Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1262076 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1060967 Jan 12, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
All throughout the 1980's and early 1990's, the Iraqi regime of Saddam Hussein had a covert worldwide arms procurement network that was used to buy technology and material for the regime's program to develop chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons.
Both the U.S. and Britain allegedly turned a blind eye to the network's activities.
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Iraq%27s...
You can criticize the latter but can't deny Saddam's "worldwide arms procurement network".
Get a life babe__and learn about the capabilities of US military and spy satellites. There were no secrets__only lies.

Saddam's military was buying junk from whoever they could and then storing it in haphazardly constructed bunkers around the county while at the same time hoping they would never be called on to use it. The only reliable WMD's Saddam had were the ready to use artillery rounds that Reagan gave him. That's right "gave" not sold and Saddam used much of that gift to wipe out a few thousand Kurds.

What our invading forces found was outdated and improperly stored chem/bio weapons and about 550 metric tons of very low grade yellowcake that took nearly a year and a half to repackage just to move. Oh, and three Scuds one of which might have made it Jordan.

You're nuts and this subject is so far beyond you that it's no longer a source of humor.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1060968 Jan 12, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>you're making yourself look stupid here.
LOL!

Finally chiming in on a subject you're oh so familiar with...and confirming that fact by giving it to someone infinitely smarter than you are.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1060969 Jan 12, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Government reflects the views of the people.
Your problem is that the views of the majority of people are increasingly different from the views of old farts like you.
It will get worse until you die. At that point, you won't recognize anything going on around you.
Deal with it.
Yep, and as a former Colorado State Treasure claimed, we are running out of people to tax. Guess what happens when the majority of the responsible tax paying old farts die off. That's right, chaos, because all those "majority" freeloaders are still going to be expecting those government handouts.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1060971 Jan 12, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It was PBS.
PBS is controlled by democrats. A biased source is worth less than pig feces.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1060976 Jan 12, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't get the memo about anyone being in charge of what could be discuss here.
Really? You, yourself, have sent it out on more than one occasion.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1060977 Jan 12, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. How did I miss that one? So much for state's rights indeed!!!
You didn't know selling marijuana is still against federal law?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1060978 Jan 12, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Trader Joe, which sells specialty foods products at above-average prices in small, limited inventory stores, is not in remotely the same market as Costco or Walmart.
Costco pays checkout personnel $10-12 per hour.....
I think it's more than that; plus health insurance. Trader Joes has finally come to Florida; the first store was a hit, we have two more opening soon, one on the Boca Delray line and the other in the southern border of Deerfield.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1060979 Jan 12, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Two of the hostages live/d in my area__one became a pretty good friend, the other one went squirrely.
The hostage taking was step one in the Islamic Revolution, which can be googled.
O/T__#3 is back in the Sprint series and is fast as hell and it's driver went to college. Hah!
Richard Childress nephew. Old news. What does that have to do with anything Mr. Peabody?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1060980 Jan 12, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Not familiar with any statement by Cruz, but the President of the United States cannot choose to ignore federal law, and marijuana is illegal in the US, even for so-called medical usage.
So, either change the law or enforce the law.....
Same with ObamaKKKare, which cannot be arbitrarily modified by Imperial decree....
It is always a slippery slope when the Federal government steps in to challenge laws that have followed voters' approval of ballot measures. Nineteen states and the District of Columbia allow some legal use of marijuana.

"The attorney general told the Washington and Colorado governors that the Justice Department will work with the states to craft regulations that fall in line with the federal priorities, and reserves the right to try to block the laws if federal authorities find repeated violations" under the new established guidelines.

"Under the new guidelines, federal prosecutors are required to focus on eight enforcement priorities, including preventing marijuana distribution to minors, preventing drugged driving, stopping drug trafficking by gangs and cartels and forbidding the cultivation of marijuana on public lands."

Cruz, in typical Republican fashion, is pissing backwards. He has absolutely no clue as to how to implement a balanced approach by the federal government that respects the states' interests in implementing laws passed by their voters. None. What a loser.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/29/politics/holder...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1060981 Jan 12, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You've slipped over the edge with Carol fkface__take a break, find a game thread, get a girlfriend, choose a hobby__you're making yourself look stupid here.
It's a beautiful day here in Boca Raton, in the 80's, nice breeze, lots of boats out, great day at the beach. What are all these people still doing on here whining all day?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1060982 Jan 12, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> The next paragraph.
Desert One
Desert One helicopter
Corbis
Desert One helicopter
Finally, with the Iranians showing no signs of releasing the hostages, Carter decided to take a risk. On April 11, 1980 he approved a high-risk rescue operation, called "Desert One," that had been in the works for months. Though the odds were against its success, the president was devastated when he had to abort the mission due to three malfunctioning helicopters. When another helicopter crashed into a C-130 transport plane while taking off, eight servicemen were killed and three more were injured. The next morning, gleeful Iranians broadcast footage of the smoking remains of the rescue attempt, a stark symbol of American impotence.
"flack"
As informed as "uselesssinceforever " claims to be do you believe the additional details you offered were left out on purpose?
Peace
Happy New Year
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1060983 Jan 12, 2014
tells us why a democrat is in the WH.....

Republican strategist Karl Rove asserted on Sunday that New Jersey’s Gov. Chris Christie’s (R) handling of the George Washington Bridge Scandal showed he had the right qualities to be president of the United States.

During a panel segment on Fox News Sunday, host John Roberts pointed out that many Republicans were praising Christie for firing one of his top aides after a newspaper exposed his administration’s role in closing part of the busiest bridge in the world as part of political retribution plot, but President Barack Obama had not fired anyone over the health care reform law.

“I think he did himself a lot of good,” Rove said of Christie’s reaction to the scandal.“I think he did himself some good by contrasting with the normal, routine way of handing these things, which is to be evasive, to sort of trim on the edges.”

“You’ll notice we haven’t been hearing a lot from the Clinton camp about this,” he added.“Contrast both with Bill Clinton and Secretary Hillary Clinton’s handling of Benghazi.”

Later in the segment, Roberts asked the panel:“Where was this media coverage on Benghazi, the NSA or the IRS?”

Columnist George Will admitted that “this was not a phony scandal” because Christie’s administration had used the machinery of government to “screw our enemies.”

“There are reasons why conservatives had disagreements with Chris Christie, I don’t think that the tea party is going to seize upon Fort Lee and the George Washington Bridge as their defining difference with Christie,” Rove opined.“In fact, I think his handling of this, being straightforward, taking action — saying,‘I’m responsible’— firing the people probably gives him some street cred with some tea party Republicans, who say that’s what we want in a leader, somebody who steps up and takes responsibility.”

The Washington Post‘s Bob Woodward noted that the media needed to uncoverthe mindset of Christie’s staff because the decision to close the bridge “came out of that office.”

“So did Benghazi, and so did IRS… come out of appointees of President Obama and Secretary of State Hilary Clinton!” Rove shot back.“The amount of attention paid this week to Chris Christie makes the coverage of Benghazi at the same time and the coverage of the IRS pale in significance.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/12/karl-ro...

still whining about faux scandals. will it ever end?

and hey Dick......

Dick Cheney's $250-Million 'Get Out of Jail Free' Card

What's the going rate for getting a former vice president off the hook in a major criminal case that involves charges of government corruption and raises concerns about violent wrongdoing and even murder?

If you're Dick Cheney, it's roughly $250 million.

That's the amount that Halliburton and its former subsidiary KBR Inc. are reported, by Nigerian officials and international observers, to have paid to get the government of the African country to drop bribery charges against the former corporate CEO and other Halliburton employees and operatives.

http://www.thenation.com/blog/156800/dick-che...

let's see FOX ask him about that scandal.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1060984 Jan 12, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
this is an opinion site...
period, end of story...
"John Galt"
There is a huge difference between you and "sonic" when it comes to opinion. You offer yours based on your beliefs, "sonic" offers his based on what he can pull up from web sites, and only posts what the parts that agree with him. He is the cut and paste king.
Peace
Happy New Year
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1060985 Jan 12, 2014
Gates-gate is dead.

Former Defense Secretary Bob Gates, who wrote critically about Vice President Joe Biden and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, on Sunday said both would make good presidents.

"Actually, yeah I think she would," Gates said in an interview with "CBS Sunday Morning" when asked if Hillary Clinton would make a good commander-in-chief.

When asked about Biden, Gates also said he would also do well in the role.

"I suppose to be even-handed I would have to say I suppose he would," he said.

Gates, who in his book said Biden was "wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades," conceded that he sometimes agreed with the Vice President. And Gates had additional praise for Clinton.

"The thing that I like best about Secretary Clinton, other than the fact that she has a great sense of humor, was she's very tough-minded," he said.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/gates-c...

heads are spinning at FOXbot central.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1060986 Jan 12, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
What don't you understand about the death of the Shah?? If he had died a week after the hostages were taken, the hostages would have been released. It isn't Carter's fault that the Shah didn't die until July 27, 1980 or that Iraq didn't invade Iran until September forcing Khomeini's government to decide it was time to end the matter. Get a clue....repeat, in September, before Reagan was even elected and only after Iraq invaded Iran, Khomeini's government decided it was time to end the hostage crisis. The negotiations had nothing to do with Reagan. He was a stumbling block.
Maybe it would help if you asked yourself a few questions:

Why is it so important to you that a bunch of terrorist would have to like Carter?

Why just minutes after Regan entered office the hostages were released?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1060987 Jan 12, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"flack"
As informed as "uselesssinceforever " claims to be do you believe the additional details you offered were left out on purpose?
Peace
Happy New Year
Yes! Happy New Year Easy!!!!
dem

Chicago, IL

#1060988 Jan 12, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"John Galt"
There is a huge difference between you and "sonic" when it comes to opinion. You offer yours based on your beliefs, "sonic" offers his based on what he can pull up from web sites, and only posts what the parts that agree with him. He is the cut and paste king.
Peace
Happy New Year
youre finally right old timer
galt = stupid fkn hillbilly opinions
sonic = stated facts
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1060989 Jan 12, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"John Galt"
Peace
Happy New Year
not exactly true.

and anyway, at least you can go check and see if i cherry picked. try that with Galt. it seems some of the stuff he comes up with must be buried in the Dark Web.
dem

Chicago, IL

#1060990 Jan 12, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a beautiful day here in Boca Raton, in the 80's, nice breeze, lots of boats out, great day at the beach. What are all these people still doing on here whining all day?
i just dug my weber grill out of three feet of snow.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1060991 Jan 12, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
She is an interesting study into paranoid psychosis. No matter how irrational or ludicrous, her perception of reality is real to her and she will lash out or deflect any attempt to bring her back to the state of things as they actually exist.
Perhaps she is suffering from sleep deprivation

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 194,359
Abby 7-28-15 3 hr Kuuipo 10
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr Whiny1 6,251
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr PEllen 100,222
Snapchat me 6 hr Cheezybhole 2
5 Truths You Cannot Disagree With. 7 hr gonzo 15
Oak Park: Trying to hold on to its endearing past 7 hr joey 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages