers up; subpoenas going out

""(CNN)-- Chris Christie's administration got outside legal help on Thursday as a special state legislative committee decided to issue 20 subpoenas to launch its formal investigation of a scandal over alleged political retribution by top aides to the New Jersey governor.
The subpoenas for 17 individuals and three organizations seek documents for now, said Democratic Assemblyman John Wisniewski, chairman of the panel.
He refused to identify any recipients, saying they should learn of their subpoenas through being served instead of the news media.
But CNN has obtained some of the names of those subpoenaed, including top current and former Christie administration officials.
Key players subpoenaed in bridge scandal
According to a source familiar with the subpoenas, among those served are: Kevin O'Dowd, Christie's chief of staff, David Samson, a close adviser, Bridget Anne Kelly, former deputy chief of staff, Bill Stepien, two-time Christie campaign manager, Charlie McKenna, Christie's chief counsel, Regina Egea, incoming chief of staff, Michael Drewniak, Christie's chief spokesman, Nicole Davidman Drewniak, Bill Baroni, top New Jersey official at Port Authority and Christie appointee, Patrick Foye, Port Authority executive director, Maria Comella, Colin Reed and Matt Mowers.
The committee is also looking at entities that had to do with the governor's re-election, the source said.""

----------

Nixon taught us:

It's not the crime, it's the cover-up!!

Christie is a beached whale!!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1064438 Jan 17, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
Robert Gates: Obama 'Absolutely Right' To Oppose Congressional Plan For New Iran Sanctions
""WASHINGTON -- Former Secretary of Defense Robert Gates defended President Barack Obama's policy on Iran Friday, arguing that additional sanctions now run the risk of ending negotiations with the Islamic Republic over its nuclear program.
"I think the president is absolutely right to oppose Congress in enacting any additional sanctions right now," he said, speaking to a group of reporters at a Christian Science Monitor breakfast in the St. Regis Hotel in downtown Washington. "As hard it is for everybody to deal with, we may actually be seeing success in the policy."
"They are at the table -- I think the sanctions policy pursued by these presidents has worked. I think to add sanctions right now really would run a very high risk of blowing it all up."
As with many of the criticisms Gates leveled in his memoir, Duty: Memoirs Of A Secretary At War, he tempered his comments by suggesting that an act by Congress could also be beneficial. "On the other hand, I don't see the harm -- in fact, do see benefit -- in some kind of message, whether it's legislation or a resolution, that basically tells the Iranians,'If these negotiations fail, then you are going to face a worse situation than you had at the beginning of the negotiations. We will not go back to a status quo ante.'"
"I think that would strengthen the administration's hand," he said of such a congressional action -- an argument that the administration rejects.
He concluded on a more supportive note for the administration, saying, "Giving the president and Secretary Kerry open-field running for the six months of this negotiation, I think, is very important."
Gates' comments on Iran were more definitively in favor of the administration's stance than those he gave to "PBS News Hour," where he said that while imposing new sanctions would be a mistake, it could strengthen the administration's position to threaten additional sanctions should negotiations break down. "I think that the idea of imposing new sanctions right now is a terrible mistake and would be a strategic error. On the other hand, I do disagree with the administration in this respect," he said. "I think any new sanctions need to be conditioned and triggered by the failure of the negotiations."" "
----------
Gates is really impressed with Obama!!
Bwhahahahahaha!!!!!!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1064440 Jan 17, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
He probably has a closet full of it
Did you win the Pie-Eating Contest at the National Vacuum Cleaner Show?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1064441 Jan 17, 2014
50 million on foodstams

and Progressives want to spend...

$50,400

at....

University of Maryland, College Park

for....

Project Title: Of Abbeys and Aldermen: Music in Ghent to 1559

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1064442 Jan 17, 2014
50 million on foodstams

$50,400

at....

Towson University

for....

'Project Title: Thieving Three-Fingered Jack: Circumatlantic Representations of a Jamaican Outlaw, 1780-2013'

http://www.neh.gov/files/press-release/decemb ...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1064443 Jan 17, 2014
50 million on foodstams

$50,400

at....

Amherst College

for....

'Project Title: Skepticism and Knowledge of the External World'

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1064444 Jan 17, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
What nonsense.
You try to trap people with the words they use, then you say you haven't had TV in 10 years, only to change it to:
"I have a TV".
It doesn't matter where your input is from, you flat out lied.
You have and watch TV. Likely you use an antenna, too for local stations.
But you did it without crude talk, so I guess we're still OK.
LOL
lol...try again nuc. Would you feel better if I said I have a tv "set". I don't own even rabbit ears. You are nitpicking now, nuc.
Rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel

Oswego, IL

#1064445 Jan 17, 2014
There is an abundance of bitter liberals on this site! You would think that since the economy is doing so great that they would be happy.....oh wait, we need to extend unemployment benefits. You would think that since obamaCare passed everyone would be signing up for healthcare especially the younger population and anyone that wants can keep their current plan......OOooops. So now its clear that the left likes to lie and be lied to. You would think that since bo "promised to bring to justice" to the murdered Americans in Benghazzi that he would be working on it. Oh, "al Qaeda is on the run" and it was a reaction to the outrage of a video....really. So by the following factual events (and there are to many to list) we can deduce that the left is supported by lies, promotes lies, agrees with lies which fundimentally equates anyone from the left as a liar.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1064446 Jan 17, 2014
$17 trillion in debt...

$50,400

at....

Amherst College

for....

'Project Title: A Cultural Study of Spanish Representations of the Mauthausen Concentration Camp (1940-2012)'

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1064447 Jan 17, 2014
$17 trillion in debt...50 million on food stamps...

$50,400

at....

Smith College

for....

'Project Title: Cuban Ballet, Cosmopolitan Dancers, and Nationalist Gestures: A Study in Ballet and Globalization'

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1064448 Jan 17, 2014
Understanding the WORD "a" makes a world of difference in comprehending what others are saying.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1064449 Jan 17, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
when your husband gets a dui and you're in the car, you should get one too.
<yes, that's how stupid your post sounded>
Wow, are you really that dumb? Yes; I guess you are.

Accomplice Felony Murder

Accomplice Felony Second Degree Murder occurs when you are an accomplice to a person who kills another human being while engaged in the commission, or attempted commission, of the following statutorily enumerated felonies, regardless of whether they intended the death

•Murder of another human being

http://www.richardhornsby.com/crimes/homicide...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1064450 Jan 17, 2014
Good afternoon my fellow Americans.

What's the latest, president still being presidential while NJ governor trying to avoid impeachment/imprisonment?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1064451 Jan 17, 2014
<quoted text>
Actually I use it all the time but if I can make my own so much the better. A box and a can of Rol*Tel makes a good dip.

Location hidden

#1064452 Jan 17, 2014
White Castle Slider Deemed 'Most Influential Burger Of All Time'

""Time magazine says White Castle's small, square "sliders" are "the most influential burger of all time."

The magazine notes the "now-iconic square patty" that debuted in 1921 in Wichita, Kan. was the first burger to spawn a fast-food empire. White Castle has been based in Columbus since 1934.

The Time story — http://ti.me/1eWFs19 — puts the White Castle burger at the top of the list of the 17 most influential burgers of all time, beating out burgers from McDonald's and In-N-Out.

White Castle vice president Jamie Richardson tells The Columbus Dispatch that "slider" has been a term of endearment for the delectable little burgers since the 1950s.""
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1064454 Jan 17, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
Annise Parker, Houston Mayor, Marries Kathy Hubbard In California Ceremony
""Houston Mayor Annise Parker tied the knot with longtime partner Kathy Hubbard in a Jan. 16 ceremony in Palm Springs, Calif.
ABC Eyewitness News 13 reports that the couple was married before an intimate group of friends and family, which included Parker's mother and Hubbard's sister, on the 23rd anniversary of their relationship. Officiating was Rev. Paul Fromberg of San Francisco's St. Gregory of Nyssa Episcopal Church, who is also a family friend, according to media reports.""
----------
The nation is changing. Freedom is in the wind!!
Too bad most of you nitwits have been left behind.
I hope they stay safe; those crazy Texans are capable of some pretty heinous crimes
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1064455 Jan 17, 2014
<quoted text>
Lily fantasizes on it being full of vodka
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1064456 Jan 17, 2014
Homer wrote:
Good afternoon my fellow Americans.
What's the latest, president still being presidential while NJ governor trying to avoid impeachment/imprisonment?
Flack posted the recipe for homemade Velveeta; he's sending it to Christie who needs comfort food right now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min JRB 225,548
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 38 min Go Blue Forever 103,658
News No suspect in custody following robbery at Dunk... 1 hr former democrat 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Earthling-1 61,525
last post wins! (Apr '13) 5 hr honeymylove 1,723
last post wins! (Dec '10) 5 hr honeymylove 2,571
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 hr TRD 71,067

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages