Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1783991 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1062444 Jan 14, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
So when will people accept the obvious and begin calling for his resignation? How long do we have to wait and how bad do things have to get?
It has been pointed out repeatedly that America's decline does not so much stem from the rot taking place inside the Oval Office but from a society that placed it there in the first place.

A short perusal of Cable TV's 500+ channels will attest to this. Finding really worthwhile programming is far and in between. You'd be more likely to find a gold coin in a rock quarry than a diamond of intelligence in America's trailer park viewership.

Just as Hollywood appeals to the lowest common denominator for the highest ROI, so, too, does the Liberal Media present trash politics to an unthinking populace.

Pogo: "I have seen the enemy and it is us"
GOP R Idiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1062445 Jan 14, 2014
Emeem wrote:
The leading Republican candidate for president is in the midst of a major conspiracy and yet none of these conspiracy mongering right wing morons are willing to weigh in on it. They have ranted about imaginary conspiracies for years and yet this DOCUMENTED abuse of government power is virtually being ignored!
"Are you kidding me????????"
Time to talk about Justin Bieber!!!!!!!
dem

Chicago, IL

#1062446 Jan 14, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice
http://www.livescience.com/18132-intelligence...
As proven on topix daily, hourly.
dem

Chicago, IL

#1062447 Jan 14, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
racist pig....
Cowardly hillbilly pussccceee.

Lapeer, MI

#1062448 Jan 14, 2014
flack wrote:
China cloning on an 'industrial scale'
A deep sea mission of genuine exploration
Legacy of Britain's great flood
Can UK science navigate around the Valley of Death
Is graphene really a wonder-material?
You hear the squeals of the pigs long before reaching a set of long buildings set in rolling hills in southern China.
Feeding time produces a frenzy as the animals strain against the railings around their pens. But this is no ordinary farm.
Run by a fast-growing company called BGI, this facility has become the world's largest centre for the cloning of pigs.
The technology involved is not particularly novel - but what is new is the application of mass production.
The first shed contains 90 animals in two long rows. They look perfectly normal, as one would expect, but each of them is carrying cloned embryos. Many are clones themselves.
This place produces an astonishing 500 cloned pigs a year: China is exploiting science on an industrial scale.
To my surprise, we're taken to see how the work is done. A room next to the pens serves as a surgery and a sow is under anaesthetic, lying on her back on an operating table. An oxygen mask is fitted over her snout and she's breathing steadily. Blue plastic bags cover her trotters.
Two technicians have inserted a fibre-optic probe to locate the sow's uterus. A third retrieves a small test-tube from a fridge: these are the blastocysts, early stage embryos prepared in a lab. In a moment, they will be implanted.
The room is not air-conditioned; nor is it particularly clean. Flies buzz around the pig's head.
My first thought is that the operation is being conducted with an air of total routine. Even the presence of a foreign television crew seems to make little difference. The animal is comfortable but there's no sensitivity about how we might react, let alone what animal rights campaigners might make of it all.
I check the figures: the team can do two implantations a day. The success rate is about 70-80%.
Embryo implantation
Sows are implanted with early stage embryos known as blastocysts
Dusk is falling as we're shown into another shed where new-born piglets are lying close to their mothers to suckle. Heat lamps keep the room warm. Some of the animals are clones of clones. Most have been genetically modified.
The point of the work is to use pigs to test out new medicines. Because they are so similar genetically to humans, pigs can serve as useful "models". So modifying their genes to give them traits can aid that process.
One batch of particularly small pigs has had a growth gene removed - they stopped growing at the age of one. Others have had their DNA tinkered with to try to make them more susceptible to Alzheimer's.
Back at the company headquarters, a line of technicians is hunched over microscopes. This is a BGI innovation: replacing expensive machines with people. It's called "handmade cloning" and is designed to make everything quicker and easier.
The scientist in charge, Dr Yutao Du, explains the technique in a way that leaves me reeling.
"We can do cloning on a very large scale," she tells me, "30-50 people together doing cloning so that we can make a cloning factory here."
A cloning factory - an incredible notion borrowed straight from science fiction. But here in Shenzhen, in what was an old shoe factory, this rising power is creating a new industry.
Cloning of Pigs?

Obama's Birth Certificate is written in Chinese!

No wonder all the confusion!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1062449 Jan 14, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
stand down....
REP. ROBY (R-AL): At the May 8 hearing of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, Gregory Hicks, who was the Deputy Chief of Mission at the Embassy in Tripoli that you have referred to, on the day of Benghazi attacks, he was asked by a Member, and I quote, "You believed help was needed in Benghazi, and there was a SOF unit, Special Operations unit, ordered to stand down, correct?" And Mr. Hicks replied "yes" to this question. Do you agree that you and your team were ordered to, quote, "stand down"?
LTC. GIBSON: Madam Chairman, I was not ordered to stand down. I was ordered to remain in place. "Stand down" implies that we cease all operations, cease all activities. We continued to support the team that was in Tripoli. We continued to maintain visibility of the events as they unfolded.
REP. ROBY: And, in hindsight, which we have tried in asking a lot of these questions to make sure that we are looking at this situation based on what you knew at the time, and, of course, looking back on what we know now, should you and your team have gone to Benghazi?
LTC. GIBSON: Madam Chairman, if we would have went to Benghazi, it could have had catastrophic -- are you talking about the first plane or the second plane, Madam Chairman?
REP. ROBY: The second plane, when you were told not to go.
LTC. GIBSON: The Special Forces medic was instrumental in providing the support to the wounded that returned. We would not have been in Tripoli in order to provide that support if we would have got on the plane. The decision by my higher headquarters to not get on that plane was the correct decision, in hindsight.
http://armedservices.house.gov/index.cfm/file...
hearing on 6/26/13.
"remain in place" means sit on your ass and let the men die....

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1062450 Jan 14, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
stand down....
REP. ROBY (R-AL): At the May 8 hearing of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, Gregory Hicks, who was the Deputy Chief of Mission at the Embassy in Tripoli that you have referred to, on the day of Benghazi attacks, he was asked by a Member, and I quote, "You believed help was needed in Benghazi, and there was a SOF unit, Special Operations unit, ordered to stand down, correct?" And Mr. Hicks replied "yes" to this question. Do you agree that you and your team were ordered to, quote, "stand down"?
LTC. GIBSON: Madam Chairman, I was not ordered to stand down. I was ordered to remain in place. "Stand down" implies that we cease all operations, cease all activities. We continued to support the team that was in Tripoli. We continued to maintain visibility of the events as they unfolded.
REP. ROBY: And, in hindsight, which we have tried in asking a lot of these questions to make sure that we are looking at this situation based on what you knew at the time, and, of course, looking back on what we know now, should you and your team have gone to Benghazi?
LTC. GIBSON: Madam Chairman, if we would have went to Benghazi, it could have had catastrophic -- are you talking about the first plane or the second plane, Madam Chairman?
REP. ROBY: The second plane, when you were told not to go.
LTC. GIBSON: The Special Forces medic was instrumental in providing the support to the wounded that returned. We would not have been in Tripoli in order to provide that support if we would have got on the plane. The decision by my higher headquarters to not get on that plane was the correct decision, in hindsight.
http://armedservices.house.gov/index.cfm/file...
hearing on 6/26/13.
what also came out in that hearing was that the survivors were already on a plane heading OUT of Benghazi, that is why the SECOND RESCUE TEAM

was told to not board the plane going to Benghazi...

it amazes me that after all this time, people are still not clear on these facts...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1062451 Jan 14, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, there is more to the story. I saw the house....there is no way there is $20,000 in damage. The neighbors are as crazy as Bieber.
Justin Bieber's egg-throwing escapade Thursday night caused around $20,000 in damage, and the little punk hasn't even called his neighbor to apologize.

TMZ broke the story ... Justin was caught on video egging his neighbor's house, and when confronted the singer told the neighbor to f off and then hurled a few more unborn chicks.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... L.A. County Sheriff's deputies are fast-tracking the investigation and they told the neighbor he had to get them repair estimates by today. We know the neighbor is locked and loaded with paperwork.

We're told the entire front of his house must be re-plastered. To do the job -- which is especially expensive because it's Venetian plaster -- will cost around $15K. There's another $5,000 in damage to the entry, including various doors that must be re-stained.

We're told neither Justin nor his people have contacted the neighbor with an offer to pay ... they haven't even called to say J.B. is sorry.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... the case will be referred to the L.A. County D.A. who could then file vandalism charges against the singer.

Since the damages far exceed the magic $400 figure -- the case could be filed as a FELONY.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/01/13/justin-bieber-h...

Lapeer, MI

#1062452 Jan 14, 2014
John Galt wrote:
Iranian General dismisses Obama....
On Tuesday, Iranian news agency FARS reported the comments of Iranian Army Commander Major General Ataollah Salehi, who stated that the United States and Israel had no capacity to defeat Iran militarily.“Had the enemy been able to confront us militarily, it would have already taken action,” Salehi stated. He said that the talks proved that the West was unwilling to confront Iran:“Given their weakness in the military dimension, they have opted for the political arena and we will certainly succeed in this area too.”
FARS quoted remarks from Commander of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Qassem Soleimani from December, in which he stated that “The Americans and Obama are lying when they assert that all options are on the table against Iran.” At that time, Soleimani, called talk of American sanctions’ effectiveness “nothing more than a lie,” adding,“it is the US which has collapsed in political, economic and military arenas which are considered as the main elements of power.”
Soleimani pointed to America’s supposed failures in Iraq and Afghanistan as evidence of that collapse.“The US has also failed in the military aspect in any country against which it has waged a war, including Iraq and Afghanistan,” he said.
Increasingly, we are hearing people speak their minds about the Boy-In-Chief. Our generals did it and got fired. Soldiers have done it and have been disciplined. News Reporters do it and get their phones tapped, email tapped and spied on.

The Iranians snicker behind his back. Putin, too.

But many still put on the Happy Face as if nothing is wrong. Because their boss told them to.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-2...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1062453 Jan 14, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, there is more to the story. I saw the house....there is no way there is $20,000 in damage. The neighbors are as crazy as Bieber.
these homes are different than the moldy Florida condos that you NYC Bocajews infest....
dem

Chicago, IL

#1062454 Jan 14, 2014
Only one — ONE — of the 9,137 authors of peer-reviewed climate change articles rejected anthropogenic global warming. Geochemist James Powell did the research on publications from November 2012 and December 2013.(But if a year-long sample isn’t good enough for you, Powell previously examined 21 years of peer-reviewed literature and found that only 24 out of 13,950 articles — or two-tenths of a percent — came out and rejected human-caused climate change.)
The lone dissident, S. V. Avakyan, wrote in Herald of the Russian Academy of Sciences,“The contribution of the greenhouse effect of carbon-containing gases to global warming turns out to be insignificant.” But Coby Beck smacks this idea down in his “How to talk to a climate skeptic” series.

St. Croix valley

#1062455 Jan 14, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
how can you be so ignorant of things that wee clearly laid out over a year ago? do you have mental handicaps?
dem

Chicago, IL

#1062456 Jan 14, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit your whining over lazy government workers you piece of sh it idiot.

Lapeer, MI

#1062457 Jan 14, 2014
John Galt wrote:
Eleven L.A. County Sheriff's patrol cars descended on Justin Bieber's house a few minutes ago and they are executing a search warrant in connection with the egg-throwing incident ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.
Sources tell us ... deputies are looking for any evidence that links Bieber to the egg assault on his next door neighbor.
We're told this is a FELONY search warrant -- meaning Justin is under a microscope for a crime that could land him in prison.
Sources say cops will look for anything that is relevant to the egg incident, including other eggs in the house and possible video. Sheriff's deputies have looked at TMZ's video of the incident and want to see if someone inside Justin's house videotaped the incident as well.
By the way ... looking for other eggs may sound silly, but it isn't. There could be some sort of identifier that links what's in Justin's fridge to the broken eggs outside.
Here's the thing ... If in the course of the search cops find something illegal -- like drugs -- it's fair game.
We're told there's a battering ram at the scene.
Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/01/14/justin-bieber-c...
Justin may have made the age-old mistake of keeping all his eggs in one basket.

St. Croix valley

#1062458 Jan 14, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been pointed out repeatedly that America's decline does not so much stem from the rot taking place inside the Oval Office but from a society that placed it there in the first place.
A short perusal of Cable TV's 500+ channels will attest to this. Finding really worthwhile programming is far and in between. You'd be more likely to find a gold coin in a rock quarry than a diamond of intelligence in America's trailer park viewership.
Just as Hollywood appeals to the lowest common denominator for the highest ROI, so, too, does the Liberal Media present trash politics to an unthinking populace.
Pogo: "I have seen the enemy and it is us"
and then you quote a cartoon?

you have repeatedly shown yourself to be one of those lowest common denominators... in many ways, the US is far better than it ever has been. it is the uneducated that are holding us back from out true potential as a nation.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1062459 Jan 14, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
opinion is not fact. facts are fact. and the facts are not on your side. never have been, never will be.

Lapeer, MI

#1062460 Jan 14, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I never fully understood Galt's love affair with Iran. You are positively gushing. Interesting.
I never fully understood Homer's love affair with miscomprehension. You are positively gushing. Interesting.
dem

Chicago, IL

#1062461 Jan 14, 2014
Objection: Correlation is not proof of causation. There is no proof that CO2 is the cause of current warming.

Answer: There is no “proof” in science — that is a property of mathematics. In science, what matters is the balance of evidence, and theories that can explain that evidence. Where possible, scientists make predictions and design experiments to confirm, modify, or contradict their theories, and must modify these theories as new information comes in.

In the case of anthropogenic global warming, there is a theory (first conceived over 100 years ago) based on well-established laws of physics. It is consistent with mountains of observation and data, both contemporary and historical. It is supported by sophisticated, refined global climate models that can successfully reproduce the climate’s behavior over the last century.

Given the lack of any extra planet Earths and a few really large time machines, it is simply impossible to do any better than this.

Aside: It is usually interesting to ask just what observations or evidence your skeptic would consider “proof” that global warming is caused by rising CO2 levels. Don’t be surprised if you get no answer!
dem

Chicago, IL

#1062462 Jan 14, 2014
Funny how the Russians turned out to be tea baggers huh?
Who knew they had the same beliefs as their terrorist brethren the white rural hillbilly racist homophobes of the Republican Party.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1062463 Jan 14, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Still batting 100 I see. You've never been right on anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Slowik: Blue Island mayor faces intense critici... 17 min Bodine 120
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Zxq_qxZ 243,604
More cost-effective than a wall... 1 hr MPMMB 5
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr MPMMB 2,670
Change one letter in the word (Mar '12) 2 hr MPMMB 171
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr MPMMB 12,420
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr MPMMB 3,927

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages