Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1419738 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1059992 Jan 10, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
I love what you are wearing!
This old rag? Thank you?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1059993 Jan 10, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Really? then why are they doing this? Democrats are disgusting: Senate Democrats killed an amendment from Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH) that would have paid for unemployment benefits for many Americans and replaced recent cuts to veterans’ pensions by closing a tax code loophole that allows illegal aliens to access the Refundable Child Tax Credit.
Barbara Boxer threw a fit on the Senate Floor,“Now this idea of going after (illegal)children is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard and I’m shocked,” an irate Boxer said on the Senate floor while shaking her finger up and down.“I am shocked. You’re going to hurt (illegal) children. You’re going to take away food out of their (illegal) mouths.”
We've been down this road before.

Oh, those poor veterans. Boo Hoo. Ayotte's plan was to reinstate the annual cost-of-living adjustment for "working-age" military retirees. They'll live. Can't say that about these children who are American citizens or legal resident aliens.

FACT: Undocumented workers whose wages are taxed and who file federal income tax returns are eligible to claim the credit on behalf of their U.S.-CITIZEN CHILDREN.

"Congress enacted the Child Tax Credit in 1998 to help keep America’s children from falling into poverty by allowing families with children to reduce the amount of federal taxes that they owe. Because the objective of the credit is to protect children in low-income families, Congress only requires the Internal Revenue Service to ensure that the child being claimed is a U.S. citizen or legal resident alien."

FACT: "Approximately $4.2 billion in refundable credits were issued in 2010 to ITIN filers, representing about 15 percent of the total Additional Child Tax Credit refunds paid. These same 2.18 million filers also contributed more than $7 billion in federal taxes toward Medicare and Social Security, programs from which they will never recoup benefits, meaning the U.S. Treasury still comes out ahead."

SHAME ON REPUBLICANS FOR TRYING TO TAKE MONEY FROM AMERICAN CHILDREN.

http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/immigr...

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1059994 Jan 10, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to stop talking to yourself. Just one lie after another.
Are you sure you are not related to Christie? You both seem to be cut of the same mold.(That is not a complement).
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1059996 Jan 10, 2014
That's all 'you got'... Rhetorical, recycled nonsense, cherocreep.

Go put your black face on.

Phony, fake, white boy wearin' warrior Indian face

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... .
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You are heavily into masochism and so insults are pleasurable events.
Therefore, I like you a lot.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... ..

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1059999 Jan 10, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
New Jersey Democrats smell blood in the water and they're going to keep pushing for what answers they can get from Christie's people about what caused his aides to apparently target the mayor of the town of fewer than 40,000 people in a political vendetta. And, most importantly, they'll be probing to find out who else was involved.
A cache of about two dozen pages of emails and text messages blew the case wide open this week, but Jersey Democrats are about to release nearly 5,000 more.
What's in those documents, almost no one knows for sure. In this case, what Christie doesn't know can hurt him.
If it turns out that Christie actually did what many suspect he did then it will become clear that Christie uses the Magic Negro Playbook of Politics: "Punish your enemies, Reward your friends"

It's no wonder Christie smooches the buttocks of the Great One.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1060000 Jan 10, 2014
lnc wrote:
The US unemployment rate fell again in December for the fifth month in a row as firms create 74,000 new jobs, latest figures show.
"dink"
Yup, 74,000 new jobs. Grate. The problem;
- Probably 200,000 entered the work force. New jobs about 125,000 short of meeting the demand
- Over 350,000 applied for unemployment benefits
Yup, 74,000 jobs is a grate number.
Peace
KMA
Happy New Year

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1060002 Jan 10, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
O'Reilly is 64 ?
Who will pick up the torch after he leaves?
LoisLane59?
Well, we are on the same wavelength and, in all humility, I'd be the logical choice.

But seriously though...just hope someone with a little bite, an honest approach and who doesn't mince words takes over the torch. I like Greg Gutfeld myself.

Lapeer, MI

#1060006 Jan 10, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure you are not related to Christie? You both seem to be cut of the same mold.(That is not a complement).
"...cut of the same mold"??????

Do you mean like Brick Cheese gone bad?

Look...you can be cut from the same cloth......

or be cast from the same mold....

But you can't be cut of the same mold.

Do you and newyawk share the same trailer?
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1060007 Jan 10, 2014
Welcome ... If they find he lied, was responsible "for the closing of the Bridges that allegedly led to an Elderly Woman's death"? <<< That the gist of what you're referring to.

Then, if he ordered The Bridges to be closed, he's responsible for the maladies it created, but I don't believe they would necessarily find him guilty of a crime.

Unless, The GOP or even The DNC wants him knocked out of the running.

Maybe ... We shall see.
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. I knew you'd give me the truth. Is he guilty of a crime if they find he lied?

Lapeer, MI

#1060009 Jan 10, 2014
new yawk wrote:
That's all 'you got'... Rhetorical, recycled nonsense, cherocreep.
Go put your black face on.
Phony, fake, white boy wearin' warrior Indian face
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... .
<quoted text>
You Chemical Therapy has gone awry there, Doodette:)

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1060011 Jan 10, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
covered up? do you know about it? i realize you don't know anything about it, but you seem to know that it happened.
They get hold of a conspiracy theory and they just can't let go.

Lapeer, MI

#1060012 Jan 10, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we are on the same wavelength and, in all humility, I'd be the logical choice.
But seriously though...just hope someone with a little bite, an honest approach and who doesn't mince words takes over the torch. I like Greg Gutfeld myself.
"I became a conservative by being around liberals (at UC Berkeley) and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives."

--- Greg Gutfeld

I like that.
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1060013 Jan 10, 2014
Wicked Fire! Then don't start storming with any thundering words. THEN: Wild Fire!!!
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
newyawk is a forest fire waiting for a thunderstorm.

Lapeer, MI

#1060015 Jan 10, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you agree that your only shot at the White House blew it.
My only shot at the White House????

I haven't even put out feelers much less announced my candidacy yet!
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1060017 Jan 10, 2014
You are cut from the same mold. And Enoch is cut from the same cloth.

And the only thing that's going to be cast is YOU ... First with cement shoes.
Then, into Hades.

SHAD UP !!! LOL !!!
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"...cut of the same mold"??????
Do you mean like Brick Cheese gone bad?
Look...you can be cut from the same cloth......
or be cast from the same mold....
But you can't be cut of the same mold.
Do you and newyawk share the same trailer?

Lapeer, MI

#1060020 Jan 10, 2014
new yawk wrote:
Wicked Fire! Then don't start storming with any thundering words. THEN: Wild Fire!!!
<quoted text>
Wildfire (Michael Martin Murphey song)?

You're a horse?

Any relation to Wilbur and Mr. Ed?
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1060021 Jan 10, 2014
Truth be told, haven't been keeping up with the whole incident, so don't know a lot of the "particulars" ... I post multi-tasking, glancing through ... So what is it he would be charged with and indicted for?

But, I thought The Dems in NJ voted for him ....??

And didn't he start that nasty politicking against Rand Paul first ?

I think a Candidate should run on their own merit, their own record, not smearing the other guy. Truths about bad policies, sure ....
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think he will be found culpable in the woman's death.
But I do think the dems really dislike him. Bordering on hate from what I've heard and read.
I think he's really in trouble of being indicted.

Lapeer, MI

#1060022 Jan 10, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll be lucky if I can save you if yawkie really wants to fk you up.
Is she one of those Jamaican Chicken Killers?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Lapeer, MI

#1060023 Jan 10, 2014
new yawk wrote:
You are cut from the same mold. And Enoch is cut from the same cloth.
And the only thing that's going to be cast is YOU ... First with cement shoes.
Then, into Hades.
SHAD UP !!! LOL !!!
<quoted text>
I was cast in a play once.....as a leading man.

....a man of the cloth....
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1060024 Jan 10, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
New York Times Investigative Report Destroys Right Wing Myths About Benghazi Attack
http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-liberal/2013...
You really need to peruse a real news site on occasion.

Militant groups named by Obama administration in Benghazi attack

January 10, 2014 (WASHINGTON)-- The Obama administration for the first time on Friday identified two militant groups in Libya, including one led by a former Guantanamo Bay detainee, as being allegedly involved in the attack in Benghazi that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans.

The department designated the two branches of the Ansar al-Sharia in Libya, those in the cities of Derna and Benghazi, and a third branch in Tunisia as foreign terrorist organizations.

It also named Sufian bin Qumu, the leader of the Derna branch, and Ahmed Abu Khattala, a senior leader of the Benghazi branch, as specially designated global terrorists.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min District 1 222,678
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min Into The Night 61,061
last post wins! (Dec '10) 8 hr honeymylove 2,427
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 hr Ize Found 70,958
last post wins! (Apr '13) 12 hr They cannot kill ... 1,475
Social Security 13 hr Master L-Bates 8
Star news is Annoying. 13 hr Jerkt toff 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages