Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1548968 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1062064 Jan 14, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a friend who buys all her clothes in thrift stores and yard sales; but I just can't bring myself to wear someone elses clothes; mostly they are the clothing that belonged to someone who died. There's a particular smell to them; don't you find?
Some thrift stores have clothes with that "used" smell but most don't from my experience. I always wash my "new" used clothes before wearing them anyway but many times they look brand new and some still have the tags on them.

Guess it depends on the thrift store, but I just happened to find a gold mine. Still shop at Goodwill too and found half my summer wardrobe there - brand names, looked brand new and, again, some with the store tags still on them - for the same amount I would've spent on just one shirt at a retail store.

My motto is "It's new to me." And I feel very smart wearing top brand name clothes with a lot of money still in my pocketbook.

But my husband used to think like you do though until I bought him three brand name shirts that he absolutely loves.- after washing them first, of course. I made believers out of both my daughter and my husband.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1062065 Jan 14, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
In an editorial published Monday, The Newark Star-Ledger rejected arguments made by Republicans that the George Washington Bridge lane closings scandal has been over-covered compared to the attack in 2012 on a U.S. diplomatic mission and a C.I.A. compound in Benghazi, Libya.
The newspaper offered three reasons why "the unrelated Bridgegate and Benghazi stories aren’t getting equal time – and shouldn’t." For one, the editorial argued, in the case of the Benghazi attack, as in the case of the IRS political screening scandal, "the facts dampened the early cries of conspiracy and cover-up."
The editorial also argued that documents released last week showing aides to Gov. Chris Christie (R) covering the tracks of their involvement with the lane closures have raised a lot of unanswered questions.
Finally, the editorial argued that the Obama stories aren't being covered now simply because of the way time works.
"To expect coverage of old stories to increase because of an uncomfortable new story is silly," the editorial said.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/bridge-...
this soundbyte being parroted now amazes me....Benghazi didn't get as much media attention?!?!? are you freakin' kidding me? it was on the news 24/7 for three months!

amazing how these parrots can delude themselves. some of the people parroting this tripe were the same ones talking about Benghazi non-stop on Topix for months on end...most of them still are!

amazing how idiotic the parrots can be...
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1062066 Jan 14, 2014
<quoted text>
Goes along with the UFO thingy
Your belief in "Obamacare". Agreed.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1062067 Jan 14, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>In that secret place where chain emails come from?
Will someone please teach flack that he doesn't have to copy and paste the whole 400 word article? Just the headline and a pertinent paragraph and link will suffice?

What about that old fool who killed the man at the movies for texting?

Two families destroyed; one dead and the other will die in prison. For what?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1062068 Jan 14, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
KCP&L cited three possible reasons for the increase.
1. The homes in Spring Hill rely on electricity only and don't use gas for heating.
2. This was the coldest December since 2006.
3. A 6 percent rate increase went into effect last year.
Read more: http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_news/kcpl-...
Except everyone I talked to use AEP. Try again.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1062069 Jan 14, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Older buyers are more likely to get a subsidy than younger buyers & this is why older buyers are taking advantage more than younger ones.
Say a couple is 60 making $60K. They would likely get a subsidy. A couple in their 30's making $60 would not. The higher costs of the policies for the 60 couple would surpass the maximum percentage where the lower cost for the younger couple would not.
Brendan Buck is a liar. There are plans available that offer wide PPO coverage even nationwide.
As for the risk pools: "The law appropriates $5 billion of federal funds to support the new temporary high risk pool program. It will be available beginning on July 1, the start of many state fiscal years, until the program ends on January 1, 2014. The program is funded entirely by the federal government."
"real dumb"
As usual you are dodging and dancing. The real question is why is the government forcing some folks to purchase a product they do not want? Another question why should anyone get a subsidy? Another question why should your couple who are 60 years old be forced to buy insurance that covers maternity care, child care, birth control and abortion/murder services?
Peace
KMA
Happy New Year
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1062070 Jan 14, 2014
Rats leave sinking ship....

Senator Kay Hagan won’t be in attendance when President Obama visits Raleigh, N.C., on Wednesday, potentially signaling that the red-state Democrat is trying to distance herself from the president as she faces a tough reelection bid last this year. The most recent polls from December 2013 show Hagan in closes races with potential Republican challengers, even trailing some candidates.

While most representatives make a point to be present when the president of their party comes in to town, a Hagan spokesperson said the first-term senator will stay in Washington because the Senate is in session.

President Obama will speak at North Carolina State University on Wednesday to push his economic agenda, according to local reports.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1062071 Jan 14, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why would anyone do that, because of your fact-free delusions?
in fact, most of what you say happened far worse under the previous president..far worse...were you calling for his resignation?
Did you say you were a conservative? Could you run that by us again, liar?

We all would like to read that again and have a good laugh!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1062072 Jan 14, 2014
Iranian General dismisses Obama....

On Tuesday, Iranian news agency FARS reported the comments of Iranian Army Commander Major General Ataollah Salehi, who stated that the United States and Israel had no capacity to defeat Iran militarily.“Had the enemy been able to confront us militarily, it would have already taken action,” Salehi stated. He said that the talks proved that the West was unwilling to confront Iran:“Given their weakness in the military dimension, they have opted for the political arena and we will certainly succeed in this area too.”

FARS quoted remarks from Commander of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Qassem Soleimani from December, in which he stated that “The Americans and Obama are lying when they assert that all options are on the table against Iran.” At that time, Soleimani, called talk of American sanctions’ effectiveness “nothing more than a lie,” adding,“it is the US which has collapsed in political, economic and military arenas which are considered as the main elements of power.”

Soleimani pointed to America’s supposed failures in Iraq and Afghanistan as evidence of that collapse.“The US has also failed in the military aspect in any country against which it has waged a war, including Iraq and Afghanistan,” he said.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1062073 Jan 14, 2014
Iranian president Hassan Rouhani is taking to Twitter to gloat about the nuclear deal his country struck with the U.S. and other Western countries.

"Our relationship w/ the world is based on Iranian nation's interests. In #Geneva agreement world powers surrendered to Iranian nation's will," Rouhani tweeted about an hour ago.

In a recent interview, Iran's chief negotiator for the nuclear deal also claimed victory.

“No facility will be closed; enrichment will continue, and qualitative and nuclear research will be expanded,” the chief nuclear negotiator said.“All research into a new generation of centrifuges will continue.”
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1062074 Jan 14, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The black flag of al-Qaida has been raised in an Iraqi city where 1,300 U.S. troops died...in Fallujah...as well as Anbar.
God help me, Realtime, but I'm beginning to think it's my mission to keep you in the loop.
The Saudis are not merely concerned about Iran’s nuclear ambitions. They have a more profound fear that geopolitical trends in the Middle East are aligning against them, threatening both their regional stature and their domestic security.
Prince Alwaleed bin Talal said,“America is shooting itself in the foot.” Alwaleed told the Wall Street Journal’s editorial board,“It’s just complete chaos. Confusion. No policy.”
Saudi Arabia’s ambassador in London, Prince Mohammed bin Nawwaf bin Abdulaziz, called the negotiations with Iran “appeasement,” and indirectly threatened that Saudi Arabia would obtain its own nuclear weapons if necessary.
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/newsdes...
The Saudis have nowhere else to turn for the security provided by their ties to the U.S.: the Europeans are too weak militarily, Russia is in decline, and China has neither the capability nor the inclination to project power into the Persian Gulf.
So more trouble is on the horizon just because of an inept Chicago politician is pretending he has a clue what to do on the world stage.
Fallujah is a city in Anbar province babe and indeed the black flag was raised over a police station after an al Qaeda linked group took it over. To date the Iraqi army hasn't chased the AQ group out of Fallujah but it will. Whatever__Iraq is not not lost to al Qaeda nor will it be.

The larger problem is sectarian violence which many predicted and warned BushCo about prior to the invasion and then there sits Iran just across the border, a nation of Shiites that will back Iraq's majority Shiites against Sunni terror groups including those linked to al Qaeda.

Iran has already sent warnings to al Qaeda groups in Syria.

The Iraq debacle is on George W Bush___period.

Iran is warning
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1062076 Jan 14, 2014
Obama surrendered!

"IRANIAN PRESIDENT HASSAN ROUHANI boasts that the newly struck nuclear deal shows that world powers 'surrendered to Iranian nation's will..."
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1062077 Jan 14, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some thrift stores have clothes with that "used" smell but most don't from my experience. I always wash my "new" used clothes before wearing them anyway but many times they look brand new and some still have the tags on them.
Guess it depends on the thrift store, but I just happened to find a gold mine. Still shop at Goodwill too and found half my summer wardrobe there - brand names, looked brand new and, again, some with the store tags still on them - for the same amount I would've spent on just one shirt at a retail store.
My motto is "It's new to me." And I feel very smart wearing top brand name clothes with a lot of money still in my pocketbook.
But my husband used to think like you do though until I bought him three brand name shirts that he absolutely loves.- after washing them first, of course. I made believers out of both my daughter and my husband.
That's great that you have the time and patience to pick through things. Lots of people do the same. I did buy a rowing machine for $20 and it would have cost probably $150 new; nothing like a bargain! I buy used books; even order them on Amazon or Wonderbook. Picked up a super wall mirror at a yard sale once for $15.00, everyone loves it, it's huge and probably was originally at least $500. you never know what you'll find!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1062078 Jan 14, 2014
Eleven L.A. County Sheriff's patrol cars descended on Justin Bieber's house a few minutes ago and they are executing a search warrant in connection with the egg-throwing incident ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

Sources tell us ... deputies are looking for any evidence that links Bieber to the egg assault on his next door neighbor.

We're told this is a FELONY search warrant -- meaning Justin is under a microscope for a crime that could land him in prison.

Sources say cops will look for anything that is relevant to the egg incident, including other eggs in the house and possible video. Sheriff's deputies have looked at TMZ's video of the incident and want to see if someone inside Justin's house videotaped the incident as well.

By the way ... looking for other eggs may sound silly, but it isn't. There could be some sort of identifier that links what's in Justin's fridge to the broken eggs outside.

Here's the thing ... If in the course of the search cops find something illegal -- like drugs -- it's fair game.

We're told there's a battering ram at the scene.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/01/14/justin-bieber-c...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1062079 Jan 14, 2014
Jeebuss wrote:
Yep.
People don't care. They just wanted a black president. Period.
You're right, they have no one to blame but themselves when taxes skyrocket and the military becomes downsized, leaving us vulnerable to attacks.
They are actually happy that they have put this country in danger.
Yep.
TSM

United States

#1062080 Jan 14, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you clearly did not read my post. or understand it. i would bet heavily, from reading your past comments, on the latter...
My apology, my error!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1062081 Jan 14, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
In an editorial published Monday, The Newark Star-Ledger rejected arguments made by Republicans that the George Washington Bridge lane closings scandal has been over-covered compared to the attack in 2012 on a U.S. diplomatic mission and a C.I.A. compound in Benghazi, Libya.
The newspaper offered three reasons why "the unrelated Bridgegate and Benghazi stories aren’t getting equal time – and shouldn’t." For one, the editorial argued, in the case of the Benghazi attack, as in the case of the IRS political screening scandal, "the facts dampened the early cries of conspiracy and cover-up."
The editorial also argued that documents released last week showing aides to Gov. Chris Christie (R) covering the tracks of their involvement with the lane closures have raised a lot of unanswered questions.
Finally, the editorial argued that the Obama stories aren't being covered now simply because of the way time works.
"To expect coverage of old stories to increase because of an uncomfortable new story is silly," the editorial said.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/bridge-...
"Newark Star-Ledger"???...

...are you joking???...

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#1062082 Jan 14, 2014
Lnc wrote:
Pope Francis has issued his strongest condemnation yet of abortion, calling it a "horrific" symptom of a "throwaway culture" that placed too little value on human life.
He said it was was "frightful" to think about early pregnancy terminations.
Since his election in March, the pope has not spoken out against abortion as sternly as his predecessors.
He made the comments is his yearly "State of the World" address to diplomats accredited to the Vatican.
"It is horrific even to think that there are children, victims of abortion, who will never see the light of day," he said in part of the speech that addressed the rights of children around the world.
"Unfortunately, what is thrown away is not only food and dispensable objects, but often human beings themselves, who are discarded as unnecessary."
The BBC's Alan Johnston in Rome says that there has been concern in some quarters of Roman Catholicism that the pope has not been putting the church's view on abortion forcefully enough.
Our correspondent says that the Pope's stance favouring mercy over condemnation has made more conservative Roman Catholics uneasy, but they will welcome his latest remarks.
Some months ago Pope Francis acknowledged that he had said little on issues like abortion and contraception.
But he explained that he felt it was not necessary to talk about these controversial questions "all the time".
Perhaps he should direct his speeches to men. Without them sticking their penises into any women that will have them, there wouldn't be so many "throw away" babies.

As usual, this pope is as much of a misogynist as the rest of the vatican.
When they stop raping little boys and girls and clean up their own backyards,
people will be more willing to listen to them as they pass judgement on others.

We've heard this same-old song for decades. Catholic kids can recite anti-gay, anti-abortion ideology with great precision but none of them know anything about the bible because the last thing the RCC wants catholics to do is read the bible and live by it's message.

Mind your own business, stop judging others and do your job. Run the church.
We can take care of our own vaginas, thank you very much, papa.

Someone should tell the pope that 40,000 children starve to death every day around the world. Perhaps a speech on BIRTH CONTROL is in order and not the one where the pope tells people to stop using it. Talk about moronic leadership.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1062083 Jan 14, 2014
Miss me yet?

Sources: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis, U.S. Treasury Department, U.S. Department of Agriculture, U.S. Social Security Administration

JOBS - At the end of President Bush’s first term, total non-farm employment in the U.S. consisted of 104,000 fewer jobs than when he took office in January 2001. At the end of President Obama’s first term, total non-farm employment in the U.S. consisted of 970,000 fewer jobs than when he took office in January 2009.

UNEMPLOYMENT - At the end of George W. Bush’s first term the U-6 unemployment rate was 9.3 percent, up from 7.3 percent in January 2001. At the end of President Obama’s first term, the real unemployment rate, meaning the number of unemployed or underemployed Americans, was 14.4 percent or 23 million people, up from 14.2 percent in January 2009.

DURATION - During President Bush’s first term, the average duration of unemployment was 17 weeks. During President Obama’s first term, the average duration of unemployment was 34 weeks.

PARTICIPATION - At the end of President Obama’s first term the labor force participation rate was 65.8 percent, down from 67.2 percent. At the end of President Obama’s first term, the labor force participation rate was 63.7 percent, down from 65.7 when he took office.

FOOD STAMPS - In January 2005 roughly 25 million people participated in SNAP. About 17 million participated in the program in 2001. Under Obama, individuals on food stamps grew from 32 million to 47 million.

DISABILITY - In 2004, the last full year of Bush’s first term, roughly 7.2 million people received disability benefits. The number of individuals receiving U.S. Social Security disability insurance payments in 2012 was 9 million.

GDP - The total increase in U.S. GDP during the first four years of President Bush was 9.4 percent. The total increase in U.S. GDP during the first four years of President Obama was 5.9 percent.

DEBT - At the end of President Bush’s first term the U.S. national debt was 64 percent of gross national product. The U.S. national debt was $7.6 trillion or roughly $26,000 per person. At the end of President Obama’s first term in office the U.S. national debt was more than 100 percent of gross domestic product. The U.S. national debt was more than $16.4 trillion, more than $52,000 per person.

Make sure you're following Clark Barrow on Twitter @ClarkBarrow
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1062084 Jan 14, 2014
<quoted text>
Will someone please teach flack that he doesn't have to copy and paste the whole 400 word article? Just the headline and a pertinent paragraph and link will suffice?
What about that old fool who killed the man at the movies for texting?
Two families destroyed; one dead and the other will die in prison. For what?
Galt completely disagrees...

following links from leftwing scumbags like you is dangerous....

ObamaKKKare will destroy the DemoKKKrat party...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ex chicago police woman (Jul '16) 21 min Fat Tony 24
Dissolving Illinois 45 min Earl 11
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 51 min They cannot kill ... 10,850
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Ms Sassy 63,859
Illinois is in critical financial crisis. 1 hr Genl Forrest 15
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Coffee Party 241,637
Obama came from hyde park 1.46 billion in debt 4 hr Online Reality Bu... 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages