Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1062855 Jan 15, 2014
Signs the Progressive 'you don't need to work' economy is on fire!

'Senate Democrats on Thursday offered a new plan to revive federal unemployment benefits until mid-November and pay the $18 billion price tag with new spending cuts, but hopes of a bipartisan deal dissolved into bickering by day's end."

http://news.yahoo.com/senate-negotiators-near...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1062856 Jan 15, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no i would doubt you do.. you are not really smart enough to realize what a fool you are making of yourself...
remember in all the old westerns where the old rummy was made to dance?...that is you.
Remember in all the old westerns where the town drunk was belittled?...that is you.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1062857 Jan 15, 2014
A comprehensive report by the Senate Intelligence Committee definitely declared that individuals tied to Al Qaeda groups were involved in the Benghazi attack, challenging recent claims that the terror network was not a factor.

The report was released Monday, nearly one year after then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, under congressional questioning over the nature of the attack, shouted at lawmakers:ďWhat difference, at this point, does it make?Ē

The administration initially claimed the attack sprung out of a protest, but has since given a more complicated assessment. Still, administration officials all along have downplayed Al Qaeda involvement, recently seizing on a New York Times report that supported those claims.

While the report does not implicate Al Qaeda ďcoreĒ-- the leadership believed to be in the Pakistan region -- it does blame some of the most influential Al Qaeda branches, including Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) and Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM).

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1062858 Jan 15, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't ask what you thought of Christie, you've implied you don't like him any more than Obama. The question is, why are you giving him a pass on this obvious conspiracy? It would seem to be in your best interest to discredit, or at least vet the leading Republican candidate that is the biggest threat to your teabagger boy. You're coming across are a one pony show, not the "Patriot" you beat your chest about.
I posted before that it would be impossible for Christie to be in the position he's in without knowing exactly what kind of shitbag political outfit he was part of, regardless of whether he had specific foreknowledge of this event.
Investigate the hell out of him. He's a goddam Democrat wearing a RINO costume and has proven he's a saboteur.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1062859 Jan 15, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>So I guess that means the others were younger than 45 yoa correct?
there has been a definite lack of young people signing up for ACA. it will not fund itself until they do.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1062860 Jan 15, 2014
Sabotaging Diplomacy With Iran

....By itself, the House legislation does nothing except remind us once again how absurd the current House leadership is, but simply by pressing ahead with the legislation House leaders are giving Iran a ready-made excuse to become more intransigent or to pull out of negotiations all together. As James Fallows notes in his post on the Senate push for new sanctions, the excuse offered by hawkish Senate Democrats that they want to put the U.S. in a stronger bargaining position isnít the least bit credible, and the same applies to what House Republicans are trying to do with their bill.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1062861 Jan 15, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation you are a racist hillbilly Pusscccee.
Anyone who disagrees with you has got to be a racist.

Grade school logic in action.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1062862 Jan 15, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember in all the old westerns where the town drunk was belittled?...that is you.
no it is you being belittled,and you puny little mind cannot defend yourself...

you area joke of a human...just a toy that real people laugh at.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1062863 Jan 15, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>actually, asking for facts to back up her allegations WAS looking for the truth...
do try to keep up, dear...have you looked into any of the Lumosity games for keeping alert in your last years?
When did you start looking for truth?

Let's find some.

Did Obama lie when he said he was born in Kenya? Or, did Obama lie when he said he was born in Hawaii?

Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the US in Benghazi?

How did CNN know what that lie would be before the Al Qaeda attack on the US in Benghazi began?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1062864 Jan 15, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>dance, rummy, dance..
any factual reason you would say so?
i know that it is because i show you to be the fool you are and in your puny little mind that means i must be who you were told the enemy is. you don't know why that is or what would make a liberal your enemy but you were told that,so it must be true, huh?
and since i make you feel stupid and insignificant, i must be your enemy, a liberal.
do you even realize how people make you dance like a fool? do you even know you are dancing for them?
I still maintain that you are a joke sent here to amuse non-Progressives here.

Half the time your mouth is in go but the car hasn't left the garage.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1062865 Jan 15, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Sabotaging Diplomacy With Iran
....By itself, the House legislation does nothing except remind us once again how absurd the current House leadership is, but simply by pressing ahead with the legislation House leaders are giving Iran a ready-made excuse to become more intransigent or to pull out of negotiations all together. As James Fallows notes in his post on the Senate push for new sanctions, the excuse offered by hawkish Senate Democrats that they want to put the U.S. in a stronger bargaining position isnít the least bit credible, and the same applies to what House Republicans are trying to do with their bill.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
LOL, you do know you are talking about Iran who has repeatedly lied about their enrichment projects?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1062867 Jan 15, 2014
A Bad Day For Kirk-Menendez-Schumer

....These are but one dayís events over a long campaign. AIPAC may decide that trying to destroy the negotiations now through the Kirk-Menendez poison bill isnít going to work, and will let quietly slip that itís not putting out a full-fledged lobbying effort for the bill. Iím sure the group is uncomfortable with the level of attention itís drawing. I believe that never in its history has AIPAC seen five major newspapers oppose one its favored pieces of legislation.

And donít forget, negotiations are inherently difficult, and might fail anyway. Iranís President Rouhani has his own hard-liners entrenched in the Iranian parliament, who take it as axiomatic that any negotiation with the Great Satan is bad for Iran (as it probably is bad for their political fortunes in Iran). But right now Senate support for the bill seems stalled in the high fifties, short of veto-proof, and well short of the 70 signatures which an AIPAC staffer once boasted could be rounded up within 24 hours. Tuesday was a good day.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/a-bad-...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1062868 Jan 15, 2014
Another delay for the Obamcare Unnafordable Care Joke.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1062869 Jan 15, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of Iran's frozen accounts were made available.
Bush never had these kinds of sanctions on Iran.
Bush put unilateral sanctions on Iran & Halliburton still worked there for several years.
Obama got a consensus of countries to agree on these sanctions to get Iran to the table. Something Bush never could do.
You forgot to mention Jeffry Immelt and GE, dupe. How about you educate us on how Jeffrey Imelt ignored the sanctions and provided material and support to Iran.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1062870 Jan 15, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, yes he is. he is so far radical right that he is definitely a rino.
What planet do you live on?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1062871 Jan 15, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>when did Hillary Clinton say that? please show me this quote?
making shit up is fun, huh? but try the facts they are more fun....
Here you go lying dolt!

"Hillary Clinton's Benghazi Meltdown: What Difference Does It Make ..."

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/01/32060-hillary...

Weasel on, man...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1062872 Jan 15, 2014
What's up rightwing dummies(redundant I know) and normal people?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1062873 Jan 15, 2014
National Stupidity

In international politics, pride goeth before a fall.

....over time, and especially since the United States became a great power, American nationalism has also incorporated a dangerously inflated view of its own "exceptional" qualities. In particular, Americans (and especially foreign policy elites), often believe it is America's right and responsibility to exercise "world leadership," not simply because the United States is a very powerful country, but because it has the best form of government, the most virtuous citizens, and is always acting for the greater good -- even when it is blowing things up in some distant land or toppling some supposedly unfriendly government.

The negative consequences of this strand of American nationalism should be apparent by now. Because they believe the United States always acts for good, American leaders routinely underestimate the degree to which U.S. power worries other countries and leads them to try to take various steps to rein in Washington. Because they are convinced the American system of government is the best one ever devised, they overestimate their ability to export that system to other countries. Because the United States is a uniquely successful multicultural experiment, they do not recognize that local identities and sectarian differences are much harder to overcome in other places. And because they think Americans are smarter, more unified, more heroic, and just plain better than others, they have trouble imagining that a bunch of Vietnamese, Iraqis, or Afghans could possibly defeat us -- even when we're fighting on their home turf and in conditions where they are highly motivated and can almost certainly outlast us.

My point here is not to rail against nationalism per se, which isn't going to disappear anytime soon. It is rather to warn against the unthinking, uncritical, "my-country-right-or-wron g" version of nationalism that sometimes infects an entire society. When that happens, legitimate pride in one's own national group can easily morph into something darker, cruder, and far more dangerous. And when it does, it tends to make a country do stupid things. In international politics, as in the lives of individuals,(national) pride goeth before a fall.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2014/01...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1062874 Jan 15, 2014
Fox News still have rightwingers whipped up into an Iranian frenzy?

Thank the lord Mitt's not the president.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1062875 Jan 15, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you punch in for your 20 hour shift, methhead.
Must been the same time as your shift laying on the couch and expecting handouts, Democrat...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 9 min _Zoey_ 7,870
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 12 min _Zoey_ 4,920
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min Mothra 49,332
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min Dale 182,104
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,911
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr L Morales 71,257
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr KiMare 51,291
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST