Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1345411 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1063916 Jan 16, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, they're too busy writing speeches where Obama is pretending to care that college tuition isn't affordable for everyone.
Maybe Obama should start his new war on income inequality by asking all professional athletes and Hollywood actors to fork over 75% of their incomes.

That would go over real well. Don't you think?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1063917 Jan 16, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
"Robert Redford is a racist."
-- Greg Gutfeld
I know that if I say something that's considered outrageous, a group will take it, create an email blast, and use me to raise money or to do whatever, to build their profile.

Greg Gutfeld

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/g/gr...

he's just another FOX News actor.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1063918 Jan 16, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
CORPUS CHRISTI — George P. Bush, a Republican candidate for land commissioner, said Wednesday he hoped Texas Republicans in leadership positions would take a stand against "ignorant statements" regarding Hispanics, even if they're made by fellow Republicans.
“If we're going to be successful and be considered credible in the Hispanic community, we’ve got to denounce some of the ignorant statements that are made about Hispanics and the contributions we make, whether it’s to the military, our nation’s economy or to the history of Texas,” Bush told The Texas Tribune during a campaign stop.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/16/geor...
Hah, LMAO__That's George Prescott Bush__one of Jeb and Columba's little brown ones.

He may be the smartest Bush yet as he hauled azz out of Florida and away from the Cubans for Texas to be nearer his own kind__Mexicans.

He's probably a great guy__but not in the league of Julian or Joachin Castro.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1063919 Jan 16, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
And you'd be wrong. The person responsible for those deaths would be the person who orchestrated the reduction of security for Stevens so Al Qaeda could more easily kill him, and whomever ordered her to do this.
the person responsible is the one who decided not to provide immediate military assistance, by any means necessary, after the initial attack...

Obama.....

Orlando, FL

#1063920 Jan 16, 2014
[QUOTE who="the authorities. "]<quoted text>
Buying, renting, or squatting?[/QUOTE]

Buying. But bathrooms no longer require squatting.
the authorities.

United States

#1063921 Jan 16, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
You can't give out reading assignments anymore. You gave up teaching to stuff envelopes. "

No stuffing envelopes - even though it's one way to make some extra money.

Raised a child, learned a new career and listened mostly to arrogant doctors and "wanna be's" dictate patient reports while being expected to type them with 99% accuracy.

Which I did.

What do you do? Or used to do?
Currently I'm a police officer in Chicago.
Lol
the authorities.

United States

#1063922 Jan 16, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
You can't give out reading assignments anymore. You gave up teaching to stuff envelopes. "

No stuffing envelopes - even though it's one way to make some extra money.

Raised a child, learned a new career and listened mostly to arrogant doctors and "wanna be's" dictate patient reports while being expected to type them with 99% accuracy.

Which I did.

What do you do? Or used to do?
I thought you loved doctors?
Just insurance companies now?
the authorities.

United States

#1063923 Jan 16, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>I know that if I say something that's considered outrageous, a group will take it, create an email blast, and use me to raise money or to do whatever, to build their profile.

Greg Gutfeld

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/g/gr...

he's just another FOX News actor.
He already owns carol.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1063924 Jan 16, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, they're too busy writing speeches where Obama is pretending to care that college tuition isn't affordable for everyone.
makes no sense for many so-called students to take on huge debt for worthless degrees from third-rate colleges when there are no jobs available....

...better to become a plumber's apprentice...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1063925 Jan 16, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
Well, anyway, a bit giddy and apprehensive at the same time today. Looking at some potential homes this afternoon. It's our last and final home so have to get it right even if we have to wait for it to come along.
But thank all of you for helping me keep my mind off of it today.
Quick piece of advice__let your husband do all the talking__really.
the authorities.

United States

#1063926 Jan 16, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe Obama should start his new war on income inequality by asking all professional athletes and Hollywood actors to fork over 75% of their incomes.

That would go over real well. Don't you think?
Why just them?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1063927 Jan 16, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Hah, LMAO__That's George Prescott Bush__one of Jeb and Columba's little brown ones.
He may be the smartest Bush yet as he hauled azz out of Florida and away from the Cubans for Texas to be nearer his own kind__Mexicans.
He's probably a great guy__but not in the league of Julian or Joachin Castro.
racist pig....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1063928 Jan 16, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You quoted the question not the answer.
"Ham: I am not aware of the internal discussions either at the embassy
or between the embassy and Main State as to why the SST was not extended
beyond the 3rd of August and that is not a topic Ambassador Stevens
and I discussed."
http://armedservices.house.gov/index.cfm/file... pp13-14
Denies having a convo at ending SST with Stevens
The testimony continues...
"Ms. Tsongas. And is it customary to make these requests through
the Ambassador and for the Ambassador to bless it and make this request
or the assent back to you in order for you to you have the authority
to move forward?
General Ham. Actually rna ,am it is a fairly formalized a very
formalized process that the Department of State formally requests in
this instance of the Department of Defense support in terms of the
Site Security Team. The State Department did that. That) as I think
most members know that Site Security Team was extended twice. The
last extension expired the 3rd of August and the State Department
decided to not request a further extension but it is a formalized
process that is department to department rather than the combatant
commander and ambassador."
The is the third time you have done this.
Stevens refused Ham's offer of additional help. period.

as for the rest....i'm aware. my post on the republicans addendum included it. but i still see no point as to why you're beating a dead horse other than for political reasons.

didn't we have an exchange about politicizing?
the authorities.

United States

#1063929 Jan 16, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
Buying, renting, or squatting?"

Buying. But bathrooms no longer require squatting.
You gonna blow that kind of cash when you swore you were gonna pay cash as your health care plan?
Have you forgotten that rich tea baggers like flack (lol) saved for their own health care as to pay cash for hospitalization
the authorities.

United States

#1063930 Jan 16, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>makes no sense for many so-called students to take on huge debt for worthless degrees from third-rate colleges when there are no jobs available....

...better to become a plumber's apprentice...
You admitted your plumber did your electrical work.
Probably fks you too.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1063931 Jan 16, 2014
He already owns carol.[/QUOTE]

he's more nutjob than BillO so at least it will be more entertaining.

Orlando, FL

#1063932 Jan 16, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Candy Crowley will also be part of the war crimes trial......
She turned out to be not only a stupid moderator but an embarrassment to herself.

She should be held to the fire for misleading America all on her own accord at the expense of possibly swaying one of the most important elections in our lifetime.

My jaw stayed on the floor for a good solid minute after she blew the lid off that debate. My heart went out to Romney who had to hide his shock after being unfairly and unexpectedly blindsided - not by Obama but the frikkin' Obama-lover moderator!

It was unprecedented and Crowley should never be allowed to work for any news organization again. She'd fit in very nicely at moveon.org .
the authorities.

United States

#1063933 Jan 16, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Quick piece of advice__let your husband do all the talking__really.
Carols only questions will be; do you like bill O'Reilly? And; are you a democrat?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1063934 Jan 16, 2014
love it......

The racist history of the minimum wage

Though minimum wage is often thought of as a triumph of the labor movement, it actually has a sordid history deeply entwined with racism. It was created, in part, to protect the white labor establishment from competition with black labor.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/16/the-racist-...
the authorities.

United States

#1063935 Jan 16, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>racist pig....
Ray Donovan are you gonna remind that pusscccee galt he is a racist?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min Into The Night 57,144
Review: B52 Van Lines (Apr '15) 11 min Seanno 35
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 53 min Dr Phil 207,281
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Pennie Lane 7,260
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 hr Red_Forman 587
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr Red_Forman 5,628
last post wins! (Dec '10) 2 hr Red_Forman 1,558
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages