Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1236161 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Frank

Spokane, WA

#1059513 Jan 10, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
"Leno:‘Now That Christie Is Denying Everything He Sounds Even More Presidential’
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/20...
The more he lies,the more he sounds like a Democrat candidate. If he was running on the Democrat ticket he would likely win.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1059514 Jan 10, 2014
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>And the Repubs never see a problem with creating a nation of peasants and elites. 18% gain in 30 years for the middle class and 300% for the Top. 33,000 American factories closed in the past 20 years and shipped to China by the Rich CEOs to pay teen slaves .30 cents an hour.
you don't have the slightest clue what "middle class" means....

the real middle class is up a much higher percentage....

your "statistics" suck....
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1059515 Jan 10, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
Single payer doesn't work in much less populated countries when it comes to prompt care for chronic or urgent needs. It's not uncommon for people to die before receiving medical attention.
Why would anyone think it would be different in a country of this size?
Seriously. Why?
You're lying Carol; it works very well in countries that have it and no one has to wait for urgent treatment. That's a fabrication that big insurance would like you to believe. How many people have died in this country when insurance carriers have refused payment or treatment was terminated due to some arbitrary lifetime cap?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1059517 Jan 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>do you really want 30 cents an hour jobs in the US?
( no need to use a decimal point if you use the word cents...you just said they make 30% of cents per hour...check with forks_make_us_fat on that, he'll round it up to one third!! you jus got a raise!!!!)
good point...the fool clearly flunked 4th grade math....
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1059520 Jan 10, 2014
Obama finally gets a clue what responsible leadership looks like and
fires CGI.

Obama administration to end contract with CGI Federal, company behind HealthCare.gov

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1059522 Jan 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>do you really want 30 cents an hour jobs in the US?
( no need to use a decimal point if you use the word cents...you just said they make 30% of cents per hour...check with forks_make_us_fat on that, he'll round it up to one third!! you jus got a raise!!!!)
by the way, not to be picky, but a decimal should always be expressed as 0.30, not as .30

not a typo, but a matter of education....
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1059523 Jan 10, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
I do not cover up anything!
I am honest!
I did not win Lie of the Year!
You can trust me!
trust.....

PolitiFact's Lie of the Year:'A government takeover of health care'

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/artic...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1059524 Jan 10, 2014
So... someone on the Democratic side want to tell me why I should get a job?

"In other terms this means that in 42 states and the District of Columbia, welfare recipients live above the federal poverty level."

http://www.examiner.com/article/welfare-worth...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1059526 Jan 10, 2014
<quoted text>
so says the thread liar who claimed he was a "conservative"!
as my posts clearly show i am.

again, it must suck for you to not be able to discuss issues like this intelligently..

like a child's brain stuck in an adults body...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1059527 Jan 10, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Christie is going to jail, flo.
We'll send you with him.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1059528 Jan 10, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
What same nonsense, nuc? THIS??? Facts about the Great Depression which PDupont had completely wrong????
http://uspolitics.about.com/od/economy/tp/wha...
Get a friggin' grip!!
Obama was the first name that popped into most people's heads because most people don't have a clue who they admire and say the first name that's most predominantly in the news.
Bush came in second even before Bill Clinton. Does that mean anything?
Again, get a friggin' grip. Obama is no longer trusted by the majority and the majority still oppose his signature law just as much now as they did before it passed.
There's NOTHING to admire about any president who lies to the American people about something as important as their health care for personal and political gain!!!
I'm glad you got blamed the other night.
No Carol, you were the one completely wrong about the Great Depression even going so far as to assert that the removal of the gold standard was done by Roosevelt when in fact it was Richard Nixon who did it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1059529 Jan 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>those would be the best reasons for you to need Christie! actually, that would be proof positive that the GOP needs Christie...
while you people bet all your marbles on a sick old lady who probably will be unable to run...

so, whatcha got...Joe Biden?????

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1059531 Jan 10, 2014
TSM wrote:
Eric Holder remarks ‘pathetic…Teachers must consider skin color when disciplining bad kids, according to DOJ, next he’ll argue Blacks are being incarcerated solely because of their Skin Color not that they did the crime so now their doing the Time!!
"A routine school disciplinary infraction should land a student in the principal’s office, not in a police precinct," Attorney General Eric Holder said in a statement.

Tough school discipline codes like zero-tolerance policies and mandatory suspensions for even minor infractions may have significant costs and glaring inequities.

That was a major message behind new guidelines issued Wednesday by the Obama administration, calling on schools to seek alternatives to harsh penalties like expulsions and suspensions that rob students of classroom time and may be racially biased.

The guidelines emphasize the need for a positive school climate and supports, clear and appropriate expectations and consequences, and equity in discipline policies. They're a response to a growing body of statistics showing both the costs of harsh disciplinary policies and the frequent inequities in how they’re applied, particularly to black and special-education students."

“When carried out in connection with zero-tolerance policies, such practices can erode trust between students and school staff, and undermine efforts to create the positive school climates needed to engage students in a well-rounded and rigorous curriculum,” wrote Education Secretary Arne Duncan in a “dear colleague” letter to school officials.“In fact, research indicates an association between higher suspension rates and lower schoolwide academic achievement and standardized test scores.”

Makes sense to me.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Education/2014/0...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1059533 Jan 10, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
US blacklists militant groups known as“Ansar al-Sharia in Benghazi and Ansar al-Sharia in Derna......
Just more proof that, unlike the Republican claim, the attack on Benghazi was not an "Al-Queda led event". The House Intelligence chair and Fox News are looking dumber and dumber.
Let me simplify this for you
terrorist group= attack on Benghazi
video did not cause of attack

You look foolish trying to obfuscate or is this truly logical to you.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1059534 Jan 10, 2014
dem wrote:
Yeah, sure, Christie was swift and decisive. After nearly four months of denying his administration had anything to do with the bridge study, Christie threw his deputy chief of staff under the bus—but only after the public release of emails sent by her and others in his administration exposed his previous denials as false.
Due to a traffic study at some duhm-bo-rats insistance no doubt.

Give the ACU something ELSE to sue the current commie-kid corrpt admin over!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1059535 Jan 10, 2014
MATH LESSONS AND JOB NUMBERS!!!

So... someone on the Democratic side want to tell me why I should get a job?

' In 12 states, welfare pays more than an equivalent job that paid $15 per hour."

http://www.examiner.com/article/welfare-worth...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1059536 Jan 10, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Yeah.
They really have become a crazy bunch.
"After bragging in a TV interview that the state's Voter ID regulations would "kick the Democrats in the butt," and after making reference to "lazy blacks that want the government to give them everything," a North Carolina conservative activist has stepped down from his Republican Party post."
"The law is going to kick the Democrats in the butt," Yelton told Daily Show correspondent Aasif Mandvi. "If it hurts a bunch of college kids too lazy to get up off their bohonkas and go get a photo ID, so be it. If it hurts a bunch of whites, so be it."
Yelton also said, "If it hurts a bunch of lazy blacks that want the government to give them everything, so be it."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2...
Goooood morning USAsince1680.

Yes they have. Now they've reverted to repeating themselves on old, non existent issues...

...and showing there's still a segment of American society they despise no matter what and will do whatever they can to eliminate them from voting for their political gain.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1059537 Jan 10, 2014
<quoted text>
Pretty sneaky libtard. You do just what the liberal media does. You forgot to mention something.
The title of the article!
"GOP leaders asked conservative activist Don Yelton to resign after controversial remarks."
dirtbag.
Of course they did. They fired him for telling the truth. Something that the GOP just won't tolerate.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1059539 Jan 10, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
good point...the fool clearly flunked 4th grade math....
Yep, rounding 30% to 1/3 is never heard of in math.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1059540 Jan 10, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>The more he lies,the more he sounds like a Democrat candidate. If he was running on the Democrat ticket he would likely win.
hey Frank, what the heck happened in Virginia? the hardcore tea party fool got crushed didn't he? why is that? because he said the same kind of stuff that you say?

so i'd say the Dems have no real need to lie to win an election. all they have to do is...'Hey, look over there!'. easy as can be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
abby 6-2 15 min Sublime1 12
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques Orleans 189,837
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 53,583
amy 6-2 1 hr Sublime1 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Newt Gingrinch 99,595
News Former U.S. House Speaker Hastert indicted on f... 2 hr Drifter 46
Word (Dec '08) 5 hr Red_Forman 5,253
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]