Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394945 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1061778 Jan 13, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea that you believe that fat racist, bigot, lying POS proves you certainly can't distinguish your ass fro a hole in the ground.
Your friends certainly can't distinguish your ass from a sex organ.

Rush is popular for good reason. Get used to it.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1061779 Jan 13, 2014
NuculurVodkaOption wrote:
<quoted text> If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. Period. Barack Hussein Obama: "Lie of the Year" ... LOL
Second place to "Waxman only posts as Waxman". That's the lie of the decade!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1061780 Jan 13, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Marketing? It really does depend on where one lives and what ones medical needs are.
Here the ACA exchanges offer different grades of coverage__but some may want to shell out more to opt completely,t choosing a private plan tailored to their personal needs/ailments etc..
As one for instance I've a friend who visits a dermatologist monthly for time consuming and very costly melanoma scans/inspections. There is no alternative__it's a must do. My friend doesn't need his medical care sent askew. Fortunately, beyond Medicare, he has a continuing plan through his former employer and a small military supplemental plan which he pays for.
again, if all your ailments are treated under the national health program, why would one need "better" insurance? what could possibly be better?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1061781 Jan 13, 2014
John Galt wrote:
In other words, you've got nothing. I was not talking about dispensary owners. I'm was talking about people users.

When was the last time Federal prosecutors filed charges against someone for solely using medical marijuana for medical purposes? That's your point isn't it? It's against Federal law? McWilliams in 1997? Nope. He was charged with "collaborating in growing marijuana plants". Despite his use of marijuana, he was not charged with that offense. Know why? Because it was legal in California.

Richard Flor, of Montana, was not just a user. He was a marijuana provider. Same goes for Dale Schafer and his wife, Mollie Fry. They were convicted of conspiring to produce and distribute marijuana. Vernon Rylee? Guilty of cultivating over a thousand marijuana plants. Jerry Duval, convicted for marijuana distribution.

I know of no case where Federal prosecutors have gone after someone for using marijuana in compliance with state law....even though that law violates Federal law. Federal prosecutors have focused on marijuana warehouse grow operators and those who are in the business of selling marijuana and. guess what, those who run a marijuana trafficking business will continue to be targeted under the new guidelines.

Since: May 11

New Oxford, PA

#1061782 Jan 13, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! It's the genius!
Was Ted Cruz filibustering Obamacare?
https://www.google.com/#q=Ted+Cruz+filibuster...
You filibuster a bill. What bill did your hero Cruz filibuster?

I keep asking &you keep avoiding it.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1061783 Jan 13, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's how you fellow libtard does with his 37,000+ posts!
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/minneapolis-m...
...and lily love the fart word
How dare you talk about your fellow libtards that way!
You and your's are such immature morons.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1061784 Jan 13, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Geico is private, owned by Obama buddy Warren Buffett...
...are you really that ignorant???...
I don't know who has Geico's advertising account but whoever they are, they are great.

BTW, it never ceases to amaze me how a good advertiser can transform a low-life scumbag company into a market darling. Mind-blowing.

I'm not saying that Geico is "a low-life scumbag company".

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1061785 Jan 13, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
These right wing morons are becoming more frantic in their attack as the successful implementation of Obamacare becomes more obvious every day.
yep it just keeps getting better:Hawaii health-insurance exchange created in response to Obamacare has spent $100 million it received from Washington to fund 6,615 applicants – some of whom are still not even insured yet.
That represents $15,117 per applicant.
The state exchange has another $100 million to implement the program before depleting its grant from U.S. taxpayers, at which point the program is supposed to be self-sustaining through fees on local insurance companies.
Hawaii officials no longer see that as a possibility and are considering making the non-profit Hawaii Health Connector into a state agency subsidized by state taxpayers.
The model Hawaii officials had planned on was a minimum of 100,000 residents signing up for the program, that figure based on the number of uninsured. The 6,615 number includes small businesses and individuals. Most of those applicants have still not completed the paperwork to buy insurance. The applicants represent less than 1 percent of Hawaii’s 1.4 million residents.
“It’s not a good outlook for us,” said Sanjeev Bhagowalia, the state’s IT director.“The business model will not survive.”
An estimated $53 million was spent on HawaiiHealthConnector.com , which, Bhagowalia said, still has a number of glitches. Bhagowalia also worried the website is not secure enough to keep “very sophisticated foes” from obtaining confidential information from the site.
Rep. Bert Kobayashi said he was stunned to learn the connector has spent more than $10,000 per person registered on the site.
“That does not sound like it is even possible,” said Kobayashi, a Democrat who represents Kalaha and Kaimuki on Oahu.
A Watchdog.org analysis shows the exchange has actually spent $292,825 on each person who successfully signed up for insurance.
Other legislators were disappointed to hear state Insurance Commissioner Gordon Ito admit the exchange would not lower health-insurance rates in Hawaii.

courtesy of the Maui Times.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1061786 Jan 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>again, if all your ailments are treated under the national health program, why would one need "better" insurance? what could possibly be better?
Good evening liar. Can you run by us again how you are a "conservative"?
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1061787 Jan 13, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You filibuster a bill. What bill did your hero Cruz filibuster?
I keep asking &you keep avoiding it.
Gee, I didn't realize you need everything spoon fed to you commie boy, but here you go!

It's called a spending bill.

Try Google:

https://www.google.com/#q=Ted+Cruz+filibuster...

Knock yourself out, mental midget.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1061788 Jan 13, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Like everything else in society health care also caters for the rich & famous. They might like a nurse beside their bed 24/7 so you have to pay for that, along with a private room in a private hospital. or would you expect the government to pay for that as well ?
For those people that want that then let them pay for it, that's how it works in other countries.
Health care. You loons don't even know what health is, how can you talk about care? Americans are the sickest, most medicated people in the world and you are begging for more care. WTH.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1061789 Jan 13, 2014
9 hours agao:

"Hillary Clinton’s ‘Hit List’ Included Kerry"

http://swampland.time.com/2014/01/13/hillary-...

Democrats love to be fascists!
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1061790 Jan 13, 2014
"Hillary Clinton's Enemies List"

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2014/01/...

I guess the old senile Democ-RAT hag can no longer remember names, so she needs it written down!
Lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1061791 Jan 13, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Like everything else in society health care also caters for the rich & famous. They might like a nurse beside their bed 24/7 so you have to pay for that, along with a private room in a private hospital. or would you expect the government to pay for that as well ?
For those people that want that then let them pay for it, that's how it works in other countries.
When I had my children in Canada. I paid an extra fee for a private room.$35.00 a day!!
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1061792 Jan 13, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You and your's are such immature morons.
You mean like vile lily herself (loves the fatty word and of course the old, GFY)?

Or maybe you mean Emeem? You know, the lib that steals peoples names and gets nasty like lily?

Of could it be dem (no explanation needed)?

Are those the people you mean, airhead?

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1061793 Jan 13, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>yep it just keeps getting better:Hawaii health-insurance exchange created in response to Obamacare has spent $100 million it received from Washington to fund 6,615 applicants – some of whom are still not even insured yet.
That represents $15,117 per applicant.
The state exchange has another $100 million to implement the program before depleting its grant from U.S. taxpayers, at which point the program is supposed to be self-sustaining through fees on local insurance companies.
Hawaii officials no longer see that as a possibility and are considering making the non-profit Hawaii Health Connector into a state agency subsidized by state taxpayers.
The model Hawaii officials had planned on was a minimum of 100,000 residents signing up for the program, that figure based on the number of uninsured. The 6,615 number includes small businesses and individuals. Most of those applicants have still not completed the paperwork to buy insurance. The applicants represent less than 1 percent of Hawaii’s 1.4 million residents.
“It’s not a good outlook for us,” said Sanjeev Bhagowalia, the state’s IT director.“The business model will not survive.”
An estimated $53 million was spent on HawaiiHealthConnector.com , which, Bhagowalia said, still has a number of glitches. Bhagowalia also worried the website is not secure enough to keep “very sophisticated foes” from obtaining confidential information from the site.
Rep. Bert Kobayashi said he was stunned to learn the connector has spent more than $10,000 per person registered on the site.
“That does not sound like it is even possible,” said Kobayashi, a Democrat who represents Kalaha and Kaimuki on Oahu.
A Watchdog.org analysis shows the exchange has actually spent $292,825 on each person who successfully signed up for insurance.
Other legislators were disappointed to hear state Insurance Commissioner Gordon Ito admit the exchange would not lower health-insurance rates in Hawaii.
courtesy of the Maui Times.
Afraid to tell the truth? That was a direct cut and paste from World Nut Daily.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/01/how-obamacare-is-f...
Lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1061794 Jan 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>again, if all your ailments are treated under the national health program, why would one need "better" insurance? what could possibly be better?
The wealthy can afford private care services that would likely be offered in these concierge type programs. There are doctors here who provide this here for a monthly fee.

St. Croix valley

#1061795 Jan 13, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening liar. Can you run by us again how you are a "conservative"?
yes. i follow conservative values.

St. Croix valley

#1061796 Jan 13, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text> Health care. You loons don't even know what health is, how can you talk about care? Americans are the sickest, most medicated people in the world and you are begging for more care. WTH.
so you are claiming our current health care system had failed miserably?

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1061797 Jan 13, 2014
JAN. 13, 2014

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court on Monday declined to hear an appeal from Arizona officials seeking to revive a state law that barred most abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy. The justices offered no reasons for turning down the appeal, as is their custom.

Supporting the lower courts "core message..... women have a constitutional right to end their pregnancies before the fetus is viable.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/14/us/supreme-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Dr Guru 216,670
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 20 min Sublime1 102,460
Observations 37 min A Noted Observer 133
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 40 min SweLL GirL 8,869
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr RACE 2,687
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr RACE 6,408
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr RACE 8,491
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages