Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1406157 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1062274 Jan 14, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>actually, asking for facts to back up her allegations WAS looking for the truth...
do try to keep up, dear...have you looked into any of the Lumosity games for keeping alert in your last years?
Lois Lame is more into playing Abilify games..
P N A

Satellite Beach, FL

#1062275 Jan 14, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Eleven patrol cars, 22 stupid cops; investigating eggs? What a waste of taxpayer money; they just want to see Justin Biebers house. Idiots. Prison for eggs? What a goddamn joke this country is. Felony? For eggs?
If that's the case then half the fraternities would be in prison, and double that on Halloween.
Someone call that chief of police and tell him to gf himself.
Go in person so he can arrest you for public intoxication, among other things.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1062276 Jan 14, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>But the 61 inch 111lb Justin Bieber who couldn't heave an egg over forty feet is a worthwhile topic on this thread???
Morons.
You weren't talking about topics here but griping because the MSM did not think a State of State was important enough to carry live.
P N A

Satellite Beach, FL

#1062277 Jan 14, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! poor baby.
so confused...
so delusional....
so lost....
so swallowing the Obama snakeoil... Barack Hussein Obama: "Lie of the Year" ... LOL

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1062278 Jan 14, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
"Where I live you are allowed to pick your natural gas company which doesn't mean much because after you get done all the charges together it equals to be about the same."
If you had completed high school, you likely wouldn't write such poorly constructed sentences.
Not a comma to be found, just a string of words that don't make sense. Nice job!!
You also likely wouldn't confuse .29 with 1/3.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste, and yours is wasted!!
actually, that was "fully one third"...don't shortchange whatev on its stupidity....
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1062279 Jan 14, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you know who notified Target corp. that they had been hacked and were responsible for over 100 millions people getting their identity stolen? the Secret Service. they notified Target they were "hearing chatter" about a hack on threads they were monitoring.
it would have gone on a lot longer if the gov't wasn't keeping us safe.
You obviously didn't read the article.

Cliff Notes: Facebook and Google writes a letter about NSA privacy violations while engaging in similar ones.

Now try it again.
P N A

Satellite Beach, FL

#1062280 Jan 14, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, time for some light humor; new video of Mitt dancing:
Watch Mitt Romney dance around at a Mormon conference
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsinternet/57...
(at least he's not singing "who let the dogs out")
If you think that's funny, take a look at Obama wearing mom jeans and trying to throw a baseball. LOL It's almost as funny as watching lily try to walk a straight line with her vodka bottle in her hand. LOL

Since: May 11

New Oxford, PA

#1062281 Jan 14, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Bush didn't let the sanctions drop like O'bama did. Nor did O'bama pay attention when Turkey dropped sanctions. O'bama too stupid to realize that Iran is responsible for most of the terrorism in the world, Why didn't O'bama just write a check to Iran and get it over with? Same difference. The sanctions were so devastating to Iran that they had to quit funding acts of terrorism. O'bama needs the terrorism-he likes when moslems blow up Americans.
Some of Iran's frozen accounts were made available.

Bush never had these kinds of sanctions on Iran.

Bush put unilateral sanctions on Iran & Halliburton still worked there for several years.

Obama got a consensus of countries to agree on these sanctions to get Iran to the table. Something Bush never could do.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1062282 Jan 14, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Lois Lame is more into playing Abilify games..
I think you got the name of your antipsychotic drug confused with Vilify
P N A

Satellite Beach, FL

#1062283 Jan 14, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my effing word.
All your words are like that; it's how you were raised and how you are drunk... same set of your family's values.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1062284 Jan 14, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>actually, that was "fully one third"...don't shortchange whatev on its stupidity....
You were the one shouting "fully" as your defense when I stated it is not unusual for reports to round 30% to 1/3 to make it more understandable to the public.

I never used the word-silly let's-make-shit-up so you can have a moronic whine person.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1062285 Jan 14, 2014
P N A wrote:
<quoted text> Go in person so he can arrest you for public intoxication, among other things.
They are still investigating evidence if Bieber was the person who engaged in $20,000 worth of damages to the neighbor's house.

However, during the search of the Bieber house, a rapper who was staying there was arrested for felony cocaine possession.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1062286 Jan 14, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you know who notified Target corp. that they had been hacked and were responsible for over 100 millions people getting their identity stolen? the Secret Service. they notified Target they were "hearing chatter" about a hack on threads they were monitoring.
it would have gone on a lot longer if the gov't wasn't keeping us safe.
...you dumazz...

"..."I'm told that 8,000 people cross our borders illegally every day," Schieffer told the candidates and an estimated 51 million viewers."

http://ajrarchive.org/article.asp...

----------

If a group that hates the US gets one of these...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Atomic_D...

they can walk across the border and take it right to your house...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1062288 Jan 14, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously didn't read the article.
Cliff Notes: Facebook and Google writes a letter about NSA privacy violations while engaging in similar ones.
Now try it again.
i wasn't addressing your article. do you even know how to read?!?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1062289 Jan 14, 2014
can't find one that will stick, so....

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh on Tuesday said that he wished President Obama would cheat on First Lady Michelle Obama because it would make for a better scandal than the controversy surrounding New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) and the lane closures on the George Washington Bridge last year.

"Why can't we have Obama running around on Michelle or something?" he said on his radio show, as recorded by Mediaite. "Wouldn't that be a much better scandal than Christie and bridge lane closures, for crying out loud?"

The radio host clarified that it's just a day dream.

"Look, it's just wishful thinking," he said.

Limbaugh started fantasizing about the nonexistent scandal when discussing reports that French President Francois Hollande is having an affair.

"Why can’t we have scandals like that anymore?" he asked. "The socialists, in one sense of the word, know how to live."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/limbaug...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1062290 Jan 14, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm in a very expensive state for electricity, and I pay .09 cents per kwh.
Using the stupid math preferred by you, that 2% increase can easily be rounded up to a doubling of the price of electricity, right?? ROFLMAO
You just made Flake appear the fool most of us know he is.
Thanks.
Sometimes your stupidity is useful.
Really you pay point zero nine cents per kwh? and you say you are in an expensive state? Seems you are in the bottom of cheap states moron.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2011/10/27/141...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1062292 Jan 14, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
"Where I live you are allowed to pick your natural gas company which doesn't mean much because after you get done all the charges together it equals to be about the same."
If you had completed high school, you likely wouldn't write such poorly constructed sentences.
Not a comma to be found, just a string of words that don't make sense. Nice job!!
You also likely wouldn't confuse .29 with 1/3.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste, and yours is wasted!!
.

I think I will adapt cumming's habit of never capitalizing next as Faulkner's style offends your sensibilities I see. This isn't English Composition class-you moron. More like creative writing.

It is not unusual to round up 30% in a research report to 1/3 when reporting to the public.

Carry on idiot!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1062293 Jan 14, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You were the one shouting "fully" as your defense when I stated it is not unusual for reports to round 30% to 1/3 to make it more understandable to the public.
I never used the word-silly let's-make-shit-up so you can have a moronic whine person.
the article the numbers came from gave the quote "fully one third' when in fact it was .29 which no one would round up to .33 unless they were trying to fudge the data...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1062294 Jan 14, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You were the one shouting "fully" as your defense when I stated it is not unusual for reports to round 30% to 1/3 to make it more understandable to the public.
I never used the word-silly let's-make-shit-up so you can have a moronic whine person.
why is it you do not even know the facts about a discussion you were even a part of?!?

you can't really be that stupid, can you? seriously, is this a parody act you are putting on?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1062295 Jan 14, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i wasn't addressing your article. do you even know how to read?!?
So you were off topic and should have ignored your comment.

Consider it done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Apr '13) 5 min Retired SOF 1,269
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Dr Guru 219,764
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 46 min PEllen 103,167
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr mdbuilder 60,668
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 2,871
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr GEORGIA 6,573
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 70,844

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages